Post Your Mp3 Player

awdark

Guest fireball50

Samsung YH-820

Capacity: 5gb

Format: Hard drive

Features: Relatively small and thin, picture viewer, voice recorder

Battery: Internal Battery

Player Interface: MP3, WMA, Secure WMA, Janus Upgradeable, Ogg Vorbis, and JPEG image file playback

1.6-inch CSTN Color LCD (65K color) for Picture Viewing at 128 x 96 resolution, Includes ID3-tag update software, stereo earphones, a USB cable, a belt clip, and a line-input cable

Price: around $200 but i'm sure price went lower

My view: This is one horrible piece of equipment. Headphones are bad, it freezes on you often, slow booting time and broke after 9 months after i purchased it. Battery life is around 5-6 hours. The only thing good about it is the voice recorder. I'd never be able to survive my lectures without this feature. 3 out of 10

Please keep the reviews coming. I am looking for a new mp3 player at the moment after this piece of junk died out on me last week.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest NASRI22

to tomacko.source.net

iaudio says 35hrs

but in reality u get around 30 with good settings and no fiddling

with fiddling you get a bit less

neways people dont buy it since..you can get an ipod for the same amount and its the size of a 4g

also iaudio isnt that well known compared to apple

true. now you make a good point ahaha. but the battery life is pretty dam good for something that can play videos aswelllll

Guest miranduh

hmm it seems that the creative zen nano is one of the best and it's pretty inexpensive ^____^ this thread helps because it's better than ads glorifying them get to hear the real stuff lol thanks =D

Guest chibifry

Creative MuVo TX 256 MB

muvotxsenoirnoir_s.jpg

My first mp3 player, flash memory. It was all around EXCELLENT! Used it for over a year, and then one day it just stopped working. I have no idea why - but it did. And so it went into the garbage can. It was super easy to upload songs. All I did was drag and drop into the "removable" folder since one would treat it like a memory stick. 256MB was a bit small for me, but it still was good enough since it was my first player. The screen lit up blue and the text was a bit small, but the player itself was very small (2 finger size) so I loved it. SUPER light, super small.. all around fantastic. Wonderful sound quality. It was definately a great investment. I would give it a 10/10.

iRiver h10

319x358_h10_6GB_neosilver.jpg

My 2nd mp3 player. It has photo viewing capabilities, but the photos tend to load slowly (at first only) but after repeating the viewing process over and over again, it becomes very quick, so there's no waiting time. At first I had troubles with this mp3 player. After having a very easy player like the Creative MuVo, that is. I had to download several service packs and get help from my dad because I was so confused and lost as to why my new player was not working on my computer. After several days, several downloads of this and that it had finally worked. After that it was a smooth ride for a good 10 months. The color is great, the design is beautiful, obviously - and even though I dropped it several times it didn't break or scratch, which was pretty impressive. The earphones aren't the best - you can definately get better ones. I really liked the FM tuner because I would get sick of my playlist sometimes. There is text viewing capability which I never could figure out. After the 10 months, my player started to act .. weird. It was completely buggy. I would select songs and it would play all the wrong songs, several times my entire playlist would be cleared without me doing anything. The battery bar would show the wrong amount of battery. It wouldn't completely turn off. And worst of all, it started playing static. The music would get all static - y and from there on, I couldn't use the player anymore. I don't know where the warranty is , so I was forced to buy a new mp3 player. I would honestly NOT recommend this player to ANYBODY! At first it seems wonderful but many many MANY people have had problems with the iRiver h10! iRiver overall is an amazing mp3 player brand, but I think iRiver h10 model just needs more work. I would rate it 6.5/10, because although while I used it , it was wonderful, the performance didn't even last a year - I was very disappointed.

Guest dearpaperheart.

795-angle.jpg

iFP-795 512MB - some asswipe stole it.

It had 512 MB capacity, which was good enough for me.

It held roughly 100 songs so it was fine.

The headphones it comes with are pretty crappy.

The shuffle didn't shuffle ALL the songs which bothered me but all players do that.

The battery life was good I guess, I only owned it for like 2 months before it got stolen.

It runs on a AAA battery I think and I'd never changed it.

The transferring software froze on my computer a LOT because when I opened my music folder, there were too many songs to load.

I only had around 3000 songs btw.

But it was still prettty good. The battery life was great since it only had a small LCD screen.

It has a radio but I never used it lol. The reception wasn't too good in a car though I recall.

I don't remember the exact price since my dad bought it for me but it was around $179.99 CAD. It's dropped a lot in price now.

