P E T S! All About Pets, Pets Pets Pets!

Guest DOVAHKIIN

Guest cookiesaur

I'm so obsessed with dogs and cute animals atm. Just look at my avatar. <3

Here's a picture of my puppy who just turned 1 last January 26. :)

img00140201201250509.jpg

img00146201201250513.jpg

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Flicksityy

I'm so obsessed with dogs and cute animals atm. Just look at my avatar. <3

Here's a picture of my puppy who just turned 1 last January 26. :)

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

Oh my is that a toy poodle? I have a toy poodle puppy as well! She's almost a year old now - these photos were taken when she was merely 8 weeks old.

2-4.jpg

1-1.jpg

Guest Malice_Kaiser

^

POODLES <3

We have a standard poodle at home (BIG dog). He's adorable, and very smart, albeit a bit thick sometimes... I love him to death, and since I'm away at school I miss him~ Poodles are seriously awesome dogs.

Guest hishari

My pet rat had a stroke a couple of days ago. He couldn't get up and kept falling on his side, plus he couldn't eat but still attempted to groom himself while he was on his side. It was so heartbreaking :(

I had him humanely put down at the vet today and couldn't stop bawling in the waiting room. :tears:

My pet rat had a stroke a couple of days ago. He couldn't get up and kept falling on his side, plus he couldn't eat but still attempted to groom himself while he was on his side. It was so heartbreaking :(

I had him humanely put down at the vet today and couldn't stop bawling in the waiting room. :tears:

I'm sorry to hear that *hugs* If it makes you feel better, he's probably in rat heaven now, free of pain and having fun with his rat friends. Please take care.

Guest hishari

I'm sorry to hear that *hugs* If it makes you feel better, he's probably in rat heaven now, free of pain and having fun with his rat friends. Please take care.

Thank you :)

While I am sad, I don't feel bad because I know he's not suffering anymore.

Guest Dazzle and Destroy

381364_10150399532318797_521278796_8505166_1994980384_n.jpg

my baby<3

Okay, so I've had my dog for more than half a year.. and he was potty trained, but recently.. he has been marking everything :( we're trying no marking sprays right now, i am not sure if its working since we've just had it for a couple days. I am thinking about fixing him.. do you guys think that will help? T_T My husband is kind of against it, but I need to do something about it quick since a baby is on the way, and I can't always clean up after the dog, esp since we have carpet.

hishari~I'm sorry about your rat, too. It's the worst part of having an animal.

*quoted image*

my baby<3

Okay, so I've had my dog for more than half a year.. and he was potty trained, but recently.. he has been marking everything :( we're trying no marking sprays right now, i am not sure if its working since we've just had it for a couple days. I am thinking about fixing him.. do you guys think that will help? T_T My husband is kind of against it, but I need to do something about it quick since a baby is on the way, and I can't always clean up after the dog, esp since we have carpet.

Is he a Boston Terrier? Cute, and looks comfy there. lol it okay if I ask why your husband is kind of against it? How old is he? Is it possible that there's something that's upset him--something new, or noisy (or going on in the house) that he doesn't like ? We've always spayed and neutered our animals (especially since we never wanted to breed anyone) for the reasons below--

from WebMD:

Q: My dog leaves marks all over my house. If I neuter him, will that stop?

A: Neutering a dog will decrease and could eliminate that kind of marking, which is a territorial behavior. That's what they're doing; they're marking their territory to ward off other male dogs that could come into it and get their female. So neutering may eliminate the problem. But there also could be other health issues or behavioral issues involved at this point. So it's a really good argument for neutering early, before the animal reaches sexual maturity and the marking behavior has become habit.

Q: Will spaying or neutering my dog prevent future illnesses?

