What kind of foundation do you use?

Guest meilove

Guest carmenxox86

You have nice skin! You should just use a tinted moisturizer or bbcream. You don't seem like you need foundation.

I have combination skin, some areas are oily and some area is dry.

Missha Perfect Cover Bbcream has light coverage- SPF 42 and supposedly heals/improves and lighten skin during the use. I don't know if it does what it says it does but it is a nice light weight tinted moisturizer that doesn't feel greasy.

Missha+BB+Cream+No23.jpg

I am currently using Baviphat Magic Girls Plus Bbcream- SPF30 and I feel that has medium/full coverage without the feeling of it being heavy on my skin. Magic_Girls_Plus_BB_Cream_01_(Fresh_for_Oily_Skin)__52550_zoom.jpg

Definately try bbcream if you haven't done so.

-carm

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest forgottenmemories

Chanel vitalumiere aqua in B20 fits my skin perfectly. I'm also vietnamese with olivey-yellowish undertones! Give it a try.

You can also try Make Up For Ever HD foundation in #120. Fits really well too, but I do like the Chanel one a bit better.

Chanel Perfection Lumiere is my HG! <3 Along with YSL Tient Radiance. Yes it is pricey, but honestly it's worth every single penny and it last a lonnggggggggggg time. I think they are around $50, but it's super lightweight. I've tried Skin79 BB Cream and Missha BB Cream and they are just too heavy on my skin.

I never buy drugstore because I don't know how to match my shade. And foundation is the something that will sit on your skin for HOURSSS. I would rather go high-end on that.

Good luck!

Guest frostedsnow

wrote a review of my favorite bb creams and foundations, including skin79, shu uemura, and hera here:

http://frostedsnow.com/?p=209

Guest Hellolover

Dermablend! By Vichy. The coverage is ridiculously amazing yet it looks very natural so just use a tiny bit on your imperfections then it's enough to mix some with your moisturizer and apply it all over, but you really just need a tiny amount!

Guest c0lap1nada

Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum!

This is legit good stuff :) Shu Uemura used to be my HG until I got sick of it fading after like 5-6 hours and rubbing off super easily... Chanel makes me orange... Armani foundies have silicone... BB cream tends to have mineral oil or pore clogging ingredients... (The only exception is Baviphat Dream Girls BB, which is seriously light coverage. Whoever said medium/full coverage....... you might as well not wear anything!) Oh, and MUFE F&B is not bad but it does contain seed oil I believe... Good for photo-taking but you will end up looking like an oil slick. Quite natural though. And if you have imperfections, don't even consider...

Chanel Teint Innocence Cream to Powder Compact

*quoted image*

Convenient to use on the go, although I've been told that you should set it with loose powder but I don't bother haha.

And also hygienic because of the separate compartment for the sponge to sit in.

I use the lightest shade Claire 20 but I find that that it's a bit too yellow for my skin (For reference wear MAC NC20, Shu Uemura FA Smoothing Fluid 774, Laura Mercier Cream Ivory), but it's not too drying and looks quite natural.

I'm extremely pale for an asian, I have combination skin and I break out once or twice a month. Does the foundation have good coverage?

Chanel vitalumiere aqua in B20 fits my skin perfectly. I'm also vietnamese with olivey-yellowish undertones! Give it a try.

You can also try Make Up For Ever HD foundation in #120. Fits really well too, but I do like the Chanel one a bit better.

I'm Vietnamese as well but I'm an extremely pale for some reason lol. I get really bad break outs once or twice a month and was wondering if it has good coverage and lasts well for combination skin?

Guest illumine*

I'm extremely pale for an asian, I have combination skin and I break out once or twice a month. Does the foundation have good coverage?

I'm Vietnamese as well but I'm an extremely pale for some reason lol. I get really bad break outs once or twice a month and was wondering if it has good coverage and lasts well for combination skin?

Imo, the Teint Innocence compact is medium-full with a dewy finish and the Vitalumiere Aqua is light-medium with a satin finish. I wouldn't build either up, tbh, because they both look better if only one layer is used. Use more than one and it looks unnatural. The Vitalumiere Aqua will last longer with your skin type.

