Ask The Fellas

Guest iilysium

Would a coworker who offers to carpool with you once he found out you lived in the same neighborhood, and asked questions like your religion and say maybe you could go to church with him one day be interested in you? Orrrr is that just being friendly? *anddd only known this coworker for 2 days*

Guest JinaStar

hello :>

I know this guy who's a year older than me (he's a college freshman and I'm a high school senior), who I see weekly at a sports thing. I've liked him for quite a while now- we've gotten closer lately and I text him on an almost daily basis, and we've had dinner together (he likes Korean restaurants, but he says he needs to have a Korean person with him) I was kinda like 'woah, do I actually have a chance?!', coz he's pretty popular. But then he got a girlfriend (about 3 weeks, now?) and he'd liked her for some time, too. He told me that the girl hasn't had a long relationship (never over 2 months, although she's had a lot of boyfriends).

We've texted constantly until 2AM at which point he told me to go sleep. (Through texting I get the feeling sometimes that him and his girlfriend aren't really that close, though they're 'facebook official') He tries to restart the conversation if he sees that I've seen his text yet hasn't replied, but sometimes he just talks like he doesn't want to carry on the conversation. He told me about his obsession with speed, and his wanting to race, at which point I asked him what his gf thought and he replied 'she doesn't care', but then offered to take me driving with him after the next dinner that we're apparently going to have. Do guys usually have dinner alone with girls when they have a girlfriend? Or is he just really friendly/REALLYWANTSTOGOTOTHESEKOREANRESTAURANTS?

I've tried to indirectly hint I liked him (SO I'VE LIKED THIS GUY FOR OVER A YEAR BUT HE HAS A GIRLFRIEND, after he entered the relationship) he seemed oblivious. (cheered me on... told me to 'DON'T LOSE HOPE')

Another thing- whenever I see him, I hug him as I leave (always at the sports place, never went anywhere with him before the dinner). He's always tried to avoid the hugs/never responded at all in front of the sports peoples. But at the last dinner, he hugged me back at the bus stop- I don't think I was hanging so long onto him that it woulda seemed prudish not to return the action. I'm overthinking this, right?

I feel like I'm just overthinking/holding false hope, and I'd appreciate any feedback/opinions about my situation T_T

Guest rickertv2

JinaStar said: hello :>

I know this guy who's a year older than me (he's a college freshman and I'm a high school senior), who I see weekly at a sports thing. I've liked him for quite a while now- we've gotten closer lately and I text him on an almost daily basis, and we've had dinner together (he likes Korean restaurants, but he says he needs to have a Korean person with him) I was kinda like 'woah, do I actually have a chance?!', coz he's pretty popular. But then he got a girlfriend (about 3 weeks, now?) and he'd liked her for some time, too. He told me that the girl hasn't had a long relationship (never over 2 months, although she's had a lot of boyfriends).

We've texted constantly until 2AM at which point he told me to go sleep. (Through texting I get the feeling sometimes that him and his girlfriend aren't really that close, though they're 'facebook official') He tries to restart the conversation if he sees that I've seen his text yet hasn't replied, but sometimes he just talks like he doesn't want to carry on the conversation. He told me about his obsession with speed, and his wanting to race, at which point I asked him what his gf thought and he replied 'she doesn't care', but then offered to take me driving with him after the next dinner that we're apparently going to have. Do guys usually have dinner alone with girls when they have a girlfriend? Or is he just really friendly/REALLYWANTSTOGOTOTHESEKOREANRESTAURANTS?

I've tried to indirectly hint I liked him (SO I'VE LIKED THIS GUY FOR OVER A YEAR BUT HE HAS A GIRLFRIEND, after he entered the relationship) he seemed oblivious. (cheered me on... told me to 'DON'T LOSE HOPE')

Another thing- whenever I see him, I hug him as I leave (always at the sports place, never went anywhere with him before the dinner). He's always tried to avoid the hugs/never responded at all in front of the sports peoples. But at the last dinner, he hugged me back at the bus stop- I don't think I was hanging so long onto him that it woulda seemed prudish not to return the action. I'm overthinking this, right?

I feel like I'm just overthinking/holding false hope, and I'd appreciate any feedback/opinions about my situation T_T

Guest rickertv2

yukixoxo said: Hi, so I was talking to this guy and he asked if anyone liked me and i asked him why and he replied. Oh, nothing, just wanted to know if anyone also liked you. Wonder if I'm reading this much into this?
:-/

Guest rickertv2

ajlee613 said: lilliums said: I was talking with my male friends, and nearly 100% of them agreed that "the hotter a girl is, the bitchier she's allowed to be." 

