P E T S! All About Pets, Pets Pets Pets!

Guest DOVAHKIIN

I've been wondering about this for a while, why does my cats do this? o-o I have 2 cats who did this, including this one. Is there something wrong with their tummy or legs or something, cos the other cats in my house doesn't do that lol. Its a funny sight though :x

my cat does it too sometimes--usually if she's really warm--if they want to be cool, they lie on the tile/lino/whatever isn't warm-- covering the floor. lol If there isn't anything abnormal about the way they act--don't seem to be in pain if you touch their legs or stomachs--it's probably that they're just comfortable that way.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest hishari

that's adorable. although i wouldn't let my dog sleep on my bed*quoted image*.

so i have a question. about 8/9 weeks ago my cat gave birth to 4 kittens and they're now at the age they can leave for their new owners (we have 3 cats already of which one is from my cat's earlier nest). not even 5 minutes after we put the ad up on the internet this lady called saying she owned a pet store and wanted to take all 4 kittens in. it's not usual for pet stores in my area to sell cats/dogs so this might just be me being paranoia, but i was wondering if i should trust this or not, especially since my mom immediately came up with a story she heard of kittens being bought and then killed*quoted image*. the store is simply too far away for me to go check it out, but i saw their website and it looks quite credible. one other problem is that one of the kittens is deaf. my cat's previous nest had a full white deaf cat as well and we were lucky to find a nice enough girl to take her in. not that i'm afraid of the cats actually being killed xD, but i was wondering if they'll at least be taken good care of and not given away to the first random person walking in the store. you know how it goes with these salespeople..

excusez moi for writing such a long post.

Perhaps you should think of getting your cat fixed. There are way too many kittens and cats killed everyday in shelters because of owners not fixing their pets.

I have a pug and jack russell mix.  I adopted him a year ago, and he just turned two.  

It's hard taking pics of him cause he never sits still.  

U____________________________________U;

Anybody own a pug or a jack russell?

Can I ask you something?

I am really considering getting a pug puppy, I already have a Doberman x border collie mix he is really docile and used to other dogs...but does your pug cross get along with other dogs?  I'd love to have them together but Im worried they wont work well together -.- I have never had a pug before so I don't know very well what they are like

• 3 weeks later...
Guest baltos-varnos

I have a pug and jack russell mix.  I adopted him a year ago, and he just turned two.  

It's hard taking pics of him cause he never sits still.  

U____________________________________U;

Anybody own a pug or a jack russell?

hi there.. (: (: i am thinking of getting a pug, but all my friends tell me that he is going to make me crazy. they are saying that i will have to take a special care of him, that pugs are very needy dogs and etc. so i just want to know if its true....rolleyes.gif

hi there.. (: (: i am thinking of getting a pug, but all my friends tell me that he is going to make me crazy. they are saying that i will have to take a special care of him, that pugs are very needy dogs and etc. so i just want to know if its true....*quoted image*

All dogs can essentially be needy. It depends on how you've raised them and whether or not they develop any problems like seperation anxiety, which pretty much ties you down to them and you'd need to give them constant attention.

If you feel you don't have enough time to deal with a needy dog, make sure you actually have time for a dog at all, because you can't just return/exchange a dog like a shirt because s/he's not to your liking.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest UVERfan

I have a cat) he is so cute and fluffy) i like when i am watching TV and he comes and sits on me)

I also have a cat. They usually follow you everywhere and disturbs you, when you are doing some homework. But I still prefer cats over dogs.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a dog. She's a Japanese Pitch breed and she's such a diva.  lol  Always wants the attention on her, but then she's so cute.  We named her Bubbles.

Guest JOOHYOEN

she spent nine lives...

she's only 4month old...baby.......oh, no...poor kitty

although  i took my cat in to pet hospital but she left behind..very next day...

did your cat (or pet) ever got 

feline panleukopenia  (Parbovirus)?

