• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bananali

• counsel05

• zee

• stekatta

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking while (re)watching this BTS video, at 1'02" he's waving happily, his hand up (maybe there's some music on the set yeah), Minho seems sooo happy and confortable on the shooting set... :) 
And THEN it reminds me: in this actual fountain scene of episode 16, when as TJ he is sitting besides JH, he's so happy to be with her that he's slowly moving his body left and right as if he was singing to himself. There, he's acting as TJ. Later on the bike in the making of, he's himself. But same behavior. 
Minho, is there a looooot of your own feelings towards Sulli in the "TJ is so happy with JH" 's scene ? :)
Anyway again we can see how confortable they are with each other, and Minho is obviously full of smiles, although it's a kissing scene. Isn't he smiling too openly at her? :)

Guest DolceNera_24

.Im back!  Haha. After launching the thread , I rewarded myself a goodnight sleep ..For those who mentioned my name ,Thank you very much. I'm not going to say your name One by one..Hope you all guys enjoy your spazzing here on our Home thread. If you have any suggestions or feedback,,,feel free to say it. Everyone has VOICE on this page. I maybe moderate this page, but you Guys, I mean my beloved  co MINSUL SHippers, will always be IMPORTANT PART of it.Every post of yours .. is  well appreciated.So keep spazzing.This is only  just the beginning of our Journey...Still We have a long way to go. Lets Take our hands. And make some Miracle.:)>- (seriously  sounds I'm like a preacher or something..)

BTw, by searching some MINSUL videos.. happens to stumble on this one ,

AT.1:00.. I really like how MINHO laugh. I Dont understand what the hell their saying...but just seeing ONE MINSUL MOMENT thats enough for me.
 and I LEARNED ONE THING 

If someone ask you ...HOW ARE YOU?
As MINSUL.. you need to answer alla SULLI style.
IM FINE APPLE.

The Minsul Chronicles - Part 1

"Sulli-ya!" Minho shouted in greeting as he entered the private room at the Din Tau Fun Restaurant in Myeongdong.

"Oopa! Why so late?" She jumped out of her seat to greet him.

A brief hug was followed by a brotherly pat on the head for Sulli.

"Mianhe. The flight got delayed. We came here straight from the airport," explained Minho who just got back from an Asian tour in Singapore, Indonesia, Taiwan and Hong Kong.

"How have you been? You hair has grown," Minho smiled. His tiredness from the tour and flight somehow forgotten at the sight of his beautiful friend.

"Owh! You've got dark circles around your eyes again," Sulli reached out to not-so-gently poke the bottom of his eyes. "Are you tired from the flight?"

"Ani, just not sleeping well again. And check out this new cut on my arm," Minho pouted.

"Chincha, Oppa, can you not be more careful next time," both of them looking the other over for any wear and tear of the industry.

"Ya, you have only gone for 3 weeks, Minho," Amber scoffed at the over the top greeting of her two friends, "not a year of hiatus."

Just back from her trip to the ladies, Amber proceeded to take her seat beside Sulli's.

However, she stopped at the sight of Minho and Sulli's excited chatter beside her and smiled.

"You wanna take my seat, bro? I'll scoot over to the next one," Amber asked in the most boyish fashion she could muster.

The Shinee and f(x) members, together with the boys from EXO, were meeting up for their bi-monthly dinner and karaoke gathering organized by the company. It was SM Entertainment's way of keeping its artistes close and familiar with each other. This gathering was on top of the daily or weekly group practices that they have whenever there was a group concert.

Minho turned and smiled at the petite, short haired tomboy. Putting his arms around her shoulders, he grinned, "Ya, Amber, you surely know the way to a boy's heart."

"Uhuh, yup... by allowing him to sit next to another girl," Amber said rolling her eyes.

Sulli giggled and put her palms together with a mianhe and thank you of her own.

It was a little over three months after the end of the drama series, To The Beautiful You, the gender bender drama that spun an international frenzy despite lukewarm receipts at the home front.

Minho and Sulli have always been close.

They were not nicknamed the Choi siblings for nothing. But the drama seemed to bring them closer together. Not a day will pass without one of them calling the other and whenever the groups were brought together, the pair will stick like glue, chatting and joking non stop.

Right after the drama, the pair were often thrown in together with the other actors of To The Beautiful You as promotional stints. They not only have to guest in local variety shows but in the neighbouring ones as well.

In fact, it was just announced that they were nominated as the Best Drama Couple, that will be awarded at SBS year end Drama Award Ceremony.

To the outward eye, it was a relationship that was not romantic in nature, one that is without batting eye lids or shy glances. Rather it was a robust friendship that bordered subtle intimacy.

Robust when the two were caught playing, practising and teasing each other. Being similar in height, they were normally paired up when the groups perform together. The robustness turned subtle when at meal times, Minho was often seen putting food in Sulli's plate; or when going home, he will carry her bag to the van for her. Sulli on the hand, will share her bottled water with him or massage his ankles after a vigorous dance routine.

This image has been resized to fit in the page. Click to enlarge.

It has also become a routine for them to call each other every morning and each night. Whatever that Minho watches on TV, Sulli would too; and whatever Sulli read, she would share it with Minho; just so they can talk about them later.

Even if they were familiar with each other before the days of the drama, they were still a little awkward and shy with each other in the beginning of the filming. It did not really help either with the fact that they had a kissing scene right in Week 2 of filming.

Minho thought he had the upper hand as a kissing-veteran; having already filmed kissing scenes with noona, Han Ji-hye, for the movie The Pianist, as well as for the CF Kiss Note. But when Sulli remained unaffected by his moves in the takes, Minho began to falter and had to do fifteen takes in all - not that he was complaining, really. Minho felt it weird that while he was nervous kissing the beautiful Han Ji-hye, it was not something that he lost sleep over. But with Sulli, it felt totally different.

