in 1-2 years time, where do you wish to see yourself?

Guest matchamuffin

Guest matchamuffin

state your dreams, goals, imaginations for the future!

fearless.jpg

I just wanted to start this year off clean with my goals. Knowing that no pain means no gain, i want to revisit this thread to see if i've made the dream become a reality.

These are the things i hope and see myself become:

1. Graduated/near graduation from University, having a proper, stable job and earning cash that i can give to my family.

2. Thin/ at 45 kg, happy and confident.

3. Better relationships with family and friends.

4. Become an outgoing person with endless topics to talk about.

5. Be willing to accept, learn from opportunities and obstacles - being fearless.

:)

27/jan/2012

what about you? :)

I think this photo should be widespreaaaad! :D it's amazing and seriously sums up the kids of Gen-Y.

284169_10150266750528911_813858910_7394928_768682_n.jpg

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest followyourdreams.

Good idea for a thread! As for me, in 1 - 2 years time, I'll be half way through my degree I hope to be either...

1. Happy single with great friends or in a steady relationship

2. Doing really well in my degree, hopefully be on internship for a game design company or film company

3. I hope I become more outgoing and stay genuine & true to myself.

4. Feeling like I've made the right decision, whatever that may be.

In 1-2 years, I simply hope to see myself in a mirror, and not in some newspaper obituary or missing ad on the side of a milk carton.

Guest linhybear

1.In highschool, maintaining good grades while actually knowing what I'm learning about.

2.Be more confident about my self and my own abilities.

3.Carry out a healthy lifestyle; diet, relationship with others.

4.To enjoy life.

Guest zhuogenie

I wish to see myself graduating college in those times. But seeing that it's hard to get into my courses this semester, I'll still be in college for perhaps a year more. But, besides school, I wish to see myself more actively involve in community services as well as having an internship.

Guest monkeyinabarrel

1. alive... (please let 2012 be a lie mayans!)

2. in school making good grades

3. more positive and outgoing

4. be healthy and have more focus on things

5. happy

Guest cherrierus

In 1 year:

• Get a a job/ internship in an optometry clinic
  • Run/ bike more
  • Do stuff I've always wanted like sky diving, and zip lining

In 2 years:

• Finishing my last year of college
  • Accepted into optometry school
  • Cycling for a cause (100+ miles)

Guest The_Username

In 1-2 years I wish to see myself thinking about this day of January 27, so I can show myself I have good memory. Hopefully in a year or two I will bump this thread to show all of you my accomplishment.

Guest o________O

I'll either be on the verge of graduating from university, with a masters degree to follow.

On the other end of the spectrum, I might have given up my education because I'm already sick and tired of it, effectively destroying my future.

Currently going with the flow. As a professor once said, "circle around something you like to do and eventually you'll land." I used to meticulously plan these life goals and ambitions out of fear, not because I was fearless and able to face the realities of the present. 

I have to disagree with the second image. It does sum up Generation Y's unrealistic expectations of everything falling into place. I'm not here to shoot down hope but too much optimism clouds the brain. 

Guest Keayara

I have to disagree with the second image. It does sum up Generation Y's unrealistic expectations of everything falling into place. I'm not here to shoot down hope but too much optimism clouds the brain. 

Completely agree with this statement, although the message in the second picture is optimistic and reassuring, it's not necessarily good advice.

In about 2 years I'll probably be graduating uni (after such a long haul!) but aside from that, nothing is too certain. Hopefully happy.

Whatever I'm doing, wherever I'd be, I hope I would be an independent, happy lady. I wish to be someone who is able to frequently indulge in my passions or likes, not stress too much, be able to listen, read or watch a good story, be consistent with my studies, give to my community and just enjoy the company of those sincere few in my life.

Guest SillyyJenn

in two years i would love be graduating from uc berkeley with a bachelors in english.

hopefully somewhere with my teaching abroad plans and really prepared for work

in a very steady relationship.

Archived