[OFFICIAL] The JYJ Thread

tealee

Guest sindee

Congrats for the new JYJ thread :) Finally a place with no argument :sweatingbullets:

Jae with that foam pic, hmmmm could he implying that he wants a kiss :rolleyes: hehe and he's right, he does have a baby face!

I'm looking forward to SBS Good Morning. A whole 80 mins of JYJ. oh boy, what a treat ^_^

About SM artists ganging up on Junsu. I'm really disappointed by their action =/ I understand they have the right to voice out their opinion but I don't think they should have butt into this mess because it's only making the matter worse than it is already. Also, the things Sungmin wrote are quite hurtful. I hope Junsu stay strong as well as Jaejoong and Yoochun!!

Guest Yoochunlover

(TRANS) 100108 Yoochun Cyworld Update

Christabel 령연

Ah! Just asked e Korean who posted e original screencap! She said it wasn't by YooChun but by someone else who impersonated him O_O! Sorry!!

2 hours ago

Source: christabel88's twitter

^ This seems fake. An impersonator wrote that.

Anyway, I'm so with the guys :).

Congratulations for our new JYJ thread!

Guest kimikolmk

JYJ THREAD! Yeah!*dances*

I'm usually a (mostly) silent reader but I think I'll try to post here a little bit more to show my love and support to JYJ!

.........Regarding the "try hards" in sm: Needless to say I'm not a fan of suju anymore. All of them are lower than dirt imo.

YA I AGREE with u !!!!!

support JYJ !!!!!!!!!!! (^.^)

Guest afterglow.

i can't wait to receive my copies. the pictures are so pretty <3 i really love the picture of the door on the cover. when one door closes, another opens! hang in there guys.

it seems yoochun's cyworld update is fake so i think it's best to remove/edit any posts to prevent further issues.

jaejoong's twitter updates made me smile <3 so cute.. always trying to cheer people up.

could not care less about what those sm artists are saying about junsu/jyj. they're irrelevant to me. lol. i'm just gonna channel all my energy into supporting the boys.

Guest wingsywingsy

I posted this on the main thread, but not sure if it was already posted here.

Congrats on the new thread! I'm excited for Their Rooms to be released. I wish it could be earlier haha!

[Cap] SAMSUNG “Sharing a book every day”

33ma9lz.jpg

34et35j.jpg

2w7qnwy.jpg

f3yqae.jpg

29wlkp2.jpg

fdessi.jpg

10cuvyf.jpg

2pq42h4.jpg

dpveip.jpg

credit: dc

shared by: sharingyoochun.net

More Pictures Found Here

Guest scm_smile

*Join others in dancing crazily in my livingroom*:lol:

Yes! Finally, the mods have chosen the right choice. Woohoo! I haven't been back to soompi to check the news here for 2-3 weeks and I was beginning to feel that I wasn't going to return...forever. Most of the times I was a silent lurker but now that I can feel at ease praising our boys without getting confronted, I sure darn willl from now on :w00t:

Somehow I feel the need to state my opinion in this matter though...My favorite bias has been Changmin for a long time and it isn't going to change any time soon. I just love that boy so much! But adoring him doesn't equal to agreeing with everything he does. I love all 5 boys, but I have decided that I believe in JYJ's side of story. Hence why I am here :D 

I'm not sure what logic those suju boys is going by, attacking one person (Junsu) like that. And wow, don't even get me started on Boa and that choreographer. Lucky that I never liked Boa in the beginning otherwise I would be too obsessed with hating her now excl.gif

But on to the bright new year, I hope JYJ would have a lot of luck this year and achieve what they set out to do.

P.S Did anybody think "Got Milk?" when they see JJ's foam mustache pic?:wub: Kekeke

Guest Honey_KizZ

some jyj sites:

http://jyj3.wordpress.com

thejyjfiles.wordpress.com

alwayskeepthefaith.com

Korean Music Industry’s “Invisible Hand”

When it was revealed late October of last year that the Korean Federation of Pop Culture and Arts Industry (KFPCAI) had sent letters to the three major TV broadcasters as well as cable channels and Internet music portals in Korea requesting that they refrain from broadcasting JYJ and selling their album, “The Beginning,” the foremost question in most Koreans’ mind was, ‘What or who the hell is this KFPCAI?’ Korean DBSK fans managed to secure a copy of the letter and submitted it, along with a request to open a formal investigation into the matter, to the Korean Fair Trade Commission.

The reaction in DBSK’s international fandom reached levels of panic due to international fans’ unfamiliarity with the structural mechanisms of the Kpop industry. And so in the chaotic realm of Twittersphere and the gossip platforms of the Internet, they grabbed any Korean fan that happened to pass by in a desperate attempt to get clear answers. Is this KFC thing a government agency? Does it have an email? How can we contact it and ask them to retract the letter? Korean fans, unable to give a straightforward answer themselves, instead tried to do the next best thing and dropped the email contacts of several related Korean government branches as well as that of the Fair Trade Commission.