Minho would go all tingly thinking about how soft and warm Sulli's lips felt, even all closed lip like the scene warranted it to be. Minho actually avoided Sulli for a whole morning the next day, unsure of how to interact with her. He had always thought of her as a little sister. But that day, he felt as if he was looking at her with a new pair of contacts.

But slowly, they became comfortable with each other again. The short boyish hair helped, he supposed. Now I will treat her like one of the boys if not my little sister, he thought. And through that close proximity, they got to know each other better, and found that they actually liked what new things they learned about the other.

So after three weeks of separation, which to Minho and Sulli, was a long period of time, catching up with their respective activities was what they will normally do.

Throughout dinner, the group chatted round and while Minho and Sulli participated evenly, there were times when the two of them would be both lost in their own world.

Across the table two pairs of eyes scrutinized the couples' movement.

"Hmmm, we really should caution them, shouldn't we, Oppa," Krystal said to Jonghyun worriedly.

"Yes, I suppose. But, they are just too cute, aren't they?" Jonghyun said wistfully, suddenly thinking of his own short, sweet yet fatal relationship with another fellow artiste. Minho was laughing at something silly that Sulli did during her outing with Amber and Victoria.

"True, but the managers will join us for karaoke later. And I seriously don’t want them to be caught in a compromising situation," Krystal added.

"What compromising situation. They are pretty harmless, what?" the Shinee lead singer asked. "They are not doing anything inappropriate. Just talking and joking, that's all."

"Come on, Jonghyun," Krystal admonished. Being born and bred in the US, Krystal seemed to be more streetwise about matters of the heart than the average Koreans. "You've seen how they are with each other lately. Always touching and gigling and so on. You know as well as I do - even if those two are not aware of it themselves, being the clueless youngsters that they are, if this 'friendship' is not kept in check, it'll explode into something more! I'm telling you," she whispered excitedly

"You are being paranoid, Krys," Jonghyun tried to pacify her. He did a rethink, however, when at the end of his sentence, Minho was caught tucking Sulli's hair behind her ear, with the latter blushing sweetly at her Oppa.

"Uh, ya, ok...let's have that talk with them later," he offered Krystal, wincing at the scene in front of them.

-End of Part 1-

The Minsul Chronicles - Part 2

(later that night)

"Where's Minho?" asked Key looking around the k-room. "I want him to do this rap portion with me."

The gang, minus the EXO boys, who had to go home early, were now crowded in the Emerald Room at the Luxury Noraebang. Managers Choi Jin and So Man were there too. So Man who used manage f(x), while already managing the EXO-M group, sometimes joined the Shinee and f(x) group outings.

"Eh, he was here a while ago," said Taemin, in between singing a chorus with Victoria.

"Better yet, where's Sulli?" Krystal asked silently, quickly scanning the room.

Jonghyun, who was seated next to Key, looked across the room at Krystal, communicated silently with her.

"They're not here?" Jonghyun asked nonchalantly, directing his question at Key, who was already standing with the mike.

"Oh oh," though Krystal

"Nope, maybe he went to the gents?" Key said dismissing the issue. "Ya, Onew, you try the rap part."

"I can't rap," said Onew. "You rap, I'll do the singing part."

While the two argued on who will do which part, Jonghyun volunteered to no one in particular, "I'll look for him."

"Oppa, I need to go to the ladies too. I’ll go with you," Krystal quickly said.

Hoping that the two managers did not notice the absence of the two to-be-lovebirds, Jonghyun and Krystal quickly left the room.

They did not have to look very far the missing couple. The two of them were seated just outside the karaoke room. Comfortably crossed legged on the floor - Sulli with her head thrown back, laughing uncontrollably and Minho, looking at her grinning like a Cheshire cat, obviously happy that she found his joke extremely funny.

"Ya!" Kristal hissed. "What do you think you are doing?"

"Krys, Hyung," Minho grinned cheerily. "I was just telling Sulli about that crazy fan in Hong Kong last week, and how Taemein had a shock from the guy revealing his 'cute' little purple thing off stage."

"Why aren't the two of you inside with the rest of the gang? The guys are looking for you," Jonghyun said, ignoring Minho excited chatter. "Kaja, let's go inside."

"But Hyung... it's too loud in there," Minho pouted. "We can hardly hear ourselves speak."

Sulli nodded in agreement.

Neither Jonghyun nor Krystal missed the fact that Minho's hand was on Sulli's thigh when he said that. It was just a natural gesture, in actual fact, but it still looked pretty intimate in both Jonghyun and Krystal's eyes.

"Ya, you! Come with me. I need company to the toilet," Krystal reached down for Sulli's hand and pulled her up.

At the sudden movement, again Minho did not hesitate to reach up to steady Sulli, which prompted Krystal to quickly pull her friend to her side.

If Krystal did not find the situation grave, she might actually find it funny. It looked almost like a tug of war. But somehow, at that moment, humour was the last thing on her mind. Cautioning her friend, was.

"Yup, you too, Minho. You come accompany me to the toilet too," Jonghyun directed him.

"Neh? Are you scared of going to the toilet yourself?" he asked incredulously.

While it was normal for the girls to accompany each other to the ladies in places like these, the boys normally tend to fend for themselves.

"Aishh...just come with me," Jonghyun practically dragged the younger boy, trailing after the two girls.

As they entered the men's restroom, Jonghyun proceeded to check that all the cubicles were empty.

imageimage

Luxury Noraebang was an exclusive karaoke joint frequently visited by the rich and famous. Although security was pretty tight, there have been cases where a seasang fan will track down her favourite idol or a paparazzi trying to make quick money, will sneak into the place incognito.

"Minho-ya, what are you doing?" Jonghyun asked without a preamble.

"Eh, what do you mean, hyung?: Minho looked at the lead singer with a puzzled face.

"I mean what are you doing with Sulli?" Jonghyun repeated.

"Nothing. Wei? Does it look like we are doing anything?"

