SMTOWN LA in 2012

Guest WaeOppaaa

Guest WaeOppaaa

I was wondering, does anybody know when the SMTOWN tour will start again? And when it might be coming back to Los Angeles? I didn't have the chance to go to the last LA show, and the NY one was far away (I'm in school ;c;) , and so I'm hoping SMTOWN will come back this year. I figured if it starts again, it would start in Korea and then move to LA, like it did before....but some people are saying it won't ever come back to the West coast because it was a 'financial letdown' sad.gif

information is super hard  to find, since I can't search in Korean ;~;

any ideas?

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest joemama23

actually from what I have heard/ read it wasn't a financial letdown it actually grossed more money in ticket sales and merchandise than SMTOWN Paris for their two days combined sooo I don't know I really hope they come back because I also didn't get to go to the LA one or the NY one and I was bummed twice LOOL ^__^

Guest WaeOppaaa

actually from what I have heard/ read it wasn't a financial letdown it actually grossed more money in ticket sales and merchandise than SMTOWN Paris for their two days combined sooo I don't know I really hope they come back because I also didn't get to go to the LA one or the NY one and I was bummed twice LOOL ^__^

I hope so too!

maybe within the next few months, we'll hear more about it~

• 1 month later...
Guest ng0cnguy3n

Well, it looks like SMTOWN will be coming back to L.A. on May 20th! Surprisingly, they're coming to us first this time. Excited, but I feel like everything is so last minute.They just announced the concert today and now concert tickets will begin selling on April 5th.

Guest creamy_pink

I also just read the news regarding SM Town coming back to LA on May 20th, and the venue this time will be at Honda Center in Aneheim. What it is weird to me is that they announced that ticket sales will start April 5th which is the day after tomorrow, but there is still no information on how to buy the tickets, ticket pricing and seating chart!

Guest ng0cnguy3n

I also just read the news regarding SM Town coming back to LA on May 20th, and the venue this time will be at Honda Center in Aneheim. What it is weird to me is that they announced that ticket sales will start April 5th which is the day after tomorrow, but there is still no information on how to buy the tickets, ticket pricing and seating chart!

Powerhouse just made an announcement about SMTOWN 2012 here.

Tickets will go on sale at 5pm (Pacific Daylight Time) on Thursday, April 5th via www.ticketmaster.com and www.powerhouselive.net. Ticket prices will range from $50 to $300. The $300 VIP tickets will be good for access to the private rehearsal at 3pm on the day of the show. Further details regarding ticket information will be released soon.

The tickets have been listed on ticketmaster, but there's two listings so I'm not exactly sure what that is about...

Guest so-flyhigh

The prices for the tickets are so expensive :c

I hate how this is coming out in such short notice!

YG gave a heads up about their tour, but SM all of a sudden pushed this out of nowhere. I'm worried that I might not go because of the date and how fast the show will be sold out...

Guest xeudaemonic

I suggest you guys do what you can to get through Powerhouselive first for tickets if you're buying online or calling in. Ticketmaster fees are much higher, than Powerhouse. But their processing are both fast and reliable.

I'm thinking of going but to be honest I'm kinda afraid of being there by myself..

Don't be afraid!!! We're all fans..and you can just introduce yourself to someone and say that you're alone and if it's okay if you can hang out with them..you can always chat with everyone here and meet up with them..

I've been to a few concerts by myself, and have always made friends and chat with the people that are sitting next to me..it's fun!!!

Does anyone know if there will be anything 'special' this year..? Like when I went in 2010, Sones practically bought all of the floor tickets..and there was also a fanmeeting, Sones had their own fanmeet while other fanbase went to KoreaBoo's..

I was interested in going until I realized I'd be paying over $1k for tix, hotel, flight, and rental car just to see Shinee and Exo. I have no clue about the set list and I am not a GG fan so that part of the show would be kind of a waste. Plus I am planning to see Big Bang and go to a few cons this year. I could buy a new pair of shoes instead.