If the Korean government didn’t know about the KFPCAI before, it surely does now…for the first time. Because, as it turns out, KFPCAI is NOT a Korean government agency. And if that weren’t enough to put its legitimacy under question, the KFPCAI has none of the indicators of actually existing. It has no website, no email address, no physical address, and, upon calling the Korea Central Operator, it was easy to find out that it doesn’t even have a registered phone number. Finally, it doesn’t appear on Google Maps. What can be found out about it is that it at least has a logo (a rather pretty one) and that it is some sort of union made up of the executives of the leading companies from each sector of the Korean culture industries to protect their collective interests. Undoubtedly, representatives from SM and from the main broadcasts in Korea are members.

This incident involving the KFPCAI and JYJ has forced Korean citizens to come down from the euphoric high of seeing our culture break forth as the Korean Wave back to the reality that not every aspect of this phenomenon will reflect positively on us…that we risk paying greatly if we fail now to correct what should have been corrected years ago.

In the aftermath of the Asian Financial Crisis of 1997, the Korean government extended its comprehensive structural reforms to the Korean culture industry, namely the film and television sectors. These reforms included breaking up traditional monopolies, decentralising operations, democratising the internal structures of management agencies and their investors and setting up a regulatory body in the Korea Creative Contents Agency (KOCCA) to ensure transparency and accountability. However, the Korean music industry was mostly overlooked. At the time, the Kpop industry barely had a structure to reform to begin with. Relative to the Korean film and television, Korean popular music’s history is skin deep. Most experts agree it began in 1993 with the phenomenal introduction of Seo Taiji and Boys, and so by 1997 the industry was only four years old. H.O.T had debuted and was gathering a storm comparable to Seo Taiji’s and SM was well on its way of making a name for itself, but what Korea had at the time was only the foundations of an emerging market.

Thus, in a way, the Korean pop music industry evolved as if the post-crisis reforms never happened, like an island in the greater sea of the cultural content industry. As on another famous island, adaptation and survival of the fittest is daily business here, but unlike the island made famous by Darwin this island is not a utopia of diversity but a dystopia of monotony; the invisible hand is not that coined by Adam Smith, which drives competition to generate system-wide wealth, but one that kills competition and concentrates power.

By now it is common knowledge what are the prime specimens of this sector: what is often referred to as the “Holy Trinity of Kpop”—SM Entertainment, YG Entertainment and JYP Entertainment. Of the three that make up this category, SM Entertainment (SM) is without a doubt the richest, strongest, longest running and has the most industry-wide influence. Its influence and standing uncontested in the music sector, it has started making connections in and bleeding into others: “SM Entertainment has merged with or bought out several media companies over the past couple of years, including a DVD distributor, a karaoke machine distributor, a music video channel, new media platforms, and more” (Mark James Russell, 158). And this is not including the numerous connections SM is sure to have in the industry through the good, old and wholesomely Confucian hierarchy of college sunbaes and hubaes. The end result is a fascinatingly twisted organism, of which KFPCAI is the most recent manifestation—species: cartelus genus: oligopolis.

And although it is slowly being challenged by chaebol that underwent the painful reforms of 1997, such as Samsung’s CJ Entertainment, the Kpop system pioneered by SM still dominates the scene. It is a system that even international Kpop fans by now are well familiar with, where entertainment agencies select a certain number of candidates to train for an average of two years before deciding who among them to debut. Kpop consumers have become so used to this business model that they don’t realise how inefficient it is or how the inefficiencies add up with each new idol group or singer that debuts on the market. Because out of a group of ten or so trainees only one will be judged good enough to debut, that one trainee enters her career shouldering not only the deficit she incurred in training expenses but also that of at least ten others. In addition, given the law of diminishing returns that decreases the chances of success for every new idol group (with each new idol group entering the scene, the chances of the next one succeeding diminishes a little more), the company will have to invest MORE money for a diminished chance of gaining it back. Is it any wonder that in such an environment, signing artists on to unfair contracts is the norm? It is a natural response to systemic inefficiencies.

Therefore, many are siding with SM, arguing that the content of JYJ’s contracts can’t be helped, that the costs incurred through training the trio into high-quality stars require 13 years of penury in JYJ’s salary, exorbitant exit fees, exclusive rights of artists’ songs by the company, etc. However, this in and of itself—a description of the status quo—is NOT a justification of that status quo and should not be taken as such, in the view of this writer. It is but a premise…a thesis, if you will, of which the antithesis is the laws of fair trade and the fundamental principles and rights at work, at both the national and international levels, that this country as a modern democracy is required to uphold. Now, it is up to those who truly love Korea and appreciate Korean culture to come up with the synthesis. The first step would be to extend the structural reforms of the film and TV sectors to that of Korean pop. We owe it to future youths with talent who dream of stardom.