"Sigh....aniya. But it looks as if it is going to be something if you are not careful."

"Seriously, hyung," Minho started to frown. "I don’t see anything out of the ordinary between Sulli and me."

"You guys have.... how shall I put it...grown close."

"But we have always been close, Jonghyun?" Minho's frown got deeper.

"But you are ...closer now, more than before, more affectionate," Jonghyun tried to put it nicely. Minho, although the quietest amongst the five boys, can have his fair share of outbursts, especially if he felt he was wronged in any way.

"But we like being affectionate," Minho shrugged. "I'm affectionate with you and the boys too."

Which was true. Minho was never one to be stingy with his hugs and kisses. He was like a little boy most of the time.

But his hugs and kisses were always directed to his hyungs and male dongseangs while the noonas were often lucky to receive his arms around them.

But with the female dongseangs, Minho has always been careful to mind his ways, with the f(x) girls included. It was how his Omma taught him, he said. 'Hyungs were ok while noonas were often safe; but young doengseangs must be treated with respect and deserve their personal space.'

Of course, in the past where Minho was concerned, Sulli and Amber have always been his female buddies but their personal space were always something Minho respected, unless the cameras warrants otherwise.

But lately, personal space between the two buddies seemed to be non-existence. And Jonghyun tried to explain his observation to Minho as delicately as possible.

Minho laughed at the suggestion, "Really hyung, your imagination has bested you. Ya, ok, I admit, we are slightly closer now than before, but that's just it. We are close, friendly close," Minho stressed. "Nothing for you to worry about."

"Ya, well, ok, just try to be discreet about it, ok." Jonghyun tried again. "I don’t want the managers to make a fuss or something. I mean, if it were you, what would the scene outside the k-room just now tell you. I mean, what if I was a paparazzi? Wouldn’t I have a field day, taking pictures of the two of you that way?"

"Ok, ok. I see what you mean," Minho smiled. "I'll be more careful next time, ok? So, can we go now?"

"Ani, now that we've got that out of the way, I really have to go to the little boys' room." And of Jonghyun ran to the nearest stall clutching his nether region.

Next door, Krystal seemed to have an easier time with the more placable Sulli.

At first, she too laughed at the outrageous suggestion that Minho and her are looking more and more like a couple.
"But Oppa has always been good to me," said Sulli.
"Yes, I know that." Krystal lapse in English. "But don't you  think he's been extra friendly to you lately?"
"Of course, since the drama, we have been closer." Sulli admitted. "But just as friends or better, like brother and sister."
Krystal lifted her eyebrows, remembering the not-so-brotherly and sisterly skinship her two friends have been having recently, but held her tongue,
"All right, if you say so. Then, just be friendly behind closed doors and definitely not in front of the managers, ok. I don't want what happened to Junghyun Oppa happen to the two of you too," Krystal reminded her friend. 
Jonghyun's budding relationship with the beautiful actress, Shin Se-kyung, was cut short due to pressures from both their management and fans alike. Though still wanting to be together, the two decided to go separate ways succumbing to the demands of the industry.
Acknowledging her friend's noble intentions, Sulli cut the conversation short by promising to be careful.
 "Ok, ok, arasso...discreet...we'll be discreet" she said playfully, hugging her friend. 
- End of part 2 -      

The Minsul Chronicles - Part 3

"What do they talk about, anyways?" Onew asked with a puzzled frown. "They have been chatting non stop from the start of our break."

"Nothing that interesting, really," said Amber looking over Onew's shoulder. "I was sitting beside them at our dinner 2 weeks ago, and she was telling him about how her aunt's cat just died and he was showing off the shoes he just bought. Silly things like that." She shook her head.

"Ya, the thing is...Minho has never been that talkative sort, you know?" Onew said again.

"Neither is Sulli, for that, matter," said Victoria, in between sipping her mineral water. With her arms crossed and standing nonchalantly, observing the couple from the other side of the dance studio. "But look at them going." 

The two groups were together again, practising for an upcoming showcase on KBS that weekend.

It was already towards tea time, and they decided to take a short break before starting another hour perfecting their combined dance routine and then heading out to an early dinner together. 

Since their respective chat with Krystal and Jonghyun, the Minsul couple as the others like to call them now, seemed to have forgotten their promises to be discreet.

Not only are they open to display their affections in front of their peers but also to the closed public, like the other Korean artistes they meet during the many appearances that they have to make.

"But now that you guys mentioned it, I have seen some skin shipping once to many too," grinned Key.

"Oh, and don’t forget that he leaves the room whenever she calls," Taemin supplied excitedly.

"Ya, but the skin shipping is quite mild actually," Onew said, smiling. "Hair ruffles and arm tugging. More like siblings, if you were to ask me."

"Yup," said Amber, "and I don’t know about the rest of you, but I find them together pretty cute actually. I think they make a cute couple." She shrugged, huffing her long bangs out of her eyes.

"That could have been you, you know," Taemin laughed. "the online fans wanted you to play Goo Jae Hee."

"Ooohhh...imagine the skin shipping you would be doing with Minho-ya," Key wiggled his eyebrows at the pretty tomboy.

"Ewww...dont be gross, ok," sputtered Amber. Pushing the orange haired boy out of the way.

Knowing how manly Amber tries to be in front of everybody, the other f(x) girls laughed at the thought of the Amber and Minho coupling instead of the on-going budding romance between the Minsul couple.

"Well, jokes aside, we'll have to cover for them if they get out of line or the management gets a whiff of this," said the ever matured Jonghyun.

"Yes, Chief!" said Key with a grin.

"Ok, kaja," said Jonghyun again. "Let's finish up and then head for dinner."

"Ok. Ya, Minho, Sulli! Come on, let's continue," called Taemin.

- End of Part 3 - 

The Minsul Chronicles - Part 4

"This is plain ridiculous!" Minho exploded. "I hug Taemin once too many, I'm gay. Now, I'm spending time with Sulli, and we are going out together."

