Film Photography

Guest strawberry.llamas

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest calv1124

For the smudge on the mirror, don't touch it. Take it to a camera shop and ask them to take a look at it. The mirror is there to reflect your image onto the film correctly. Most of the time a very light smudge won't make a difference, but you can always check to be sure. It won't cost you anything to have it taken a look at.

A smudge in the mirror won't affect photos in any way, the mirror does not reflect light onto film, it reflects light up into a prism which bounced until it is aligned with the viewfinder. The mirror allows the photographer to see the what they are shooting, this is why it is at a 45 degree angle. When the shutter button is pressed, the mirror flips up, the shutter opens and exposes the film to the light. The mirror is there for more accurate composition and framing (the point of an SLR).

• 2 weeks later...
Guest 8D_heeeeeeeee

CLEAR! *revives*

Argh, still not used to the fixed focus lengths of my Trip 35. These shots were taken on a expired roll from FourCornersStore, and I have to say, I don't notice any difference when compared to my other rolls.

IMG_0002-1.jpg

Time for an SLR to actually get subjects in focus?

IMG_0007.jpg

Guest flyaway.

Hello! I was wondering if the Nikon Nikkor AF-S DX lens is compatible with any of the Nikon film slr bodies (I searched it up, and I don't think it does, but I want to make sure)? I own a dslr, but I need a film slr for my college photography class.

Guest veranute

I develop my own roll and print my own prints. There's something comforting about working in the dark room. =].

I do mainly B&W film photography. Color film is an area I haven't had time to explore yet. Maybe someday.

http://i661.photobucket.com/albums/uu334/M...te/SCN_0006.jpg

http://i661.photobucket.com/albums/uu334/M...te/SCN_0005.jpg

http://i661.photobucket.com/albums/uu334/M...te/SCN_0008.jpg

The last one was just an experiment with monochromatics. The original size prints are 5x7's and scanned so that's why the picture show up like that. =]

Me too~ The dark room is really soothing. I love to work in the dark room and at the same time hear the ruckus outside my class XD;

I haven't got to color film either. I hear it's pretty hard so I'm going to wait on it.

Guest calv1124

Hello! I was wondering if the Nikon Nikkor AF-S DX lens is compatible with any of the Nikon film slr bodies (I searched it up, and I don't think it does, but I want to make sure)? I own a dslr, but I need a film slr for my college photography class.

DX lenses will fit on a nikon film SLR, but you won't be able to control much, and there will be a lot of vignetting in your photos. You're going to have to buy another lens for your film camera, but don't worry, because there are plenty of nice 50mm f/1.8 primes that you could get pretty cheap for your film cameras.

There's something about film photography that makes it seem more exciting than digital, ahaha~

So I was thinking of going into film photography. Being a total noob at this, could anyone recommend me some good film cameras for beginners? ~(=w=~)

Guest Justalilodreamer

I've definitely heard of expired film with toy cameras but does using a regular film camera + expire film gives interesting effects as well ?

Guest Hardcore_2992

I just got a Canon Canonet 28 camera recently and I was wondering if anybody

had any tips about it or if you have one do you think its a good camera. I'm new at

photography so I could use a mentor of some sort. Here are some pictures of my cam.

Guest wiwi_an

I've definitely heard of expired film with toy cameras but does using a regular film camera + expire film gives interesting effects as well ?

yep it does, the colors. what it doesnt have is just the vignetting that toy cameras make (i think ur talking about lomography rite?).

Guest echoism

It depends on the film. How "expired" it is? Any film that's been well stored will have very little change to colors/contrast, and any film that hasn't been stored well will be more unpredictable. The camera doesn't have a lot to do with it.

Guest babytina

I have a Fisheye lomography camera (in the mike perry edition) that i got on sale @ urban outfitters. I was really excited to try it out and stuff... only to find out my film was BLANK?!

so i tried another film. turned out blank again.

is this normal? for a film to be COMPLETELY empty? im getting really upset and pretty much on my way to abandon my fisheye.... :(

I just got a Canon Canonet 28 camera recently and I was wondering if anybody

had any tips about it

you've probably come/will come to a situation where you won't be able to see the meter. place a finger over your VF and you should be able to see it.

Guest foreverursVi

I have a Fisheye lomography camera (in the mike perry edition) that i got on sale @ urban outfitters. I was really excited to try it out and stuff... only to find out my film was BLANK?!

is this normal? for a film to be COMPLETELY empty? im getting really upset and pretty much on my way to abandon my fisheye.... :(

did you try making sure the film was loaded correctly?

Yup what foreverursVi said, have you loaded the film correctly? Because if you haven't you're just shooting blank shots... =\

Guest echoism

Is it coming out completely blank (like film is all the same color) or are the frames black, and does it have the film markings on the sides or is that not there too? If it doesn't have markings, it's a development problem. If it has marking but is black, it's overexposed. Markings + blank = underexposed.

Guest graceeiscool

^^ I have that mug with the "coffee" in a bunch of languages!

haha yeah its my favorite mug. i dropped it once and the handle broke into 6 pieces. but since i love it too much i krazyglued it back together HAHAHAH.

Archived