Guest Reese77

I have to Chihuahua's 1 is 3lbs and the other is about 8 lbs...Thinking about getting an english bulldog...does anyone know if these breeds tend to get along good?

Has anyone attempted teeth cleaning with an agressive dog?

I've tried Googling methods online but none of them seem to be working for me. I've tried calming collars, "soothing aromas", letting her smell the toothpaste, getting her used to the brush... and many more things, but once my fingers get near her mouth, she'll snap at me and run away (her personality overall is very agressive). I'm not comfortable with constantly putting her under anesthesia at the vet for cleaning because I know there's always that risk that she won't wake up or it will permanently damage her, so I'm trying to go for a natural method.

I don't seem to have this problem with my other dog. He loves taking baths, teeth cleaning, brushing.. he just sits there and acts cute and kisses me to thank me when I'm done. I wish my girl was like him.

There's a type of dry kibble (this one) that's supposed to help teeth. They're larger in size than your average kibble, so when they chew, it's meant to have some sort of friction-ish effect on the tooth surface and chip away the plaque (that's a horrible description, sorry). Also, have you tried giving him bones? Different people have different opinions about them... I know there are always the risks of impaction, broken teeth, choking, etc., but they DO work quite well. And of course, there are always those dentastick things, but... nothing is perfect or can be as good as a scale + polish at the vets. How bad do her teeth get, and how old is she?

There's a type of dry kibble (this one) that's supposed to help teeth. They're larger in size than your average kibble, so when they chew, it's meant to have some sort of friction-ish effect on the tooth surface and chip away the plaque (that's a horrible description, sorry). Also, have you tried giving him bones? Different people have different opinions about them... I know there are always the risks of impaction, broken teeth, choking, etc., but they DO work quite well. And of course, there are always those dentastick things, but... nothing is perfect or can be as good as a scale + polish at the vets. How bad do her teeth get, and how old is she?

Thanks for your input.

After looking at the beginning ingredient list of that kibble (Brewers Rice, Whole Grain Corn, Chicken By-Product Meal, Powdered Cellulose, Pork Fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols and citric acid), Soybean Mill Run, Chicken Liver Flavor), it contains a high amount of grains and the protein is a by-product (similar to us eating a high amount of carbs and processed meat, like sausages, which I don't feel is healthy) so I wouldn't go that approach, personally...

I've settled for just water and a baby toothbrush right now, and at least the plaque is slowly coming off.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest nobody knows

my uncle's pom died earlier today

tumblr_luyyg3bdCL1qa2mi5o1_r1_500.jpg

he was 8 years old and lived a happy life

I only regret that I didn't get to see him more often because he lives in Taiwan

RIP Mango I love you♥

I was just wondering if cats can get cuddly like dogs?

I've had one long long ago but it seemed really cold towards me T_____________T

Sure they can. You just have to be patient and not expect the cat to slobber at you like some dogs do. But cats do need affection, so shower kitty with love and care, and get it to learn to trust you. My kitty likes to come over for cuddles often :)

Guest Malice_Kaiser

I was just wondering if cats can get cuddly like dogs?

I've had one long long ago but it seemed really cold towards me T_____________T

Yes, of course. My cat is so cuddly it's obnoxious... all she ever wants to do is cuddle. All my sister's cats are the best cuddlers; they're like kitty versions of teddy bears <3

Photoon28-11-11at822PM2.jpg

Here's my love, my life, my everything!! Haha :)

My kitten loves to suck on my fingers... Should I be worried? She'll usually search for our fingers around 3-4 times a day but I don't want to turn it into a habit. Will she grow out of it?

And also, she doesn't seem to like the food we're giving her. She used to like them, but she suddenly lost interest? I don't know what food she likes, and it's making me worry. sometimes she doesn't eat her food and she will disturb us when we're eating ours..If only I could speak to her in cat lingo and understand what she wants..:(

Archived