"Ya, get a grip rascal," said Choi Jin.

"We're not accusing you of dating her. Just to be careful when you're in public. These photos speak for themselves." He continued poking the PC monitor.

True to what Jonghyun and Krystal had warned them, the very scene outside the Luxury Noerabang were now freely circulated on the net.

Three prominent shots were taken - one showed Minho and Sulli with their head bowed towards each other, in deep conversation; another with Minho's hand on Sulli's thigh; and the last with both their heads thrown back in gleeful laughter. Even for a normal person, the pictures clearly showed a beautiful young couple in love.

"So what now? I can't talk to her in public anymore?" Minho seethed. "What if we are paired together? I can't look at her in the eye? You want me step in her toes when we dance or something?"

The young rapper actor was never one for unnecessary outburst. He was normally quite calm and collected.

Having been plucked by the company at a very young age, he was a true professional. He always knew what the public wanted and expected of him. His competitive nature also fed into that fact.

Be gay when the show called you to be. Be a winner when the competition expected you too. Be charming when the reporters warranted it to be. Be sexy when the audience demanded it from you.

But to him that was all part and parcel of the industry he was in. He was comforted by the fact that his family and close friends knew the real him. Which in reality was a normal, sweet, caring, protective and talented young man.

His sexual preference was intact and so was his loyalty.

He has always accepted gossips for what they were - over the top stories to feed the hungry fans.

But he somehow blew his top over this issue.

In truth, Minho himself did not understand why he reacted the way he did.

Could the others actually see the feelings he was strongly trying to deny? What was this feeling he was having for the girl he has always considered as his sister and friend, anyway? He did not know, and hence his anger.

"Arasso, I’ll do whatever you guys want me to do, just leave me alone for today, ok?" he said as he stormed out the room.

"Ya, you rascal...!" Choi Jin called after him. "Chincha, I'm not telling him to not befriend her totally, just to limit the interactions in public, that’s all."

He was quite worried and extremely surprised at Minho's reactions. Never the one for theatrics, Choi Jin expected Minho to just docilely concur with the management's instructions. He was really taken aback at Minho's anger and was quite concerned for the sleeper star.

At the wake of the runaway international success of To The Beautiful You, SM Entertainment was careful to guard their new prized possessions - Minho and Sulli.

Being the shrewd businessmen that the company heads were, they called Choi Jin to take care of his wards - it was ok if the company was to cash in the Minsul couple marketing, but for the real Minsul, falling in love was strictly prohibited.

But Choi Jin, being a big brother to the group did not tell Minho the real directive, only to cushion it with a 'be careful when you are in public' stance. 

"Don’t worry," said So Man, who stayed on to support Choi Jin for the talk. "That’s Minho. He's the sensible type. He'll come around."

Outside the door, as Minho rounded the corner of the management office, he bumped into Sulli.

"Oppa...?" said Sulli

"Not now, Sulli," he dismissed her. He abruptly stopped his tracks at his harsh words. It was not her fault, he thought, mentally knocking himself on the head.

He turned around to face her.

At her worried face, he knew the management had their talk with her too. And she was probably waiting to talk to him about it.

He ran a finger down her cheek.

"I'll talk to you soon, ok," he said tenderly. "I just need to think by myself for a while."

"Ok, Oppa," her heart sinking at the dejected look Minho was wearing.

With a sad wistful smile, Minho left her standing in the corridor, starring after him.

Minho has always been the cheery type. Though quieter than the other boys, Minho has always been the one to look out both the boys and the girls, protecting them when needed and cheering them on when necessary.

To Sulli, he has always been her Oppa. They practically grew up together and was familiar with each other.

You are a pretty and talented girl, Sulli, her Omma used to say. You don't have to be loud to be noticed.

Likewise, Minho, being the tallest and handsomest Shinee member, did not have to go over the top to be loved.

Despite being the quietest, he was the most popular. What more with him shining even more as an actor, Minho seemed to win the audience without much effort.

His nickname Flaming Charisma was one that should not be taken lightly, because despite the other Shinee members' over the top personalities, Minho's fanbase alone outnumbered all the other boys' put together.

Children adored him while noonas and ahjummas love him. Even confused hyungs pant after him, let alone the saesang fans.

It was even more so that sweet shy Minho has now grown up to be smooth and sexy Minho - with a 6-pack you just want to run your fingers over and a smile you would want to bring into your dreams.

Of course, those were thoughts Sulli could only keep to herself. Not trusting even her shadow to share it with.

If one were to know exactly the extent of her growing attraction to Choi Minho, she would be transferred to Taiwan to head f(x)-m, if there ever was one, she thought with changrin.

Obviously, people around them did notice her growing fondness for her Oppa, though - in a not so innocent way.

And she could have beaten herself on the head for being so obvious.

But truly, she could not help herself.

What was there not to like about Choi Minho.

His looks and body was just bonus to the real person that he was.

In the past, though Minho has always been close to her and Amber, he was more like a big bully Oppa when he wanted to be; yet will turn protective when others bullied her.

Their relationship was something they never question. Borrowing each other things, being each other's dance partner or acting lovey dovey for the cameras were all too natural for them.

But with the drama, To The Beautiful You, a stronger bond was forged. Sulli got to know the side of Minho he seldom reveal. His inner thoughts, his aspirations and dreams, as well as his pet peeves and favourite food were just some things they talked about as they whiled their hours away on the set.

Sulli attributed their current closeness to the close proximity they enjoyed on the set. But she did not expect the emptiness she felt at the end of the drama filming.

However, the feeling fast disappeared with the fact that Minho kept in touch with her after the drama. In fact, with the frequency that he called her or dropped by at the girls apartment in the weeks and months after, probably equalled the hours they spent on the set together before.

But the bomb has been dropped; and it was only a matter of time it would explode.

