SNSD and Chocolat Songwriter Goes on A Racist Tirade Against Black People

Jenny Hyun (@jennyhyun) a songwriter with credits for Girls’ Generation and Chocolat took to her twitter of February 15 to go on a disgusting racist rant calling for the extermination of all black people. She had previously tweeted about the intellectual superiority of pale people. 

[asianjunkie.com screenshots here]

A petition has been made in hopes to send a message to Korean Entertainment companies: if they hire Jenny Hyun, customers will not buy it. 

You can sign it 

HERE

screenshots and longer article at 

asianjunkie.com

I deleted asianjunkie's screenshots of the tweets from the article because they only cover half of horrible things she's said. Here are the full extent of her racist tweets (start from the bottom of this post):

picture3mp.png

picture2lg.png

picture1bvfn.png

No offense, but she pretty much said everything I don't have the balls to say for fear that I'll be jumped by a whole gang of savages.

Jenny Hyun is awesome.

Some black must have said a whole bunch of mini cooper to something she liked and when she disagreed the black said a bunch of mini cooper to her.

Guest Awkward Smile

No offense, but she pretty much said everything I don't have the balls to say for fear that I'll be jumped by a whole gang of savages.

Jenny Hyun is awesome.

Some black must have said a whole bunch of mini cooper to something she liked and when she disagreed the black said a bunch of mini cooper to her.

Wow, do people not get banned for blatant racism here?

Because they should.

Guest Malice_Kaiser

It's okay, guys, she said she doesn't hate black people. We just misunderstood the part where she said they were disgusting and should be eradicated.

Guest Boomx2Brian

Wow, do people not get banned for blatant racism here?

Because they should.

If you pay attention to his posts, he does a ton of satire. Think of him as the soompi version of The Onion network

Guest Malice_Kaiser

If you pay attention to his posts, he does a ton of satire. Think of him as the soompi version of The Onion network

I hope those two positive rep points he has are from people applauding his satire, not from people who didn't understand the joke and actually agreed with what he said...

Guest babyxdestiny

I'm not excusing her behavior by any means but Jenny does have bipolar disorder from what I remember.She stopped taking her medication for a while last year (or the year before?) and all her tweets were :wacko:

Such a shame, since she has such a gorgeous voice and is such a good songwriter :/

Guest Heart.net

I don't even know where to begin. How can you just generalize a whole race and insinuate genocide against a tweet that actually has some truth in it. Floyd Mayweather's tweet 'Jeremy Lin is a good player but all the hype is because he's Asian. Black players do what he does every night and don't get the same praise'.

Does she really think that a world without black people would relieve all the tensions that people feel? One word 'Asinine'.

Guest Sleepless.

People that hate blacks and mock their status in this world have no understanding of history. They can't grasp that African Americans have only had the same privileges and "rights" as Caucasians for about 62 years. Before that they never had proper education because of segregation and lack of money for schools, nor did they have decent living environments due to the government pushing them all into ghettos after slavery was abolished. Hundreds of years of oppression and the effects it will have on a group of people educational wise and societal wise cannot be eradicated after just 62 years. Really, the behavior she describes is only the aftermath of blacks never getting the chance to do anything until the 1960s, due to extreme racism and prejudice. 

Besides the fact that she knows nothing about cause and effect, she should take a minute to see how the world views Asian countries. How many times have you heard someone say Chinese people or Koreans are uncivilized or barbaric for doing certain things such as eating dogs or live octopus? How often do you hear someone say Asians are primitive for still favoring sons and aborting millions of baby girls each year? It's funny she says blacks should worship Asians when Asian countries are always being ridiculed, and further more, Asian Americans have faced just as much racism and stereotyping as blacks in the U.S.

People that hate blacks and mock their status in this world have no understanding of history. They can't grasp that African Americans have only had the same privileges and "rights" as Caucasians for about 62 years. Before that they never had proper education because of segregation and lack of money for schools, nor did they have decent living environments due to the government pushing them all into ghettos after slavery was abolished. Hundreds of years of oppression and the effects it will have on a group of people educational wise and societal wise cannot be eradicated after just 62 years. Really, the behavior she describes is only the aftermath of blacks never getting the chance to do anything until the 1960s, due to extreme racism and prejudice. 

Besides the fact that she knows nothing about cause and effect, she should take a minute to see how the world views Asian countries. How many times have you heard someone say Chinese people or Koreans are uncivilized or barbaric for doing certain things such as eating dogs or live octopus? How often do you hear someone say Asians are primitive for still favoring sons and aborting millions of baby girls each year? It's funny she says blacks should worship Asians when Asian countries are always being ridiculed, and further more, Asian Americans have faced just as much racism and stereotyping as blacks in the U.S.

Wait eating live octopus are considered barbaric? What?! 0.0

African Americans pioneered most of the equality movements in the U.S. Without Blacks, I would think other minorities would have it far more worse because Blacks were the one that stood up and fought for minorities' right.. Notable mention being Martin Luther King and Martin Luther King Jr.

