[movie 2009] Closer To Heaven 내사랑 내곁에

Guest kdramafanusa

Source: Javabeans

Kwon Sang-woo drops film, pisses off production

October 26th, 2008 // by javabeans

http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/7830/kw...9487f676bq8.jpg

Newly wedded Kwon Sang-woo (Fate, Bad Love) has dropped out at the last minute of what would have been his next film project, My Love By My Side, and criticism is building.

Apparently Kwon had made every commitment to appear in the project save for putting his seal on the contract (which often doesn’t happen until the last minute).The film, which was set to begin filming next month, now struggles in the wake of this unforeseen hurdle. The production company said that they received word suddenly over the weekend, after the terms of the contract, fees, and other details had been worked out: “He didn’t even explain his reasons for quitting. We’re all bewildered.”

Kwon Sang-woo was to have played a sufferer of Lou Gehrig’s disease, also known as ALS (amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, a degenerative illness), and had been cast opposite Ha Ji-won, who is still cast in the film. He held a fanmeeting in Japan just yesterday, on the 25th, where he announced, “Contrary to reports, my next project will be a drama series.”

The production is currently looking for a new lead actor.

Hm, what happened, Kwon? Did marriage make you suddenly forget your manners?

Via Herald Biz

The comment is kinda hash...there may be some reasons we didnt know, let's wait for Sangwoo side and see what he have to say.

frankly i'm happy that he quit this role.

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ishida21

Well... Bad news (or not).

First, I don't expect too much about one of my unfulfilled dream about Korean movies/dramas, but it will be awesome if they cast Jo In-seong and recreate one of the greatest Korean pairing :wub:, who knows...

Anyway, I must say the male character looks very interesting to play for an actor, they must choose (again) the right one for this.

^

Oh, that's some bad news. I would've wanted them to be in a movie together again. Guess I have to wait for KSW side before I say something else. I just wish that he will say something and hopefully his reason are more than enough.

Anyway, I hope this movie finds a new male lead soon. I can't think of anyone right now. But I hope whoever it might be should be someone who wouldn't be overshadowed by HJW popularity, bottomline it has to be someone who is also famous in the industry. :)

The comment is kinda hash...there may be some reasons we didnt know, let's wait for Sangwoo side and see what he have to say.

frankly i'm happy that he quit this role.

dear, JAvabean always put their own taste and self-judgement into any news/article source they reposted... I see many articles about others, they also seasoned in some spices!

This author/translator of Javabean must be non or anti..

:rolleyes:

actually, m not surpised by KSW's decision but by the production team announcing they will start shooting next month! They always said that there lack of investment... shortage of capital! So Kwon Sang Woo has given the idea that he will release the burden of the productor by not receiving the paid. He only receives the share after this movie export to foreign...

Thats quite a good ideas to help the production speeding up the shooting, however they keep quiet, no response!!

its best to quit it! <_<

HHHmmmm.... how about So Ji Sub?!! I think he will be a good candidate for a replacement or Yoon Kye Sung.... or Kang Dong Won from Duelist or maybe her other co-star in "What happened in Bali" or Song Seung Heun.... hehhe... My Best candidates tho would be Kang Dong Won, So Ji Sub or Yoon Kye Sung.... What do u guys think?

A clever person need to hear from 2 sides..

After many unilateral claiming reports today, finally here goes another side report... Fantoment on behalf of Kwon Sang Woo.

Film Production company issued an unilateral absurd announcement.

Newsen [2008-10-27 17:17:39]

2008102717173010031rf8.jpg

Kwon Sang-woo's agent, FANTOM Entertainment company today responded to some unilateral news regarding Kwon Sang Woo's cancelation on the movie, has informed that, "Kwon Sang-woo has contributed himself for this movie since before his wedding taken place. He is training to loss weight of more than 10kilos to meet the request of the role. He also studied and practise for his character and always well prepared for shooting." He added "The fact is that because the film industry is in recession, lacking of fiscal investment. There are many request from investor to contribute but the film production company always escapes or no response." "It is prudent to verify the investigation, and after a careful consideration, today (October 27) we and film production company will have meeting to come to agreement however the final decision has not yet made. What are spreading by media that Kwon Sang Woo canceled performances is unacceptable."