And being the normally demure Korean girl, Sulli could only wait until Minho came back to her for their much needed discussion. 

sulli 3

-End of Part 4- 

The Minsul Chronicles - Part 5
Minho stood in the shadows outside SM Entertainment building's smallest music room.

From where he stood he could see Sulli, through the slim glass window by the door, tinkering alone on the keyboards.

Onew texted him that the others were all leaving for a quick dinner and knowing that he was somewhere in the building, brooding, they would pack something back for him. Onew also texted that Sulli was also left in the premises too, and was not joining them.

And so, Minho hunted and high and low for his tall pretty friend, not wanting to call or text her - until he found her in the music room.

So, hence he stood, just contend to look at her from afar.

When did she become to be so beautiful? he thought to himself.

He smiled, she has always been beautiful. Only now, you are looking at her with a new pair contacts, he thought.

Her beauty now, was just not skin deep. It was also shining from within.

When the management announced that he would be leading the HanaKimi remake and that Sulli will be taking on the role of Goo Jae Hee, Minho was both excited and relieved.

Excited because it would be his first drama as a lead actor, and relieved that he would be working with someone he was comfortable and familiar with.

Sulli was a professional and has never failed to give her very best in all the things she did. And so, Minho was sure that the three months that followed will be a smooth one.

The three months they were together was a complete breeze. They did feel a little awkward at the earlier stage especially during the first kissing scene, but after they got past the rough edges, they got on like a house on fire.

They were inseparable. Even in the scenes they had without the other, each of them would still be on the same set to just stand by and watch the filming.

Every chance they got, they would rehearse or just be together. So much so, that the other casts and crew called them the Choi Twins.

Numerous times, the production crew praised them for their professionalism and natural instincts towards each other.

Every emotions were conveyed perfectly, and every tear and smile came on as natural as they could be.

Minimal NGs were needed when they filmed their parts together.

Accept for the subsequent kissing scenes.

Minho was once caught at faking an NG of the bicycle kissing scene that, after 10 takes, the PD shouted, "Ya, Choi Minho, are you purposely doing an NG. You like kissing her that much, do you?"

The whole crew there laughed uncontrollably while the object of his affections blushed, rivaling the colour of the red chrysanthemum flowers on Kang Tae Joon's study table.

He was caught and remembered smiling sheepishly at all others.

He did manage to glance down at the blushing Sulli and mouthed a mischievous 'mianhe' to her. He did not mean it, though, the apology.

Even if he will not reveal it to anyone, he has come to admit that he has fallen for her. Hard.

If he were to choose the exact time when it was, he knew exactly when.

It was the time after they finished shooting the after party scene - the one where Soel Ha Na and the boys sang to the karaoke machine.

The cast and crew decided to take their turn at the machine after they wrapped up the shoot. And when a Shinee song came on, a ballad that Onew always lead, one of the camera crew passed the mike to him and said, 'Come one idol, show us what you got.'

Before he could accept the mike, Sulli went to machine and changed the song to James Ingram's Just Once.

"Oppa doesn’t sing Shinee's song, he raps them. Shinee's songs are made for boys. This one suits him better."

At the time, Minho could only stare at her. Although it was known throughout the Korean entertainment kingdom that he does not sing as good as the other Shinee boys, it was not true that he could not sing at all. Only that the higher octave Shinee songs were not meant for his baritone.

Minho was actually quite self conscious about it, but it did not cross his mind that Sulli would know too. And which song really suited his voice.

His heart actually skipped a beat at the fact that she knew him so well.

He sighed at the memory and proceeded to knock and open the music room door.

"Oopa?" Sulli looked up in surprise when he walked in.

"Hey," Minho smiled and walked straight to where Sulli was and extended his hand.

Trustingly, Sulli laid her fair hand on his.

He pulled her up from where she was sitting and walked towards the sofa at  one corner of the room.

"Kwenchana?" he asked as they sat down. While Minho leaned back on the sofa, Sulli could only sit at its edge stiffly.

"Umm," was her only answer.

"They talked to you too?" he asked her.

She nodded again.

"What do you think?"

"I don't see what we are doing wrong," she shrugged. "We haven't crossed any line. I don't know why they are making so much fuss," she frowned.

He rubbed he back reassuringly.

"They told me to keep my feelings in check. What does that even mean?" Sulli asked.

Minho just smiled at the rhetorical question.

"Did they tell you the same thing?" Sulli turned to look at Minho.

"U-uhuh."

"So, what do you think?"

"I don’t know," and it Minho's turn to give a shrug on the shoulders.

"How do you feel for me, Oppa?" Sulli asked, cocking her head to one side.

At her hesitant question, Minho had no heart but to tell her the truth.

"I don't know really, Grungy," he said, and almost laughed at her crestfallen face.

Sulli can be so transparent at times. Which is one of the traits he so loved about her.

Grungy has been added to his other nick names for her. Giraffe was another of his favourite ones.

"What I do know is .... that lately, when you are not around, I feel lonely; that currently, even if I'm supposed to be worried, I am happy that you are in front of me...." he smiled and continue. "What I do know is....that nowadays, I can't sleep when you don't call to say goodnight; that you make me laugh with your silly jokes; and that I'm glad that you laugh at my silly jokes too. I also feel bad if I make you angry and I feel sad when I know that you are sad."

Minho looked up at Sulli's face and asked, "So, what does that mean?"

At Sulli's silence, Minho continued. That was how it was with him and Sulli. When they would generally be quiet with their other friends controlling most the conversations, Sulli and him seemed to find the right balance of talking and listening to each other.

When Sulli sometimes display a floozy playful side of her personality to the outside world, she mostly revealed her softer and insightful side to Minho.

"Does that mean I love you? Or that I am in love with you? I don't know," Minho smiled sadly, taking her hand. "And they are not allowing me to find out. And I am not even sure if it wise for us to find out."

