Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you have what it takes to be a Soompi Moderator? APPLY NOW!

If you could live in another country other than yours, which one would it be?

and why?
Haha.. i'm assuming alot of people will say south korea since there are quite alot of non koreans who are from other countries who are really interested in korean celebrity and entertainment. Anyways! :D i live in Australia, but i would really love to try and live in Japan or Hong Kong!
the reasons are: everything in japan seems so efficient, shorter travel distances, and high school life in japan looks so fun/university life! and it seems so relaxing in those japan movies where they sit by the lake on grass or something haha x) you can do that in australia, but travelling is a pain!!
HK - not too sure about it, but if it was for a short period, i would sooo not mind! even though HK may have its cons, there are definitely pros such as the travelling, THE MTR is so good! that octopus card IS SO EFFICIENT, you can pay your food with it, pay vending machine drinks, as well as train fees! and i love shopping there! so cheap! :) so what about ya'all! hehe
·

Replies

• .. Posts: 142Member

ROOKIE

morningskyx wrote on 19 November 2010 - 11:44 PM:

Haha.. i'm assuming alot of people will say south korea since there are quite alot of non koreans who are from other countries who are really interested in korean celebrity and entertainment. Anyways! :D i live in Australia, but i would really love to try and live in Japan or Hong Kong!
    the reasons are: everything in japan seems so efficient, shorter travel distances, and high school life in japan looks so fun/university life! and it seems so relaxing in those japan movies where they sit by the lake on grass or something haha x) you can do that in australia, but travelling is a pain!!
    HK - not too sure about it, but if it was for a short period, i would sooo not mind! even though HK may have its cons, there are definitely pros such as the travelling, THE MTR is so good! that octopus card IS SO EFFICIENT, you can pay your food with it, pay vending machine drinks, as well as train fees! and i love shopping there! so cheap! :) so what about ya'all! hehe

#1 Japan/South Korea
    #2 Australia
    ·
  • 한스 ㅋㅋ한스 ㅋㅋ jifewohoefncei Posts: 4,659Member

IDOL

Singapore

-HANA.shipperrApplehaven
    ·
  • mintai2003mintai2003 Bay AreaPosts: 74Member
    I've always wanted to go live in a small city in China, somewhere near a lot of temples that's peaceful. But Japan sounds great too! Lot's of culture, politeness, efficiency... and there's Akihabara!! XD
    ·
  • StevenSteven Posts: 317Member

ROOKIE

Thailand because I can speak the Language.
    Korea/Japan/China/Taiwan the technology, fashion, food!
    I am sorry for all the madness that I've had caused!
    http://metrosteven.blogspot.com/
    ·
  • tortecatorteca Posts: 42Member
    edited November 2010
    London.

or Other places in Europe - Italy, France ...etc

Cannot resist the beautiful architecture there! and the culture, weather!
    ·
  • MarvinBMarvinB Posts: 22Member

IDOL

South Korea. I want to meet my favorite actress SHIN MIN AH! biggrin.gif
    ·
  • xboleexxboleex Tout Est Fabuleux Avec Toi <3 Posts: 279Member
    1. New York
    2. South Korea
    3. Japan
    4. Paris
    ·
  • nikkiex33nikkiex33 Posts: 1,086Member

IDOL

TAIWAN!! <3
    cuz i`m currently retouching my mandarin skills and i have family there
    && cuz it`s amazingg. (:
    or canada. does it count if i`m living in the u.s.? xD
    NPB-XKForeverPi
    ·
  • anleneanlene Posts: 204Member

IDOL

south korea cos i like SNSD
    ·
  • xAmandaTuxAmandaTu Posts: 142Member

ROOKIE

Japan! Everything is so cool there :D
    loveslick
    ·
  • EHNerJIEHNerJI 내꺼하자. ♥ Posts: 8,487Member

IDOL

Japan, Australia or HK. I've only been to Hong Kong but I absolutely loved it <3
    I just need a change of scenery now >.>
    power7ranger.png
    © power7ranger & BUBBLEWRAP!
    ·
  • NPB-XKNPB-XK Thread Hijacker Area-Sexy-One - MontrPosts: 5,222Member

SUPERSTAR

I think Japan... Because I was supposed to be born there with my cousins but I was born in Canada instead... It would be fun to be reunited with some friends and cousins there!

I'm a proud Canadian so +1 to all posts with the word Canada in this thread. -1 if you talk crap about it... :ph34r:
    Quebecker image Style
    ForeverPiloverain.mellowmellowsophiee
    ·
  • bushybrowsbushybrows Posts: 414Member
    Philippines, Australia,  or England :) Maybe S. Korea, mostly going for English speaking countries.
    ·
  • novemberfifteenthnovemberfifteenth Posts: 155Member

ROOKIE

England, France, Germany, Belgium, Japan, and Taiwan.

Japan and Taiwan cause of the fashion, the European countries cause of the architecture...
    ·
  • Rainie YuRainie Yu Posts: 1,041Member

ROOKIE

Korea. becoz the whol freaking family from my mom's side is there. >:o!
    ♡nom♡
    ·
  • MyLovelyBlondieMyLovelyBlondie NorwayPosts: 1,012Member

ROOKIE

#1: Turkey
    #2: Spain
    #3: Australia
    #4: South Korea
    #5: Italy

:D
    2w4cn7o.jpg
    Check out my shoes! Wait, i'm not wearing any...
    Tumblr - Freaky Like Meee
    inxomnia
    ·
  • brinybluebrinyblue run with me Posts: 1,000Member
    Somewhere cold. A place where I'll have no problem communicating with people. Like Canada.. some of my cousins are there. Don't mind living anywhere, but the language barrier is a problem. D: I think it would be interesting to say, where would you live, if there was no language barrier and you could speak the local language..? ;D Then I'd probably say S.Korea, Japan, France, Spain and Italy.
    brinyblue / 411 / 
    Untitled-1.png
    NPB-XKForeverPisophiee
    ·
  • BukAlanBukAlan Posts: 454Member
    #1 is Japan.
    #2 is Korea. 
    #3 Thailand.  Because the dollar is pretty strong there and booze is cheap.  HOOAH!

I live in Korea now but that's only because i couldn't get Japan. 
    kiki_1212
    ·
  • krizbum07krizbum07 Posts: 1Member
    i wanna live in south korea or japan... i wanna live in a place where i can breathe a fresh air eveyday, where i can see a beautiful scenery  and a place where i can feel so relaxed
    ·