Fantom Entertainment Company also refuted the information from the film production company that Kwon Sang-woo and his company deliberately broke ties. "In order to present in a Fanmeet on October 205 Kwon Sang Woo left for Japan on October 24. Before the departure he had a meeting with film production company and both side come to some agreement. However today film production company tried to ignore that agreement, to make one-sided report groundless speculation."

Source: http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=200810271717301003

--------------------

they wanna to PR their production by stirring a blame on Kwon SAng Woo!

No wonder nobody invested!

Guest purpleZ

It's too bad that Kwon Sang Woo dropped out of this movie or is it not yet confirmed?

Well, I hope they will come up with someone else up to par to act alongside HJW. I have many actors in my mind. I've been hoping for a reunion between HJW and Jo In Sung. So he's on top of my list. Then Song Seung Hun, Lee Byung Hun and Rain. :rolleyes:

Guest kdramafanusa

Source: VARIETY

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117994842.html

Posted: Tue., Oct. 28, 2008, 5:32pm PT

Kwon Sang-woo pulls out of 'Flower'

Korean actor leaves Park Jin-pyo film

By HAN SUNHEE

SEOUL -- Korean actor Kwon Sang-woo ("Fate") has pulled out of helmer Park Jin-pyo's "A Flower Man," produced by Lee Eugene for Zip Cinema, a month before shooting was due to begin.

Kwon's agency Fantom Entertainment said that the thesp had concerns about the investment and distribution status of the film.

Eugene said that the pic would move forward and that he was hunting for a new lead.

Guest purpleZ

So KSW is definitely out already. That's too bad really. How about those hard work he's put in for this role?

For me, I hope they will choose Rain. Hehehe. Or Jo In Sung. But he'll enlist soon.

I'm curious who they'll pick.

KSw had to work hard for the role in this movie, he had to bicycle from his house to Han River every nite to loss weigh.. 10 kgs.. and spending time to invest the role!

He even had dinner and chatted with the PD before he left for Japan Oct 24. All were coming to agreement until they unilaterally stirred out that the actor quit the role without notice!

The matter is, the production always keep neglection to all the outside invest concern or all contribution suggetion.. now they said that they will start shooting in mid of Nov ! ???? :wacko:

Looked like Aladin bring money to them with the help of teapot!! :tongue2: :tongue2:

News to spread to everyone, should be under light and objective! based on both sides..

We cant say anything if only one party shouted out like a thief crying "STOP THIEF" !!

• 1 month later...
Guest kdramafanusa
Guest White Star

It took me a while to register KMM.....he look sooo much older in Beethoven Virus. Very excited. I'm happy about the cast..... (eventhough i secretly wanting Jo In Sung or Kang Dong Won before the news)

+WS+

Guest kdramafanusa

They won DaeSang from KBS Drama Awards in 2005 & 2006, he presented the award to her in 2006. Let me look for pics. :wub:

2006 KBS Drama Awards

2005 DaeSang winner Kim Myung-Min (The Immortal Yi Soon-Shin) announcing the winner

20070101022913.753.0.jpg

http://media.daum.net/entertain/broadcast/...30&p=newsen

Ha Ji-Won (Hwang Jin-Yi)

20070101073214.799.0.jpg

http://media.daum.net/entertain/broadcast/...30&p=newsen

2006 DaeSang winner Ha Ji-Won VS 2005 DaeSang winner Kim Myung-Min

20070101022912.579.0.jpg

http://media.daum.net/entertain/broadcast/...79&p=newsen

20070101022414.743.0.jpg

http://media.daum.net/entertain/broadcast/...62&p=newsen

Guest kdramafanusa

Source: Javabeans

Kim Myung-min replaces Kwon Sang-woo

December 11th, 2008 // by javabeans

kmm29ts0.jpg

When Kwon Sang-woo dropped out of the film My Love By My Side at the last minute, he gave no explanation and left the production in a lurch at crunch time. The role sounded meaty — his character suffers from Lou Gehrig’s disease, a degenerative condition, and grows progressively debilitated while retaining a humorous mentality. It also stars opposite Ha Ji-won (Hwang Jini).

But the production has rebounded, and better than ever, because Kim Myung-min, the powerhouse actor from Beethoven Virus and White Tower, is now taking the role.

A big step up, in my opinion! And I don’t mean that as a knock at Kwon Sang-woo; Kim Myung-min is just that good.

Via DongA

Archived