Sulli looked with worried eyes at all his words, unable to say anything and bracing herself with the blow that she knew would be coming.

"How about you, how do you feel about me?" he smiled at her.

Sulli just bowed her head down and slowly shaking it.

Minho was not really expecting an answer from her. Sulli was never the expressive type, especially when the topic made her feel shy.

But Minho knew the answer and he just smiled and rubbed her hand reassuringly.

"We'll be leaving for Europe in 5 days time. And then to South America," he announced. "Choi Jin Hyung told me just now. Apparently they found that the Italians and Chileans love us there. Through Full Blossoms, they wanted more of Shinee and f(x). But this time, the management is only sending Shinee, since you girls have got your prior engagements already. Hyun Woo will be coming with us too, to help promote Full Blossoms. I seriously don’t know what they are thinking of? It'll be like an all male orgy or something," Minho shook his head dejectedly.

"How long will you be gone?"

"1 and half months or so."

"That long...?" Sulli stared into space.

So that was the bomb.

They were separating us, she thought.

"They are separating us," Minho echoed her thoughts.

"Neh," Sulli breathed in agreement.

"And...perhaps, I think we should treat it as such."

"Mwo?" Sulli looked up in shock. "What are you saying, Oppa."

"I think we should try this as a real separation."

"A break up? We are not even a couple for them to separate?" She asked incredulously, uncharacteristically raising her voice.

Minho just raise his eye brows at her outburst. Obviously someone saw themselves as a couple, judging from the indignant response.

"You know, if it is just us, I would say, 'fie on them!'" Minho explained. "But they played dirty and threw Shinee and f(X) into the equation...and how th antifans would react. Sigh...I don’t know Sulli. My mind is so messed up at the moment."

"So, you are taking the easy way out?" Sulli shook her head.

"That's not how it is, and you know it," Minho defended himself. "I have come to value our friendship so much these past months. I have never been happier. You have helped me so much and have tolerated all my idiosyncrasies."

But he continued, "but I don’t want to cause havoc to the others, for feelings that I, myself, am not sure of. So, maybe, us not being so near each other, can help us, or me maybe, get in terms with what we have here. I want it to be real. And not just because the drama brought us together," his eyes beseeching for her to understand where he was coming from.

And in a sad way, Sulli did understand. He wanted the separation as a test of the true nature of their feeling for each other.

One part of her was miffed at the fact that he was still not sure of what he was feeling for her - because, although the feelings were new to her too, being a girl, she was somehow 'surer' of what it was.

At the same time, the other part of her clearly understood the mixed and perhaps the petrifying feelings Minho was having about falling in love for the first time.

And she was not going to rush him and certainly, she was not going to beg.

If it was in the ordinary real world that they live in, they would have both jumped at the very opportunity of chanced love.

But they were not. They were in a competitive and brutal world of the Korean entertainment industry - one that has strict invisible rules and regulations to follow.

"All right, Oppa," she concurred dejectedly. "Let's give this a try. If we manage to survive this unscathed, then it really was not meant to be," she smiled bravely.

Minho was suddenly sad and hurt at her words. But then again, it was him who set the stage, so he just had to take consequences for his actions.

"Mianhe, Sulli. Mianhe..." was the words that he could say.

And so, they both cried, unable to predict what their future held.

tumblr_m9x7khW7GL1r0uv12o2_500.gif

- End of Part 5 -

The Minsul Chronicles - Finale

Never has Choi Minho felt so nervous and excited at the same time.

Choi Minho 5

When Shinee debuted, he was comforted by the knowledge that the feelings were shared with four other guys.

But today, the feelings were all his alone.

It was exactly one week since the Shinee boys got back from their European and South American tour.

Minho has been laying low since then.

He did try to call Sulli twice but for some reason or another, she did not accept his calls. Once it was ringing till the call got cut. Another time, it was Luna who answered, telling him that Sulli was taking a shower.

She was avoiding me, he thought.

Minho could not really fault her, though. He started the game, after all.

After their talk of taking a break from each other some two months ago, Sulli did call him a few times - just to say hello and wish him safe journey. And a few long distance ones to check whether the boys, Hyun Woo and him made it safely to their destination.

Although Minho did accept the calls, all of them were kept to a bare 2 or 3 minutes worth. Which was a far cry from the hours that they could spend on the phone together.

He looked around the dance floor for her once he got to the studio.

"She's not here. She stepped out for a while," said the ever observant Amber. The f(x) girls arrived two hours earlier having had to attend their vocal classes.

"Chincha? Where to?"

"The kitchenette, I think," Amber shrugged. "Said something about washing her bottle and refilling it."

"Arasso. Thanks," Minho said and hurriedly headed towards the kitchenette down the hall.

Minho was never one to procrastinate.

Once he has made up his mind, he would normally be steadfast to it, or die trying.  And reconciling with Sulli after two months of separation was something that he has made his mind up for; and no man, management or monster can stand in his way.

In truth, Sulli was hiding. She made her exit as soon as she heard the boys came in.

They were all gathering at the second floor dance studio to practice for an upcoming show. Upon hearing the robust group walking up the stairs, Sulli quickly made an exit by the side door and scurried towards the kitchenette.

She could not bring herself to be in the same room with Minho, and being uncomfortable about it. The thought alone was alien to her. Never in her life was she ever uncomfortable in the presence of her Oppa.

But today, she just wanted to avoid him like the plague.

Minho found her acting busy by the sink. The kitchenette was small by standard. Barely enough to house a counter with the sink, coffee machine and microwave oven. There was also a small fridge and a round table with four stools. Snacks, buns and beverage of all types filled the drawers and counter top.

"Anyeong," he announced his presence.

Like in a typical Korean drama, Sulli dropped the water bottle she was rinsing in the kitchen.

She looked around and faced Minho like a trapped kitten.

Shoot, she thought.

"Whatcha doing?" he asked, as if it was the most natural thing to do.

