NBA

Guest Chioster

Guest gjak1117

Indiana and Detroit are both in the Central Division if I'm not mistaken. So anyway... the New Jersey Nets, Detroit Pistons, and Miami Heat may very well lead their respective divisions in my opinion. You can't tell me that the return of Jason Kidd, a healthy Richard Jefferson, and Vince Carter won't be a formidable eastern conference team this season.

I agree... the question is how much of an impact can the Cavaliers make in their division? I think they might be able to turn some heads.

meanwhile, yay! curry passed his physical and is now a Knick.

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest EYJAYJAY

i believe warriors can be a surprise this season as long as baron stays healthy.

other teams to watch out for:

rockets (their addition of alston, swift, and anderson really helps them)

pacers (with artest back, a healthy lineup, the addition of granger and Jasikevicius.. they can be a killer)

new jersey (big 3; but.. they wont go very far with that front court)

Guest babeexlo7

OMG.. they got one of mai players... ANTONIO DANIELS.. now dat da Washington Wizards got him.. their guna be gewd.. SONICs arent guna be gewd as before now.. awwwwwwww .. im guna miss da players.. JEROME JAMES!! Antonio Daniels.. radmonivic.. sad sad..

Guest iamsh3d

Indiana and Detroit are both in the Central Division if I'm not mistaken. So anyway... the New Jersey Nets, Detroit Pistons, and Miami Heat may very well lead their respective divisions in my opinion. You can't tell me that the return of Jason Kidd, a healthy Richard Jefferson, and Vince Carter won't be a formidable eastern conference team this season.

sorry.. i meant conference

and although i agree on Kidd, Jeffereson, and Carter make a scary "big 3" ... but they lack almost everything else... McInnis as backup is good... but their frontcourt of Nenad Kirstic, Jason Collins, and Marc Jackson just wont do in my opinion... Indiana has good front and backcourt in Sarunas Jasikevicius , Jamaal Tinsley, Stephen Jackson and Danny Granger(although we dont know for sure) for their backcourt.. and O'neal and Artest (not sure if he'd be considered as a backcourt or frontcourt cause he plays SF.. and they can go both ways sometimes..." but i think thats pretty darn impressive lineup

I agree... the question is how much of an impact can the Cavaliers make in their division? I think they might be able to turn some heads.

meanwhile, yay! curry passed his physical and is now a Knick.

i dont see Cavs being a REAL championship contenders... i think they'll most definitely make playoffs.. unless some freak accidents of injuries, suspensions, or whatnot happens.... the 6 teams i listed were the teams i think will have the best chances of winning the Championship (although i think Spurs will ultimately win it all in the end)... i think the Finals matchup of Spurs vs Miami would be freakin awesome.... deepest two teams..... but i shouldnt be talking about the finals already.. the season hasnt even started yet :P .. im gettin too excited already hahaha :D

Guest Viet_teKniks

DALLAS MAVERICKS...PWNAGE THIS YEAR..I PROMISE

DALLASCOWBOYS AT LEAST AT LEAST (8-8)

GO DALLAS MAVS AND COWBOYS....

Guest Ginoizzle

^uhhhh..........no

Dallas wont even past the 2nd round, I feel like Dirk will have a break out season tho!

For conference finals, gonna be

Spurs VS Rockets/Suns

Indiana VS Miami/Detroit

Guest JuWon6o

^uhhhh..........no

Dallas wont even past the 2nd round, I feel like Dirk will have a break out season tho!

For conference finals, gonna be

Spurs VS Rockets/Suns

Indiana VS Miami/Detroit

Dirk did have a break out season last season. I agree though, Dallas probably won't make it past the second round but its not impossible.

Guest gjak1117

sorry.. i meant conference

i dont see Cavs being a REAL championship contenders... i think they'll most definitely make playoffs.. unless some freak accidents of injuries, suspensions, or whatnot happens.... the 6 teams i listed were the teams i think will have the best chances of winning the Championship (although i think Spurs will ultimately win it all in the end)... i think the Finals matchup of Spurs vs Miami would be freakin awesome.... deepest two teams..... but i shouldnt be talking about the finals already.. the season hasnt even started yet :P .. im gettin too excited already hahaha :D

ah sorry i thought you meant divisions. No I agree with you, I don't think they're the best championship contenders at this point either, but i do think they can give Indiana a bit of a run for their money...

