Looking for Shoujo (Shoujo Recommendations)

Guest xFloOwuffBB

This thread is so perfect, since I've become a shoujo addict in the last few months, LOL.
I definitely second "Ookami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji"! It gets so cute. ;-;And I recommend "Horimiya." The characters are really likable to me. 
I'm glad you guys are picky about art/drawing styles, because I am too lol.Btw, @xFloOwuffBB, what is your myanimelist background from? Is it a manga? o:

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest xFloOwuffBB

@Salt Ahh XD Horimiya is definitely adorable. But it's really predictable and it had so much potential to be a cool concept for a shoujo ;0;

And actually it's not from an anime or manga at all :3 It's from a music video XD Just watch. :D

If you're not familiar with Vocaloids I suggest you get into them >.<

Guest xiaohimecece

I've been on a shoujo manga binge during winter break trying to find some not so popular reads.
Here's what I recommend!

Tonari no Kaibutsu kun- Comedic love story between two high school students and their friends.
i141849.png

Orange Chocolate- A lighthearted story in which a kabuki actor pretty boy switches body with his childhood friend.
i123942.jpg

Jiujiu- Deals with supernatural wolfs-->sexyboys transformation, great art.
i123709.jpg

Kore wa Koi no Hanashi
- Huge age gap romance between a writer and student, great plot.
i141872.jpg

Akatsuki no Yona
- Red Haired Princess in a historical/fantasy type setting with bishi boys.
i135593.jpg

Slop Mansion ni Okaeri
- A oneshot story in a cute fantasy/modern type setting.
i122172.png

Hiiro Ouji
- Comedic story between a modern day vampire and exorcist
i144998.png

Yashio to Mikumo- A story about how a girl cat fell in love with the guy cat who saved her life. A hidden cat society!
i143241.jpg

Mei-chan no Shitsuji-
Your average ditzy girl suddenly got a hot butler and gets into all these heart twisting situations.
i145256.jpg

Orange- A sort of Time traveling compelling story that makes you think. A story about a first love.
i145295.jpg

And some of the ones I'd recommend were already recommended by others in this thread haha.

Guest xFloOwuffBB

@xiaohimecece Ahh! ^_^ Thanks for the recommendations! Most of those names are ones I haven't seen/are familiar with so I'm excited to check them out. Thanks for the summaries as well. :3

Guest locke06

How about Tokyo Crazy Paradise? It is by the same author of Skip Beat. Tokyo Crazy Paradise is about a mafia boss who black mail (because she owes him money) a detective daughter to be his body guard. Eventually, they slowly fall in love. It is a good mixture of action, adventure, and love.

Mars by Fuyumi Soryo. It is about a timid girl who is an artist who falls in love with a playboy. Both of them have a tragic pass which units them together.

Basara is also another good one, and so is Anatolia Story (aka...Red river). I don't know how to explain the plot to you, but here is the wiki link.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_River_(manga)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basara_%28manga%29

Guest xFloOwuffBB

@xiaohimecece
So far Yashio to Mikumu is on my "Currently Reading" list :D I'm quite pleased and intrigued with the story. Just wish it would update more! I'm off to check out the others now

Guest xiaohimecece

@xFloOwuffBB: ^^ I'm glad you like it.

@lock06: Ooh~ I read all of those that you recommended and they all have great stories but I'd have to say, those are rather old series.
Personally I like retro shoujo manga, but I guess to some people the art's not appealing (especially Basara).

Haha, and I just realized I totally didn't look close enough at the previous posts to see what was read so I'll recommend a bit more.
These are my personal favorite and are all completed series.

Merupuri- 4 volumes. About a high school girl who gets involved with a fairytale prince-like story.

Mekakushi no Kuni (Land of the Blindfolded)- 9 Volumes. Follows a high school student with a sort of ESP power which allows her to sometimes see glimpses into the future. Story revolves around meeting others like her and trying to prevent unfortunate events in the future that she sees.

Penguin Kakumei- 7 Volumes. A girl has this ability to see the 'aura' of a person which appears in the form of wings. The bigger the wings, the more potential the person has in becoming a famous star! She gets into a position as a manager for an uprising male star.

Mademoiselle Butterfly- 2 Volumes. Set in the historical time period, a geshia in training falls in love with the tattoo artist next door. She struggles to convey her feelings.

Full Moon o Sagashite
- 7 volumes, Completed. Mitsuki is a girl who loves to sing but she is not allowed to due to the malignant tumor in her throat. With the help of two shinigamis she gets to temporary turn into a healthy girl and pursue her dream as a singer. Unfortunately, things are not as easy as they seem.

Mishounen Produce- 4 Volumes. Two country bumpkins who started school in Tokyo, where the girl starts to 'produce' her childhood friend into a handsome and popular school idol while trying to hide their country bumpkin status.

Zettai Heiwa Daisakusen-4 Volumes. In order to keep the peace between the north and south kingdoms a political marriage was formed. But the two don't exactly get along in the first place.