Jeong. Ban. Hap…sang five talented and handsome individuals once. One wonders if they knew then just how prophetic their words would be.

credit: http://thejyjfiles.wordpress.com/2011/01/07/korean-music-industrys-invisible-hand/

Guest Shaneira

[TRANS] 110107

Avex to Release JYJ CD & DVD

"Memories in 2010"

JUNSU/JEJUNG/YUCHUN

「THANKSGIVING LIVE IN DOME LIVE CD 」

JUNSU/JEJUNG/YUCHUN

YOU JUST HAVE TO BE KIDDING ME. IS THIS FOR REAL??? AVEX REALLY HAS THE GUTS TO DO THIS AFTER DROPPING JYJ LIKE WORTHLESS GARBAGE???

K, I gotta relax, too much going on right now and this thread is supposed to be a happy one for all of us :sweatingbullets:

Thank you everyone for sharing all those wonderful pictures!

And may I just say this... Kim Jaejoong. God bless this man for trying to ease our pain.

I really hope our baby Junsu is doing ok and that he's not thinking about the recent issues too much. T___T

Some members already asked this and I'm not sure about it either so I'm gonna ask as well: does the 5 posts per day rule also apply in this thread?

Guest wingsywingsy

does the 5 posts per day rule also apply in this thread?

I'm not a mod ^^; but I think the 5 post per day applies to every thread in our subforum. So 5 posts per thread per day. And it does seem reasonable, since anything more than that, you can probably group into one post. This is the only way we can limit our posts without limiting it too much. And of course, it's not reasonable for it to be 5 posts per day in this subforum period, since there are more than 5 subthreads.

Guest chdairkld

MILK MUSTACHE Jae???? yah, what more can kim jaejoong pull out? lol. i really think he is suitable for every look, especially the latest. If he does Got Milk commercial, I'm pretty sure the milk prices will sky rocket because demand will be so high! And then they can praise him for making fangirls so healthy and fixing bone problems!!! (sadly, milk always gives me problems but i'd have to change my own body for him)

Why is Jaejoong our Hero?? Because just a single picture like this brings laughter.

Soon this will be in my hands! not soon enough of course since everyone will probably receive it faster due to shipping.

jyjtr.jpg

jyjtr1.jpg

Credits: TVXQBaidu

Shared by: DBSKnights

Guest SashiJae

Congratulations!

I´m New in Soompi!  ^^ I ve been spazing in syc for the past 3 years, But Since it have been created this thread .. I want to begin together with this thread

:D

[Pic] Their Rooms : JYJ Music Essay

2aahb2d.jpg

JYJ Album + photobook and new songs!!!!!!!!!

Price: 27,000  or 24, 300Won

Released date for YES 24: 15 Jan

The JYJ Music Essay not only has the members’ self-composed songs, but it also has essays written by them and a photo diary that records their every-day lives.

Special 1 Never before seen peek of JYJ in their daily lives.

Special 2 Their self-written, secretive stories will be revealed to the world for the first time.

Special 3 An album that is filled with 6 newly previewed, self-composed songs that tells a story about their honest lives

Special 4 A diary where we can write about our daily lives next to JYJ’s diaries.

Essay: Jaejoong + Junsu + Yuchun

Diary: Yearly Plan 2p + Time Table 4p + Monthly 24p + Weekly 120 p

Photo: JYJ members

PVC index: 3 types

Music CD: 6 tracks

credit: 

YES24 + interpark

trans by: sharingyoochun.net

----

Some pics...

8.jpg

7.jpg

6.jpg

5.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

Credits: DC

Shared by: DBSKnights

-----

The AWESOME pre-views!!

lyrics, composition: Yoochun

---

lyrics, composition: Jaejoong

---

lyrics, composition: Junsu

rap: Yoochun

---

---

lyrics, composition: Junsu

---

---

Support JYJ And pre-order the album, please!!!

Guest lenale

[VID] 110107 Ystar – JYJ Music Essay Best Seller

I wish I could understand what they say exactly.. but I am glad our boys Music Essay is a best seller.. it feels strange its considered as a book, but anyway the most important is it will give the opportunity to everyone to listen our boys compositions.. its definitely a great music essay, and I cant wait to have it in my hands.. I preordered on gmarket for the first time, so i dont really know how it works and when I should expect it.. hopefully I'll receive it before february!! I cant wait!!

