Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Soompi Ulzzang Contest Round 2 results are out! See who made it to the final round!

Hairstyle Thread

Replies

• EXQU1S1TEEXQU1S1TE igaragarago! FloridaaaaPosts: 2,737Member
    staticlullaby wrote on 19 May 2012 - 08:39 AM:

I was planning to re-dye my hair pretty soon. Maybe in the next two months, any suggestions on what hair colour/tone I should go? Use my pictures on Soompi photo album as a reference to whether the colour/tone will suit me or not. Thanks.

Since you're fair skinned, I think an ash blonde would look good on you if you're up for change. Something like Luna's hair color here:

181677_156438661077296_136288606425635_288863_5154118_n.jpg

iyagi wrote on 19 May 2012 - 09:45 PM:

I decided it was time for a change in my hair. I was tired of having the same boring style (long, straight hair with a fringe) so I took a leap and got an undercut while keeping my long hair. I absolutely love it! I've always wanted an edgy hairstyle but was afraid I wouldn't be able to pull it off. Some photos of before and after. Sorry they're just instagram photos because I don't have many recent pictures of me with a regular camera.

BEFORE:
    *quoted image*

AFTER:
    *quoted image*

*quoted image*

If you want to go for an edgier cut and aren't afraid of committing to a section of really short hair, I highly suggest an undercut. Some people don't get it so short but I wanted it to look almost like someone took a razor to my hair (and at one point there was a razor lol). I've had both really long and really short hair so I didn't even think twice about it.

Looks great on you! I've always wanted my hair like that but I'm way too chicken :X
  • the_wronged&lt;/3the_wronged</3 Posts: 702Member
    What looks best? My hair will basically be a light brown color with blonde highlights but I can't decide if I want regular highlights or highlights+lowights or peek a boos.
    Peek-a-boo
    17th+Annual+Screen+Actors+Guild+Awards+Arrivals+DL9JSPuKO6ql.jpg
    highlights+lowlights
    55550.jpg
    highlights
    brown.jpg
  • apricotsapricots Posts: 66Member
    @the wronged: Are peek-a-boos like ombre? http://2.bp.blogspot.com/__zRKw21VULA/TRj9hVZOOXI/AAAAAAAAAaU/lpy5tXldQzM/s1600/leighton-meester-marie-claire-06.jpg If so, I like those the most.

How can I make my hair just little bit wavy without heat, like this model's hair? 
    [img]http://i46.Richard Simmons/mbigxt.jpg[/img]
  • RainaRawrRainaRawr Posts: 7Member, New Member
    So, I found this image on another thread and I was wondering if anyone knew who the girl is, or the name of the hairstyle, but if possible maybe some reference pictures? Because I'd really like to get this hairstyle for summer, especially since I need a change and I'm getting a job. ><
    [IMG]http://i46.Richard Simmons/21dn3sy.jpg[/IMG]
  • unknowntohimunknowntohim chicagoPosts: 174Member
    edited May 2012
    hi, i am planning to have a new haircut for this summer.
    i am looking for a korean hair style, but i have a chubby face, and
    brcause my hair is too thin so i can't have bangs, so what are
    some options!! i know it's difficult but please help!

Thank You In Advance

---pic at my profile is the most recent---
  • HeIsTheOneHeIsTheOne Posts: 6Member
    hi, i would like to have a new haircut for this summer
    but i don't have any idea's of what i could do with my hair
    so if you have any suggestions i would love to hear it
    and i don't mind coloring it
    thanks
  • HeIsTheOneHeIsTheOne Posts: 6Member
    HeIsTheOne wrote: »
    hi, i would like to have a new haircut for this summer
    but i don't have any idea's of what i could do with my hair
    so if you have any suggestions i would love to hear it
    and i don't mind coloring it
    thanks

my profile pic is how my hair is right now
  • wakiiwakii Posts: 494Member

IDOL

edited June 2012
    Hi guys!...

GET IT STRAIGHTENED. I like it a lot haha :D Maybe you could try dying it a darker color like brown or a dark red? Something natural-looking.

iyagi wrote: »
    I decided it was time for a change in my hair...

I like it. I don't think I'd ever do that though. But kudos to you for working it :o.

What looks best?...

i like peek-a-boos.

apricots wrote: »
    How can I make my hair just little bit wavy without heat...

What I do is after showering and towel-drying my hair so it's not soaking wet, I spin it up into a bun and let it dry like that. The longer I leave it, the more wavy it is. It looks quite natural too (: Been doing it a lot lately haha.

Okay I've been wanting to dye my hair red forever. Just don't know if it'd suit me. I want to do something shocking like a brighter red but a darker red is fine too if that looks better. My biggest concern is my hair's health...Last time I got highlights (a long time ago), I started shedding like crazy and my hair basically died. ): Stupid bleach. People with dark hair problems.

