YG Entertainment

Guest back-sue

Guest back-sue

Official Topic of YG Entertainment Discussion
YG FAMILY - since 1996.

Artists: 1tym, Gummy, Big Mama, Se7en, Perry, Matsa Wu, Soulstar, Jinusean, BigBang, 45RPM, Moogadang, Lexy.

ADDRESS:

YG audition

Sangsu-dong 394-10 Hoseong Building 3F

Mapo-Gu, Seoul

South Korea, ZIP 121-829

KOREAN application form

ENGLISH application form REMEMBER: do not use this form. only use it to figure out the meaning of the sections in Korean form.

You would also wanna try:

Brosent [They train you in USA then send you off to Korea when you’re ready]

P.O. Box 176

Temple Hills, MD 20757, USA

Email: audition@brosent.com

FAQs

1. when is the YG online audition?

-we currently have no plans for an online audition. we accept mail auditions and for those whose mailed audition qualifies, that person will go through the online audition. for korean online auditions, for the auditioners, the time & date are given

2. is there an age limit to audition? do you guys have a preference of gender?

-we have no age limit . those with potential and talent are considered and we do not discriminate against neither males nor females

3. can only those with good singing voices audition?

-YG considers everyone with a talent, whether it be rapping, singing, etc. your singing probably hasn't been evaluated, but don't be afraid, and audition thinking that your talents are going to be evaluated. also, for those who have unrefined talents, we can adapt, so don't worry and audition.

4. what kind of song do we have to sing?what kind of genre do we have to sing to qualify? do we have to sing a YG song or hiphop or R&B?

-there are no specific genres to qualify. hiphop/r&b/dance/ballad/rock..just send in what you are most comfortable in. also, you can sing songs other than YG's songs. whatever the song may be, please choose what you are most confident in. and liven the emotions when singing. we prefer singers with emotion rather than a good voice

5. what kind of pictures do you need?

-when uploading your pictures, pictures taken by "camcamera"[t/n: i dont know what that is], cellphones, photoshop, or anything image-altered is not acceptable. you don't need to go to a studio to take it, we just need a picture where your face is clearly shown.

6.?how do we make a demo file? is it okay to record something at the noraebang/karaoke? what do we do when we no instrumentals?.

- there are several ways to make a demo tape

1. recording at a studio

2. using your computer to record

3. recording at a noraebang/karaoke

4. using an MP3 with a recording feature, and etc

you dont necessarily need to spend a lot of money to record at a studio. if it is too difficult to get an instrumental, it is alright to sing a capella. however, if you end up recording over an instrumental, please make sure your voice is clear

7.do we have to be good dancers? i really can't dance(momchee). if we dance badly, does that count against me? i'm an average singer but i dance well. is that an advantange?

-at the YG audition, you don't necessarily need to be a good dancer. even if you cannot dance one bit, it will not be counted against you. however, if you are a good singer, you will be held in a higher favor. nonetheless, the voice comes before the dance, so the advantage won't be a big one

8. can we audition as a team with friends?

-it is alright to audition as a team with friends. however, you have to make sure to send in separate applications.

9. is the online audition only at seoul?if we qualify through the mail audition, do we have to go to korea to audition in person?

what about those who live far from there?

-YG entertainment is stationed in seoul, the online audition [t/n: i think that means an audition in person..literally translated, it means "online audition"] is going to take place in seoul only. for online auditions outside of seoul, the specifics are going to be sent to you after.

10. what happens if we pass the online audition? after making the audition, do we have to pay fees for the training?after making the audition, how long do we usually train?after making the audition, do we have to come live with the entertainment?

-for the people who pass the online audition, they will officially become trainees and begin training. at that time, the trainees don't need to prepare anything, like a training fee or an entrance fee [t/n: like a down-payment..kinda thing]. all fees are to be paid by the entertainment.

there is no set length a person has to train. depending on that person's talents, training can be either long or short. also, not everyone has to come live at the entertainment. those who need to come live at the entertainment (and maybe their parent or guardian) will be decided.