"Washing," she answered stating the obvious.

Although, unsure of what to do, Sulli could not bring herself to tear her eyes from Minho's face.

Bogoshipunde, she said silently.

"You are sad," Minho's smile disappeared at Sulli's haggard face. He rushed forward towards her in concern.

"And you haven't been sleeping again," accused Sulli, peering up to his face.

It was then as if the months of separation and not talking to each other did not take place.

Both Minho and Sulli gravitated towards each other, with arms outstretched towards the other.

Minho cupped both her cheeks while Sulli traced his eye bags.  

"I couldn't sleep at night," he pouted cutely. "My sleeping pill hasn't been calling me lately."

"Tsk...Your sleeping pill stopped calling because you kept making excuses for not talking to her," she snapped.

"Mianhe," Minho smiled. He just could not stopped smiling at the sight of her. She was beautiful. Haggard or not.

"How have you been?" his hands absently caressing her cheeks.

"Ok, I guess," she shrugged, her movements purposely brushing his hands away.

Minho hands dropped onto her shoulder while she defensively clasp hers behind her back.

She suddenly remembered that she was supposed to be angry and upset with him. He knew she was angry with him, and he wanted to change that.

"But you have been sad, are you sad because of me?" Though presumptuous, Minho was hopeful.

She did not answer him, and started to go back to her rinsing.

"Why are you here, Oppa?" she asked but not looking at him. "Shouldn't you be with the others, getting ready for practice?"

Sulli was never one to play with emotions. What she feels would always be on her face. Never coy nor ever trying to be cute. And now her face showed her bristling anger and her disappointment.

"I just wanted to see you. And to report that this Oppa is badly bruised and injured," Minho said quietly. "Definitely scathed in every possible way."

He was leaning towards her on the counter beside the sink.

"Your Oppa is also here to apologise and to beg for you to take him back - and be his friend, his BFF or whatever form of function you want him to be."

Minho could not look at her. He was red in the face, trying to contain his emotions. The sadness, anger, lonesomeness and agitation that he had been feeling the past two months, that disappeared as soon as he entered that little room with the sink and fridge, came flooding back.

Words could not describe how much he had been missing her. That there never was a day when his hands did not itch to pick his phone and call her. That he kept playing with the online booking application for a flight ticket back for every long weekend break that they had. That he took out his frustrations on the people around him for problems he had put upon himself.

He could not tell her all that. He was not confident enough of how she will react. All he knew was that he wanted things to go back to how it was before.

Sulli looked down at Minho's bent head.

His words touched her. If it was any other boy, she would have thought it corny or rehearsed. But this was the no-need-for-words Minho, and she knew it must be killing him to say all that to her.

"Have you been watching too many Mexican dramas, Oppa?"

Minho's head snapped up, thinking she was being sarcastic.

But she was not. She was mainly teasing.

And so he smiled.

"Well, the actresses were pretty good to look at," he offered, earning a slap on the arms from Sulli.    

"Take me back, Sulli," he asked again, now standing straight and looking down into her eyes. "I didn't make it unscathed, these past months. So, it must mean to be," he reminded  her of her words in the music room.

Sulli looked up at him, her eyes letting him know her hidden feelings and smiled softly at her Oppa.

"If I do, how will it be between us then? The management will still make a fuss about it," she asked.

"We do what they want us to do. What choice do we have? In public, we will keep our distance. Make sure that we are never caught with any compromising situation," Minho said.

"But... within the confines of our group, I am going to continue to pat your head whenever you'll let me; I'm still going to call you at any time of the day, if you'll answer them; I'm still going to tickle you silly whenever you need to be taken down a peg or two; I'm still going to provide you with my shoulders to cry on, whenever things get rough; and I'm still going to be your Oppa, if you still want me to be."

A tear slid down sulli's left cheek at Minho's declaration, again not able to express anything. She felt that her heart was going to explode with the amount of feeling that was bubbling inside. Bittersweet happiness just burst out, thinking of their situation. This is just another price they have to pay for fame and fortune.

Minho has always been someone dear to her but now he seemed to be irreplaceable in her heart. All thanks to the drama that brought them together.

"Ok," was her simple answer.

"Ok?" he asked in surprise, never thinking she would forgive him this easily. But that was Sulli, always the trusting, always the kind hearted - qualities that Minho promised never to take advantage of.

"Yup, ok," she nodded with a smile. "We'll start over again, although with more discretion."

To the outsiders, Sulli may seem to quick to forgive Minho, almost passive and submissive to the likes of men.

She may not have reacted the same if it were some other men, though. Only for Minho.

The reasons behind Minho's actions the past month were very clear to Sulli.

Minho did not ask for the separation because he was holding out for something better. Nor did he askfor the break up to feed his own ego or to safeguard his popularity.

No, Minho asked for the separation truly in order to examine his own feelings and come to terms with it.

And to ensure that his actions will not harm others.

And from the fact that Minho asked for her to accept again and how they should deal with the relationship with regards to others, clearly showed that he has come to terms with both his earlier predicaments.

He has made his mind that he could not be without his doengseng and that they should be careful not to be an inconvenience to others in order to enjoy each other's company.

And Sulli understood, accepted and was generally happy with that decisions. Siblings, friends, friends with benfits, lovers - they will decide on the actual terminology of their relationship in due course.   

"Komawo, komawo," he laughed in relief, hugging and lifting her in happiness.

"Oppa, put me down," Sulli scolded laughingly.

"Mianhe," Minho looked down sheepishly. Now a little unsure of what to do next.

When he looked up again, Sulli was smiling softly to herself.

"Wei? Why the smile?"

"I don’t know," she smiled prettily. "I always thought that if we made up, it'll be somewhere private and romantic."

"Made up?" Minho teasingly raised his eyebrows. "Weren’t you the one who said that we were not even a couple to break up for? And now we are making up?"

