-=jo Sung Mo Official Thread=-

Guest pikapika

Guest pikapika

prince of korean ballads
I was a surprised and bit angry to find that there was no thread for jo sung mo here in soompi! Have we come too overly obsessed with the pretty boy bands that we have forgotten and neglected the original kpop classics?

He's in goondae right now so there's not much going on for him but hopefully when he comes back he'll crooooooon some more

i love him because hes adorable and when he sings i want to CRY. He also has the best music video dramas that work so well with his songs.

060110_josungmo.jpg

josungmo.jpg

0%20(54).jpg

0%20(52).jpg

2%20(5).jpg

2%20(25).jpg

Date of birth : February 28th, 1977

Height : 178cm

Weight : 60kg

Debut : To heaven (1998)

Hobbies : Basketball, skiing, movies

Favorite color : Black & white

Jo Sung-mo was born in Seoul in 1977. Right after graduating high school, he was picked up by an entertainment agency as a member of a dance group named 4004. However, the 4-member dance group couldn’t even make an official debut in the showbiz world. Only Jo Sung-mo among the 4 members was chosen to be trained as a solo singer. Jo Sung-mo had to work hard to transform himself from a singer who mainly did dance music into a ballad singer. His efforts paid off and in 1998, Jo could make a successful debut as a solo singer with “To Heaven.” Before releasing the album, Jo Sung-mo pursued a unique way of promoting his music. Unlike general singers of the times who first revealed their information and appeared before the audiences, Jo Sung-no hid himself behind the scenes of the music video of his title song in which big stars Lee Byeong-heon and Kim Ha-neul starred. It was the so-called “mysterious concept” under which the real singer of the song didn’t show up before the audiences in order to stimulate the curiosity by listeners. The strategy proved to be a success and Jo finally appeared in front of the audience at an appropriate timing. Following the success of the song “To Heaven,” the song “Immortal Love” was also a great hit putting Jo Sung-mo on top of stardom. Until the release of his 3rd album, Jo Sung-mo enjoyed great popularity. However, the 4th album that was released after quite a long hiatus was a failure for Jo. In 2004, Jo Sung-mo’s popularity was restored by singing the main theme song for a television series called “The Lovers of Paris.” The next year, Jo released his 6th official album entitled “My First.” The song “I’m Shedding Tears” recorded a great hit proving that Jo Sung-mo was still a star who enjoys his steady stance in the K-pop scene. Recently in 2005, Jo released “Classic 1 + 1, Grand Featuring” and is awaiting to do his military services.

To Heaven (1st album, 1998) : To Heaven, Regrets, Immortal Love, Until the Last Moment, Sad Expectations, Best, Story of Two Men

For Your Soul (2nd album, 1999) : For Your Soul, Scar, You & I, Sweet Baby, Evergreen, Nightmare, Love Song, Rainy Dreams

Classic (2.5th album, 2000) : Thorn Bush, The Way, Flying in the Deep Night, 1004, Always As Now, Lost Umbrella, Although I Loved You, Train to Chuncheon, I Loved Even the Pains

Let Me Love (3rd album, 2000) : Do You Know, Pledge, Lette’s River, To Your Next Love, Confession, The Love Story of the Little Prince, To the Moon, My Love, Promise Zoy Project 1st (2001) : It Had Been You, A Special Permission, I Wish You Good Luck, Pledge

No More Love (4th album, 2001) : Good-bye My Love, Truth, Never, You Don’t Know, Loving You

Beautiful Woman (5th album, 2003) : Piano, If It Were Mine, Why

My first (6th album, 2005) : Mr. Flower, I’m Shedding Tears, Untold Words, A Thousand Kisses

Classic 1+1 Grand Featuring (7th album, 2005) : If You Come Inside My Heart, Love letter, Love Journal

YOUTUBE links (videos and extra):

(oh good lordy this mv made me fall in love with jo sung mo...it makes me want to cry...it makes me want to hook up with a convinct)

if u dont know japanese and cant read krn its kinda confusing but its still good

um...even tho the casting is impressive...this has to be the lamest jsm mv i have ever seen -____-"

or so they say its hajiwon

not really jo sung mo but jaejoong imitating him

credits to: KBSWORLD,http://popculture.hwaiting.net/

[edit] on snap i just realized that he and i have the same bday! and so does bada from ses ^.^

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest truexskills

wow..im really shoscked that soompi didn't have a thread for jo sung mo..he's an incredible ballad singer..

i have a couple of his albums..i hope he comes back to create good music again :)

its unfortuante that i named sungsikyung my personal master of ballads just like a month ago..haha

Guest tutankhamun

definitely disapointed. Jo sung mo is such a prince of Kpop but people are just too busy to go after new groups in the scene. It was back then in 1998 that i saw To heaven and was totally fell for Jo and his ballad music. Especially those MV with: Shin hyun joon, Jung jun Ho, Choi ji woo and himself. He was a not bad in his MV though. Hope that he would have some great come back to the scene after the military services.

Guest damifino

Jo Sung Mo is Heechul's favorite singer so I downloaded a bunch of his songs to hear what he sounds like and he does have a beautiful voice. I especially love Piano and Mr. Flower. He's in the army now? When did he go?

Guest AzNxSwtAngeL

jo sungmo's one of the best ballad singers ever..i fell in love with him after hearing 'piano', and i love mr. flower and the OST for Lovers in Paris..

• 4 weeks later...
Guest hollerability

to heaven was one of those :tears: videos... so dramatic it was like a damn movie!! lol... I loved it. jo sungmo was a cutie. then he came out with hoo hweh and it was like WHOA! dance party jo sungmo!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest adikkeluangman

[Jo Sung Mo Participates In Drama OST]

moco3.jpg

Singer Jo Sung Mo, currently fulfilling his military service as a public worker, has found a way to stay in the spotlight—he has lent his voice to the OST of a television series. Jo Sung Mo’s new song, “Love is Tearful,” is the main theme of “Queen of Snow,” a mini-series on KBS television. Jo’s new song comes 8 months after his last performances on air. The touching melodies and lyrics of the song were written by the same songwriter who wrote the main theme song of “Lovers in Paris,” the hit drama whose OST also included Jo Sung Mo. “Love is Tearful” was first used in the 7th episode on the drama as the romantic background music for an important scene in which the two leading roles kiss for the first time.

Credits ~ KBS World Radio + Kpopper.com + noV@Kpop Kingdom

• 1 month later...
Guest chompoo

The first Jo sung mo's song that i've listened is "Bada" from the album Zoy Project (2001). I like his voice very much. After that I try to find other songs of his. I also like "To heaven", "Asheenahyo", "Piano", "For you" (OST. Truth), etc.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest NO NAME?

I love his voice! The first song that I heard from him is Endless Love. Jo Sung Mo is a great ballad singer. His songs are what got me into korean music.

Guest MUGETSU

::thumbs up::

Endless Love, To Heaven, For Your Soul, Ace of Sorrow, Do You Know?, Mr Flower, My Tear, Piano....etc etc.

I've been a big fan of Jo Sung Mo for a while...I bought his like greatest hits cd a few years ago.

Kim Bum Soo and Sung Si Kyung and Kim Gun Mo are great also.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived