Do You Need Korean Help?

Jaeho

Guest yang.runyu

(I knew that) I'm gonna sleep today while thinking of you,,,and (I knew that) I'm gonna wake up and live tomorrow as if nothing happened...

Thank you!!!

Is that something you say to a friend if a friend asks you, "안녕, 잘지내고 있는거지?"

The original quote is "난 오늘도 널 생각하며 잠이 들겠지,,, 그리곤 일어나서 아무렇지도 않은듯이 내일을 살겠지,,,“

Guest sudu1won

Thank you!!!

Is that something you say to a friend if a friend asks you, "안녕, 잘지내고 있는거지?"

The original quote is "난 오늘도 널 생각하며 잠이 들겠지,,, 그리곤 일어나서 아무렇지도 않은듯이 내일을 살겠지,,,“

well, that would depend on what is going on between the two friends...I just translated the whole sentence as it is, nothing less nothing more...whether it has a hidden meaning or not, that's not for me to answer, right? sweatingbullets.gif

...and you're welcome 

Guest Stoican

well, you can type Korean already and you're looking for the meaning of certain words only, then you can actually save a lot time by just using Naver's online dictionary, endic.naver.com

you're welcome :]

Thanks for helping,

I've already been through it a lot,

like 4 dictionaries if you include Google's too.

It's from a debug program, I can't give you much of any context.

• 2 weeks later...

발송해드렸습니다

Can someone please tell me what that sentence means? Some background is I was ordering something from gmarket and supposedly the seller sent to the wrong item. And now for the tracking, that's the statement there. Thanks!

Guest sudu1won

발송해드렸습니다

Can someone please tell me what that sentence means? Some background is I was ordering something from gmarket and supposedly the seller sent to the wrong item. And now for the tracking, that's the statement there. Thanks!

it says,

"the item has been sent"

Guest sudu1won

@oKamja

could you give the full sentence where you found 백남아? without context, it's hard to give a translation with much certainty.

이번 means this current or upcoming time. I'm sure someone whos better studied will be able to give a more grammatical explanation, but can give some examples

이번만

Just this once

이번 사람

This (new) person

이번 한 번만 용서해 주세요

Please forgive me this once.

Thank you for the explanation!

Another question,

What is the literal meaning of the word: 

맞췄어요

공을 던져서 친구를 맞췄어요

I was trying to say I threw the ball and hit my friend (때리다), but supposedly I was suggested to use 맞췄어요. ]Thanks!

Guest sudu1won

Thank you for the explanation!

Another question,

What is the literal meaning of the word: 

맞췄어요

공을 던져서 친구를 맞췄어요

I was trying to say I threw the ball and hit my friend (때리다), but supposedly I was suggested to use 맞췄어요. ]Thanks!

I threw the ball and it hit my friend

(내가) 공을 던져서 친구에 맞았어요 >>my suggestion

맞추다 is one of the most confused word in the Korean language, alongside with 맞히다 and how both of these words correlate with 맞다. In colloquial Korean, a lot of people use 맞추다 to mean "..to get hit..." or "...to get the correct answer..." but according to the standard Korean dictionary, 맞추다 is listed with three main definitions:

1] to piece several parts together (as in puzzle etc), to assemble parts

2] to compare/check two or more things ( as in to check answers etc)

3] to adjust/match sth with sth ( as in to match colors etc in clothes your wear)

>> http://kin.naver.com...ch_sort=0&spq=0 

your original sentence, 공을 던져서 친구를 때렸어요 isn't necessarily wrong, grammar-wise. It's just that most of the time when 때리다 is used with a human as the subject and object, it has the meaning of hitting someone with hand or with something in your hand (and not something you throw from your hands) and so, your original sentence sounds a bit awkward when you use it with 던지다. It (your original sentence) sounds as if you threw the ball but then you hit your friend with a ball in your hands.

hope this helps!

Guest Original Doll

Hi guys, could someone help me translate this please?

좋은하루 보내고,세일기간 맘껏 즐겨요~

What I understood is that the person is wishing me a happy day (right? idk correct me ^^; )

Anyway, I hope someone could help me translate it, and perhaps suggest a way I could reply to it

Guest sudu1won

Hi guys, could someone help me translate this please?