For WMAs it held roughly 100, and for my MP3s roughly 56.

I have this MP3 player too, mine is red though. I got it for my birthday which was in December.

I've only had this for 2 or 3 months tops, and the earphones just stopped working a couple of weeks back.

I agree, they weren't so great either.

Battery life, it was great, because of the small LCD screen.

Transferring of songs program, kept lagging on my computer.

The price I got this for was around $129.99 - $149.99 CAD.

iRiver h10

319x358_h10_6GB_neosilver.jpg

My 2nd mp3 player. It has photo viewing capabilities, but the photos tend to load slowly (at first only) but after repeating the viewing process over and over again, it becomes very quick, so there's no waiting time. At first I had troubles with this mp3 player. After having a very easy player like the Creative MuVo, that is. I had to download several service packs and get help from my dad because I was so confused and lost as to why my new player was not working on my computer. After several days, several downloads of this and that it had finally worked. After that it was a smooth ride for a good 10 months. The color is great, the design is beautiful, obviously - and even though I dropped it several times it didn't break or scratch, which was pretty impressive. The earphones aren't the best - you can definately get better ones. I really liked the FM tuner because I would get sick of my playlist sometimes. There is text viewing capability which I never could figure out. After the 10 months, my player started to act .. weird. It was completely buggy. I would select songs and it would play all the wrong songs, several times my entire playlist would be cleared without me doing anything. The battery bar would show the wrong amount of battery. It wouldn't completely turn off. And worst of all, it started playing static. The music would get all static - y and from there on, I couldn't use the player anymore. I don't know where the warranty is , so I was forced to buy a new mp3 player. I would honestly NOT recommend this player to ANYBODY! At first it seems wonderful but many many MANY people have had problems with the iRiver h10! iRiver overall is an amazing mp3 player brand, but I think iRiver h10 model just needs more work. I would rate it 6.5/10, because although while I used it , it was wonderful, the performance didn't even last a year - I was very disappointed.

Did the warranty end already?

Sounds like mass corruption of the hard drive. A format/firmware flash might fix it.

Girl asking about creative, im pretty sure those aren't upgradable =(

iAudio X5L

Capacity: 30gb

Format: 1.8in Toshiba

Features:FM Radio, Line-in recording, Movie playback, Schedule things, USB host, OGG & FLAC compatible, text file viewing, lyrics support, Mass storage compliant

Battery: They say 35, but i get 30 with straight music and 23-27 if i mess with it

Player Interface: Joystick, buttons along the side like hold and A-B

Software: Customisible filetree setup, strong equalizer. It can download music from other things using usb host, records pretty high quality

Price: $315 USD

x5_1_11.jpg

ah, yes, i have this and i loveeee it<33 it's pretty thick, but i personally prefer it that wayy...i have an issue with breaking things ._. anyways, i normally get around 27~29 hours of battery life, so i usually only have to charge it once every few days...and i listen to it EVERY day. but the thing i love most is that it's so hardy. i've had mine for about...a year now? but it looks like i've had it for less than a month<333 and yes, i HAVE dropped it more than a few times.

a few cons: the video playback ;_; the quality of the picture is definitely not that good...also, you can't play pictures with music in the background. as soon as you go to view pictures, the music switches off.

Guest NASRI22

ah, yes, i have this and i loveeee it<33 it's pretty thick, but i personally prefer it that wayy...i have an issue with breaking things ._. anyways, i normally get around 27~29 hours of battery life, so i usually only have to charge it once every few days...and i listen to it EVERY day. but the thing i love most is that it's so hardy. i've had mine for about...a year now? but it looks like i've had it for less than a month<333 and yes, i HAVE dropped it more than a few times.

a few cons: the video playback ;_; the quality of the picture is definitely not that good...also, you can't play pictures with music in the background. as soon as you go to view pictures, the music switches off.

if i was to get anything over 20hours with a video player i wouldnt really be complaining hehehe =)

it sounds like that mp3player is pretty buggy.. mmm maybe it's not so good at all.

tried a firmware upgrade fix?

Guest chibifry

Did the warranty end already?

Sounds like mass corruption of the hard drive. A format/firmware flash might fix it.

Girl asking about creative, im pretty sure those aren't upgradable =(

Firmware didnt work =/ Sad :(

Warranty -- I cant remember where I bought it from. Its ok. I bought a new player & Im waiting for it to arrive. :D

Guest happyroach

^that is sooo sucky =((

one q..the creative could you really use it as a normal memory stick for files and such?? =)

Yeah you can. I tried storing a small video file in mine (zen nano 512mb, but very similar to the muvo series) and it worked fine.