A: Yes, absolutely. In females, it greatly decreases mammarian cancer and completely eliminates uterine cancers and diseases. In males, it eliminates testicular cancers or diseases and can lower the risk of prostate cancer. Generally, spayed and neutered pets live longer, happier lives.

not sure what you use to clean the urine, but Nature's Miracle is really good. We've bought gallons at a time, and have been using it for years--it works better than anything we've ever tried. =x

Guest Dazzle and Destroy

Is he a Boston Terrier? Cute, and looks comfy there. lol it okay if I ask why your husband is kind of against it? How old is he? Is it possible that there's something that's upset him--something new, or noisy (or going on in the house) that he doesn't like ? We've always spayed and neutered our animals (especially since we never wanted to breed anyone) for the reasons below--

from WebMD:

not sure what you use to clean the urine, but Nature's Miracle is really good. We've bought gallons at a time, and have been using it for years--it works better than anything we've ever tried. =x

yes he is! :) my husband said no man should go through with it.. LMAO, i guess it's just a guy's thing, but he's finally getting convinced by me to get him neutered, i hope it fixes his marking :( getting dogs neutered is pretty expensive, but it's not as expensive as buying carpet shampoo all the time -_-

i use arm&hammer, and some other pet carpet formula.. I will try nature's miracle :) thanks!!

Guest Malice_Kaiser

yes he is! :) my husband said no man should go through with it.. LMAO, i guess it's just a guy's thing, but he's finally getting convinced by me to get him neutered, i hope it fixes his marking :( getting dogs neutered is pretty expensive, but it's not as expensive as buying carpet shampoo all the time -_-

i use arm&hammer, and some other pet carpet formula.. I will try nature's miracle :) thanks!!

Neutering is a a pretty easy process for male animals moreso than female anyway. Unless you plan on breeding them (lol, and I'm sure you don't because that would be a ton of work), I don't see any reason not to get him fixed. Good thing your husband gave in. :)

By the way, if you live by any major cities (and possibly if you don't?) you may be able to find places that neuter for large discounts (almost like a charity type thing, for people who can't afford it). That's what we do with our animals. We have to drive almost half an hour away to Chicago to do it, but it's worth saving some money.

My dog died two years ago and I had a dream a couple nights ago where she was still alive. In the dream, I was petting her and playing with her like old times. tears.gif

That's so sad to hear. I guess, it's for the better. I hate seeing any animals suffering. But its so so saddening :(

Guest Octopus__

429108_3011999132312_1032510008_2818805_1109020656_n.jpg

My poor baby has to wear the cone because he keeps licking his infected paw. Is there a way to make him more lively? He hasn't been himself lately because of the stupid cone. It's to make him better, but he absolutely hates it. Look at him be sad while trying to find Waldo.

Guest squeaky

my dog died after 16 years. i never really realized how heartbroken i'd be. 

i literally feel like crying everytime i am reminded of him. it just makes me so sad that he's been with me since i was a little girl and now he's gone. a piece of my childhood has gone with him.

my dog died after 16 years. i never really realized how heartbroken i'd be. 

i literally feel like crying everytime i am reminded of him. it just makes me so sad that he's been with me since i was a little girl and now he's gone. a piece of my childhood has gone with him.

I'm sorry to hear about your dog *hugs*

Guest bombb_

*quoted image*

My poor baby has to wear the cone because he keeps licking his infected paw. Is there a way to make him more lively? He hasn't been himself lately because of the stupid cone. It's to make him better, but he absolutely hates it. Look at him be sad while trying to find Waldo.

do those e-collars work when dogs lick their paws?

i saw online, you could put socks on her so she won't lick them.

and then tie a string in one sock, then on the other sock on another paw (so the string crosses the back)

and then do the same for the back paws

and then get another string and tie the two strings (the one connecting the front paw socks, then the one connecting the back paw socks) to it.

i havent tried this...i feel a little paranoid that the string will somehow get undone and hurt her.

but, i reckon as long as youre watchful

Guest Octopus__

^ Anything on his paw will be bitten off. He finds ways to release socks or bandages off. He's too clever.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest lacey.

I got a new Lionhead bunny today! He's the cutest thing I've ever seen. He's 8 weeks old and fits perfectly in the palms of my hands. (:

21rm6h.jpg

nmmigz.jpg

16hjnzq.jpg

Archived