Drinking Cold Water....

Heyyy

Better to drink cold water than warm b/c it burns more calories??
I was wondering if it was better to drink cold water than warm b/c drinking cold water makes you burn more calories. I don't know if this is a myth or not but just wondering. Because it kind of does make sense but idk, just wondering if anyone knows :D

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest <3goesDOKIDOKI

its true

because your body has to heat it up, therefore it uses more calories.

BUT the amt of calories u burn... is SOOOO little

you'll need to drink gallons upon gallons of water to even make a difference

=D

Guest eddyk1m

hahah yea actually learned this in my nutrition class.. you do burn calories.. but all the calories on food is Kcal's so.... good luck =)

Guest homesoy

Speaking of burning calories...does crying make you burn calories too? The tears are salt and when salt leaves your body you lose all that sodium lol

Well I've never heard of any calorie loss with a different temperature of water. Maybe your body loses heat with cold water to reach a thermal equilibrium and vice versa by gaining heat with warm water. Good question.

DRINK WARM WATER >.<

sheessh guys, drinking cold water at any time isnt any good for you, by drinking cold water your slowing you metabolism especielly after excercise when your really hot.

by drinknig coldwater your cooling yourself down. I dont think burning calories to warm water is actual legitamate...

The warmer you are the more calories your burn... thats why you over heat, thats why in extreme survival where its COLD you instincts make you wanna sleep more and tired in order to conserve energy

i read that TECHNICALLY... cold water DOES help burn calories [cuz for example, -0.0000000001 is still technically losing calories, but the question is, does it make a difference?].. so it's kinda pointless anyway. it's not healthy to consume extremely cold or extremely hot things though

Guest miss sweetie

really? it helps you burn calories? whoa. never knew that.

um i love cold water and drink it all the time but my mom told me its better to drink warm water cause like drink cold water slows down your like metabolism or was it digestive system. er dunno but like it slows down something and my mom said that its just going to make me fatter.

Archived