I think that minorities owe at least some gratitude to Blacks for generation upon generation of fighting for equal rights and then later creating organizations to help all minorities. 

Guest koreanballads

Michael Richards.  Crucified.

Jenny Hyun.  Crucified.

The racist soldiers who drove Danny Chen to suicide/possibly killed by friendly fire.  Unrecognized. 

Bet you can't name any of the racist soldiers who contributed to Chen's death. Going on a tirade on Twitter will spark more outrage than killing an Asian-American soldier. LOL @ the state of American race relations.  Just lol.

Guest kiju87h

A new post on her blog, "Jenny Hyun has been admitted to a hospital today. She is a paranoid schizophrenic and has been battling mental illness, a debilitating disease for many years. Friends and family of Jenny want to extend their sincere apology for any harmful statements made verbally or via the web that Jenny has made while she was in the height of a psyshosis episode. We appreciate your understanding during this difficult time for her." I made a comment on the article mentioning that, while it doesn't excuse the hateful things she said, she has blogged about having schizophrenia and previously having a mental breakdown. I'm not a professional but having grown up with someone who had multiple mental illnesses I could see something was wrong by her posts on her blog and that hatefulness she was spewing on twitter. It seemed like there was something more than just being a racist bigot. I hope that she gets the help she needs and surrounds herself with positive people.

Guest kiju87h

Mental illness doesn't cause racism. Racism is just a combination of Fear and Stupidity combined, I know people who are Schizophrenic but they have the common sense to be respectful of all people regardless of race

I never said or implied that a mental illness causes racism. There was a new blog posted saying she had schizophrenia and had been hospitalized so I made a comment saying I had read previous blogs of hers that said the same thing. In my comment I said "It seemed like there was something more than just being a racist bigot". I'm sure she does have issues with race because why else would she have even said something like that. She seemed so out of control and her comments were so crazy I figured there must be more to it. No sane person freaks out like that out of the blue. And her saying people are outside her house roaring their engines? Before even knowing she was schizophrenic as soon as I read that part I thought it was really weird. Then when I read her blog something about it made me want to check if she wrote if something about having a mental illness and she did. For all we know she may have had a psychotic episode. Whatever the case may be her comments were disgusting. Like I said before her mental illness is not an excuse for what she said and she's gonna have to deal with what she's done.

Guest kiju87h

Here's the thing, yea schizophrenics and people with other mental issues have a freak out but not a racist rant. So don't get it twisted and don't be fooled by her crocodile tears. Yes people with mental issues have their problems but they're not stupid. She's just using a mental issues as an excuse so in other words she's an idiot

I'm not getting anything twisted or being fooled by anything. I already said, a few times, that there's no excuse for what she said and she's going to have to deal with the consequences. I believe that people are different and react differently. No one is exempt from having a mental illness, including those that are racist/prejudice. I feel it's perfectly reasonable to think someone would go on a racist rant during a psychotic episode if they already have issues with race. She just committed career suicide with her comments. I don't think someone in the right state of mind would do that. And I hope she does get the help she needs because I'd hate to see this, or worse, happen again. If you don't agree with my point of view that's fine. I'm not trying to tell you how to think or change your mind. I don't want to keep going round and round so this will be my last comment on this topic.

Guest PsychedelicAir

Michael Richards.  Crucified.

Jenny Hyun.  Crucified.

The racist soldiers who drove Danny Chen to suicide/possibly killed by friendly fire.  Unrecognized. 

Bet you can't name any of the racist soldiers who contributed to Chen's death. Going on a tirade on Twitter will spark more outrage than killing an Asian-American soldier. LOL @ the state of American race relations.  Just lol.

I don't get this comparison

Unlike war occupations, the net is where what you see is what you see. So if a series of psychopathic racial posts are posted online by a particular person, they are there for the online community to view. There is no restriction, no age limit, no demographic limit, no limit whatsoever, The messages travel and spread so far and wide.

Wars have too much restriction that the laws of war can be modified and the large mass outside the war-zone would not be aware of it. So I am baffled by your comparisons here because even though I can see what you are getting at, it's really not an even weighed argument

The fact that Danny Chen is getting an inquiry just goes to show the commitment there is to find truth in a system that is so flawed and troubled because no one has been putting the pressure of correction down on it.  The men have been condemned but transferred to another Afghanistan camp so they can continue their madness. So far, Jenny hasn't had any reaction of condemnation from the k-pop industry... the silent support is despicable.

I'm sick of people setting up pulling the Race X vs. Race Y move

Even though she is a paranoid schizophrenic, I am still offended by her and more so when others out there agree with her. The lack of education and respect was repulsive. She sunk herself lower than low... and as a Black person, I refuse to support kpop. I'll enjoy it but not one penny will go forward to making a contribution to a music industry that supports anti-black sentiments... which is sad considering how drenched kpop is with Black-originated music

Archived