Korean Name x]

Guest SHEEKxD

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest hikari_neko11

Meeya / 미야

The "Mee" part means "beautiful" but the "ya" is just a random addition to make it sound nice i think. My parents said they contemplated for months on my name before I was born. I felt so touched when I found out ^_^ I like my name. You don't normally see it spelt like that.

Guest baehyun

mines 배현, I'm not registered with it, but my korean family calls me that. Its the turnout of years of fobs trying(or mumbling out of embarrassment) to say Peyton haha

edit:

I read more of the thread, and I'm surprised at so many people making up Korean names...I think its better to go by names people actually refer to you by than to make up new ones.

• 1 month later...

Romanization: Eun Mi

Korean: 은미

None of my teachers can pronounce it, though... that's why I kind of don't like the first day of school, since every single class I go to I have to correct their pronunciation of my name. For some reason, everyone sees 'Eun-mi' on their roster and says, 'Yoon-mi.' =.="

My grandparents went to some guy who was like a master of Chinese characters to come up with my name before I was born... XD It's pretty, I guess, but it's kind of shallow imo.

Eun = silver, Mi = beauty. ^^;

Kim YeonHee...i don't know what that means but that's it...but just recently I've been baptized by a student with the name...Kim MinJin...she said it sounds unique...I go for both names anyway...I'm not Korean so I get to make up names for myself...kkk

Guest antarcticheart

romanized is soo (su) mi (mee) and hangul is 수미.

my friends always make fun of me for it, saying it sounds like

something you'd hear in a cartoon or something. TT TT

Guest x stylejjang

mines is Ji Ah. 장지아.

in korean my last names pronounced as jang but in english i spell/pronounce it as chang.

weird... i know some people that spell it jang in english tho.

meaning: 지헤로은 아듬다은 (?) im guessing the spelling here. haha.

graceful & beautiful.

Guest immortalblue

This is really fascinating to me! I would like to share my adoptive Korean name:

Lee Kyung Ah

I really like my Korean name, though I use my English name officially :-)

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest ystarburst

Would the correct Korean spelling for "Sarah" be "사라" or .. "새라" / "세라"?

This is the only place I've found that's somewhat appropriate to place this. :x

my name is Sabina n since i dont like that name people usually call me Sabi

but ive got a korean name from a friend which is 수빈. i like it it but no one calls me by it lol

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest mumudav

Hello~^*^

I need to create myself a korean name and using the meaning of my real name: love, to be loved, superior, obstinate I've tried to come up with several korean names~ But i can't decide wich one is better sounding and less awkward~ Would you please help me? ~(^w^)/

애준 Ae Jun (chinese characters used 愛 love, be fond of, like and 雋 superior, outstanding, talented)

준연 Jun Yeon or 연준 Yeon Jun (chinese characters used 戀 love; long for, yearn for; love and 雋 superior, outstanding, talented)

희준 Hui Jun (chinese characters used 憙 like, love, enjoy; joyful thing and 雋 superior, outstanding, talented)

희경 Hui Gyeong (chinese characters used 憙 like, love, enjoy; joyful thing and 硬 hard, firm, strong; obstinate)

희상 Hui Sang (chinese characters used 憙 like, love, enjoy; joyful thing and 上 superior, highest; go up)

애경 Ae Gyeong (chinese characters used 愛 love, be fond of, like and 硬 hard, firm, strong; obstinate)

What are your opinions?^^

Guest Chrissymaru

My Chinese name translated to Korean is

徐风玲 ---> 서풍영 (Seo Pung Yeong)

It sounds like a child's name, very cutesy sounding. :P

• 1 month later...

Hi, I'm writing a fanfic and I was wondering if any of you could help me come up with some nice names for my main characters.

For the girl, I chose Jeong Yun Hee.

For the guy, Shin Sang Min.

Does anyone else know any nice, not extremely common names? If so, could you tell me along with their meanings?

Thank you!

Archived