JYJ hwaiting!!

thank you Yane for posting this video^^

[Pic] Their Rooms : JYJ Music Essay

still 10 days left till the release date.. I wish it could come faster in my hands lol..

its a very beautiful first post.. welcome to the forum SashiJae^^

[iNFO] Broadcast of SBS Good Morning feat JYJ has been scheduled to air Jan 20!

hopefully they wont delay it again.. I really wonder whats the real reason behind this delay.. I want to see the boys on TV again!!

thank you ti404 for posting those infos^^ hopefully we'll be able to watch it soon.. I am impatient!!

[TRANS] 110107

Avex to Release JYJ CD & DVD

I am speechless.. avex is blocking the boys in Japan, yet they still try to make money on them?! those DVD and CD are tempting for sure.. as we were in Tokyo Dome in last june, everything about this concert is like a treasure to get, keep and cherish.. its very expensive, but what a dilemma.. avex really knows our weakness.. i wonder if they're testing the water.. if it sells well, maybe they can start discussing with the boys about their come back in Japan..

[PHOTO]110108

YUCHUN´S TWITTER UPDATE

Yoochun's new profile picture looks very peaceful.. it somehow reminds me of "la lumière des justes brillera..".. I also think Yoochun's new display is full of hopes..

thank you Sayuri chan for sharing those infos^^

[Cap] SAMSUNG “Sharing a book every day”

the pictures are so nice.. the boys look so adorable there, sharing books with us.. and they give me the urge to read books again.. I used to be a bookworm when I was still a student, but now I am working, sadly I lack of time..

thank you wingsywingsy for sharing those captures^^

2zpia1h.jpg

Credit: as tagged

Guest wing834

aww.... telisha's supporting tweet is so sweet~! i love JYJ's US crew, they r so nice :) i wonder when JYJ is heading to the US to film their empty MV? xD

@SashiJae so excited abt JYJ's new album! and sooooooooo proud that all the tracks r 100% self composed :D im really proud of Jaejoong, i never thought he would compose something like IDS and pierrot :D hes definately maturing musically!

I don't understand how avex can sell JYJ product and block them to go to japan at the same time! it's so paradoxical!

this kind of thing kill me!! and the boys seem totally powerless! It's just disgusting! at least, let them promote their music in japan!!

and I sincerely hope the best their new album in korea!! all the songs are amazing! ♥

Guest chdairkld

wingsywingsy posted the caps already but here is the video. (i don't think it was posted yet)

JYJ Samsung Sharing a Book Everyday Campaign

^The boys are stunning here! Very very gorgeous, i almost couldn't remember that they were doing reading campaign. I didn't find translations yet but I'm going to guess they are encouraging reading lol. So not only is Jaejoong advocating milk haha, JYJ say to read books! Role models much??

Guest ElizabethB.

Congratulations for our first thread!

1e8byh.jpg

let's make this a place full of love and leave the hatred behind.

Let's be the better fandom, let's share the love and never the hate

Let's never think that in order to love our most beloved ones, we have to bring down others... 

Let's be better!

I'm so happy we have a Thread here 

biggrin.gif

About Avex... I still not sure what to think about the thing, I wish JYJ will say somthing... anyway, I have no money right now, with intermodulation, and their music essay, I don't have money right now to buy anything. besides I already have the concert DVD... I will see if I can save money because that was the most amazing live ever, so I would like to have the audio, but right now, I don't think so. 

Telisha is such a sweet heart! I hope she doesn't recive more hate messages, let's not make her scared of the fans, she is always taking good care of our boys.

And... jaejoong!!! In such a hard times, he find a way to brin a smile to our faces.

I hope the 3 of them are taking good care of each other, I know the situation is hard and it doesn't seems to get any better... But they are strong people, they knew things were hard, and still, with courage, they decided to persue their dreams and go according to their believes... so even if is hard, I hope they have a feeling of fluffiness

We can be proud of them, everytime they sing

we can be proud of them, every time they talk

because they fight for it, 

and they earn it

Junsu, be strong... let's send him messages to show that the whole world can turn against him, but we will always by by his side

anyway, i'm really happy for this thread

Guest shizus

Thank you MODs for creating this thread!! I'm usually a silent reader but feels good to write here and read so many lovely posts (even though I don't post much I've always liked the positive and mature posts from the members here, like Lenale, koreamom and bitterlemon, among many many others)

Let's fill our first JYJ thread with love and focus on supporting the guys ♥

Even though these days have been difficult for our fandom and JYJ, I'm happy because I've preordered THEIR ROOMS today :) I hope the book/album will do great at charts, let's make it Nº1!

I don't know if these have been shared before

Jaejoong & Yuchun endorsing NII

55454923201101071841081.jpg

55454923201101071821484c.jpg

55454923201101071821484b.jpg

55454923201101071821484.jpg

55454923201101071800322.jpg

Credit: BaiduTVXQ

Shared by: kokayz.livejournal.com

Guest amara1430269879

just pacing by to say congrats for the new thread :) hope we all

enjoys a good time 2gather .. thanx mod