Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@qoxie I just voted for our girls Im really excited about our girls debut album and Im really happy that JYP is not the main producer for our girls album I just wanna ask u a question I read in allkpop the girls will not only going to release album but also a single

Sorry but I don't read AKP at all.

I believe they rewrote the JoongAng Ibo article(s), but neither translations by others mentioned a separate WG lead single is in store. Or was something else reported?

If not, then I think you might have misunderstood a lead track for a lead single.

EP albums are definable in various ways: playing length, number of songs, hit-vs.-filler potential, etc.

JYPE deems the 'The Wonder Begins', 'So Hot', 'Wonder Years Trilogy' & '2DT as single albums -- Rainstone PD just reiterated this to JoongAng Daily -- when, in reality they are packaged & priced as EP albums.

'Irony', 'So Hot,' 'Nobody' & '2DT' are respectively the lead tracks of each of the 4 EP albums.

Or, to use the industry jargon from the vinyl-record era, they are the 'A-sides' (the other album songs are the 'B-Sides').

By contrast, the 'Nobody English version' (US) was a true single. Ditto Sunye's 'Maybe' & the Sohee-guested 'Lovesick' in Korea, albeit in digital format.

The upcoming WG EP album will also contain a lead track, likely again a song in multiple languages plus a filmed MV, at the outset.

I do not know how JYPE & (expected record label) Universal Music plans to promote it.

They may also release the lead track as a separate single -- whether for retail, radio promotions, in remixed form, etc. -- but likely not without good initial word-of-mouth.

Makes no sense spending money to manufacture more discs & then hope for the best.

That's why partnering a US record label is so important. Once the lead track is ready, their A&R people will be making the rounds to plug it to broadcasters & retailers pre-release.

- - - - - - - - - -

but i was thinking about this last night...

the wonder girls met up with Joe Jonas not too long ago,

so most of us here think that JoBros and WG will be doing something together like a tour,

BUT we've already seen that the JoBros don't have any kind of tour lined up around

the time WG is going to release their album.

so i was wondering,

maybe one of the JoBros (maybe joe since they met up with him) will be featured on a track?

I believe it was Nick Jonas, not Joe Jonas.

I am seeing plenty of Jobros fan speculation that Nick Jonas got together with WG "in the studio" in LA (based on LIM's 'Real WonderGirls' video) between the Las Vegas CES show & the LiaoningTV recording.

The stopover in LA was too long (4-5 days, I think) to be just for business meetings & such. WG was also silent on Twitter, signaling they were not holidaying.

The 2 sides could be recording together, or just catching up with one another. Then again, Jobros are known to be prolific studio artistes (without releasing all their material).

Who knows, BigBang's Taeyang was in LA & now in NYC too as many pointed out. Is he involved in the WG project too?

Sohee had hinted "many stars" in one of the media interviews last year.

Guest shinhdeplol

x243cdd25.jpg

Me & Sohee of Wondergirls. Peace sign and Red shoes! Cool chick!

C: ClaudeKelly @ twitter

He must be impressed by Sohee's fashion sense :wub:

Guest jagerbomb

OMG that pic of claude kelly and yeeun is so adorable ! i love claude kelly and am so glad the girls are working with him

and no pic of CK & yoobin?? it'll be nice to see what yoobin wears and her pose with him :)

the poses so far are great and sohees fashion sense is nice

Guest sushii-viet

Kyyaa~~~~ I'm so excited. I will definitely buy this album. Let's support the girls.

They look like enjoying recording this album. I'm happy for them. They must be really tired, traveled between USA and China. Poor girls.

They impress me everyday.

LaioningTV has released its 2011 CNY bill.

I added some translations for general context.

Just a heads-up for those planning to watch it live online : CNY shows can be glitzy but also very highbrow. Cultural segments tend to dominate.

Pop singers who appear on them are often overshadowed by the pageantry, esp. if they perform without backup dancers (like apparently WG).

