Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Critique My Appearance (read 1st Post)

Replies

• IXIX Posts: 30Member
    GinnoTsubasa wrote on 29 January 2012 - 06:18 AM:

*quoted image*
    (sorry for the pic quality!)

Ok two things to ask~ I'm super nervous on posting for a critique on myself *hides* but meh here we go~ \(>O<)/ LOL

1) Need help on a new hairstyle... Anyone heeeeelp? (TT_TT)/ lol I'm getting a haircut by the end of this week and I've had the same hairstyle forever so a bit tired of it (if you can't tell by my expression XP)... My hair's usually super duper ringlet-ie curly at the back lol But at the moment it's just sitting in a frizzy triangle shaped mess 'cause my layers have all grown out (haven't had my hair cut for about a year, driving.me.crazy.right.now) I usually have a side fringe, probably just below my glasses? But yeah, kinda tired of it... Was thinking of a front fringe but I don't know and it's been so long since I've really dramatically changed my hair I'm kinda hesitant on what to do~

I suppose I'm kinda thinking fringe style + curls 'cause I really don't mind my curls when they're tamed and I don't have time to spend straightening, it's just I need suggestions on said taming lol XD

2) Makeup? o___o
     Obviously I'm not wearing anything in photo but I feel so lost 99.9% of the time when it comes to makeup, and pretty shy trying stuff haha =P Anyone have any suggestions on what I should try, colours, etc that would suit me?

My style is generally pretty girly if that's any help to the questions above... Have a major obsession for bows and cute things for example lol =P

1)Huh It's hard to tell from the picture you provided... What's your hair length ?
    You are very lucky to have curly hair. :D But don't go for a front/full fringe, a side bang must look better and prettier on you. If you are really looking for change, maybe you could go for blond highlights ?

2) Coral goes with any skin tone. On lips or cheeks it's just amazing. As you have blue eyes, it will look even better on you. You don't need a lot of makeup... On a daily basis : Black Mascara, just a thin line of eye liner on your upper lids and nice creamy lipstick : Pink, coral, nude... If you want to try eyeshadows for a partyish makeup : Light Blue, Gold, Light green, Teal, Purple... Mostly "Winter" colors. If you're not used to makeup, don't try darker colors. Let you some time to learn how to apply it the propper way. There's plenty of tutorials over youtube ! And of course, remember the golden rule : you put colors on the eyes OR on the lips not both at the same time !

The famous 88 color palette (You can found it on Ebay for really cheap) is the way to go ! There is so many tutorial with this one on the web !

At last some inspirational pictures  :

Coral makeup
    teal makeup
    Purple
    Light Blue

Hope it helps. :lol:
  • winterbaby0winterbaby0 Posts: 3New Member
    AIIoy wrote on 27 January 2012 - 03:04 PM:

Spoiler:

You're so stunning. I love your coloring...beautiful! Btw you look pretty young. Like in your late teens, maybe 20.
  • KeayaraKeayara fizzerific AustraliaPosts: 653Member
    GinnoTsubasa wrote on 29 January 2012 - 11:48 PM:

*quoted image*
    (sorry for the pic quality!)

Ok two things to ask~ I'm super nervous on posting for a critique on myself *hides* but meh here we go~ \(>O<)/ LOL

1) Need help on a new hairstyle... Anyone heeeeelp? (TT_TT)/ lol I'm getting a haircut by the end of this week and I've had the same hairstyle forever so a bit tired of it (if you can't tell by my expression XP)... My hair's usually super duper ringlet-ie curly at the back lol But at the moment it's just sitting in a frizzy triangle shaped mess 'cause my layers have all grown out (haven't had my hair cut for about a year, driving.me.crazy.right.now) I usually have a side fringe, probably just below my glasses? But yeah, kinda tired of it... Was thinking of a front fringe but I don't know and it's been so long since I've really dramatically changed my hair I'm kinda hesitant on what to do~

I suppose I'm kinda thinking fringe style + curls 'cause I really don't mind my curls when they're tamed and I don't have time to spend straightening, it's just I need suggestions on said taming lol XD

2) Makeup? o___o
     Obviously I'm not wearing anything in photo but I feel so lost 99.9% of the time when it comes to makeup, and pretty shy trying stuff haha =P Anyone have any suggestions on what I should try, colours, etc that would suit me?

My style is generally pretty girly if that's any help to the questions above... Have a major obsession for bows and cute things for example lol =P

1. I think a side fringe would look good, maybe cutting across your brows a little bit (but not under your glasses and things, that would get irritating. Have you tried chemical straightening in order to relax your hair a little bit, so it's not as frizzy and more manageable. Apparently it can get quite expensive though.