I'm not the biggest fan of shoujo but I've had my fair share so I'll give in my two cents :)A light webtoon I've enjoyed for awhile is Orange Marmalade.The most amazing one shot is Ipaasha. The art is so pretty tooThere's Nana, it's heavily based on romance and is known to be a classic (i personally don't like it cause I didn't like Hachi's personality but don't take my opinion to heart. Theres heaps of people who adored this anime/manga)I do love Kimi ni Todoke though :)
If I were to recommend the best, it does have to be ipaasha. The only thing you'd hate is how it's a one shot cause I was grieving for more lol

Guest xFloOwuffBB

stevie_95 said: I'm not the biggest fan of shoujo but I've had my fair share so I'll give in my two cents :)A light webtoon I've enjoyed for awhile is Orange Marmalade.The most amazing one shot is Ipaasha. The art is so pretty tooThere's Nana, it's heavily based on romance and is known to be a classic (i personally don't like it cause I didn't like Hachi's personality but don't take my opinion to heart. Theres heaps of people who adored this anime/manga)I do love Kimi ni Todoke though :)
If I were to recommend the best, it does have to be ipaasha. The only thing you'd hate is how it's a one shot cause I was grieving for more lol

• 2 weeks later...
Guest SUPERjennziiee

Hey ! 
I just recently started reading shoujo manga as well, and boy, does it keep me up all night ! LOL ! I downloaded an app on to my iphone(wish I had an ipad instead ! ) that allows me to download the manga and read them. Its called MangaReader and the best part is, its consistently updates just like a regular website ! 
Well, I recommended you some mangas and I'm sorry in advance that I wont be writing any synopsis about these anime but I am pretty picky with my stories. So do trust me when I say these shoujo are REAAAALLLY good :) 
-Kaichou wa Maid-sama-Faster than a Kiss-Dengeki Daisy-Desire Climax: THIS IS RATED R - READ IF YOU'RE INTO THOSE KINDA THINGS ;)-Kitchen Princess-Suki desu Suzuki-kun: whatever you do, you must read this ! it's incredibly good and addictive but it's incomplete..

Guest xFloOwuffBB

Thanks for all the titles everyone! Here are some that I've found that I really enjoy reading
Most are in progress :)
(Sorry if I repeat some that have already been mentioned, I'm just going from my most recent bookmarks!)

• Akuma de Koi Shiyou - Nanami, a first-year high-school student, has a history of failed relationships. When she finally meets her ideal guy is he really who she thinks he is?
  • Namida Usagi - When Momoka, a very shy girl who loves rabbits, is forced to change her seats, she finds herself at sitting at the back of the class, next to a boy she has never spoken to before, Narumi. Everyone thinks that he is strange and all of the girls are afraid of him. Why? There is a rumor that he is cursed and that the girls sitting next to him will never find love. Momoka believes in the rumor and fears him, but she gradually discovers the true Narumi and eventually new feelings are taking a hold on her. Is it friendship or... love?
  • 14-sai no Koi - A story about two unusually mature young people. They are both smart, very together and they are in love. But, as grown-up as they act, they are still just 14 and their feelings for each other are captured with tenderness and lack of nostalgia, but very cutely.

Guest cristaliciouzone

Arisa is a good shojo manga. does anyone read it too? but the last 2 chapters still hasnt been released yet since last year :( so im curious about the ending arhhhh :( only can the raw version but i cant understand a thing T_T
anyway, does someone know why i cant post a new topic? :( i want to post a topic about it.

^
On the anime/manga and games homepage click on "New Thread" on the top left corner. It's a giant purple button.

About Arisa: Oh wow! That's horrible, only one more volume to go and no completion :( That's horrible! The same thing happened to me with Tonari no Atashi. It seems they are not translating the last volume. But Arisa seems like a mystery series, that must really suck :P

Guest cristaliciouzone

yea i know >.< its a mystery so i wanna know the ending T__T
btwhere right? http://forums.soompi.com/categories/animemanga-gamesbut i couldnt find the "new thread" button on the top left corner :(  only: class="H HomepageTitle" style="margin: 5px 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-size: 26px; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; vertical-align: baseline; line-height: 1.4em; color: rgb(63, 63, 64); text-shadow: white 1px 1px 0px; background-color: rgb(233, 233, 239);" class="H HomepageTitle" style="margin: 5px 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-size: 26px; vertical-align: baseline; line-height: 1.4em; text-shadow: white 1px 1px 0px;"anime, manga, & gameswho doesn't love this stuff! V(^o^)V [moderators: Godotology]123456795

or maybe it isnt available for me? @.@

Guest xFloOwuffBB

cristaliciouzone said: yea i know >.< its a mystery so i wanna know the ending T__T
btwhere right? http://forums.soompi.com/categories/animemanga-gamesbut i couldnt find the "new thread" button on the top left corner :(  only: class="H HomepageTitle" style="margin: 5px 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-size: 26px; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; vertical-align: baseline; line-height: 1.4em; color: rgb(63, 63, 64); text-shadow: white 1px 1px 0px; background-color: rgb(233, 233, 239);" class="H HomepageTitle" style="margin: 5px 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-size: 26px; vertical-align: baseline; line-height: 1.4em; text-shadow: white 1px 1px 0px;"anime, manga, & gameswho doesn't love this stuff! V(^o^)V [moderators: Godotology]123456795

or maybe it isnt available for me? @.@

cristaliciouzone said: yea i know >.< its a mystery so i wanna know the ending T__T
btwhere right? http://forums.soompi.com/categories/animemanga-gamesbut i couldnt find the "new thread" button on the top left corner :(  only: style='margin: 5px 0px; padding: 0px; outline: 0px; border: 0px currentColor; color: rgb(63, 63, 64); line-height: 1.4em; font-family: "Open Sans", "Helvetica Neue", Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 26px; vertical-align: baseline; background-color: rgb(233, 233, 239); text-shadow: white 1px 1px 0px;' class="H HomepageTitle"

anime, manga, & games

who doesn't love this stuff! V(^o^)V [moderators: Godotology]123456795or maybe it isnt available for me? @.@

Guest cristaliciouzone

looks like its pretty quite here O.O no one would seem to reply about arisa. i even posted on other manga forum xD but still no luck >.<
just got notification lol xD :
Good news! You've been promoted to full member status.You can now start threads.February 8

Archived