Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The O F F I C I A L "what To Wear With This" Thread

Replies

• seaweed333seaweed333 ⓜⓔⓛ. ⓐⓤⓢ.Posts: 1,030Member
    edited June 2008
    QUOTE (husssh @ Jun 24 2008, 10:36 AM) »
    oohhhh i bought a pair of oxfords that went on sale a couple of months ago..
    and i still haven't worn them at all, i feel like i wasted $95.
    but i absolutely don't know what to wear them with.. =( i just bought them cause they were so pretty.

leather jackets, etc..
  • SM TownSM Town Posts: 356Member
    oo yayy i love this thread

okk so i got this shirt that i wanted
    and it doesnt seem to go with anything
    especially with jeans it just looks, blah

ideas?

• kandikandi Posts: 3,789Member
    thanks for the advice sweetbow, classic x & ftislandsarang! helped alot. gonna get the shoes in red haha
    IMG_1283-1-1.png
    store|polkadot&lace : â™¥ freebie with every order â™¥
    blog| nanna nap
  • abviolinplayerabviolinplayer GeorgiaaaPosts: 1,957Member
    I've been looking foreverrr trying to find a cami to go under this shirt
    pretty pleeease! ^^
  • bEllAfREShbEllAfRESh christmas islandPosts: 552Member

ROOKIE

QUOTE (starrie @ Jun 19 2008, 01:20 AM) »
    I bought some straight leg evisus on an impulse buy.
    They kinda look like (just a darker wash; almost black):

Now, the thing is I'm pretty skinny so they're kinda baggy on me and I feel like a guy whenever I wear them... any ideas on how to feminine this up? I don't know why but I can't seem to find anything that matches very well with these but at the same time still looks cute and girly. T wT

to fem. that up i would wear like a bow headband and a tight fitting tee lol
    or a bow tie baby doll shirt :] i loike dem jeans
    keep playin' playa'
  • bEllAfREShbEllAfRESh christmas islandPosts: 552Member

ROOKIE

QUOTE (swtaznbunny @ Jun 20 2008, 03:16 AM) »
    omg so in need of help too.

I bought this skirt at forever21.com and then i realized..that i have no shirt to go with it.

I keep thinking that..maybe a white? or an ivory colored shirt with ..slight ruffles?
    I tried looking at forever21 and charlotte russe..but then the shirts either didn't fit or something else ..dah!

Thanks for the help or else..this skirt shall sit in the deep corners of my drawers

oowah! its soo pretty! you know dress shirts? like these shirts http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=227119
    i think that might look pretty
    or a shirt like that without the bow
    um thats all i can think of lol
    keep playin' playa'
  • greentigreenti Credits: Me~ TexasPosts: 2,935Member
    Thank you to the people who gave me suggestions~ ^__^
    they were really helpful image
  • classic xclassic x love me? lovely landPosts: 1,561Member
    edited June 2008
    please dont quote images hahaha ^^;

QUOTE (abviolinplayer @ Jun 23 2008, 10:50 PM) »I've been looking foreverrr trying to find a cami to go under this shirt
    pretty pleeease! ^^
    imghm white shorts go with everything...and like navy flipflops?ahh all i do in this thread is suggest white LOL
    love lasts

• miyawoksmiyawoks Posts: 936Member

IDOL

i made a thread asking help on what to wear with a pair of white mid calf (capri length) leggings, but someone referred me here.... so now i'm asking for help here... how do you dress up white leggings without looking small?

thanks!!
    Shinhwa: March 24, 1998 - Forever.

bset made by leechunsa
  • sweetbowsweetbow Posts: 1,164Member
    edited June 2008
    simplicity x3:definetly a white tee with a "v" neck
    (I know it's grey but the white picture you couldn't really see the V so just imagine it white)
    A long necklace would also look nice(pendant maybe),umm I think that you should stick to flats since in my opinion bare shorts (with no tights and whatnot) with heels looks a bit trashy.

intricaciesx:I think you should pair it up with a black skinny,flats,a higher tank underneath and a grey sweater i guess.
    My friend has almost the exact same thing, it might sound awkard but it looks really nice on her.

husssh:For kind of an edgy look, i think that layering with tights and dark denim shorts would look nice with a baggier tee.

SM Town:maybe layer it with a tank under and since the shirt looks long enough why not with capris leggings

abviolinplayer: umm i think a red tank would be a nice pop of colour.

miyawoks:A girl in my school wore white leggings under khaki short shorts with a plaid halter over a white tank, i think that'd look nice.
  • classic xclassic x love me? lovely landPosts: 1,561Member
    edited June 2008
    QUOTE (sweetbow @ Jun 26 2008, 10:58 AM) »
    classic x:definetly a white tee with a "v" neck
    img(I know it's grey but the white picture you couldn't really see the V so just imagine it white)A long necklace would also look nice(pendant maybe),umm I think that you should stick to flats since in my opinion bare shorts (with no tights and whatnot) with heels looks a bit trashy.intricaciesx:I think you should pair it up with a black skinny,flats,a higher tank underneath and a grey sweater i guess.My friend has almost the exact same thing, it might sound awkard but it looks really nice on her.husssh:For kind of an edgy look, i think that layering with tights and dark denim shorts would look nice with a baggier tee.SM Town:maybe layer it with a tank under and since the shirt looks long enough why not with capris leggingsabviolinplayer: umm i think a red tank would be a nice pop of colour.miyawoks:A girl in my school wore white leggings under khaki short shorts with a plaid halter over a white tank, i think that'd look nice.huh?hahaah i didnt ask for anything i think?
    love lasts

• *karina**karina* EnglandPosts: 703Member
    QUOTE (husssh @ Jun 24 2008, 01:36 AM) »
    but i absolutely don't know what to wear them with.. =( i just bought them cause they were so pretty.

