[Drama 2009] Boys Over Flowers / Hana Yori Dango 꽃보다 남자

Rebby

I don't know who that actor is.. but, he's a good looking guy!! Hopefully he can act and carry Rui's character really well. Also, I thought he almost looks like the Rui Japanese Version.. (or probably just the hair color?... lol). I don't mind if he's a new actor, as long as he can act!! Just remember, Goong's actors were new, and see what happened to them now! Famous.. !

Guest shabashindy

OK! This is a little bit shocking.... Kim Hyun Joong as Hanazawa Rui :blink: Am I the only one shocked here? :mellow:

Certainly, I don't have anything against the guy. Heck, I even think he's the best among SS501 beside Young Saeng... I like his acting at least the Music drama he was in (Eru's)... And in We Got Married, him and HwangBuin are ONE of my favorite couples. BUT, please not as Hanazawa Rui.

I'm sorry to all the people who don't agree with me... I'm not trying to be little him. But, Oguri Shun raised Hanazawa Rui's level to the maximum.

I actually wanted the F4 and Makino to be either experienced well known actors or new unfamiliar to the public faces, and definitely not any boy band casting.... -_-

Please, don't hate me... I don't hate you

I totally agree.

When I first heard this I was like what...?

yeah and my thoughts didn't change since yesterday.

I'm still skeptical about this but if thats what they chose then...what ever. but sigh yeah oguri shun did make hanazawa's level to the maximum.

I think their gonna use all new actors for this casting. I dont know just my guess.

@huangsy: Ahhh! Thanx for the news ^^ This thread disappeared before so I thought maybe there really wouldn't be a Korean remake of Hana Yori Dango after all, that it was all just a rumour. Anyway, since Hyun Joong has been casted as Rui it seems like this drama will definite come to pass ^o^ *yay for that!*

Never heard of Hyung Joon, but I watched that MV thanx to the youtube link that was posted here. He seems cute, but I agree with those who thinks we should judge him after we've seen him act. I'm not even gonna speculate about the rest of the cast, I think they'll pull a Goong on us: that is come forth with a cast consisting of new actors and actresses and hopefully they'll live up to the expectations. It'd be too bad if the drama was ruined due to bad acting. I remember being really skeptical about the cast in Goong, and boy if I wasn't wrong XD So this time around I'll just wait patiently and trust the ones responsible to find the right ppl for the cast :P

LOL, only one mentioned liking Meteor Garden. Me, too, though it wasn't even near as glamorous or as well executed as the Japanese version but at least it followed the manga story faithfully whereas it was totally rushed in the latter. That ruined it for me, so I never liked Hana Yori dango as much as I should have. Also, I still think that Vic Zhou was better as Rui Hanazawa, but then again I'm biased because I've been a fan of his ever since I first saw him in that drama XD

I think the Korean remake will handle the story better than it was handled in the jdrama (first season was rushed like crazy and the second season dwelled too much on a certain part of the original story). That's just my opinion, so don't mince me to pieces :P. Anyway I'm definitely looking forward to see what the Korean remake will bring us XD

Guest j1youngxj3

i think that kang dongwon would make the BEST domyouji...and jo insung would make the best hanazawa rui...when my friend told me about this..i was totally thinking thoses two would be best..and jang geunksuk could be the tea making one..i forget his name..yoon eunhye would make a pretty nice makino...<3

can't wait for this.

Guest shinirza

is this for real???

i think kim hyunjoong as hanazawa rui is ok.. he's good looking.. and has this good boy aura..

Guest kdramafanusa

Came across this while googling.

~~~~~

June 21, 2008 by coolsmurf

The casting process for the Korean Hana Yori Dango has officially started.

The Korean version of Hana Yori Dango had seen immense success and popularity for the Taiwanese (2001) and Japanese version (2005) over the past few years. F4 had also become household names in Asia thanks to the drama and the “franchise” is being regarded as a star-making machine.

The Korean Hana Yori Dango is scheduled for broadcast early next year on KBS 2TV with fans in particular, very eager over who would be casted for the respective roles. In the latest rumours, it was reported that there were many calls from fans that SS501 leader, Kim Hyun Joong should be casted.

According to someone from Group Eight which will produce the drama, “We have discussed this with Kim Hyun Joong himself and his company but haven’t made the final decision yet.” DSP Entertainment expressed, “There’s too many things that we would have to do to accomodate his schedule, so we haven’t decide on whether he will be in the drama just yet”.

Why Hyun Joong then? The Group Eight official expressed, “We picked Hyun Joong based on his performance in MBC We Got Married with Hwang Bo and felt that he would be able to play the Rui character well.”

The producion company also reiterated their stand, “We are not going to just cast idols in the drama. There are many criteria that we look into. As long as it fits our criteria and image of the character, we will try to discuss the possibility regardless of whether he/she is an idol star or not.”

Bottomline is no one has been picked as yet and the selection process is just getting started. One confirmed thing is that it will be aired in 2009. Group Eight previously produced MBC dramas, “Fantasy Couple” and “Goong S”.

I think he is a good choice if he eventually gets picked. Frankly, idol stars over those with acting ability are more likely to work for this drama than anything else. But what will happen to SS501 in Japan if he takes up the offer? What about We Got Married? No wonder, they can’t decide now.

from http://coolsmurf.wordpress.com/2008/06/21/...s-rui-hanazawa/

