Chinese Help

Guest putasmileon

^。。。你還是在學中文。。。有什麽問題?越來越多人在學國語, 所以我不覺得有問題=/

Are you asking:

You are learning Chinese, there are what kind of problems/questions? More and more people are learning Mandarin, therefore I(you) feel there is no problem.

Is that correct? I am Chinese as well, but I was in the United Kingdom. At home I speak Cantonese, and also went to Chinese school as well but I no longer go anymore. I also write in traditional but my reading and writing ability is rubbish. Hopefully I learn more in the future.

再見!

This is no longer the Chinese help thread, it is the "omg I was born in america and took chinese for X amount of years and still can't read or write, waaa" etc thread...

haha just kidding :) 我以后想去中国并且学习中文,但是我现在在日本很忙.而且我剩下的钱也不多了.有谁能给我些钱吗? :D

Sorry for the oogly simplified, not sure how to type in traditional :unsure: 我愛中国人 <-- Typed using Japanese, haha

那么,我们继续互相帮助学习中文吧 !

Hey Tamago86, I often go to your blog to read about your daily life in Japan, very interesting I have to say :D

You would like to go to Chinese to study Chinese but currently you are in Japan very busy. As well I have not a lot of money, if you can give me some money?

Ahh your Japanese is good as well as your Chinese :blink:

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ~*.:Yuki:.*~

nice thread ^_^

I can't understand traditional chinese, only a bit of simplified...

可是只能在电脑上打... 否则我最多只会写十几二十个字.

Are you asking:

You are learning Chinese, there are what kind of problems/questions? More and more people are learning Mandarin, therefore I(you) feel there is no problem.

Is that correct? I am Chinese as well, but I was in the United Kingdom. At home I speak Cantonese, and also went to Chinese school as well but I no longer go anymore. I also write in traditional but my reading and writing ability is rubbish. Hopefully I learn more in the future.

Well I don't really translate (pfft not very good cause I learn chinese directly without any translating), but I guess I can try.

Over here, there are a lot of (well, to me it's still a lot) chinese people that gave up on the chinese language. But hey, it's their choice xD

"You're still learning chinese, is there a problem? More and more people are learning mandarin, so I don't see a problem".

Blah.

How do you type in traditional?

The link Tetra gave you doesn't show you how to type in Traditional writing but only simplified.

It took me awhile to figure out how to do this because I couldn't find any pages on-line that teaches you to set it to write in TRADITIONAL CHINESE. They all teach you how to type in Simplified Chinese which I am bad at reading.

I did screen captures of my compouter and I hope this helps you. You need to go to your control panel and go to Regional and language options. Click on language tab, then Details....Then to this....

Chinese1.jpg

Chinese2.jpg

Then apply. Then on your language tool bar, select Chinese(Taiwan) and the selection should look like this.

Lbar.jpg

If it looks like this then you are ready to type in traditional Chinese using PinYin!

這樣了解嗎? :)

^Interesting...你有看整頁嗎?我用他們寫的做法,然後我不是在打繁體字嗎? :P

4. You also get near the lower left corner of the desktop a menu for the options in Chinese (Simplified) - MS-Pinyin98.

The default input mode is Chinese, as indicated by the . button, the first on the menu. If you click on it, you change the input mode to English, as . changes to . on the menu. Change the input mode back to Chinese by clicking on the toggle button . . The fifth button on the left, . , allows toggling between simplified and traditional Chinese characters (it is greyed out if the input mode is changed to English). If you click on . , you switch from simplified to traditional characters, as indicated by the button . . You can have both simplified and traditional characters in the same document!

^Interesting...你有看整頁嗎?我用他們寫的做法,然後我不是在打繁體字嗎? :P

I had 98 and that works but I'm on XP now and that doesn't apply?

I tried using #10 on that webpage but I couldn't get it to work at all. =T

I have concerns for people about pinyin.

There's still a number of people that are clearly using mandarin, but their pinyin is totally whack >_____>

Like I'm taiwanese, so essentially I learned zhu yin fu hao, and even when I entered chinese school (taiwanese teachers + system, so all traditional characters + zhu yin fu hao), but it didn't take a long time to master pinyin o_O

Teachers were actually surprised that I could do both fluently. Now all I need to do is master reading, writing, and my vocabulary and I'm all set -_-

I had 98 and that works but I'm on XP now and that doesn't apply?