Credit to: ygaudition.co.kr

Eng. Trans credit to loveablekrnstar

FAQs from soompiers

1.Can I send demo by email or do I have to send it by mail?

- I recommend you NOT send your demo by email. You can but it's not a good idea. As for now, they don't have online audition or email anymore so the only way is MAILING DEMO.

2. Can I just send in an audio or just video? Do I have to dance? Can I just sing?

- You can send either audio OR video file but BOTH RECOMMENDED. I do not have to dance. You can either sing or dance or do both. It's up to you.

3. Would they care if I'm not Korean? Do you have to know how to speak Korean?

- YG doesn't care if you're Korean or not. You don't have to be fluent in Korean but at least be fluent enough to not pronounce a word wrong in your songs. Try to take some lessons before auditioning. They would wanna hear you speak a lil bit of Korean.

4. Do I have to sing a Korean song?

- You don't have to if you're Korean. Korean and English songs are top choices. If you're not Korean, I highly recommend you chose one Korean song to include in your demo.

5. Can I send in a tape or does it have to be CD/DVD?

- It can be whatever, as long as they can hear you clearly.

credit: ygaudition.co.kr / me / lovablekrnstar for translating.

HEY GUYS, don't know if every one's seen this yet, but I randomly went on YGAUDITION's website today and saw that they posted a long entry answering questions many people asked...It was posted in January 2008

Hello, this is the administrator for the audition homepage.

The content below will not be answered on the board no longer - please remember this.

YG Audition is 100% being done by mail, and many people seem to have the same questions

about the demo tape auditions and other information regarding auditioning, so please read this carefully

and we hope that you won't have difficulties preparing your demo tapes.

1. Are demo tapes/mail the only way we can audition?

Yes, you cannot audition through online or email methods.

The only way applicants can audition is through mail.

So for better results, read the content below carefully and it will help you make your demo tapes. ^-^

2. What must we include and where should we send our demo tapes?

First of all, three things must be read.

1. Application

2. Photographs

3. Demo

After all these components are complete mail the content to...

서울시 마포구 상수동 349-10번지 호성빌딩 4층 YG 오디션담당자 앞 (우편번호: 121-829)

3. How do we fill out the application?

Please go to the left menu of the "mail audition" and download it then,

1. Print it out and fill it out.

2. Fill it out using a word processor and include it in your CD.

3. If the methods above are too difficult then simply state:

Name (Korean & English)

Current address

Telephone number

Cellphone number

Email address

Height & weight

Education

Hobbies

Specialties

Experiences

Personal statement

Future goals & aspirations

We refer to the content of the application when evaluating your demo tape

So your height, weight, education, and experiences do not have any influence over your evaluation of your demo.

Please fill out the application completely and truthfully with the correct content.

4. What kind of photos should we include?

The size or the type (Passport photo, sticker photos, studio photos) do not matter

1. Paste it directly onto the application

2. Not pasting it onto the application, and put it separately with the demo and application

3. Application, Photos, and Demo all files on a CD

These are the methods you can use. But, please refrain from using overly Photoshopped/retouched photos.

5. How do we create a Demo tape/CD?

Please refer to the "How to record a demo file FAQ"

The demo files are acceptable in the form tape casette/CD/Video

You can sing,

1. With an instrumental and record/video tape yourself singing along with the instrumental.

2. Record by using a karaoke machine or using the karaoke equipment in Noraebangs (Korean karaokes in Korea have a recording function)

3. Singing along with the original song, but the volume turned down

4. DO NOT sing acapella (without music)

You should sing 1 FULL GAYO SONG, 1 FULL POP SONG

This is a mandatory requirement, there are no exceptions. Please keep this in mind and follow this rule.

Besides the recording of the song, you may record yourself performing your "specialties" (Dance, rap, instrument), and there are no

limits to this. It will make it easier to evaluate if you video tape yourself, but it does not have to be in a video format. (there won't be any negative impacts)

Also, there will be no reductions if the quality of the recording is not studio/professional quality.

Please don't think that because it's a voice recording and not a video file that it's not a "real" file.