~~~~~

Guest walkrunfly

omg *faints*

PLEASE LET JGS BE IN THIS! Jang Geun Suk is such a good actor! Not just a pretty face! He has talent!

Thanks for the news. I can't wait for F4! I've always wanted to watch a Korean version.

I can't really see Hyunjoon as Rui but he sure is better looking than oguri shun.

I think Jo Insung and kang dongwon are too old to play the part. -_- sorry to say. But if they are casted I'm sure they'll make the part their own since their wonderful actors as well.

Guest krcoffee

OMO! :D I'm looking forward to this drama as well.

We'll see how the sparks illuminate between the characters.

I'm disappointed that they did not pick the experienced actors/actresses yet.

Hopefully, Jang Geuk Suk gets a role. :)

They should get more promising actors/actresses as many countries had remade this drama.

Taiwan and Japan version of HANA YORI DANGO received a lot of praises.

Guest tennisball

OMG i hope hyun joong will be in it!!! even if he does suck at acting, i am still going to watch it only because of him :wub:

Guest jaejoongie <3

I'm pretty must 99.9% sure that Hyunjoong will be in this drama playing rui. (But rui is

gone for half of the drama series because he goes to Europe to chase after the one he loves this model person. They were close since they were young. And then in the end he comes back to makino but then goes back to the model girl.

)

Guest zuany

I just hope they will consider new, promising artists. No offense to anybody, but I'm kind of tired to see the same actors and actresses in similar type of characters lately. I'm crossing my fingers in hope that the producer would pick out the right face for each role, especially Makino's. If they don't do it justice, her character would be a pain in the *ss to watch throughout the series. Personally, I'd love to see Jang Geun Seok in it. He'll definitely look good with Domyoji's famous curly hair ROFL *Just kidding!* I do like to see Geun Seok in the cast list though.

Hyung Joong would be alright with Rui; at least, he seem to fit the image of an indifferent pretty guy. Hopefully, he will capture Rui's essence.

Guest bluberri_oreo

I can't wait to see it! I actually don't mind Kim Hyun Joong playing the role of Rui. In terms of looks, he fits the part. I saw the Taiwanese version and all the male main characters were played by singers turned actors. It ended up being a great series, so I'm not going to make any predictions on how well the show is going to be just cause Kim Hyun Joong is a singer.

Guest mtp1nk

hi all...

has this film set?

I mean, is thos really happening??

wow... remake of HYD..

SO far, this film has been filmed by taiwan and then japan....

Guest aneng

Awww... the drama will be air in 2009? That's too long. I want to watch the Korean version of Hana Yori Dango. I know they will do a good job with it.

Guest Anri Lin

I first heard about the casting of HyunJoong as Hanazawa Rui from POPSEOUL! and I was like -dropped mouth- -wide eyed-

So okay, I've accepted it now. But more importantly, who is Doumyouji? And Tsukushi?

I really hope its someone who is worthy enough to fill the roles.. as for the "HwangBo" rumoured casting, I think she can be the sister of Doumyouji as well, haha. Considering how HyunJoong and HwangBo have starred on Let's Get Married already, I think it should be smooth sailing for them ^^..

I can't wait for this to fill up and air though.

But I'll still say that HANA YORI DANGO. Yes, the JAPANESE version, is always the best!

So hopefully it will be like that xD Or close to it..

if hallyu stars will take up the roles then for sure it'll be popular.

Guest Sango2893

I am so excited for this drama now,I can't wait to see who else they cast ^^;

I just heard about HwangBo being casted in it too she would be perfect for Doumyouji's sister!

She has the perfect strong-independent-older-rich woman vibe lol.