【2011年辽视春晚节目单】 (2011 LiaoningTV CNY playbill)

主持人:张明、薛林、王旭、璐璐、于洋、陈密 (emcees)

1. 开场舞蹈(向北方) (opening dance)

2. 歌舞《激情嘉年华》 (dance)

3. 歌曲《回家的人》 (song)

4. 小品《心甘情愿》 (skit)

5. 儿童歌舞剧《小兔子乖乖》 (kids item)

6. 时尚歌曲串烧 (trendy songs segment)

7. 小品《疯狂炒作团》 (skit)

8. 光影互动视频秀 (interactive video show)

9. 歌曲《暖暖》 (song)

10. 儿童互动相声《我要上春晚》  (kids item)

11. 歌曲《祝福新家园》 (song)

12. 歌曲《拉美莫尔的露琪亚》、《喀秋莎》 (song)

13. 小品《真情不扰》 (skit)

14. 芭蕾舞《萌》 (ballet)

15. 歌曲《Nobody》《2 Different Tears Chinese》 (song)

16. 小品《开门》 (skit)

17. 歌曲《羽泉经典歌曲联唱》 (song)

18. 京剧《今夜无人入眠》 (Peking opera)

19. 小品《不是两瓶酒的事儿》 (skit)

20. 歌曲《不潮不用花钱》《爱笑的眼睛》 (song)

21. 小品《相亲》 (skit)

22. 歌曲《世界》 (song)

23. 尾歌《同一个祝福》 (finale song)

Source: http://www.addintime...ian/3964_1.html

- - - - - - -

Finally, an English breakdown of the 'Map of the Girlgroup' mania that is getting blanket Korean media coverage.

BTW The latest media reports you see on Naver or Daum or Nate is about the netizen-'updated' map, with 'Kara Empire' removed due to their uncertain future.

I won't post the maps again (am thinking of translating the illustrations, in fact), so go to the link or scroll back for reference.

[News]The rise of SNSD Kingdom depicted on maps

Posted By admin On 20 Jan 2011.

Recently, various internet communities have gathered information regarding girlgroups’ popularity and the level of awareness about them among the public. From their research, they have represented their analysis on a map. Please note that the map is not a geographical presentation of the physical world.

The maps depicted the transitions from ‘the dawn of the girlgroups era’ to ‘the girlgroup nations era’ which represents the introduction of girlgroups in the music industry to the era of domination by various girlgroups. During ‘the dawn of the girlgroups’, ‘Soshi Kingdom’ and ‘Wonder Girls Kingdom’ were relatively very much smaller compared to Lee Hyori, Ivy, CSJH, SeeYa etc. who ruled over the ‘Girls’ Continent’.

However, as we move to the next era, it was the era of Wonder Girls as they dominated the majority of the ‘Girls’ Continent’. It is the era where Wonder Girls stepped up their game and planned for world domination. Relatively smaller compared to Wonder Girls who conquered the continent, SNSD (pink) and Lee Hyori had also expanded their territories, indicating their rising popularity as well.

The next era saw the rise of the ‘Soshi Kingdom’ as their dramatic and significant expansion pushed the borders further into ‘Wonder Girls Kingdom’ and went over the ‘New Continent’ across the straits. At the same time, Kara who gained some momentum in that era had also expanded and taken control of some parts of the ‘Girls’ Continent’.

Up next is the ‘battle of girlgroups’ era where various girlgroups such as 2NE1, Brown Eyed Girls, T-ara, 4minute, Wonder Girls and SNSD started to rise and fought for their shares on the ‘Girls’ Continent’. In this era, SNSD have the largest territory and besides SNSD, some girlgroups have also crossed over to the ‘New Continent’. They are Brown Eyed Girls, 4minute, 2NE1, Kara (who underwent a major expansion in the era), etc.

Lastly, ‘the girl group nations era’. Wonder Girls’ territories have reduced greatly while SNSD and 2NE1 are the top empires of this era. Also, Kara have secured substantial portion of the continents and ‘kingdoms’ such as After School, miss A, f(x), etc have emerged. The ‘IU Kingdom’ have expanded tremendously in this era.

Source: http://kpoptoday.com...ted-on-maps.htm

Guest katty_cat

Limmie EXR Loves Pucca fanart.

*quoted image*

Cr: yuting7993 @ WGTW

- - - - - - - - -

JYPE is holding auditions in Taiwan again.

It is organized differently from their other Asian events: only one night listed (Jan 23, with the final round on Jan 28); 30-second tryouts; for 13 to 18 year olds.

Also heavy emphasis on dancing skills, but I think they will allow singers.

Source: http://www.wretch.cc...etemple/9761556

Here is their 1st Taiwan audition in mid-year last year.

Top pics: 4 trainees of the dance studio (event host) who were shortlisted.

Bottom pics: Jane Kim is easily identifiable. Elli Kim? Can't spot him if he's the U-Kiss member.

http://www.wretch.cc...9687219&tpage=1

- - - - - - - -

All the Korean media sites are writing about this.