* If your demo file is in the form of a CD, we evaluate it as a recording/video file so please burn it as a data file not an audio file.

6. What kind of song choices give us an advantage?

There are no limits as to song genres, but I can say that if you sing R&B, Hip Hop, and Pop genres (genres which YG specializes in) you will have more advantages.

Also,

1. There is no male/female when it comes to singing. (A male applicant is not restricted to male songs, and visa versa)

2. There is no difference between solo/group songs. (A group can sing a "solo" singer's song by dividing the parts and a solo applicant can sing a group's song by just singing the entire thing)

3. Just because you cannot hit a high note, doesn't mean you can't sing. (There will be no reductions/negative impact if you modify the key of the song)

What is most important is that to choose a song which highlights the good and the uniqueness of your own voice.

7. I've finished the application, photo, and demo file. Now what do I do?

If you are done, check to see there are no errors.

Then, place all the material in a envelope or a cardboard box.

If it's a tape or CD, there might be chances of damage so wrap it with bubble wrap or newspaper.

Go to the closest post office or other postal services.

When using the post office make sure it's not registered as"regular mail" because then you can check to see if it has arrived safely (This, applies in Korea I suppose, not sure how it is in other countries)

We cannot say if we have received the mail on our home page, so we cannot reveal it if you ask, so please keep this in mind.

For this reason, please check the postal service/post office website to see if it has arrived safely ^_^

* We do not return the material you have sent us.

8. When do we receive a notice, and how? Do we get contacted even if we are rejected?

Depending on the amount of demos we receive, it takes us up to 2 weeks to a month.

After the evaluation is complete and you have made it to the next round, we will contact you with the contact information you have wrote on our application. If you do not answer the phone, or goes to voice mail, we will send text messages (I guess only in Korea), and if you cannot be contacted by the phone we will email you with the email address you have given us.

If you have been rejected, we do not contact you, therefore if you do not receive any news in 2 weeks~1 month,

please think that you have been rejected and that you are welcome to try again if you feel that you could have done better and have improved.

9. Can we be accepted only by playing an instrument? Do you accept actors? Can we apply as a group?

We cannot confirm that you will be accepted soley on a talent (instrument, dance, rap) that is not singing.

To be a singer, you must be able to sing, so although dance, rap, etc. can be evaluated highly as a bonus along with your singing.

So please refrain from asking questions if you can be accepted only by other talents that you have.

Also, please refrain from questions like "But I really suck at singing" There is no such thing as impossible. You may think that it is impossible, but even by starting now, by effort you can build up your skill to achieve your dream to become a singer. You should not also be flimsy about making an effort to achieve your dream. ^_^

Those applying as an actor, please do the same as the singing applicants; make a demo, send it to us, then we will have it evaluated by the administrators who are in charge of that section.

We do not accept just songwriters, but we will accept it as a "specialty" for those who are applying as a singer.

You can apply as a group, even if you make a group demo, each member must fill out their own application and submit their own photos. Contacts will be made accordingly to the person's skills. (so some people in the group might get contacted, but others might not)

10. What about the 2nd, and 3rd part of the audition? What must we prepare? What happens after we get accepted?

The applicants who have passed the 1st part of the audition (the mail part), the 2nd and 3rd audition will be arranged with an administrator by phone call, and they will be told what to prepare. The 2nd and 3rd audition will occur at the YG office and the 2nd audition will be in front of audition judges and the 3rd audition will be judge by President Yang Hyun Suk. (YG himself!)

There have been many questions regarding people who live outside of Korea and people who do not live in Seoul and about schooling,

This audition page is for the mail part of the audition.

What happens after the mail part of the audition will be arranged with the administrator regarding personal issues.

Personal note: This means that, no one really knows for sure what happens, I know a lot of people ask like "I live in ____, do I have to move to Korea and attend school there? Where will I live?

No one can actually have a clear answer for you. These are questions and issues that will be solved on a personal basis and it differs from a person and his or her own situation. Rather than worrying about these types of things, just audition and see if you make it...THEN see what happens!

Please ask questions only regarding the mail audition.

