What kind of foundation do you use?

Guest meilove

Guest centric

I actually enjoy Sephora's Powder Foundation and it's the perfect match for my skintone.

The coverage is medium but it is definitely buildable. It's surprisingly smooth and feels light on the skin. It's also only $20!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Guest monokroma

I am using Clinique's Superbalanced Make Up. My shade is Neutral. It looks perfectly like my original skin shade, and the oil control is not bad (3 hours before my nose starts to be oily -- my skin type is normal-oily combination).

After wearing only BB creams for over a year, i switched back to regular foundation recently. I now use Lancome's Teint Miracle liquid foundation, and set it with Shiseido's Perfect Smoothing Compact. The Teint Miracle makes my skin look flawless while still looking natural; it gives me a nice glow without looking oily. Pricey, but worth it.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Hounsom

Try MACs Pro longwear foundation. I love mac because it has the yellow undertones unlike most brands and this one lasts hours on. If you want a powder Studio Fix works great it goes on smoothly and doesn't look chalky, good amount of the undertone in it

• 2 weeks later...

Try Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation, they all have yellow undertones and its is an absolute HG! It's a medium coverage but buildable and it smells/feels wonderful and light, not cakey at all! im not sure of the price as im from australia but its drugstore so it shouldnt be expensive at all

makeupalley reviews

Guest mingssi

i use missha bb cream everyday.. and is very hot where i live 

but if u dont like bbcreams i think mac is the best...

Guest Kitty07

Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum!

This is legit good stuff :) Shu Uemura used to be my HG until I got sick of it fading after like 5-6 hours and rubbing off super easily... Chanel makes me orange... Armani foundies have silicone... BB cream tends to have mineral oil or pore clogging ingredients... (The only exception is Baviphat Dream Girls BB, which is seriously light coverage. Whoever said medium/full coverage....... you might as well not wear anything!) Oh, and MUFE F&B is not bad but it does contain seed oil I believe... Good for photo-taking but you will end up looking like an oil slick. Quite natural though. And if you have imperfections, don't even consider...

Try Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation, they all have yellow undertones and its is an absolute HG! It's a medium coverage but buildable and it smells/feels wonderful and light, not cakey at all! im not sure of the price as im from australia but its drugstore so it shouldnt be expensive at all

makeupalley reviews

Bourjois is a really good drugstore brand of makeup if you want a natural finish. I've probably tried absolutely everythinggggg from liquid, powder, mousse and I would always go back to liquid just because I won't have to keep checking the mirror if I'm starting to get oily again.

I work 12 hour shifts so very long days and nights for me, currently when working I use Maybelline 24 HR Super Stay because it does stay for a long time, seriously. Top it up with Covergirl powder and I'm good for 15+ hours!

If I'm only out and about on off days, I wear Bourjois. It feels absolutely natural, don't even need powder to top it up but if you want more coverage powder over it is good. I have a noticeable scar on my lip and this covers it up as well as any redness on my face and it doesn't wipe the colour on clothes or anything. No concealer required. And I love the fruity smell (so does my guy mates!)

Several BB cream brands I used for 3 years and it just made my skin worse to be honest. It lightened up my skin tone but apart from that it didn't feel healthy.

Guest forestdoll

Revlon colorstay works like a charm and I love using Lioele BB Cream too! :-D 

Love the coverage of both! 

Guest Pandox

I don't try foundations a lot (I'm more of a bb cream person), but the only one I've really tried is a reccomended one by my friend which is the Maybelline Super Stay 24HR Makeup.  It says that it has micro-flex materials that will stretch to your skin, forming it it's needs so there's no caking. There's great coverage, especially for redness and if you have some dark spots (or freckles) like me. But if you have dryer skin, I don't think it would be that good because it sort of dried out my skin a bit, but I think it's just because I have dry skin. Overall that's the only flaw, I really reccomend it, a very affordable product and does what it's suppost to! 

Official Product's Website: http://www.maybelline.com/products/89/face/foundation/superstay-24hr-makeup/classic-ivory/light-30?shadeId=463

Archived