SM Global Auditions 2012

Guest starzXshinee

Guest starzXshinee

It is written on Koreaboo's website. Also, dates have been announced but not venues.

I hope LA's audition is not in the Wilshire building. >.<

Is anyone else thinking of auditioning?

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest MyNameIs_Luka

It is written on Koreaboo's website. Also, dates have been announced but not venues.

I hope LA's audition is not in the Wilshire building. >.<

Is anyone else thinking of auditioning?

Ooh I am definitely auditioning. Just for fun though lol. After awhile auditioning Live for these types of companies I now mainly go to meet new people than to actually hoping they will pick me ;)

Guest starzXshinee

I disagree with the 'for fun' part just because a lot of people do that and waste the judges time and, to be honest, they are not even that good. But I have seen the video of you singing on the SSK site and I wish you would audition seriously so you can become a great solo artist! :lol:

But your choice~

I think the friend making part is great though! Totally calms down everyone's nerves!

Guest MyNameIs_Luka

I disagree with the 'for fun' part just because a lot of people do that and waste the judges time and, to be honest, they are not even that good. But I have seen the video of you singing on the SSK site and I wish you would audition seriously so you can become a great solo artist! :lol:

But your choice~

I think the friend making part is great though! Totally calms down everyone's nerves!

^I agree with you :) I just meant that I won't go into this audition with high expectations of getting picked. Of course I will give it my all and try my hardest but I because of my age I know my chances are pretty slim -_- I will have fun but will give all that I got into this auditin..>Does that make sense lol? :sweatingbullets:

Guest Lucia111

I thought I was crazy because on the requirements the word on the right is anyone :o wich means.... now it's really any person! :o Unfortunately it's not in my country xD and the dates are bad for me xD 

Guest iwanttobekorean

Too bad there is no audition in Europe.... I'll give it try through youtube though :)

Good luck to everyone who will participate !!!

Guest smileycenter

Did you guys read the directions for youtube on the actual SM site? It says if you submit it through youtube, they'll then give you an email confirmation with the time/place of your audition. Does that mean you still have to go to an actual city to audition? Kinda pointless then to have "youtube auditions" for people who still can't make it to those cities right? Someone please correct me if i'm understanding incorrectly -____-.

Guest MyNameIs_Luka

Did you guys read the directions for youtube on the actual SM site? It says if you submit it through youtube, they'll then give you an email confirmation with the time/place of your audition. Does that mean you still have to go to an actual city to audition? Kinda pointless then to have "youtube auditions" for people who still can't make it to those cities right? Someone please correct me if i'm understanding incorrectly -____-.

The YouTube auditions are seperate from the Global Auditions. Global auditions are held sporadically in a once a year or so basis, where you can audition live only on the set date of the USA Audition. Whereas for YouTube it is held all year round, can be submitted anytime but the only downside is if they want to see you personally their is only two ways of auditioning live: which is either at their LA headquarters in CA or go to Korea to their main headquarters. If you somehow coincidentally submit your vid on YouTube during the time they are planning their Global audition, will they then ask you to come to their designated open audition area to audition live.

Guest smileycenter

The YouTube auditions are seperate from the Global Auditions. Global auditions are held sporadically in a once a year or so basis, where you can audition live only on the set date of the USA Audition. Whereas for YouTube it is held all year round, can be submitted anytime but the only downside is if they want to see you personally their is only two ways of auditioning live: which is either at their LA headquarters in CA or go to Korea to their main headquarters. If you somehow coincidentally submit your vid on YouTube during the time they are planning their Global audition, will they then ask you to come to their designated open audition area to audition live.

Yeah I know they're separate but it's just that the way they advertised it on the everysing page, it almost seems like the youtube auditions are part of the global auditions. I was just hoping that people could pass through youtube :) oh wellll

Guest MyNameIs_Luka

Yeah I know they're separate but it's just that the way they advertised it on the everysing page, it almost seems like the youtube auditions are part of the global auditions. I was just hoping that people could pass through youtube :) oh wellll

Yeah nobody passes just through YouTube alone. YouTube is only the first phase of auditions. The second and third phase are probably the live auditions.

Guest starzXshinee

^I agree with you :) I just meant that I won't go into this audition with high expectations of getting picked. Of course I will give it my all and try my hardest but I because of my age I know my chances are pretty slim -_- I will have fun but will give all that I got into this auditin..>Does that make sense lol? :sweatingbullets:

Oh yeah, it totally makes sense! ^^

I think everyone's biggest problem is going to an audition with high expectations. Well that, and low confidence.

Guest MyNameIs_Luka

On the SM Audition site they are already ready to accept people who wants to register early.

Here is the source: 2012 Global Audition Process

And good luck to everyone ^_^

EDIT: I just realized for the dancing section you are not allowed to bring your own CD to dance to. They will give you the song to dance to. That must suck for people who wants to audition for dancing since they want more of a freestyle dance than a choreographed one:/

Guest LucKy#1

im am sooooo goin!!!! i couldnt go to the smtown in nyc concert because of stupid exams tmrw!! i hate my school!! cuz i will also miss the snsd fanmeet!!! but i am definitely gonna go audition!

Guest MyNameIs_Luka

will they stop by SF? o.o i can't go to LA for this >.>

If you go to the SMtown site they already have the locations and date out. And yes San Francisco is one of the places they will hold their auditions.

Guest MyNameIs_Luka

wait so u have to do both the email application and the youtube? i thought that u can choose from the methods

No you don't have to do YouTube. The YouTube auditions have nothing to do with the global auditions.

Guest b2stbaaby

I want to audition... but it sucks that no one comes ever comes to Australia.. besides the ONE time JYP came, but they ONLY went to Sydney -.-

Archived