Guest ng0cnguy3n

Does anyone know if there will be anything 'special' this year..? Like when I went in 2010, Sones practically bought all of the floor tickets..and there was also a fanmeeting, Sones had their own fanmeet while other fanbase went to KoreaBoo's..

Powerhouse stated that you can't purchase more than 10 tickets at once so that means fanclubs will not be able bulk purchase tickets like the last SMTOWN. They can, however, repeatedly purchase 10 tickets each time but it's unlikely that all the tickets will be right next to each other. I'm glad they made this rule, because it means every fan for themselves now. As for the fanmeets, you can check up on the artists' international fan forums to see if they're planning anything.

Powerhouse recently released a FAQ so if you haven't seen it yet, check it out below:

Q: When do tickets go on

sale?

A: Thursday, April 5th @ 5pm (Pacific Daylight Time)

Q: What are the ticket prices?

A: $50, $85, $150, $200, $300

Q: Where can I purchase tickets?

A: You may purchase tickets via Ticketmaster or

www.powerhouselive.net

Q: Will Powerhouse be doing phone sales?

A: No, Powerhouse ticket sales will be ONLINE ONLY.

Q: How many tickets can I buy at once?

A: There will be a limit of 10 tickets per purchase, so if you would

like to purchase more than 10, you will need to make separate

transactions.

Q: When can we see the seating chart?

A: The official seating chart will be released very soon. Powerhouse

will make sure to put it up before tickets go on sale so that the fans

can see it.

Q: Where are the $300 seats located?

A: They will be on the floor and front rows of the lower bowl. You

will have a better understanding when the seating chart is released.

Q: Is there a way I can buy $300VIPtickets without having to get a

floor seat? Can I get a different section?

A: Floor seats will be selling first for the $300 tickets, so if you

would like a different section, your best bet would be to keep trying

until you get it online, or to speak with a Ticketmaster rep over the

phone.

Q: Will it be easier to get floor tickets with Powerhouse?

A: Powerhouse and Ticketmaster will be selling an equally divided

number of floor seats, so you will have the same chance.

Q: Are the good tickets going to come out first? Because last time

Ticketmaster kept the floor tickets and put only a couple out at a

time online.

A: All tickets will be released to the public with an exception of

production holds. You will be offered to buy the best available seats

in the order the ticket system puts them out.

Q: What are the camera regulations? Are we allowed to bring in

cameras or do we follow the restrictions set forth by the venue?

A: Taking photos, video filming, and recording are strictly

prohibited. Only authorized staff will be permitted. Please do not be

surprised even if there are strict security checks on cameras and

recording devices at the time of entrance.

Guest ChuuChuuu

Aww man, this is so last minute, afraid tickets will sell out and its on a Sunday -__- SMtown will be worth it, but gonna be such a hassle to prepare everything..

nuuuuuuuuuuuuu The section I want is $200..

This is crazy..so expensive..but I can't blame them, they did get a bigger venue..

ahhhh...I only want to go see EXO since I already saw the rest...and there's KMF and Big Bang is coming up too..

Maybe I should just get the $50 one..at least I'll still be there..

Guest xeudaemonic

OMG, 200 for the seats I want x_x Problems of a broke college student........

Hmmm ... what to do, what to do ): Good luck to me and to everyone else today getting tickets (: Let's share seat information afterwards!

HHAH, I'll be at school in a classroom buying tickets unfortunately hahah!

Woww 200 for the green seats too .. well fml -_-

I think I'm going to settle for the 85 seats, ahaha. The 50 is so sad. and the 150 on the sides!? Not worth it.

Guest Shunshou

Does anyone have any idea why the $50 seats are any worse than the $85 seats? Is there something obscuring your view? They seem to have a better viewing angle than some of the $85 seats and are a little closer to the stage than the $85 seats in the far back... I would've considered getting the $300 tickets had I not already spent $275 on KMF... >.>;

Guest xeudaemonic

I think the view of the middle is more "valuable" than those on the corners, which is why the rows farthest back but in the middle are 85 rather than 50. Although the artists do use the extended stages, they do most of their performance together, which is usually the main stage and the middle. I think that's why the front view is most expensive.

Archived