OXFORD.JPEGi tried them with my skinny jeans, it just doesn't look right..and i can wear them with regular jeans.. but then they'll be covered!For a nighttime look they would work well with a bright dress and black tights.For daytime some smart looking linen shorts or skinny jeans with layered tanks, a waistcoat and some nice pearl jewellery.QUOTE (SM Town @ Jun 24 2008, 02:12 AM) »oo yayy i love this threadokk so i got this shirt that i wanted and it doesnt seem to go with anything especially with jeans it just looks, blahideas?52488691-02.jpg52488691-02.jpgWhite skinny jeans, navy shoes and some chunky pink accessories (bangles would probably work best with that top) would be nice for a casual look.Or if you're short enough, wear it as a dress.
  • Sam SikSam Sik Seomate CanadaPosts: 2,207Member
    Hi I was wondering what to wear with Blazers/Sport Coats in terms of casual wear out to malls, streets, whatever.

Like this image

Disregard everything else, just the blazer is what I'm asking for. I don't have the exact color. Mine is brown. But same style and brand.

• bigfatPANDAbigfatPANDA I'm not really a panda. Bay Area, California Loves: 2PM&SHINeePosts: 2,162Member
    QUOTE (SM Town @ Jun 23 2008, 06:12 PM) »
    oo yayy i love this thread

okk so i got this shirt that i wanted
    and it doesnt seem to go with anything
    especially with jeans it just looks, blah

ideas?

http://www.forever21.com/images/large/52488691-02.jpg[/img]
    http://www.forever21.com/images/back/52488691-02.jpg[/img]

shorts + opaque leggings? or you can try to layer the top with a tee underneath and add some shorts. if the shirt goes past your butt or covers your butt, you can wear it with some leggings. (:

QUOTE (Sam Sik @ Jun 26 2008, 12:12 PM) »
    Hi I was wondering what to wear with Blazers/Sport Coats in terms of casual wear out to malls, streets, whatever.

Like this http://msnbcmedia4.msn.com/j/ap/nyll10709100306.widec.jpg[/img]

Disregard everything else, just the blazer is what I'm asking for. I don't have the exact color. Mine is brown. But same style and brand.

for casual, i'd say a nice simple vneck or crew cut tee is fine. or you can draw some style inspirations from DBSK, yunho really rocks the simple blazer + tee look.

• lananhcali18lananhcali18 OCPosts: 1,367Member
    What should I wear with this?
    "You're placed in my heart, just like my tattoo."
    MY 411

• Migumii_Migumii_ Posts: 518Member

ROOKIE

^
    I say put on a sleeveless(sp) blouse (could be white or be different &try colours like teal or red )
    and on top of that maybe a skinny belt loosely around the sweater
    &a pair of nice skinny's along with heels
    I'd wear it like that
    "Our bodies break down, sometimes when we're 90,
    sometimes before we're even born, but it always happens and there's never any dignity in it.
    I don't care if you can walk, see, wipe your own Richard Simmons. It's always ugly. Always.
    You can live with dignity, we can't die with it."
  • sweetbowsweetbow Posts: 1,164Member
    edited June 2008
    QUOTE (classic x @ Jun 26 2008, 10:58 AM) »
    huh?
    hahaah i didnt ask for anything i think?

Oh sorry i just realized i got the username wrong sorry! I mixed you up with simplicity x3.
  • simplicity_x3simplicity_x3 TX, USAPosts: 956Member
    QUOTE (sweetbow @ Jun 26 2008, 07:17 PM) »
    Oh sorry i just realized i got the username wrong sorry! I mixed you up with simplicity x3.

Thanks for the advise, I'll definitely try it out! image
  • KizokuKizoku Massachusetts, USAPosts: 428Member
    edited June 2008
    QUOTE (husssh @ Jun 23 2008, 06:36 PM) »

OXFORD.JPEGi tried them with my skinny jeans, it just doesn't look right..and i can wear them with regular jeans.. but then they'll be covered!I posted this in the Style Icons thread.I love Miranda Kerr!I hope this helps...I don't really know if stockings are okay, but in this picture they would be overwhelming. A simple dress (black, maybe with a splash of color- an elegant color like midnight blue (?) or a nice dark cranberry purple). If I can find the dress I'll show it to you but it has that color palate, which I love!
    “We live in deeds, not years; in thoughts not breaths; in feelings, not in figures on a dial. We should count time by heart throbs. He most lives who thinks most, feels the noblest, acts the best.”
    -Aristotle
  • xstarBURSTxstarBURST no. somewhere in a box.Posts: 4,726Member

IDOL

edited June 2008

bought this 2 months ago and never wore it =x tags still attached
    so what shoes would go with it? Im thinking keeping it simple to white flip flops and i guess wedges? not the uber high ones but the tiny ones like:

I don't mind heels, its just... they take forever to stretch out D;