Cast :

Choi Jae Sung as Dae-chi

Chae Si Ra as Yeo-ok

Park Sang Won as Ha-rim

Production Credits :

Writer: Song Ji Na

Director/Producer: Kim Jong Hak

Synopsis :

Based on a bestseller by Kim Seong Jong (1981), Eye of Dawn is the story of three young Koreans caught in the maelstrom of the nation's modern history. Spanning from the colonial period to the Korean War, the series brought to attention such issues as Japanese war crimes (especially the existence of 'comfort women') and the tragedies wrought by Korea's ideological divisions.

Trivia :

With a cast of 270+ (as well as 27,000+ extras), location shoots in the Philippines and China (unprecedented as South Korea had yet to normalize relations with its communist neighbor), three years in the making, Eye of Dawn was a huge critical and popular success, pioneering the 'special project' template.

It also paved the way for Sandglass (1995), Song Ji Na and Kim Jong Hak's next project for the budding and rival network, SBS.

Awards :

Baeksang Awards (1992): Daesang (Grand Prize), Best Drama, Best Director, Best Actor (Choi Jae Sung), Best Actress (Chae Si Ra)

Korean Broadcasting Awards (1992): Best Drama, Best Producer

Producers Association Awards (1993): Best Drama

Credits: Drama Wiki

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've never watched this myself, but I know this is a must watch.

I haven't seen this in any clubbox until now! ALL 36 EPISODES IN HIGH QUALITY can be downloaded at http://clubbox.co.kr/novasun!!! :w00t:

It's listed as Dⓐwn.Eⓨes. Just type in 'Dⓐwn.Eⓨes' in the search bar at that clubbox and all the episodes will come up.

Hopefully I'll have some free time to watch this soon.. :sweatingbullets:

I found this on a Naver blog.

Oh my god! This cast was huge!

Oh Yeon Soo, Jun Mi Sun, Kim Na Woon, Lim Chang Jung are in this too? I didn't know that.

a01jogamdok7ik8.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Guest imbestigador

Please post Some Video Clips For This drama,Preferrably Downloaded on Youtube and with English Subs So that Everyone Would See it.

Hi,

I couldn't believe it when I saw title of this forum. My husband been looking for this drama forever.

Unfortunately, Novasun CB no longer works. Is there anyone else who has this series in CB?

Thank you so much.

riverside has full episodes in high quality(700 mb).

http://clubbox.co.kr/riverside

It works....maybe you tried it when CB was converting to new format?

Anyway, hope you guys don't mind me asking this but since you guys like oldies...I'm looking for:

Jang Goon ae Ah Dul (General's Son)

Does anyone know where I can find this in CB?

Th links Didn't work....I wonder What the Problem is :(

Guest imbestigador

It works....maybe you tried it when CB was converting to new format?

Anyway, hope you guys don't mind me asking this but since you guys like oldies...I'm looking for:

Jang Goon ae Ah Dul (General's Son)

Does anyone know where I can find this in CB?

Oh,So you mean I Can Try it Even If I Don't Have a Clubbox Account....

Sorry,I Don't Have CB Account......

But I Have watched The First 4 Episodes On Naver Blog...... :phew:

Guest imbestigador

I Have Found This Blog on Naver.....

http://blog.naver.com/kmm11110

You will see The First 9 Episodes of EOD....Just Use The Search Bar For Searching EOD Video Clips....Sorry,But It Has No Subscripts.....

Warning:Some Clips On The Drama Are Very Sensitive....Pls Don't Eat While Watching,Thanks.

wow! 270 casts?! awesome! i hope it will be shown here in the phils especially that some scenes were taken here. thanks imbestigador!

Guest imbestigador

wow! 270 casts?! awesome! i hope it will be shown here in the phils especially that some scenes were taken here. thanks imbestigador!

GMA Got this Series Last Year,I Hope By Mid 2007 They Will Show It Without Cuts. ^_^

Archived