Guest jammmie

IMG_1955.jpg

only compatible with itunes, meaning for me about 500 of my songs are strictly windows media compatible so it could not be loaded on to my nano. If someone knows how to change windows media file songs so its able to play on itunes, PLEASE do tell.

I think when you drag those songs into your library on itunes you can right click on them and click on convert selection to MP3 (or they should automatically ask you if you want to convert them.. cause that's what it says for me). then transfer the converted files onto your ipod.. and you can also adjust the conversion settings for quality and other things under iTunes preferences > Advanced.

Btw, where did you get your case? it's too cute hehe.

Guest MUSTARD*

i'm looking to buy a new mp3 player.. after reading those reviews.. im still not sure which to get >_<

my price range is around AUSTRALIAN $500.. i'm looking towards ipod 30gb.. but if it's not really easy to use i dont want it XD

- MUSTARD*

Guest NASRI22

i'm looking to buy a new mp3 player.. after reading those reviews.. im still not sure which to get >_<

my price range is around AUSTRALIAN $500.. i'm looking towards ipod 30gb.. but if it's not really easy to use i dont want it XD

- MUSTARD*

try a creative zen vision:m . goood battery life and good space. less problems than the ipod but looks a little chunkier

Guest miranduh

Yeah you can. I tried storing a small video file in mine (zen nano 512mb, but very similar to the muvo series) and it worked fine.

thanks =)

Firmware didnt work =/ Sad :(

Warranty -- I cant remember where I bought it from. Its ok. I bought a new player & Im waiting for it to arrive. :D

Where you buy it from doesnt matter, just bother iriver about it. See if they can fix it. One of my primary goals here (on soompi) is to make sure people dont get ripped off. :) (ex geeksquad is ripoff, buying ram from a big retailer usually a ripoff... dont throw a computer away because of spyware (free pentium4 because of that hehe) etc..)

If you could have them fix it, you might get some money for it. If not, can I have it for parts :w00t: lol im just kidding.

Guest *rashiDah

Creative MuVo TX 256 MB

muvotxsenoirnoir_s.jpg

My first mp3 player, flash memory. It was all around EXCELLENT! Used it for over a year, and then one day it just stopped working. I have no idea why - but it did. And so it went into the garbage can. It was super easy to upload songs. All I did was drag and drop into the "removable" folder since one would treat it like a memory stick. 256MB was a bit small for me, but it still was good enough since it was my first player. The screen lit up blue and the text was a bit small, but the player itself was very small (2 finger size) so I loved it. SUPER light, super small.. all around fantastic. Wonderful sound quality. It was definately a great investment. I would give it a 10/10.

Yeah, that was my first mp3 too!

Oh gosh. I definitely give it a 10/10 too.

Then one day (about a year into owning it), my friends borrowed and after without saying anything they returned it and i turned it on and the sound was extremely distorted. I looked at the settings and everything was fine, and when i asked them they replied "Oh, yeah.. we noticed that too.. It was like that when we got it." Argh, it was not! My parents kindly bought my rechargable batteries and the charger which cost them $60 the previous day because they knew how much i used it!! So i'm am now mp3less and it's killing me when i'm at school with no music. =[

But anyway, definitely a great mp3 player, the sound quality was really good too and i think i might save up (yet again) to get the same one although in larger memory.

Guest NASRI22

Yeah, that was my first mp3 too!

Oh gosh. I definitely give it a 10/10 too.

Then one day (about a year into owning it), my friends borrowed and after without saying anything they returned it and i turned it on and the sound was extremely distorted. I looked at the settings and everything was fine, and when i asked them they replied "Oh, yeah.. we noticed that too.. It was like that when we got it." Argh, it was not! My parents kindly bought my rechargable batteries and the charger which cost them $60 the previous day because they knew how much i used it!! So i'm am now mp3less and it's killing me when i'm at school with no music. =[

But anyway, definitely a great mp3 player, the sound quality was really good too and i think i might save up (yet again) to get the same one although in larger memory.

i have that mp3player too.. mine had a problem with the sound too.. the cord would move and it would cut in and out.. but warranty fixed it (they sent me a new one :D)

but i wouldnt give it a 10/10... the AAA's cost me quite a lot... and when i boguht a 30pack.. the mp3player had to go back to Warranty.. and i bought my new samsung (with LiON battery... so AAA useless).. it cost me a lot for the mp3player and the AAA's altogether.. so i dont think it's all that greta.. considering its nothing that special.

Archived