2. Makeup. You have really good eyes for makeup, I assume your eyes are blue, but I can't quite tell from the picture. Generally with blue eyes browns, copper, golds look really good. Your skin seems quite good already but since your complexion is quite pale you could wear a little bit of blush to bring some more colour to your face. I think a peachy colour would suit your skin. The benefit of having glasses is that your makeup won't look as harsh either.

Hope that helps! Bows are adorable too. :]
  • qbqb Posts: 4New Member
    kookiekrazy wrote on 30 January 2012 - 02:32 PM:

Excuse image quality and stuff and stuff. XDD Shoddy builtin webcam orz

[url="http://i39.Richard Simmons/2llyjur.jpg"]Cliiick[/url]

1. Face shape?
    2. Makeup/style ideas/tips?
    3. Should I do anything in particular with my hair? How do you think I'd look with bangs/different hair color/etc?
    4. Would I look okay in girlier clothes? XD
    5. Should I get new glasses/are my frames suitable for my face?

I do get my eyebrows done...My hair is naturally wavy (in a disgusting supermancurl way orz) but I had it Japanese straight permed....I don't normally wear makeup (I'm not wearing any in the picture)...and I have really bad vision so I have to wear glasses (I can't get contacts within like an inch of my eyes).

Thanks in advance!

I think new frames would look good on you. I was planning to check out some ray-ban frames myself when I have enough money. 
  • YooriChanYooriChan Posts: 5New Member
    NEED SUGGESTIONS AND HELPS XD

okay, so one of my 2012 resolution is make over myself. I'm a nerd.

(with my nerd glasses. should i just switch it into lens?)
    Photo0230.jpg

Photo0228.jpg

what color that is actually suits me?
    fashion suggestion for a programmer(or any woman style for those who works with computer and man collegues and doesnt need to meet people too much)?
    hair style? will I look good in with bangs? any suggestion?

will it good if I cut my hair like Go Minam's style?tumblr_lye51zv8Ab1r940x2o2_250.jpgGo_Mi_Nam_You_re_Beautiful_2211-1.jpg

or just let it grow? but i don't really now any long hair style, any suggestion? fyi, i never really left my hair grew more than a shoulder lenght :X

your suggestion will be very please XD
    YooriChan wrote on 07 February 2012 - 09:40 PM:

I think that you have a really adorable young faceshape. xD Like a baozi! I really like it. I think that to make yourself look more soft and feminine you should shape your eyebrows. I think combined with your glasses it is a little too heavy for that area of your face. :]
    Keayara wrote on 07 February 2012 - 01:41 PM:

I think that you have a really adorable young faceshape. xD Like a baozi! I really like it. I think that to make yourself look more soft and feminine you should shape your eyebrows. I think combined with your glasses it is a little too heavy for that area of your face. :]

dunno what the meaning of 'baozi' =]

**googled it**....a steamed bun, so i look like a bun? XD

okay, shape my eyebrows...noted it *busy writing at a note* :D
    oh, and i'm planning to buy a pair of black circle lens from Geo Lens, what do you think?

thanks for the suggestion =]
  • choellechoelle Posts: 212Member
    @YooriChan: I think Go Minam's hair would look great on you! Go for it :D
    And to be honest, I don't think you need circle lens, your eyes are lovely enough as is. However, I guess there's nothing wrong with experimenting... :lol: hope your transformation proves to be a great success ^^

• InphamousInphamous Posts: 69Member

ROOKIE

[IMG]http://i44.Richard Simmons/2uff2g8.jpg[/IMG]

Been growing my hair for a couple of months now, and it's getting to the length I originally intended to have it at.
    However, the original plan included getting my hair dyed.

I still want to get it dyed, but I'm uncertain of the color I'd get it as now. Suggestions?
    Inphamous wrote on 08 February 2012 - 01:30 PM:

*quoted image*

Been growing my hair for a couple of months now, and it's getting to the length I originally intended to have it at.
    However, the original plan included getting my hair dyed.

I still want to get it dyed, but I'm uncertain of the color I'd get it as now. Suggestions?

I think that if you took a better photo it'd be easier to tell, maybe straight on or from 3/4 angle. Your dog is cute though.
  • exoxoexoxo Posts: 5Member, New Member
    edited February 2012
     Star005: bit hard to tell cos of the photo. can't see all of your hair. u could pull off the blonde and black from what i can tell. Generally i like natural hair colour on asians. u look cute with the hairstyle you have now. 

YooriChan : those glasses have got to go! no homo, but u have pretty eyes. i think the glasses hide them and dont really enhance them. plus too much black going around there - dark eyebrows plus dark hair and glasses. I know that lenses can be annoying when you are stuck behind a computer all day so maybe try wearing lenses when you are going out but new glasses for home/work. You don't need circle lenses.
    New glasses that are a different colour or frameless with maybe something a bit bigger so we can see your eyes?