좋은하루 보내고,세일기간 맘껏 즐겨요~

What I understood is that the person is wishing me a happy day (right? idk correct me ^^; )

yes, you were correct.

"Have a good day and enjoy (shopping during) the sale period~"

Anyway, I hope someone could help me translate it, and perhaps suggest a way I could reply to it

A simple 네, 고마워요~ 잘 즐길게요! would do.

...I can't really think any fancy replies off the top of my head right now sweatingbullets.gif

Guest Original Doll

yes, you were correct.

"Have a good day and enjoy (shopping during) the sale period~"

A simple 네, 고마워요~ 잘 즐길게요! would do.

...I can't really think any fancy replies off the top of my head right now

*quote*

Aw~ So clear and precise, thank you! =)

and yes I don't have a fancy answer myself... so that'll pretty much suffice ^^

I'm working on a korean/american invoice template.  

Can someone tell me the professional wording for "Due Upon Receipt".  A lot of our customers are Korean and do not undersand "Due Upon Receipt"/ Due Immediately

On the invoice, I have a line that says "Your payment is: ___________".  In there I need it to say both in English & Korean, "Due Upon Receipt" and the Korean equivalent of that.  Just the portion in quotes.  It could also be "Due Immediately", which ever will be shorter and more professional.  Thank you!  

Guest sudu1won

I'm working on a korean/american invoice template.  

Can someone tell me the professional wording for "Due Upon Receipt".  A lot of our customers are Korean and do not undersand "Due Upon Receipt"/ Due Immediately

On the invoice, I have a line that says "Your payment is: ___________".  In there I need it to say both in English & Korean, "Due Upon Receipt" and the Korean equivalent of that.  Just the portion in quotes.  It could also be "Due Immediately", which ever will be shorter and more professional.  Thank you!  

I'm assuming you're making something like this on your invoice?:

Total Payment: $...

합계: $...

*Your payment is due upon receipt (of invoice)

*대금은 송품장을 받으시는 즉시 지불하셔야 합니다.

or

*Your payment is due immediately.

*대금은 즉시 지불하셔야 합니다.

if you meant "Your payment is due upon receipt (of goods or services etc)" then a certain wording in the first sentence has to be changed so do inform if you want to know.

Or you can use the second sentence.

Guest nervtron

I want to practice speaking Korea more this year but it's difficult for me to make Korean friends. Can someone help me

find a Daum cafe or site where I can meet some Koreans...for language exchange?

Guest Dara-chan

I was wondering...I hear a lot of girls calling their boyfriends oppa. My Korean book tells me that oppa is used by a female speaking to an older male. So, that being said, would I use oppa if I had a younger boyfriend?

^ lol i dont think so... since oppa is the way girls address older guys. but maybe ur bf could find it cute if u called him oppa? lol i think a korean would be better able to answer u haha

hey everyone, pls help me out here. i need to use these sentences as part of my skit for my korean oral test haha

1. my favourite moment is when XXX (person's name) flips her hair during her part in the chorus

2. was it your idea to sing YY (song title) ? why did you choose this song?

Guest sudu1won

I was wondering...I hear a lot of girls calling their boyfriends oppa. My Korean book tells me that oppa is used by a female speaking to an older male. So, that being said, would I use oppa if I had a younger boyfriend?

If your younger boyfriend says he wants to be called oppa (which he most probably wants to), then by all means of course you can.

Some Koreans think this is outright weird. Some think it's cute.

So it's not completely rare to find an older girl calling her young beau oppa.

Besides you don't have to tell everyone that your boyfriend is younger than you, right? happy.gif

hey everyone,  pls help me out here. i need to use these sentences as part of my skit for my korean oral test haha

1. my favourite moment is when XXX (person's name) flips her hair during her part in the chorus

2. was it your idea to sing YY (song title) ? why did you choose this song?

perhaps you can enlighten me first on the nature of your skit? whether you are talking to just friend or to someone older than you.

you know, whether to use 반말 or 존댓말 in the translation. smile.gif