Exclusive 2NE1 Lonely Cover Contest Discussion Thread

melkimx

Announcing a very exciting contest:

Hey Blackjack Soompiers,

Are you an enthusiastic performer or artist?  Then get out the video camera and get out there!  Your favorite girl group is holding a video contest, and they want YOU to participate!  From today until June 21, 2NE1 will be accepting submissions for the 2NE1 Lonely Cover Contest on YouTube!

Here's the deal:

393566_large.jpg393567_large.jpg

Why should you enter?

One, the members of 2NE1 will screen your entry!  (Wouldn't it be pretty cool if the four girls could see how talented you really are?) 

Two, the winner will receive an all-expenses paid trip to attend 2NE1's first-ever solo concert this summer, as well as a personal tour of the YG headquarters!  Wow!

So what are we doing here?

Well, this thread is for you to discuss the contest

-- any questions, advice, or comments you have can go here.  And yes, it will be linked on the 2NE1 official website!

Links:

2NE1 YouTube Page

2NE1 Facebook Page

2NE1 Official Website

YG Entertainment Official Website

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest hachi_707

Ok I have a doubt.. everybody in the comments are yelling that they don't have good voice but the image says "COVER VIDEO" so you don't have to sing right O_o?

Guest pure.sophiestication

Ok I have a doubt.. everybody in the comments are yelling that they don't have good voice but the image says "COVER VIDEO" so you don't have to sing right O_o?

don't think you have to sing. it says 'amaze us with your creativity,' so you could sing, dance or pretty much do anything as long as you base the video off 'LONELY'

hi, we had questions about this too, so we asked YG.  they said they want fans to freely rearrange the song and reproduce it as they wish, so basically it's both... it doesn't necessarily have to include both dancing and singing.

hope that helps!

I have a question. What does it mean by, "Team?" What if the person you want to team up with lives somewhere else and you live somewhere else? Would they accommodate the both of us?

Another thing, do you have to show your face in the video?

Thank you.

Guest tocki

hey there, this sounds awesome.

But i'm confused with the rules, so does "cover" version mean we have to redo the song (as in sing, play or remix?)

Can't we just use the original song and cut a musicvideo (dancevideo) based on it? or would that entry be invalid??

Guest renKa002

When they mean cover, does that mean as long as we use the song... we can interpret it our own way? By either lip syncing or signing it ourselves, dancing, make a parody  or even just remixing the original video?

Clarification on this will be loved!

Guest blackjackbeatthat

I really think this contest is great!!! But one question when you win, how about if you need your parent? Im under 18 so does that mean I can bring a parent or something I dont think my Mom is gonna feel comfortable of me going to Korea lol that sounds so lame but true :P

Guest youkillidie

We can participate more than one time? With more than one video. XD

If someone wants a collab, i'm here for u! HAHA

Guest elazinger

Ok, more questions

if we choice sing, we have to do it in korean? or we can sing in other languages?

if we don't know how to play a instrument , we only can do it acapella?

if my team live in different states is ok? or we have to live in the same state?

and the last, we can edit our video? i mean record our audio and make a original video and then put it together?

Guest parkenehrui

WOW! I'm really excited over this contest!

I've done a cover 1 day ago! and here it is! :D

DRUM COVER - 2NE1 "LONELY" <MY CONTEST ENTRY!>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeCmjXDG_G8

Since the song doesn't have a drum-track, I've decided to add a little something to the music, and yeah! hope this is acceptable in the requirement of "free-styling in making of cover!"

Hope you all will take a look at it!

Guest 2NE1bang

Ok it says all 2NE1 fans world wide but then in parenthesis it says nationality,

but can you be of any ethnicity? I couldn't participate in something before because it was open

for any nationality, but not any ethnicity. So does anyone know?

Guest hachi_707

This contest has a lot of doubt Lol YG please be more specific <3 !!!! I'm so happy for this contest I'm IN <3 !!!!!!!!!

Archived