I can imagine you with really long hair but you can pull off go minam's hair because you have big eyes and feminine features. 

actually my plan to buy circle lens is because the regular lens are too small for me (-____- l|)
    i have a pair of acuvue clear daily lens, but they didn't fit in my eyes. The lens's diameter is smaller than my eyes.

thanks for the suggestion :)
  • EricaCookiesEricaCookies Posts: 5Member
    soompi.png

Sorry for the big image! D: I was trying to fit all the images into one (trust me, they would've been bigger haha).
    I was wondering if I looked better with/without glasses? And whether I suit a side fringe or a full fringe? (or bangs.. xD)
    Also, I was thinking of getting contact lenses (0 strength so I can wear with glasses :3 purely for cosmetic purposes hehe) and I was wondering whether I should get brown or green? I'm leaning more towards brown right now because I don't want to be too outrageous. And I have been wanting to dye all my hair a coffee brown-ish colour, but it doesn't really show up on my black hair. (I have brown highlights but they only show up with good lighting) Is there a way to get this hair without too much damage? Or shall I just leave it.

And any style suggestions? I'm 5' 3" and 106lbs (48kg) a little bit chubby but nothing too extreme :) I'm quite young also, so nothing too mature ^__^ (I'm welcome to a variety of suggestions and styles :3)

Thanks in advance!
  • arti__arti__ Posts: 24Member
    YooriChan i think that you should only shape your eyebrows and make it litlle bit more thiner ... the lenses are good idea as well if you don't want to wear glasses. About you hair .... i think is lovely ... don't cut it ... if you leave it like this you will be able to do a lot more things with it. Even though you don't meet with a lot of people ... dress for yourself ... and you'll feel way more better. Hope I've helped. ;)
  • inxomniainxomnia FunkytownnPosts: 1,104Member

IDOL

Star005 wrote on 28 January 2012 - 06:55 PM:

with blonde hair (current)
    with brunette hair (two weeks ago)

which is better?
    should I grow my hair?

Blonde makes you look older + tired (maybe it's just the pic though) so I'd go for brunette. Also, brunette brings out your eyes more.

GinnoTsubasa wrote on 30 January 2012 - 12:18 AM:

2) Makeup? o___o

I actually think you'd look better with straight hair to be honest. And maybe a full fringe (slims the face) OR a side fringe (suits your girlier style).

Make up, start with the basics. IConcealer (if you've got problem spots), foundation, eye liner, lip stick colours. If you want to experiment, just play around with trends and see what fits.

kookiekrazy wrote on 31 January 2012 - 08:32 AM:

Excuse image quality and stuff and stuff. XDD Shoddy builtin webcam orz

[url="http://i39.Richard Simmons/2llyjur.jpg"]Cliiick[/url]

1. Face shape?
    2. Makeup/style ideas/tips?
    3. Should I do anything in particular with my hair? How do you think I'd look with bangs/different hair color/etc?
    4. Would I look okay in girlier clothes? XD
    5. Should I get new glasses/are my frames suitable for my face?

I do get my eyebrows done...My hair is naturally wavy (in a disgusting supermancurl way orz) but I had it Japanese straight permed....I don't normally wear makeup (I'm not wearing any in the picture)...and I have really bad vision so I have to wear glasses (I can't get contacts within like an inch of my eyes).

Thanks in advance!

I think your hair suits straight, maybe try a side parting and side bangs, considering that your hair seems finer. Considering that your features are rather soft and girly, I think you'd suit girly clothes but don't force it if you don't personally like it of course. And yeah, I would recommend new glasses. Here's a helpful chart -

Ovalfacecapture.jpg

addpic.jpg

YooriChan wrote on 07 February 2012 - 10:10 PM:

fashion suggestion for a programmer(or any woman style for those who works with computer and man collegues and doesnt need to meet people too much)?

will it good if I cut my hair like Go Minam's style?

or just let it grow? but i don't really now any long hair style, any suggestion? fyi, i never really left my hair grew more than a shoulder lenght :X

I think you can make the switch to lens, makes you look younger.

Hairstyle-wise, I find that Minam's hair is thicker than yours and yours looks a bit frizzy? If so, then I wouldn't recommend something like Minam's hair because it might not end up looking like that and if you want it to look like that, it might take a lot of maintenance.

