What kind of foundation do you use?

Guest meilove

Guest sallyen

Try Maybelline's Dream Nude Airfoam.

I have a bunch of other foundations, but all of them are liquid ^_^

I recently bought the Airfoam one and I like it a lot. It's not heavy and it's light to medium coverage.

It doesn't look cakey as the Maybelline's Matte Mouse. Also it's pretty cheap :-)

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest AS1AND0LL

I am currently loving MAC's Pro Longwear Foundation.. it works amazing and I don't even need to use a concealer. I've had it since October and still don't need to buy another one yet, a little goes a long way :]

Guest ThiNgiE

I've been using NARS sheer glow for a few years now but recently discovered Makeup Forever Face and Body liquid foundation. It is the lightest foundation i have ever tried. Its got a thin gel like consistency so it blends like a dream (i think its 80% water based). I would say its somewhat like a tinted moisturizer in that it is very sheer coverage. However it is buildable to medium coverage. It just feels very light on my skin and looks very natural, kinda like second skin. From your pictures, it seems like you dont need much coverage...if any at all. So i highly recommend trying this foundation since its very light and sheer.

I also have a yellowish undertone. I've been using the Lancome Tient Miracle in bisque 1N and its the perfect shade. It's my HG foundation. Doesn't feel heavy / look cakey. Super natural but the coverage is medium-ish. Great if you just have a few spots. btw, I don't use concealer either. What I love about this foundation is that it gives me a dewy look. 

I've tried MAC's pro long wear before. At first I really liked it and it was like the perfect shade, but realized later that it had a orange-ish tint on my. I think it oxided and same with my friends. I will never buy that foundation ever again 

Guest eunji86

I've been using Mac pro longwear foundation in NC15 but I'm not completely satisfied with it. I think I will try Armani or YSL foundations next.

Guest emily25

I've been using Mac pro longwear foundation in NC15 but I'm not completely satisfied with it.  I think I will try Armani or YSL foundations next.

Try Christian Dior" foundation its good for skin.  The radiance of the complexion comes not only from the surface of the skin but also from the very “heart” of the skin. Try out once. B)

Try Maybelline's Dream Nude Airfoam.

I have a bunch of other foundations, but all of them are liquid ^_^

I recently bought the Airfoam one and I like it a lot. It's not heavy and it's light to medium coverage.

It doesn't look cakey as the Maybelline's Matte Mouse. Also it's pretty cheap :-)

I know this is gonna sound weird, but what does the Maybelline Dream nude airfoam smell like? Right now I'm currently using Revlons Photo ready liquid foundation and my bf always complains about the way it smells. I really want to try the Maybelline's airfoam but i don't wanna listen to him complain about the way it smells.

Guest hellcatcountess

I got the combo skin type, as well. I'm using Skinfood's red bean BB cream when I just like smooth everyday coverage. And this doesn't do those normal makeup meltdown under sweltering heat. But I also love Revlon's PhotoReady liquid foundation which I learned about from a makeup products review of hollyannaeree on YouTube. I use this alternately with the BB cream. It is not at all cakey or heavy on your face. And it has this subtle sparkle that should presumably work well on your skin. :)

Revlon-Photoready-Foundation.jpgproduct2-20101119-231008.jpg

Funny how it took me a while to notice that the comment before mine also talked about the same liquid foundation. LOL.

Guest sallyen

I know this is gonna sound weird, but what does the Maybelline Dream nude airfoam smell like? Right now I'm currently using Revlons Photo ready liquid foundation and my bf always complains about the way it smells. I really want to try the Maybelline's airfoam but i don't wanna listen to him complain about the way it smells.

I don't think it smells like anything..

It's not a chemically smell, but it reminds me a bit of sunscreen? ^.^

Chanel Teint Innocence Cream to Powder Compact

chanel-teint-innocence-compact-1.jpg

Convenient to use on the go, although I've been told that you should set it with loose powder but I don't bother haha.

And also hygienic because of the separate compartment for the sponge to sit in.

I use the lightest shade Claire 20 but I find that that it's a bit too yellow for my skin (For reference wear MAC NC20, Shu Uemura FA Smoothing Fluid 774, Laura Mercier Cream Ivory), but it's not too drying and looks quite natural.

Guest illumine*

^ THAT is my fave cream-powder foundation and I was going to recommend it but I heard that's going to be replaced by Vitalumiere Aqua Compact Crème in a few months. Idk if the replacement is an improvement or entirely different from the Teint Innocence formulation... :(

You can wait for that release or... second recommendation: another vote for Vitalumiere Aqua foundation. I know you mentioned you don't prefer liquid, but this one is weightless. If people say NARS Sheer Glow is weightless, this is even more weightless (I have both). The application/finish looks like second skin, too.

P.S. Never, ever go for a shade lighter than your neck just for the sake of appearing brighter; that's what highlighters/luminizers are for. As a rule, your shade should MATCH your neck.

I don't think it smells like anything..

It's not a chemically smell, but it reminds me a bit of sunscreen? ^.^

I think I'm gonna give this one a shot. I'm sure my bf can handle the smell of sunscreen and if not then oh well! I just watched some reviews on how it works and it seem so awesome!

Guest vanilavheii

Lancome T'eint Miracle!

I once tried the sample and fall in love with it sadly don't have enough money to buy one x_____x  good coverage since I don't need much concealer anymore :) but don't use it if you don't like scented foundation x___x

i used to use revlon colorstay active foundation before they discontinued it. felt very light on the skin, natural finish, and buff matched my skintone pretty well.

now i'm currently testing mufe face & body foundation in #20. consistency and scent is so weird, but it looks very natural and feels light on the skin. hoping it doesn't break me out.

reference: sensitive/acne-prone, light skin with yellow undertones, flushes easily.

Archived