Also, we do not answer questions regarding YG trainees,

we only answer questions of confusion and help regarding the mail part of the audition,

and no other types of questions will be answered.

Please keep this in mind.

Lastly, we do not always pick people from the mail auditions.

YG Casting Managers visit hagwons and contests which occur in different parts of the country,

are invited and cast people whom they see potential and skill in.

You never know but after you have honed your skills enter this types of events

and many attend and have many potential and skilled people,

please post the event in this message board and we will try to make it to the event.

We are doing our best by evaluating the precious material you have sent us, in hopes of being to be the next face of YG.

We wish you the best of luck in achieving your dreams and hope to see good results.

Thank you.

credit:ygaudition.co.kr

translated by COUNTERACT @ soompi forums.

i heard from my oppa they will have one

but not now

prolly at the end of the year

YG FAMILY - since 1996.

Artists: 1tym, Gummy, Big Mama, Se7en, Perry, Matsa Wu, Soulstar, Jinusean, BigBang, 45RPM, Moogadang, Lexy.

ADDRESS:

YG audition

Sangsu-dong 394-10 Hoseong Building 3F

Mapo-Gu, Seoul

South Korea, ZIP 121-829

KOREAN application form

ENGLISH application form REMEMBER: do not use this form. only use it to figure out the meaning of the sections in Korean form.

You would also wanna try:

Brosent [They train you in USA then send you off to Korea when you’re ready]

P.O. Box 176

Temple Hills, MD 20757, USA

Email: audition@brosent.com

FAQs

1. when is the YG online audition?

-we currently have no plans for an online audition. we accept mail auditions and for those whose mailed audition qualifies, that person will go through the online audition. for korean online auditions, for the auditioners, the time & date are given

2. is there an age limit to audition? do you guys have a preference of gender?

-we have no age limit . those with potential and talent are considered and we do not discriminate against neither males nor females

3. can only those with good singing voices audition?

-YG considers everyone with a talent, whether it be rapping, singing, etc. your singing probably hasn't been evaluated, but don't be afraid, and audition thinking that your talents are going to be evaluated. also, for those who have unrefined talents, we can adapt, so don't worry and audition.

4. what kind of song do we have to sing?what kind of genre do we have to sing to qualify? do we have to sing a YG song or hiphop or R&B?

-there are no specific genres to qualify. hiphop/r&b/dance/ballad/rock..just send in what you are most comfortable in. also, you can sing songs other than YG's songs. whatever the song may be, please choose what you are most confident in. and liven the emotions when singing. we prefer singers with emotion rather than a good voice

5. what kind of pictures do you need?

-when uploading your pictures, pictures taken by "camcamera"[t/n: i dont know what that is], cellphones, photoshop, or anything image-altered is not acceptable. you don't need to go to a studio to take it, we just need a picture where your face is clearly shown.

6.?how do we make a demo file? is it okay to record something at the noraebang/karaoke? what do we do when we no instrumentals?.

- there are several ways to make a demo tape

1. recording at a studio

2. using your computer to record

3. recording at a noraebang/karaoke

4. using an MP3 with a recording feature, and etc

you dont necessarily need to spend a lot of money to record at a studio. if it is too difficult to get an instrumental, it is alright to sing a capella. however, if you end up recording over an instrumental, please make sure your voice is clear

7.do we have to be good dancers? i really can't dance(momchee). if we dance badly, does that count against me? i'm an average singer but i dance well. is that an advantange?

-at the YG audition, you don't necessarily need to be a good dancer. even if you cannot dance one bit, it will not be counted against you. however, if you are a good singer, you will be held in a higher favor. nonetheless, the voice comes before the dance, so the advantage won't be a big one

8. can we audition as a team with friends?

-it is alright to audition as a team with friends. however, you have to make sure to send in separate applications.

9. is the online audition only at seoul?if we qualify through the mail audition, do we have to go to korea to audition in person?

what about those who live far from there?

-YG entertainment is stationed in seoul, the online audition [t/n: i think that means an audition in person..literally translated, it means "online audition"] is going to take place in seoul only. for online auditions outside of seoul, the specifics are going to be sent to you after.

10. what happens if we pass the online audition? after making the audition, do we have to pay fees for the training?after making the audition, how long do we usually train?after making the audition, do we have to come live with the entertainment?

-for the people who pass the online audition, they will officially become trainees and begin training. at that time, the trainees don't need to prepare anything, like a training fee or an entrance fee [t/n: like a down-payment..kinda thing]. all fees are to be paid by the entertainment.

there is no set length a person has to train. depending on that person's talents, training can be either long or short. also, not everyone has to come live at the entertainment. those who need to come live at the entertainment (and maybe their parent or guardian) will be decided.

Credit to: ygaudition.co.kr

Eng. Trans credit to loveablekrnstar

FAQs from soompiers

1.Can I send demo by email or do I have to send it by mail?

- I recommend you NOT send your demo by email. You can but it's not a good idea. As for now, they don't have online audition or email anymore so the only way is MAILING DEMO.

2. Can I just send in an audio or just video? Do I have to dance? Can I just sing?

- You can send either audio OR video file but BOTH RECOMMENDED. I do not have to dance. You can either sing or dance or do both. It's up to you.

3. Would they care if I'm not Korean? Do you have to know how to speak Korean?

- YG doesn't care if you're Korean or not. You don't have to be fluent in Korean but at least be fluent enough to not pronounce a word wrong in your songs. Try to take some lessons before auditioning. They would wanna hear you speak a lil bit of Korean.

4. Do I have to sing a Korean song?

- You don't have to if you're Korean. Korean and English songs are top choices. If you're not Korean, I highly recommend you chose one Korean song to include in your demo.

5. Can I send in a tape or does it have to be CD/DVD?

- It can be whatever, as long as they can hear you clearly.

credit: ygaudition.co.kr / me / lovablekrnstar for translating.

No...cuz my oppas said they will hold audition in US so im waiting

if by december they dun have any info then i will send out demo and yea...

or i will have my un nee recommend me for YG

Guest apple-snapple-YUM

yeaa

YG family usually only accept ppl that send in demo tapes, or get recomendations. I remember reading that YG had like a public audition with like, a thousand ppl, and NONE OF THEM made it in.

its usually only ppl that send in demos.

its good to get ppl to recomend you too~especially if youre like, reallllly good.

YG dont care about if ur korean or not

don't think that they do.

i have YG address in Konglish...

tell me if u want it...

but do they care if you're asian...that's the question i have!

lol

i think if they're gonna open a US office then they should accept all nationalities/races...i actually heard a rumor that they had a black girl who was a trainee..dont know how true it was...she coulda just been an intern or something, but i think it would make sense if YG had black ppl on his label..i mean come on...it's like the biggest hip hop/r&b label in korea right?

They supposedly had some kind of audition thru mails..

like you would have to sent in your audition tapes and if they thought you were good enough, they'd invite you to a live audition.

there was a website for it...but that was back in December like almost 10 months ago...no one ever heard back from them and the person (a staff at YG) running the website never responded to anyone...

everyone thought it was a joke for YG to go thru audition tapes since December till now. I guess they had cancelled that audition and forgot to tell the world about it.

sad....

YG is not that kinda entertainment that goes everywhere and be like "hey this is a good place come in"

but as u can see

artists in YG are all seriously good

except for Lexy...she cant sing live really well

but may doni, Kim Min ji -> YG trainees are so good -_-

big mama, gummy, 1tym, se7en, bigbang,...are such good singers

wheesung was in YG but not anymore so saddddd

but yea...

i prolly gonna send demo and have my un nee recommend me at the same time

:P

i guess YG do care if ur asian but im not sure...as i know i dun think anyone in YG is like non-asians but i dunno ima ask my un nee

-_-

i prolly wait till 1 week b4 christmas

if they dun hold audition or i dun hear anything from my oppas and un nee then ima send them demo :P

Guest Lizzie_bo_bizzy

^ There is one trainee in Yg named Lee EunChae (Shine) and she's black =) She's mostly a rapper and just got in to Yg so she won't be debuting in awhile..