Can anyone please explain their opinion on this? Lol.

Guest kiss_bunny

odaesan said:
kiss_bunny said: We hang out a lot and sometimes we make out and fool around but that's it. 
Should I just go with the flow?I'm actually pretty happy with how things are. I have someone I connect with, and at the same time, do not have to be in a relationship that I am not ready for.

kiss_bunny, all it seems to me that you're doing is avoiding labeling a relationship to which you can associate the things that you want to do. You want to do some things as if you were in a committed relationship, but you don't want to actually call it that, so you don't think that it's the right thing to do.

Your friend, R, may also think the same thing.

If you're not over someone else, then give it time. Don't think about what other people think. Don't even think too much about dating for a while. You're thinking too much of different things and someone will get hurt if you do this. As time passes, then you will be able to see what you want to do. It's not thinking about it over time either. It's about just letting some time pass. 2-3 months is a large amount of time that has passed. I'm sure that you've almost made it to the point that you will be able to decide.

Guest Kyosukemox

Every time I come back to this thread there's a mountain of new stories that share identical or similar problems; for all the girls that are being juggled by such and such guy; subject to multiple fights verbal or physical; two-timed; friends with benefits (unless you are into it and are aware of the emotional consequences you may experience later); need to move on; etc. Honestly after travelling around the world for some time and staying in different places I realized how much of us (boys and girls) often waste a lot of our time bickering over needless arguments when there are a ton of brilliant and genuine people out there waiting to experience a loving and healthy relationship... It's really about testing the waters and going out of your way to meet these people (or luckily/accidentally meet them) that you will be able to finally understand that the person you are with is not necessarily the one and only person that will love you and understand you. You will see that there are tons of other people that could possibly offer the same or more! Albeit I have to admit there's a bunch of shitty people out there too, but I find that you will slowly be able to recognize them sooner the more you meet and interact. BTW if you really don't believe in the term "There are plenty of fish in the sea", then I doubt that you have traveled enough (long enough) or taken the time to exerted enough effort to give others a chance or simply get to know them better.
In any case this thread and the "Ask The Ladies" are the two threads that keep me coming back to this site; they show how close the Soompi community is and that we always have each others backs even though we probably never talk to one another or even know each other!
:P

Guest Cloud Expert

Hey guys. Say you and a girl are emailing each other. Is the time taken for you to mail her relative to how much you like or are interested in her? I mean if you did like this girl you would be checking your email everyday right? 

Guest yingyingluvshearts

Hello
My girl friends and I wonder what it mean when guys call girls cute? Is their a deeper meaning? of they just calling you cute? Thanks :)

Guest yingyingluvshearts

odaesan said: Cloud Expert said: Hey guys. Say you and a girl are emailing each other. Is the time taken for you to mail her relative to how much you like or are interested in her? I mean if you did like this girl you would be checking your email everyday right? 

Guest Sunshines

Hello! So I've been noticing a guy who is in like two of my classes and I think he's kinda cute. There were times when I was on my way to class and we bumped to each other so I think he would recognize that I'm in his classes. I want to talk to him but how would I approach him? I get really nervous because looks are intimidating.The semester is almost over and would it be weird if I just suddenly started to talk to him? 

It's weird to me, but I think that most people would like the attention, so they wouldn't mind.

Do you want my first Physics teacher's pick-up line? It's a good line and it works better on men. (Not that I've tried it on men.)

You can ask him for his notes if they're separated and unrelated to the upcoming exam, but the semester is ending, so that probably won't work.

Oh, semester is ending. You can try that thing that one guy used to try to get that one girl who kept wearing skimpy clothing near the end of my previous semester. You can ask to be in his study group. If you have friends in that class, then you can start one and you can invite him.

Guest Sunshines

odaesan said: It's weird to me, but I think that most people would like the attention, so they wouldn't mind.

Do you want my first Physics teacher's pick-up line? It's a good line and it works better on men. (Not that I've tried it on men.)

You can ask him for his notes if they're separated and unrelated to the upcoming exam, but the semester is ending, so that probably won't work.

Oh, semester is ending. You can try that thing that one guy used to try to get that one girl who kept wearing skimpy clothing near the end of my previous semester. You can ask to be in his study group. If you have friends in that class, then you can start one and you can invite him.