Do You Need Korean Help?

Jaeho

Guest *~Winter.Melody~*

Wow thanks :D

감사밥니다

*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・'(*゚▽゚*)'・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*

Guest shizus

Copy the translations and paste under the questions and then, make sure there's no empty spaces between the full stop and the next sentence in both translations.

For example,

[...되었고요. 원래는 인피니트....](there's a space here between the full stop and 원래, right?)

change this to>>[...되었고요.원래는 인피니트...] (no more space)

Do you understand this?

Also, other than that, don't change anything else, just copy paste as it is.

Ah I see, you're older. I thought you're younger than them...ㅋㅋㅋ

Just change 오빠 to 인피니트 then if you feel uncomfortable calling them 오빠.

No need to use 동생.

Thank you very very much! ^____^~♥

Guest shufflepuck

I hope I can ask this here >_>

I don't want to start a new thread...

Does anyone know where to buy korean books other than "hanbooks.com"?

Their shipping costs are a bit ridiculous (shipping costs more than the book itself!) and the book I want (Coffee Prince :3 ) is out of stock at the moment anyway :(

I'm still new at learning Korean, so ordering directly from a Korean site would be a bit of a challenge...

Guest sudu1won

@shufflepuck

I suppose the shipping is almost always cost more than the item?

I think you should give Korean sites a try if you already looked into all the other famous book websites in English. It's not as challenging as you think it is to use a Korean site if you learned some Korean before.

kyobobook.co.kr and yes24.com have good shipping service. But Kyobobook uses Fedex, so yes, it's expensive. Yes24 has several options if I'm not mistaken and one of them is registered mail through Korea Post, less expensive than Fedex of course.

I have to say that both sites have really excellent service so the money spent is really worth it.

Guest shufflepuck

Whenever I order Japanese books from sites like cdjapan, the shipping is hardly ever more than the books themselves, same goes for Yesasia (keeping in mind that the shipping costs are already included in the price).

But thanks! I was thinking about yes24 as well, but someone mentioned that you need some alien registration code...

But I might have found another OK site too... bookinbooks. I just sent them an e-mail to inform about the shipping fees.

---------

Does anyone know what the following says?

본인 손글씨인가요? 귀엽네용

I just posted my first Korean entry on lang-8 and got this as a comment but.. well, my Korean isn't good enough to decipher this yet *blush*

I think it says:

"Is this your handwriting? It's cute." Is that correct?

I guess I'll study extra hard today so I can answer this person and order books ^_-

Guest heartkiller

ok i a will be taking a beginners class for korean next week. its an online class and im wondering what are some useful websites for beginners that can help me out/ i know i wont gets as much help since its not in person and i dont want to fail. if it helps any i did have to purchase a korean-english dictionary

Guest shufflepuck

Thanks sudu.won!

heart[killer], you could check out the "talk to me in korean" website...

they also have a useful wiki page.

This thread also has a lot of useful resources:

http://forum.koohii.com/viewtopic.php?id=7211

To practice/retain vocabulary, you can use Anki, a flashcard program. It only takes a couple of minutes a day but is very effective.

And lang-8 is good to practice what you learn:)

Guest heartkiller

whats your guys advice for writing korean? like working on actual handwriting? we have these worksheets where the vowels likeㅣㅔ ㅐwritten out and consonants and boxes to practice writing them in. what else could i use though to get my writing better?

Guest piggles

i have a super request. is there anyone here who can translate a letter for me? summer semester is almost over at my college and a korean student is leaving for good. they've taught me a little korean but nothing that could assist me in writing a real letter. i won't give it TO them, i'll post it after they leave, it'll be an arrival surprise. it's a move made out of complete cowardice haha :)
it's really personal so i feel kinda loserish posting it here for everyone to read lololol. if anyone is willing, please message me :)

Guest sudu1won

@heart[killer]
Worksheets with the vowels and consonants written out individually in one box are for total beginners.
So, if you want to step up further with your writing skills, you need to practice writing the consonants and vowels together like 가, 각, 간, 갈, 감 and so on, because to really write neatly, the way you write the consonants change a bit when coupled with different vowels etc.
Oh, and if you have time, it's good to learn both the Hangul block script and the cursive script as well.
There are free worksheets out there but the format is all in .hwp and there are videos too that teaches you how to write step by step but I can't seem to find them posted on a free site.

Guest springrolled

Hmm.. I need korean help >< Soo there's this guy at my school and hes (I think!!! I really don't know) 17, or 18. But I think he's 17. Anyways, I'm turning 16 this year >< so we have a 1 year age gap. You can see I obviously don't know this guy well XD but I want to talk to him more, so, do I use formalities or informal korean? And am I supposed to bow? I'm so confused when it comes to these things. I have a friend and I THOUGHT he was my age so I used informal but last week I found out he was actually a year older than me so I was quite puzzled on whether I should switch to formalities or not.. And I don't talk to him much anymore because I'm confused. Back to the other guy, today he gave me an encouragement while I was running and I didn't know whether to say 고맙습니다 -bow- or 고마워요 -no bow-. ARGH! I don't know what to do, honestly :/ I'm not sure how to speak in between formal and informal like other koreans do ._.

Guest serenamongiardini

Hi! I need a help! A couple of days ago I tried to level up on a B1A4 fan of cafe.
Today I had this as a link [b1A4 등업신청합니다]에 대글(1)이 달렸습니다.
What does it mean? If I click it's a page not found
Thank you!!!

Guest sudu1won

@springrolled

When you first meet anyone you're not sure of his/her age, you don't guess, just ask his/her age straightaway, it's perfectly fine to do so,

나이가 몇 살이에요?

This will save you from a lot of problems later on etc.

고마워요 is just fine.

Don't worry, they know you're not really good in Korean yet so they won't judge you at that so just be yourself. ^^

Guest sudu1won

@serenamongiardini

"There is a reply to your B1A4 Level up Application."
Did you log in after you clicked the link?

Guest serenamongiardini

@sudu1won

Thank you!

I login in daum home page and when i'm going to the cafe i click in the link and there is this phrase 존재하지 않는 게시물입니다. 다시 한번 확인 해주시기 바랍니다 with 2 link, the first i return in the precedent page and with the second in the daum cafe homepage.. I can't login after click on the link..

Guest sudu1won

@serenamongiardini

Well, it seems that they've deleted the post already.
Are you accepted as a member of B1A4 Daum Cafe already?
If they've accepted your application already then there's nothing to worry about the link.