Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Exclusive 2NE1 Lonely Cover Contest Discussion Thread

melkimxmelkimx momoPosts: 6,066Administrator

ADMIN

edited May 2011 in k-pop
Announcing a very exciting contest:

Hey Blackjack Soompiers,

Are you an enthusiastic performer or artist?  Then get out the video camera and get out there!  Your favorite girl group is holding a video contest, and they want YOU to participate!  From today until June 21, 2NE1 will be accepting submissions for the 2NE1 Lonely Cover Contest on YouTube!

Here's the deal:

393566_large.jpg393567_large.jpg

Why should you enter?

One, the members of 2NE1 will screen your entry!  (Wouldn't it be pretty cool if the four girls could see how talented you really are?) 

Two, the winner will receive an all-expenses paid trip to attend 2NE1's first-ever solo concert this summer, as well as a personal tour of the YG headquarters!  Wow!

So what are we doing here?

Well, this thread is for you to discuss the contest

-- any questions, advice, or comments you have can go here.  And yes, it will be linked on the 2NE1 official website!

Links:

2NE1 YouTube Page
2NE1 Facebook Page
2NE1 Official Website
YG Entertainment Official Website

sjaikbcristina0422yledblasian_chicxoxMan98*xiahdreamsMzKyunonblondelizamae11ailannguyenoyevvBBViPNinaBBLoverXDparadicez
·

Replies

• hachi_707hachi_707 Hachi Posts: 79Member
    Ok I have a doubt.. everybody in the comments are yelling that they don't have good voice but the image says "COVER VIDEO" so you don't have to sing right O_o?
    r24uit.jpg

2ne1 ♥ / MISS A

·
  • pure.sophiesticationpure.sophiestication ;) Posts: 1,316Friend of Soompi
    edited May 2011
    hachi_707 wrote on 14 May 2011 - 03:11 PM:

Ok I have a doubt.. everybody in the comments are yelling that they don't have good voice but the image says "COVER VIDEO" so you don't have to sing right O_o?

don't think you have to sing. it says 'amaze us with your creativity,' so you could sing, dance or pretty much do anything as long as you base the video off 'LONELY'
    miGD96
    ·
  • melkimxmelkimx momoPosts: 6,066Administrator

ADMIN

hi, we had questions about this too, so we asked YG.  they said they want fans to freely rearrange the song and reproduce it as they wish, so basically it's both... it doesn't necessarily have to include both dancing and singing.

hope that helps!

·
  • Lilsparky67Lilsparky67 Posts: 4New Member
    I have a question. What does it mean by, "Team?" What if the person you want to team up with lives somewhere else and you live somewhere else? Would they accommodate the both of us?

Another thing, do you have to show your face in the video?

Thank you.
    xiahdreams
    ·
  • tockitocki Posts: 97Member
    hey there, this sounds awesome.

But i'm confused with the rules, so does "cover" version mean we have to redo the song (as in sing, play or remix?)

Can't we just use the original song and cut a musicvideo (dancevideo) based on it? or would that entry be invalid??
    PLEASE DELETE MY ACCOUNT.I'VE WAITED OEVR A YEAR NOW; AND NOTHING HAPPENED: I CAN' EVEN LOG OUT: PLEASE FREEZE IT:
    ·
  • renKa002renKa002 Posts: 122Member
    When they mean cover, does that mean as long as we use the song... we can interpret it our own way? By either lip syncing or signing it ourselves, dancing, make a parody  or even just remixing the original video?

Clarification on this will be loved!
    ·
  • jungeunseokjungeunseok Posts: 60Member
    uhm so it's either i can go by myself or it should be a group?
    ·
  • JenizzJenizz GermanyPosts: 54Member
    Sounds like a nice idea..
    Definitely thinking about to participate. :o
    ·
  • YoungV.I.PYoungV.I.P Posts: 18Member
    I'll be participating.. I want to collab with someone send me a message if you're interested :D.

hmm instrumentals?
    ·
  • MissSeungYanMissSeungYan Posts: 5Member
    Do i have to sing?? Any1 wants to join me??WOW!! THIS IS COOL!
    saski
    ·
  • colinshin7colinshin7 Posts: 1Member
    edited May 2011
    check out my entry for this contest!!!

just click the link above
    or HERE!!!!!
    DONT FORGET TO LIKE AND SHARE! 
    sjaikbNoWhereLovedragon-ridersaski
    ·
  • cristina0422cristina0422 Baddest Females of KPOP suju's heart <3Posts: 1,011Friend of Soompi

IDOL

Hi! To those who will post your cover video link in this notice, 2NE1_SOOMPI Official Twitter Account will help you promote your video. :wub:
    1TYM | Se7en | Gummy | Big Bang | 2NE1 | Tablo | PSY | Yoon Eun Hye | Shige | Kimura Takuya | Sakurai Sho | Sato Takeru | Yamapi | Aya Ueto | Gui Gui | Aaron
    2s1840p.jpg viewimagez.gif

shisheshille
    ·
  • blackjackbeatthatblackjackbeatthat Posts: 3Member
    I really think this contest is great!!! But one question when you win, how about if you need your parent? Im under 18 so does that mean I can bring a parent or something I dont think my Mom is gonna feel comfortable of me going to Korea lol that sounds so lame but true :P
    Helissia
    ·
  • totoro1234totoro1234 Posts: 19Member
    [font="'Comic Sans MS"]So can we just create an MV cover? Do we have to sing?[/font]
    ·
  • youkillidieyoukillidie Posts: 1Member
    We can participate more than one time? With more than one video. XD
    If someone wants a collab, i'm here for u! HAHA
    xiahdreams
    ·
  • elazingerelazinger Posts: 6Member
    edited May 2011
    Ok, more questions

if we choice sing, we have to do it in korean? or we can sing in other languages?
    if we don't know how to play a instrument , we only can do it acapella?
    if my team live in different states is ok? or we have to live in the same state?
    and the last, we can edit our video? i mean record our audio and make a original video and then put it together?
    harinisVIP
    ·
  • parkenehruiparkenehrui Posts: 18Member
    WOW! I'm really excited over this contest!
    I've done a cover 1 day ago! and here it is! :D

DRUM COVER - 2NE1 "LONELY" <MY CONTEST ENTRY!>
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeCmjXDG_G8

Since the song doesn't have a drum-track, I've decided to add a little something to the music, and yeah! hope this is acceptable in the requirement of "free-styling in making of cover!"

Hope you all will take a look at it!
    Kwcty6888jhen414kpopshisheshillesjaikbcest.la.vieNoWhereLoveBlue.HaneulYan_nKellzHebe92
    ·
  • 2NE1bang2NE1bang Posts: 500Member, Friend of Soompi
    Ok it says all 2NE1 fans world wide but then in parenthesis it says nationality,
    but can you be of any ethnicity? I couldn't participate in something before because it was open
    for any nationality, but not any ethnicity. So does anyone know?
    2NE1 í™”이팅!!

·
  • hachi_707hachi_707 Hachi Posts: 79Member
    This contest has a lot of doubt Lol YG please be more specific <3 !!!! I'm so happy for this contest I'm IN <3 !!!!!!!!!
    r24uit.jpg

2ne1 ♥ / MISS A

·
  • xiahdreamsxiahdreams United StatesPosts: 1,282Member

IDOL

many questions here need to be answered .. xD
    /waits for answers
    shisheshillesjaikb
    ·