Should I go for red hair? Right now, It's virgin black.
    deleted photo :D

I was thinking of this color :x
    tumblr_leqqdrrTex1qbkef5o1_500.png

TL;DR. Should I go red or stay black?

IDOL

wakii wrote: »

HOLY CRAP GUYS. Why the heck is my photo so big D: I apologize. Can't figure out how to edit my post in this new layout...
  • amandababyamandababy Posts: 103Member
    wakii wrote: »
    Should I go red or stay black?

I think you should go red!! My friend who has a similar face to you has vibrant red hair and she looks great in it.

here's my current hair.
    tumblr_m44xq3ZJ2q1qzh55so1_1280.jpg

i'm going to try and dye it back to either this:
    Spoiler:

or this:
    Spoiler:

any preference? or advice on what dye to use. i've used so many prettia/palty dyes i can't remember what to use anymore lol
    image image image image

IDOL

^ I prefer the second color! It looks a bit more faded/dreamy imo haha (: And thanks for the suggestion! Once I have enough money saved up I'll most likely go red.
  • celerycelery Posts: 466Member
    edited June 2012
    What's a good Palty dye in a dark auburn colour (rich brown w/ burgundy undertones?) that'll look nice with the ombre/peek-a-booish highlights on virgin black hair?

I'm currently considering: Beauty Mauve, Caramel Brown, and Ganache Tart. Suggestions please! :)
     "I do my thing and you do your thing. I am not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you are not in this world to live up to mine. You are you and I am I and if by chance we find each other, it�s beautiful."
                  Frederick Peris

• KaiVICIKaiVICI Posts: 3New Member
    so my hair is now over 3 inches.. or longer ... it's basically shave on both side! should I get a perm? :P
    Facebook.com/VICIconquer
    Check out my clothing brand @ViciConquer @KaiVICI
  • snapbackchamp100snapbackchamp100 Posts: 5Member
    Hi guys!...

GET IT STRAIGHTENED. I like it a lot haha :D Maybe you could try dying it a darker color like brown or a dark red? Something natural-looking.

iyagi wrote: »
    I decided it was time for a change in my hair...

I like it. I don't think I'd ever do that though. But kudos to you for working it :o.

What looks best?...

i like peek-a-boos.

apricots wrote: »
    How can I make my hair just little bit wavy without heat...

What I do is after showering and towel-drying my hair so it's not soaking wet, I spin it up into a bun and let it dry like that. The longer I leave it, the more wavy it is. It looks quite natural too (: Been doing it a lot lately haha.

Okay I've been wanting to dye my hair red forever. Just don't know if it'd suit me. I want to do something shocking like a brighter red but a darker red is fine too if that looks better. My biggest concern is my hair's health...Last time I got highlights (a long time ago), I started shedding like crazy and my hair basically died. ): Stupid bleach. People with dark hair problems.

Should I go for red hair? Right now, It's virgin black.
    538451_3758268035185_888551990_n.jpg

I was thinking of this color :x
    tumblr_leqqdrrTex1qbkef5o1_500.png

stay black
  • AIIoyAIIoy nycPosts: 30Member
    edited June 2012
    *deleted*

Nobody answers!
  • goodyardhair001goodyardhair001 Posts: 36Member
    I like long wavy hair style. It looks amazing with long hair.
  • s_umires_umire Posts: 125Member
    Hi guys, does anyone know how to get a shade of purple like Hyosung's (the girl on the far right) on virgin black hair? Thanks :D

• TekashiTekashi fallen angel middle of nowhere for fallen angelsPosts: 2,251Member
    Hi guys, does anyone know how to get a shade of purple like Hyosung's (the girl on the far right) on virgin black hair? Thanks :D

If you want to get this on virgin black - only toner. It`ll be better if they`ll be bleach a bit.
    La Rich`e has nice pallet of colors.
  • CherryblackCherryblack Posts: 5Member
    Pardon my expression. :c Was having bad hair days for a long time and I'm wary of hairstylists. The last time I went to a good salon and the stylist chopped off my hair till its shaggy. I've been growing my hair out but it takes a very long time. Can anyone recommend a nice hairstyle?:} Should I straighten it or give it some waves? I went to a korean salon and they said they can do a magic curl for me at the ends, its like short curled hair but its too expensive for my length.Thanks! :)
  • CherryblackCherryblack Posts: 5Member

Pardon my expression. :c Was having bad hair days for a long time and I'm wary of hairstylists. The last time I went to a good salon and the stylist chopped off my hair till its shaggy. I've been growing my hair out but it takes a very long time. Can anyone recommend a nice hairstyle?:} Should I straighten it or give it some waves? I went to a korean salon and they said they can do a magic curl for me at the ends, its like short curled hair but its too expensive for my length.Thanks! :)