I tried using #10 on that webpage but I couldn't get it to work at all. =T

啊。。。那我就不知道了。我用的是windows xp =/

你是不是再用Chinese(PRC)?

我還沒有試Chinese(taiwan)。。。

There's still a number of people that are clearly using mandarin, but their pinyin is totally whack >_____>

Like I'm taiwanese, so essentially I learned zhu yin fu hao, and even when I entered chinese school (taiwanese teachers + system, so all traditional characters + zhu yin fu hao), but it didn't take a long time to master pinyin o_O

Teachers were actually surprised that I could do both fluently. Now all I need to do is master reading, writing, and my vocabulary and I'm all set -_-

啊。。。那我就不知道了。我用的是windows xp =/

你是不是再用Chinese(PRC)?

我還沒有試Chinese(taiwan)。。。

I'm using Chinese(Taiwan)

I can't remember the zhu yin fu hao now. I learned pin yin in college (I took Chinese classes to brush up on my writing because it became poor after I moved here). I can read and all but if you give me a piece of paper to write Chinese with, I'd have trouble remember the characters. 中文字實在是複雜! (I use pin yin to write with the computer in Chinese BTW.)

I'm using Chinese(Taiwan)

I can't remember the zhu yin fu hao now. I learned pin yin in college (I took Chinese classes to brush up on my writing because it became poor after I moved here). I can read and all but if you give me a piece of paper to write Chinese with, I'd have trouble remember the characters. 中文字實在是複雜! (I use pin yin to write with the computer in Chinese BTW.)

你是中國人or日本人? 我記得你之前提過校服, 但我不知道 中國有沒有校服, 你到底來自哪個國家? :D

and thanks for instructions on how to type in traditional, haha..I hate simplified

你是中國人or日本人? 我記得你之前提過校服, 但我不知道 中國有沒有校服, 你到底來自哪個國家? :D

and thanks for instructions on how to type in traditional, haha..I hate simplified

我媽媽是上海人/爸爸是台灣人. 我是台灣來的 =) 台灣也有穿校服! 我穿了八年的制服 (幼稚園也要穿) :blush:

你也會中文? 真利害! :w00t: (I had a friend who was Caucasian and his Chinese was very awesome too) We took Chinese classes together in college and he went to study abroad in China for awhile. So cool :blush:

Guest tranced_azn

whoo!! finally there's a thread like this. hehe, needed some chinese assistance and practice. :lol: ^.^ btw, does anyone know how to type using bopomofo? it's such a pain...so i use hanyu pinyin. lol, and i dont like simplified too :blush:. actually, i think it's easier if you know traditional first, then simpified because the simplified characters were derived from the traditional ones, and the traditional characters are relatively harder, but imo are aestetically more pleasing (most of the time, lol).

edit: thanks for the instructions to use pinyin on traditional. 謝謝你.

我媽媽是上海人/爸爸是台灣人. 我是台灣來的 =) 台灣也有穿校服! 我穿了八年的制服 (幼稚園也要穿) :blush:

你也會中文? 真利害! :w00t: (I had a friend who was Caucasian and his Chinese was very awesome too) We took Chinese classes together in college and he went to study abroad in China for awhile. So cool :blush:

A lot of caucasian people went for chinese cause of the whole mandarin wave, but like a few months later, they dropped out and said chinese was BS language and they don't see why anyone would like it.

Ha, uncommitted n00bs.

whoo!! finally there's a thread like this. hehe, needed some chinese assistance and practice. :lol: ^.^ btw, does anyone know how to type using bopomofo? it's such a pain...so i use hanyu pinyin. lol, and i dont like simplified too :blush:. actually, i think it's easier if you know traditional first, then simpified because the simplified characters were derived from the traditional ones, and the traditional characters are relatively harder, but imo are aestetically more pleasing (most of the time, lol).

edit: thanks for the instructions to use pinyin on traditional. 謝謝你.

個 = 个 <---- I still don't see how that derived from the traditional form :lol:

I know how to type with zhuyin fuhao, but I hate it. The keyboard guide doesn't really help either -_-

Pinyin is actually very easy, so I'm not sure why some people find it difficult to master pinyin. :huh: However, I'm not very familiar with zhuyin. :(

Archived