I would suggest you go visit a counter and sample before committing to either one. :)

Imo, the Teint Innocence compact is medium-full with a dewy finish and the Vitalumiere Aqua is light-medium with a satin finish. I wouldn't build either up, tbh, because they both look better if only one layer is used. Use more than one and it looks unnatural. The Vitalumiere Aqua will last longer with your skin type.

I would suggest you go visit a counter and sample before committing to either one. :)

Yeah. I don't think any foundations would look good when built up or it'll look more cakey then ever. The foundations I used so far doesn't do my skin type any justice and I'm hoping these would. Thanks :)

Guest phalken

I have very pale yellow undertone skin too (I think NC15 - maybe 20 range), and Vitalumiere Aqua in B10 matches my skin really well. B20 looks orange on my skin, so people with orange-foundation problems like c0lap1nada may just be using the wrong shade.

My skin is also combination, or dehydrated oily or something o_o basiclaly I have oil problems but if I don't moisturize currently I get dry patches.. super annoying. But Vitalumiere keeps my face slightly dewey for most of the day. I usually blot a bit after 4-5 hours to perfect it, but it's not really necessary.. which is a big step up from my normal skin oiliness level.

I don't think the coverage is great though. I don't really get breakouts except a few around the time of the month, so this foundation works for me since I don't really need coverage. I don't have prominent acne scarring either. Since it IS the aqua formula, it's meant to be light coverage (but much better than a tinted moisturizer). Coming from a history of using BRTC BB creams (more watery than most common BB cream brands), I found vitalumiere to be slightly more sheer, but not nearly as sheer as my Shiseido tinted face sunblock.

I got a really nice sample at my local Nordstrom that I'm still using now. It's lasting me about 20 uses, so I definitely suggest you get a sample before buying it. Hope it works for you too!

Guest meilove

i wanted to pop back in and say thanks to everyone who's been contributing and that i look forward to seeing more. so many brands i need to look into lol =)

I never found the "perfect" foundation, so I mix L'Oreal sun beige liquid foundation with Dr. Jart BB Cream. It has worked out pretty awesomely for me.

-ginger

• 3 weeks later...
Guest rissyFTK

I'm using NARS Sheer Matte.  I know it gets a lot of mixed reviews in the beauty community but I love it.  It's got light-medium coverage, a good color range (especially for yellow skintones), it's easy to apply, feels light on my skin, and it doesn't make me break out.  I still have yet to find a good primer to make it last longer, but I'm satisfied.  My cousin who has combo skin uses NARS Sheer Glow & she likes it a lot too.

I know you said that you prefer cream foundations.  Have you looked into MAC Full Coverage foundation?  Gossmakeupartist on YouTube mentions this one a lot.  I haven't tried it personally, but it seems like it's a very versatile product.  You can sheer it down with a light moisturizer to get the coverage you want or you can use it straight from the container as a concealer.  Plus you get more product compared to other standard foundations.  I think it's a PRO item though.

Guest courtleee

A lot of people are recommending BB creme, which works for some, but for me, it turns me into a ghost D:

It also isn't forgiving on any dry skin, either.

Don't try any clinique, their makeup is suited better for pink-ish undertones.

Bobbi Brown matches pretty well with my skin, I'm not sure which shade I use though. A bottle is about $34 I think?

Guest rissyFTK

^^I agree that Clinique foundations run pink or peach.  They're definitely not suited for most Asians, IMO.  It's a shame because their Even Better foundation is really nice.  No color match is a dealbreaker for me though :(

anyone actually like the new mousse foam foundation?

heard mixed reviews about it

Are you talking about the Revlon one?

Well just my opinion...

Been using it for two months now. I have very oily skin, and I have to say it has great coverage. It's easily buildable and if you want light coverage, you just use a small amount. It spreads very easily. It does well to even out skin tone. Honestly it can go from sheer to medium~full coverage.

However...

It's very greasy on me and the end of the day, you can see my oil start to break through. It transfers very easily and also creases easily on me but this happens to me with almost every single foundation. The only other foundation that is okay on me (although it still creases, transfers and melts off me, it's a bit better) is Revlon Colorstay. It kind of melts off.

So maybe with a good setting powder, it will be alright. Or if you have dry skin, it'll probably be perfect for you.

---

I'm looking for foundation as well that's decent for oily skin with yellow undertones. Hopefully drugstore brand, everything I seem to try has either orange or red.

Archived