Do You Need Korean Help?

Jaeho

I'm assuming you're making something like this on your invoice?:

Total Payment: $...

합계: $...

*Your payment is due upon receipt (of invoice)

*대금은 송품장을 받으시는 즉시 지불하셔야 합니다.

or

*Your payment is due immediately.

*대금은 즉시 지불하셔야 합니다.

if you meant "Your payment is due upon receipt (of goods or services etc)" then a certain wording in the first sentence has to be changed so do inform if you want to know.

Or you can use the second sentence.

That was exactly what I was looking for!  Thank you  :)

Guest sudu1won

hey everyone,  pls help me out here. i need to use these sentences as part of my skit for my korean oral test haha

1. my favourite moment is when XXX (person's name) flips her hair during her part in the chorus

2. was it your idea to sing YY (song title) ? why did you choose this song?

the skit is just me and a friend talking about our kpop lols. 반말  is ok. thanks a lot!

1. 나는 이 노래 중에서 XXX이/가 머리칼을 홱 움직이는 장면이 가장 좋아.

2. 혹시 YY을/를 노래하는 건 너의 선택이었지?  왜 이 노래를 선택했니?

Guest moomoocows

I don't need any translations help but I am just curious what is an easy way to learn korean?

The reason I asked is because I feel like there's so much to learn and I don't know where to start. I am American-Chinese so I spoke Chinese regularly at home and practiced simple writing when I was young, so it wasn't difficult for me. I also learned Spanish in high school, but because the language uses basic ABC alphabets, I could pronounce the words as written.

As for Korean, I can't understand anything besides the few words, like mom, dad, hi, bye. And I can't read the hangul(I'm guessing that's what it's called.). To learn it, I feel like I need an english translation, the korean hangul(?), and the pronunciation transcribed in english.

So what's a good way to start learning it on your own? I want to at least be able to watch shows/dramas without the help of eng subs one day.

Guest sudu1won

what's the difference between 지금 and 이제?

consider the following examples;

지금 눈이 내린다

It's snowing now

이제 눈이 내린다 

It's snowing now (before this it didn't snow yet and now, it's snowing)

so 지금 just mean "right now, at this present moment" while 이제 has the nuance of after a certain period of time passed, something happens now.

지금 알겠다 

Right now I understand

이제 알겠다

Now I understand! (after all these time trying to figure it out)

지금 그만 해

Stop doing it right now

이제 그만 해

Stop doing it now (and don't ever do it anymore)

I hope you see the difference in nuance now.

Guest sudu1won

sudu won thanks a lot for your translation! just  a lil more help pls! thanks in advance!

1. could you give me a hug please?

2. can we take a picture together please? it would mean a lot to me.

1. 나를 좀 안아 줄래?

2. 나랑 같이 사진 찍어 줄래? 우리 사진은 내게 정말 소중하니까...

Hello, may i ask how do we ask for empty bowls in korean in a restaurant?

If it is not too troublesome could you please include the basic forms of the words used?

Also, is there a need to use counting units for bowls like when we order things we use gae? since bowl is like kinda a unit by itself, but what if we would like to get empty bowls?

I hope I am not too confusing! Please help me, thank you very much! ^^

This sounds random, but can someone help me translate this to my older male friend. We're very close, so 반말 is fine.

"I was looking through the photos and saw your new address on the chicken delivery box. Wow!! I'm not a stalker Haha"

Thank you~

Guest sudu1won

Hello, may i ask how do we ask for empty bowls in korean in a restaurant?

If it is not too troublesome could you please include the basic forms of the words used?

Also, is there a need to use counting units for bowls like when we order things we use gae? since bowl is like kinda a unit by itself, but what if we would like to get empty bowls?

I hope I am not too confusing! Please help me, thank you very much! ^^

(여기요,) 빈 그릇 두 개 좀 갖다 주세요

yes you can use 개 here when asking for an empty bowl

but you don't necessarily need to use 개 when you're asking for, say, a bowl of rice

밥 한 그릇 더 주세요

This sounds random, but can someone help me translate this to my older male friend. We're very close, so 반말 is fine.

"I was looking through the photos and saw your new address on the chicken delivery box. Wow!! I'm not a stalker Haha"

Thank you~

사진들을 훑어보다가 치킨 포장박스 위에 쓰인 너의 새 주소를 봤어. 와우!! 난 스토커 아니야 ㅎㅎ

Guest sudu1won

how to say: i am learning korean because of you, Cha Seung Won.