"Aishh, you know what I mean. Not only romantic couples make up, you know? Good friends too."

She moved slightly away, suddenly claustrophobic being too near to Minho.

"But you mentioned private and romantic," Minho advanced towards her.

"Aish, stop it."

"Well, this is private," Minho smiled devilishly. "And what could be more romantic than the smell of good coffee and warm bread," he edged closer, with his voice lowered, invading her personal space.

"Oppa....," warned Sulli, backing up as far back as she could, the round table hitting her just below her buttocks.

tumblr_m3gqm1Jy631qf6woqo2_250.jpg

Feeling euphoric, Minho placed both his palms on the table, trapping Sulli to it.

Sulli thought the whole of Gangnam could hear her thumping heartbeat at that moment.

"Mwo? Aren’t we making up at the moment? Isn't this what normal couples do, friends or otherwise...?" Minho leaned forward towards her.

"Minho, Sulli, there you are. Palli, we are about to start," Taemin peered from the crack of the kitchen door.

"Sulli, what's wrong? Why the flushed face?" he asked innocently.

Minho had already backed away from his predator stance at the sound of the door opening.

"Ani. Nothing," Sulli's face mirrored Goo Jae Hee's trapped deer's look, almost made Minho laugh again.

I'm going to have much fun teasing her all over again, he thought. How he thought he could let her go was now beyond him. She will always be a part of me, this doengseng of mine. In what category, we will both find out together, he smiled. At least time was on our side.

He shook his head of the thought of what might have happened if his friend had not barge in on them.

Discreetly Minho had to readjust his tight jeans. An action that did not escape Taemin.

"Aaahhh, have you been missing your Oppa?" He asked Sulli, standing in front of her directly, trying to block her view from Minho's actions. "Don't worry we've been monitoring him. He just worked and nothing else. No matter how those overseas noonas tried their ways with him."

"In fact, he has been a pain actually. Snarling at everyone wherever he goes," Taemin recalled the last couple of months.

"Aah," was only what Sulli could say, trying to calm her raging hormones. What noona, this doengseang had no chance either, she thought.

Sulli's face was still flushed, inciting a silly satisfied smile on Minho's face.

"Don’t do that to him anymore, ok?" Taemin beseeched, with Minho looking at his friend with a puzzled look.

"Next time he asked you to break up with him, just sock it up his chin and tell him you promised your Taemin Oppa not inflict such pain anymore,"

"Ya, what are you babbling about?" asked Minho.

"I mean, we were in such beautiful countries," Taemin continued, now comfortably leaning beside the counter top next to Minho. "and all he could do was mope around and look at your pictures on his phone all day. Go check it out, there's a folder just for you."

"Ya! That's the Full Blossom folder, you idiot," Minho shouted, upset that his secret past time has now been leaked.

"Chincha? Then why do all the pictures of Kwang Hee, Hyun Woo, Ji Won and the others kept in Full Blossom 2?"

"Ya, have you been going through my phone again. Chincha. You are going to get it from me this time..." Minho got up from his leaning position to grab his friend.

Temin stuck his tongue at him and scoot out of the kitchen with a 'Palli palli, the others are waiting.'

Minho chased after his friend, leaving Sulli all alone again. "Come back here, you...!"

Sulli suppressed her laugh at the sight of the two boys.

At any rate, she herself felt like a whole gunny rice sack on her shoulders earlier has been lifted off.

In another world, the girl Choi Jinri would really have liked it for her boy, Choi Minho to take her in his arms and kiss her silly. In the other world, he would have hugged her until she was breathless. In the other world, they would probably go out hand in hand to celebrate with a dinner and movie date.

But again, this was not another world. This was their world.

And funnily enough, she was happy and this world was just as real to her as any others.

"Ya, teddy bear panties, what are you waiting for?" Minho poked his head around the door.

He held his hand to her and said, "Come on, time to dance!"

And with her hand in his, they both ran happily to join their other family members in a world that was totally their own.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Epilogue

(A week later)

Ladies and gentlemen ....TVXQ (roar of applause), Girls' Generation (roar of applause), R.DA (roar of applause), Shinee (roar of applause), aaaannndd....f(x) (roar of applause).

All the K-pop stars were standing in one long line. Both Minho and Sulli were standing on the opposite ends of their respective groups - smiling and waving their good byes to the crowd.

+++

On the sideline, Choi Jin and So Man stood together.

"Are they back together?" So Man asked.

"Neh," Choi Jin smiled. "Thank god! He was such a pain to work with the last couple of months."

"Chincha?" So Man asked in disbelief, knowing the perfectionist professional that Minho was.

"U-huh, sang off key most of the time and even refused to take his shirt off..." Choi Jin shook his head.

"How do you know? That they are back together. They seem pretty distant."

"I pay his phone bills for him. My take is, I'd probably register both their numbers as a family package or something - and get them the first 100 calls free each month. You can at least save the company money that way."

"Ha ha ha...that's cute. We really should cut them some slack, you know, as long as they know how to behave in front of the public." So Man smiled.

"Neh, they are both good kids. I really hope they'll end up together for real one day," Choi Jin nodded. "For now, they have learnt their lesson and are keeping within the rules, even though it's probably killing Minho from keeping his hands off her most of the time."

Both Choi Jin and So Man laughed, because they have seen the smouldering way Minho looked at Sulli in the past.

"Well, we just have to keep doing what we have to do, then. Be their hyungs and protect them any way we can," said So Man.

"Neh, it’s the least we can do..."

+++

And as the groups zig zagged across the stage to give their fans equal chance of seeing all of them, Minho and Sulli too followed their respective team members, crossing each other.

Both pair of eyes were directed on the opposite sides of the audience as they smiled and waved out to their fans, as if ignoring each other. But as they passed one another, both Minho and Sulli's hands discreetly yet surely reached out to caress each other - a touch so subtle that you would miss it with a blink of an eye.....

- The End - 

Archived