How often can you dye your hair?

Guest catgirlcat

Guest catgirlcat

Last week, i tried to dye my hair at home for the first time. The colors didn't turn out as well as I wanted. How long do you think I should wait before dying my hair again so it won't damage my hair too much?

Guest poorplesocks

I've waited as little as a day.

And some of my friends waited like .. an hour.

Their hair's fine.

My hair's okay.

I don't think it matters THAT much how long you wait .. your hair's gonna be damaged either way.

But just to be on the safe side it's wise to wait longer than one week before re-dying it.

Guest BebeSweet

I used to dye it every two months or so... but its been almost a full year since I've touched it!

:D

But I'm thinking of bleaching it soon. I'm really bored of the black hair.

;)

EDIT: oops... I totally did not read or answer your question. Sorry!

Anyways, it's always good to wait at least 48 hours.

Guest girl armageddon

if you didn't like the results and your hair isn't damaged, then maybe a few days. i wouldn't say two weeks, though.

Guest WitchGoddess

Once, I waited a day...

bad idea...

I say wait a month or so. better yet, don't dye it again >.<

My hair got really damaged.

Guest xsimplyx_mex

I think its best to wait about 3 months...so your hair starts to grow out a little...that way it won't damage it much. I need to re-dye mine soon....lol...:)

Guest missGiang

Hrmz...I messed up on home-dying once so I went to a salon...A few days later and told them...They fixed it up ^___^ So I would suggest salon if you don't really want to wait..But don't forget to tell them that you dyed it yourself a few days before. Anyway DIY dyes are apparently really bad for you hair O.O

Guest Help She Can't Swim

when I mess up I wait for about two weeks then dye it again. But truthfully, dying your hair isn't that great. It's nice to experiment, but get it at a salon. It's more expensive, but I always tend to be happier with the result.

Guest MaryMagdalin

its bad dyeing it constantly

one of my mom`s friends died from the chemicals = _=;;;

i dye my hair once a year.

Guest holliiiesterr.

i used to dye it 1-2 months?

i was thinking of dyeing my hair again

cause i did the at home thing and it messed up..

but i promised myself. NEVER WILL I EVER...

dye my own hair,

cut my own hair.

and even professionally dye my hair

EVER AGAIN.

when my hair (2-3 years :( )

grows out longg and natural.. i will be happppy XD.

i dye my hair once a year, but my cousin like dyes it every other month. >< her hair is so dry and dead like and my dad was all like "your hair will fall out by the time your 30"...i say you should dye your hair every 6 months or longer ^^

Guest joolee.

I heard every two months is the best way to go since my friend always dyes her hair around that time yet her hair is still healthy looking.

I haven't touched my hair for about a year, I'm waiting for it to grow longer before I do anything to it. :P

Guest mineforkeeps.

I've only done it once, but my friend has done it so many times...her hair's really damaged and the texture of her hair feels..fried o.O

Edit: I think she did it every couple months..maybe every 4-6 months

Guest crystal_clover

If you want to maintain healthy hair, max is 3 dye jobs per year.

Just remember to condition like crazy daily until your hair recovers.

Guest gingerpye

i dyed my hair in May and now i hate it. i might dye it again and i tell people that and they say 'you'll ruin your hair blah blah blah'

my hair is fine though. after i dyed it, i conditioned it only (no shampoo) for about a month.. or was it until i used up the whole bottle o__O;;

Guest harako

If you want really good results for lighter hair color, then you should bleach it first.

But like the rest ^, you should only dye your hair 3 times a year. The chemicals do stuff to your scalp.

Archived