Thanks haha i am just learning korean now

저는 차승원 씨 때문에 한국말을 배우고 있어요

Thank GOD for this. My friend, my little sister and I are going to see SNSD tomorrow at their fan meet, so we're writing letters. Can someone please give me accurate translations of these:

[From my friend Chris, a boy]

"Dear SNSD,

I love music. Sunny, you are the best! A friend of mine recently introduced me to you. I really enjoyed meeting you, sometime soon, I hope to see you again.

Your fan forever,

Christopher"

[From me]

"Dear SNSD,

You truly are girl's generation. Your music helped me through a tough time in my life, when I was unsure of myself and cared too much about what others thought of me. I now know that I can be what I want to be, thank to your music. Please, my unnis, take care of yourselves and eat well. Always and forever a SONE.

Your biggest fan, 

Ri"

[From my little sister]

"To all of SNSD, 

When my older sister told me about your event, I was so excited! I can't believe I got to meet you. You guys are my favorite K-Pop group. Girl's Generation are my idols and people who I look up to. I love your music. Keep rocking!

Your fan forever,

Sammy"

Thanks to all who can help! Please post ASAP!

Guest sudu1won

Thank GOD for this. My friend, my little sister and I are going to see SNSD tomorrow at their fan meet, so we're writing letters. Can someone please give me accurate translations of these:

Enjoy the fan meeting! :D

[From my friend Chris, a boy]

"Dear SNSD,

I love music. Sunny, you are the best! A friend of mine recently introduced me to you. I really enjoyed meeting you, sometime soon, I hope to see you again.

Your fan forever,

Christopher"

소녀시대에게

저는 음악이 좋아요. 

써니 누나 가장 최고이세요! 

최근에 제 친한 친구가 누나를 소개해 줬어요. 

누나들을 만난게 정말 기쁘고 재밌게 잘 즐겨웠어요. 

언젠가는 누나들을 또 다시 만나기 바라요~

소녀시대 영원한 팬

크리스토퍼

* I assume he's younger than SNSD and calls them as 누나?

* whom does he actually refer to when he say "you"? Sunny alone or to all SNSD members?

[From me]

"Dear SNSD,

You truly are girl's generation. Your music helped me through a tough time in my life, when I was unsure of myself and cared too much about what others thought of me. I now know that I can be what I want to be, thank to your music. Please, my unnis, take care of yourselves and eat well. Always and forever a SONE.

Your biggest fan,

Ri"

소녀시대 언니들에게

언니들은 진짜로 소녀시대이시군요. 

소녀시대의 음악은 제 인생에 큰 어려움에서 벗어날 수 있도록 도와 줬어요. 

자신감이 없어 졌을 때도 남의 말에 신경 너무 썼을 때도 소녀시대 노래를 통해 다 잘 풀고 넘어 갔어요. 

언니들의 음악 덕분에 전 제가 원하는 사람이 될 수 있다는 게 이제 알게 되었어요. 

언니 몸조심 잘 하시고 골고루 잘 먹으세요~ ㅋㅋㅋ

처음부터 영원까지 SONE

소녀시대를 최고로 좋아하는 팬

[From my little sister]

"To all of SNSD,

When my older sister told me about your event, I was so excited! I can't believe I got to meet you. You guys are my favorite K-Pop group. Girl's Generation are my idols and people who I look up to. I love your music. Keep rocking!

Your fan forever,

Sammy"

소녀시대 언니들에게

제 언니가 소녀시대 언니들의 팬미팅 이벤트를 알려 줬을 때 전 정말 신났어요! 

언니들을 드디어 만난 걸 믿을 수가 없어요. 

언니들은 제가 가장 좋아하는 K-Pop 아이돌그룹이고용.

소녀시대는 제가 떠받들고 따르는 우상이에요. 

언니들의 노래를 다 듣기 좋아요. Keep rocking!

영원한 소녀시대 팬

새미

*I didn't translate "Keep rocking!" into Korean because I feel it's better to keep it that way :D

Guest sudu1won

*quoted image*

can someone help me read it? 

I can't figure out what the cursive korean word means.... 

I can't reaad it hahah 

하지만, 난 아떤 필연적인 굴레에 이끌려 새로운 사실 하나를 더 알게 되었다

but as I was bounded by some inevitable yoke, I came to know another new truth.

Guest jenandjeff

hi guys, I just made a thread about Etude's new skin care line and we are having some trouble completely understanding the products, features, and uses. If you have time please come and help translate some pictures or the product review (all links are provided in the thread). Thank you!!

http://www.soompi.com/forums/topic/374445-etude-house-skin-malgem/