From what I can tell, an unidentified online community published this 'Map of the Girl Group'

It is done Three Kingdoms, Era of Nations, etc. style, charting the rise & fall of various hegemons through the "ages" (between 2008 (end-2006?) & 2011, it looks like).

None of the actual idol group names are apparently used, cuz the various news articles are having fun identifying who is who.

WG is supposed to be "원걸족" or "원걸제국", which Google translates as "Wonder Tribe" & "Wonder Empire" respectively. (WG's actual Hangul name: 원더걸스)

Quite witty & inventive, I must say.

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

Source: http://news.donga.co...0118/34034911/4

this looks not good to wondergirls.

It sounds like our girls aren't famous than that day!!! :(

Guest fleurdelis_kay

i could care less over the number of fans the girls has or how big their kingdom is..i still love WONDER GIRLS nonetheless

i just cannot wait for their new album..claude kelly is amazing and i think with him onboard, we can expect an album with some R&B flavor in it?[

*getting really excited :w00t: *

Guest shantewillie

I haven't been on here but just reading.

I'm so excited about their comeback.

March is going to pack for me to buy albums and a cell phone.

Here is the Chinese-subbed 101221 KBS Win Win Ep.44 {JYP} if anyone wants to watch (or re-subtitle it into English).

Download: http://u.115.com/file/t13050bea5

Been waiting a long time for this.

The Korean media had gone to town with the various things JYP said, so it appears to be as revealing as the WG-JYP Golden Fishery episode.

I will summarize the WG bits later.

5fj51k.jpg

Guest Marilori

ClaudeKelly@followjyp hey JY! its been a pleasure! i know your acting up a storm over there but hurry up and get back here! we got work to do!

Just a bit of an update. I'm wondering, are they officially recording the entire English EP now, or are they working with Claude for like 1 or 2 songs? Because they have a lot of work to do for the album, it seems as though they've just started recording their English songs.

Just a bit of an update. I'm wondering, are they officially recording the entire English EP now, or are they working with Claude for like 1 or 2 songs? Because they have a lot of work to do for the album, it seems as though they've just started recording their English songs.

They are releasing like a mini album..which includes 6 new songs...I have feeling that that Kelly Claude will help 1 or 2 songs + JYP's song that he got in Dream High + Darkchild + Jonas Group..This is my guess..:) cant wait~

By the way..my guess of songwriter was right!! :) Kelly Claude...:) I kinda hoped for Dr.Luke to help their album...I have a feeling that akon is going to help them~ (PLEASE NO HOLLYWOOD RECORD SINGERS contributing this album!! lol)

@ClaudeKelly Its JY. Thanks 4 da wonderful songs and also taking care of our girls. C u as soon as I get out of my actor mode. Miss u bro!

kinda confused...he produced their songs? eh?? I really hope claude worked with other songwriters..because most of his hit songs are worked with several songwriters and producers..oh wait..we have mastermind asian sensation producer JYP!! ha..didn't thought about that..

Guest Mia_Mia

sunye's track rankings... the song is a new entry and already on top 10

7th on bugs

1101009-110116-Bugs-Chart-3rd-Jan.jpg

7th on Daum

1101009-110116-Daum-Music-Chart-3rd-Jan.jpg

8th on Dosirak

1101009-110116-Dosirak-Chart-3rd-Jan.jpg

8th on Naver

1101009-110116-Naver-Music-Chart-3rd-Jan.jpg

credit kpop_live

Guest Marilori

They are releasing like a mini album..which includes 6 new songs...I have feeling that that Kelly Claude will help 1 or 2 songs + JYP's song that he got in Dream High + Darkchild + Jonas Group..This is my guess..:) cant wait~

By the way..my guess of songwriter was right!! :) Kelly Claude...:) I kinda hoped for Dr.Luke to help their album...I have a feeling that akon is going to help them~ (PLEASE NO HOLLYWOOD RECORD SINGERS contributing this album!! lol)

kinda confused...he produced their songs? eh?? I really hope claude worked with other songwriters..because most of his hit songs are worked with several songwriters and producers..oh wait..we have mastermind asian sensation producer JYP!! ha..didn't thought about that..

I know about the album, it just feels like they are putting it together now instead of having things prepared for its supposed release in March. It's like everyone is scrambling around to get into the studio lol so I was wondering if they didn't have the 6-7 songs they said they had, and are now just starting to work on them.

Archived