And Spurs/Miami finals would be awesome... and it wouldn't be surprising if it turned out that way.

Guest EYJAYJAY

im really thinking the spurs getting the trophy again this year, detroit, indiana and miami can put up a fight though.

umm.. cavs are definitely playoff material, but i really dont see them contending yet till they have a true pointguard.

Guest Ginoizzle

Dirk did have a break out season last season. I agree though, Dallas probably won't make it past the second round but its not impossible.

U think so?

I think dirk had a typical last season...

I think dirk can do a little better this coming season than what he did last year lolz

Guest Ginoizzle

^The Mavs was always his team....

But with Nash AND Finley out...he should be puttin them stats up...

Only other offensive threats is Terry, Stack, and a little from Marquese and Howard

Guest epark1281

I think a lot of us are forgetting that Dirk was transitioning his game ever since nash left. When nash was handling the ball, Dirk could spot up and pop; he rarely had to create his own shot. Terry is a very good PG, but he has a shoot first game. Dirk has had to create his own shot for most of the season. Whenever you lose a set up guy, you'll see a loss in production. Now Dirk has to run around picks and go east to west on the court to get open, as apposed to nash whirling and tirling in the middle of the lane and dumping the ball off to Dirk for an open shot. As long as terry is running the point, i really don't see how the mavs can be a championship team. Dirk is good, but you have to be worried when you only have 1 reliable player. Last season in the playoffs, terry waxed and waned in point production, and dampier is a VERY emotional player, once he has a bad half, he'll get down on himself and disappear. Regardless of what He may think, Dampier is not a dominant center in the league. Face it, when he was putting up monster numbers, he was playing on a BAD team. Does anybody HONESTLY thinks that Josh Childress would see any PT on any other team?, Even in Orlando? Same thing with Dampier, he's a SECOND TIER center who had first tier numbers on a BAD GS team. Let me also say one last thing, now Dallas needs Dirk now more than ever to carry the offensive load, this means more PT for Dirk, and you all know that means an increased chance of getting injured. Don't be suprised, You heard it here first, don't be suprised if Dirk sits out 10-15 games due to injury. And it's not like he's been working out in the summer, he's been playing ball in germany.

That's my word

thanks for reading

Guest Ginoizzle

^Hopefully

I wish AI and Cwebb win one...they both really deserve a chip...

But i aint rooting for them over mah spurs no way no how..mwahaha

Guest gjak1117

I think a lot of us are forgetting that Dirk was transitioning his game ever since nash left. When nash was handling the ball, Dirk could spot up and pop; he rarely had to create his own shot. Terry is a very good PG, but he has a shoot first game. Dirk has had to create his own shot for most of the season. Whenever you lose a set up guy, you'll see a loss in production. Now Dirk has to run around picks and go east to west on the court to get open, as apposed to nash whirling and tirling in the middle of the lane and dumping the ball off to Dirk for an open shot. As long as terry is running the point, i really don't see how the mavs can be a championship team. Dirk is good, but you have to be worried when you only have 1 reliable player. Last season in the playoffs, terry waxed and waned in point production, and dampier is a VERY emotional player, once he has a bad half, he'll get down on himself and disappear. Regardless of what He may think, Dampier is not a dominant center in the league. Face it, when he was putting up monster numbers, he was playing on a BAD team. Does anybody HONESTLY thinks that Josh Childress would see any PT on any other team?, Even in Orlando? Same thing with Dampier, he's a SECOND TIER center who had first tier numbers on a BAD GS team. Let me also say one last thing, now Dallas needs Dirk now more than ever to carry the offensive load, this means more PT for Dirk, and you all know that means an increased chance of getting injured. Don't be suprised, You heard it here first, don't be suprised if Dirk sits out 10-15 games due to injury. And it's not like he's been working out in the summer, he's been playing ball in germany.

That's my word

thanks for reading

yeah what he said.

meanwhile, i'm happy for the 76ers and Iverson, but it doesn't matter because they're going to get blown out of the water! yay for a revamped Eastern Conference!

Guest epark1281

now........

wat is ur point in breaking all that down :huh:

for all those who have high hopes of seeing mavs crowned NBA champions

Archived