EricaCookies wrote on 09 February 2012 - 08:30 AM:

Sorry for the big image! D: I was trying to fit all the images into one (trust me, they would've been bigger haha).
    I was wondering if I looked better with/without glasses? And whether I suit a side fringe or a full fringe? (or bangs.. xD)
    Also, I was thinking of getting contact lenses (0 strength so I can wear with glasses :3 purely for cosmetic purposes hehe) and I was wondering whether I should get brown or green? I'm leaning more towards brown right now because I don't want to be too outrageous. And I have been wanting to dye all my hair a coffee brown-ish colour, but it doesn't really show up on my black hair. (I have brown highlights but they only show up with good lighting) Is there a way to get this hair without too much damage? Or shall I just leave it.

And any style suggestions? I'm 5' 3" and 106lbs (48kg) a little bit chubby but nothing too extreme :) I'm quite young also, so nothing too mature ^__^ (I'm welcome to a variety of suggestions and styles :3)

Thanks in advance!

I reckon side fringe since your hair seems too thick and doesn't sit well with the full fringe (from the pics?), doesn't seem to fit your face shape either. And without glasses... by 0 strength contact lens do you mean those circle lens or colored contacts? Because I don't find a point wearing glasses with coloured/circle lens (glasses attracts all the attention away anyways). If you get brown, make it a light brown because there's no point getting coloured contacts without there being any noticeable difference.
    sayuri
  • EricaCookiesEricaCookies Posts: 5Member
    inxomnia wrote on 09 February 2012 - 09:56 PM:

I reckon side fringe since your hair seems too thick and doesn't sit well with the full fringe (from the pics?), doesn't seem to fit your face shape either. And without glasses... by 0 strength contact lens do you mean those circle lens or colored contacts? Because I don't find a point wearing glasses with coloured/circle lens (glasses attracts all the attention away anyways). If you get brown, make it a light brown because  there's no point getting coloured contacts without there being any noticeable difference.

Yeah I mean a hazel-brown type colour :) just normal lenses, circle lenses intimidate me ><" and my eyesight isn't that bad, so I don't have to wear glasses all the time, just when I'm sitting at the back in class :) Thanks for your suggestions though.
  • Des ChoiDes Choi Posts: 205Member

ROOKIE

edited February 2012
    Ok this is my first time ever volunteering to be 'critiques', so I'm not sure as how to ask? Lol.

1328988208220.jpg

1.Haircut?
    I would love to try a new style, but I am stuck on what to go for.. I'm a bit uneasy on trying a short cut though..

2.Hair Dye?
    I was thinking about maybe a milk tea color.

3. Makeup?
    I am not that big on wearing makeup. Mascara and some eyeliner and I am done, however I would love any advice on what colors and products you have! :)

4. Fashion?
    Fashionwise I dress casually unless I'm going out wth friends, but I don't really dress 'girly'
    I LOVE korean and japanese clothing lines! They are so cute, but unfortunately a lot of their clothing won't fit me bustwise :/
    Any suggestions?

As you see in my name I am half asian, but I don't look like it. I am alsp 5'5 if that helps any?
    Thank you & I'm sorry for the quality of the pics.

EDIT: I am also thinking of getting a Conch piercing.
  • dot.dot. Posts: 513Member

IDOL

I wouldnt go any shorter than shoulder length for you, buy how about a front fringe? And also, colour wise i think that milk tea colour would look great on you as you do not look particularly asian and therefore it wont look tacky.

Im afraid the only makeup tip i can give is experiment with yourself, girl! Your the only person who knows your face the way you do, so just experiment and see what techniques make your features pop out more.

You aint the only girl with a big bust, and if they can find cute clothing, so can you. Keep searching, hey. Try some other online stores in the UK or just go to your local shopping centre.

• Killing-MachineKilling-Machine Posts: 21Member
    YooriChan wrote on 07 February 2012 - 12:10 PM:

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

will it good if I cut my hair like Go Minam's style?*quoted image**quoted image*

If you're talking about dying your hair, then I think darker colors suit you more. Either black or brown. :)
    I think you will suit side bangs very well. You have the face for it.
    In my opinion, I like your hair length as it is. Wavy locks would look beautiful on you, so I would advise you not to cut your hair in that hairstyle. You could however sport a short haircut like these: X O
    If you are going for a shorter cut, that length will suit you very well.
    About the glasses, I think you can still wear them if they're more comfortable, but pick a more stylish pair? Contact lenses are completely fine too. You'll look good with either of them. :)
    I hope your transformation goes well! :D You're already pretty the way you are now.:D
    Kind of got excited now. Hope you update us with an after picture, no matter how you've decided to cut your hair. :)
    4ubdoi.jpg
    "Fashions fade, style is eternal."
  • octowomanoctowoman Posts: 2New Member
    [img]http://i44.Richard Simmons/14ncs3m.jpg[/img]

Excuse my pulled back greasy hair, lol. I've been told I have a long face. Would you consider my face shape larger and longer than typical Asian girls? Any advice making my face look shorter? It looks unproportional to my body because I'm only 5'2".