Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

It's Soompi's 17th birthday! Help us celebrate and win some cool prizes :D Watch out for giveaways on our Facebook and Instagram accounts. #HappySoompiDay!

Double Eyelid Surgery Thread

Replies

• upandawayupandaway Posts: 12Member
    edited August 2011
    eyesss.jpg

day 42

Swelling still hasn't gone down UGH. I think it's because of ptosis correction. The area around my eyes are all tense and swollen. I wish the effects of epi and lateral cantho were more visible though :/ Barely anything has changed! Probably going back for a revision during the winter. Of course I'll have to wait until all the swelling goes away, but I think most of it is gone by now. Was it too much to expect HUGE ulzzang eyes after just 1 surgery? ;___; (I heard some celebrities even had upto 4 surgeries before their eyes were GIANT)
    ·
  • dazzedandconfuseddazzedandconfused Posts: 37Member
    upandaway wrote on 08 August 2011 - 09:57 PM:

*quoted image*

day 42

Swelling still hasn't gone down UGH. I think it's because of ptosis correction. The area around my eyes are all tense and swollen. I wish the effects of epi and lateral cantho were more visible though :/ Barely anything has changed! Probably going back for a revision during the winter. Of course I'll have to wait until all the swelling goes away, but I think most of it is gone by now. Was it too much to expect HUGE ulzzang eyes after just 1 surgery? ;___; (I heard some celebrities even had upto 4 surgeries before their eyes were GIANT)

Your eyes look really good, and I don't see much swelling.  But the more I read about this stuff, the more I realize how many surgeries people go through.  I was hoping to get this one and done but it looks like a second round is going to happen.  I went to dr. park in Dream.  I think he is a good doctor, but he has way too many patients.  I didn't have both eyes measured, just one, and no lines were made.  So how are you supposed to know where to make the line?!  and also, I don't even know if they absolutely remember every patient and what they want
    ·
  • ssuigenerisssuigeneris Posts: 101Member
    FDIsland wrote on 07 August 2011 - 04:44 PM:

Im not sure about the doctor yet because from all the posts i've read about banobagi, only a Dr lee was mentioned. But i saw from their website they have 2 doctor lees.

Are you happy with ur results?
    Mind telling me who did yours? was it incisional or non-incisional? Was it a primary surgery?

What method do they refer?

Banobagi seemed to be more objective... incisional was obvious for me but I don't think they cling to that method or anything.

[font="'Lucida Console"]
    [/font]
    ·
  • FDIslandFDIsland Posts: 10Member
    edited August 2011
    ssuigeneris wrote on 09 August 2011 - 03:38 AM:

Banobagi seemed to be more objective... incisional was obvious for me but I don't think they cling to that method or anything.

Hmm so how are your results from Dr Kwon so far? Is your crease a small tapered one or a large one?
    ·
  • lov3.y0ulov3.y0u Posts: 82Member
    HI! i've been a silent lurker on this thread for more than several years now.
    thanks for all the help/tips/experiences!

just got my surgery yesterday by Dr. Eric Choe (Manhattan). finally!!
    i had an amazing experience and LOVE my results so far. cant wait until im completely healed.
    he is so pro. no wonder so many people got it done from him. he's literally a celeb in my area Haha
    as everyone else stated, he is such a good-hearted, nice man. really makes you feel comfortable.
    &since he doesnt have a daughter, he thinks of it as "adopting us" for a couple of hours while we're in surgery with him.
    highly recommend dr. choe! his secretaries/assistants are SUPER sweet too.

fyi: got incisional, with some fat/muscle removed (i had super heavy, hooded, fatty eyelids).

if you have any questions, feel free to PM me!
    ·
  • hannah13hannah13 Posts: 5Member
    How long did you guys wait after getting sutures out to wear eyeshadow or concealer on the red lines?

I still have uneven swelling so I think eyeshadow would help to even it out.
    ·
  • ephemeral_styleephemeral_style Posts: 22Member
    dazzedandconfused wrote on 08 August 2011 - 07:23 AM:

I had mine done at Dream with dr. park and I have the same exact situation as you!  my right eye is falling lower than the left, and the left is perfect which I'm worried about because I think they have to redo both for symmetry purposes.  Can you tell me if dr. kim measured both eyes and drew a line for the suture marks or anything?  Because dr. park just did my left eye and skipped my right eye which I'm wondering is why it came out so great.   He responded to my email and he said that it maybe due to muscle asymmetry which makes sense.  I did notice that when I tried using eye glue for my right eye, it was not as easy to do as my left and after I stopped using the eye glue, my left eye still had a little crease but my right eye eventually disappeared completely.  I am going to be doing a re visional but not sure if I should go back to dr. park in korea or go to dr. kenneth kim in LA.  I just hope because they are partnered, that I do not have to pay for the re vision

he only created the crease and such with his stick thing for my left eye and did it pretty quickly for my right eye, so yeah he payed more attention to my left >< hm does dream in korea have a 5 year guarantee as well? because if they do you can email kenneth and ask if you have to pay for a revision. i hace to get my revision during winter break ~_~ SAME hahaha i only used eyeglue for my left because i wanted to see if i could get double lids permanetly after use, but all it did was make my skin sag lol.

upandaway wrote on 08 August 2011 - 09:57 PM:

*quoted image*

day 42

lol my eyes came out EXACTLY like yours (but uneven) yeah i wanted huge eyes too and i expected ptosis to make them HUGE but meh... lol yeah most celebrities go under the knife multiple times to get round eyes agh... me want T_T

lov3.y0u wrote on 09 August 2011 - 07:45 AM:

HI! i've been a silent lurker on this thread for more than several years now.
    thanks for all the help/tips/experiences!

just got my surgery yesterday by Dr. Eric Choe (Manhattan). finally!!
    i had an amazing experience and LOVE my results so far. cant wait until im completely healed.
    he is so pro. no wonder so many people got it done from him. he's literally a celeb in my area Haha
    as everyone else stated, he is such a good-hearted, nice man. really makes you feel comfortable.
    &since he doesnt have a daughter, he thinks of it as "adopting us" for a couple of hours while we're in surgery with him.
    highly recommend dr. choe! his secretaries/assistants are SUPER sweet too.

fyi: got incisional, with some fat/muscle removed (i had super heavy, hooded, fatty eyelids).

if you have any questions, feel free to PM me!

ooh! congradulations haha, i feel like one of the many upsides to getting this surgery is that we can finally play with makeup muahaha, hmm i heard a lot if great things about eric choe ^^ but manhattan is way too far, i got mine done in la ><
    ·
  • chairmanmeowchairmanmeow Posts: 115Member

ROOKIE

Does anyone know someone who underwent lateral canthoplasty revision? I haven't seen any case of it really anywhere but I know that surgeons perform it. I had lateral canthoplasty about a month and 2.5 weeks ago. At first I really liked it but then as time went on I realized that the inner corners were horribly asymmetric, disfigured, and unnatural looking. The corner on one side droops too much compared to the other almost causing a negative canthal tilt. My eyes on both sides were pulled too much causing pink/tendon show rather than the actual whites of the eyes. 

I would give anything to take turn back time and just not have gone through with the lateral. I feel so foolish and am full of regret. I just wish that there was some hope out there for me. I just hope to get it to a more natural and hopefully my old angle placement. 
    ·
  • dazzedandconfuseddazzedandconfused Posts: 37Member
    so will using double eye lid glue make the eyes come out incorrect with suture technique surgery?  thats what I'm guessing the case is.  I tried using the eye glue for the first time today after the surgery to fix the incorrect eye lids for the day and it worked fine.  Felt kind of weird in the beginning and my right eye spasmed a few times in the beginning but then stopped after a few hours.  I don't know, I'm all out of options because I can't keep looking like this for much longer.  Its getting very very depressing and I'm feeling less and less confident and myself
    ·
  • SammyCoutureSammyCouture Posts: 554Member

ROOKIE

chairmanmeow wrote on 10 August 2011 - 02:24 AM:

Does anyone know someone who underwent lateral canthoplasty revision? I haven't seen any case of it really anywhere but I know that surgeons perform it. I had lateral canthoplasty about a month and 2.5 weeks ago. At first I really liked it but then as time went on I realized that the inner corners were horribly asymmetric, disfigured, and unnatural looking. The corner on one side droops too much compared to the other almost causing a negative canthal tilt. My eyes on both sides were pulled too much causing pink/tendon show rather than the actual whites of the eyes. 

I would give anything to take turn back time and just not have gone through with the lateral. I feel so foolish and am full of regret. I just wish that there was some hope out there for me. I just hope to get it to a more natural and hopefully my old angle placement. 

Hey!

I got both of your messages, but I can't message you back! It says that you blocked me :(

·
  • chairmanmeowchairmanmeow Posts: 115Member

ROOKIE

SammyCouture wrote on 09 August 2011 - 07:14 PM:

Hey!

I got both of your messages, but I can't message you back! It says that you blocked me :(

Seriously? I think something messed up =( Let me mess around with settings.
    ·
    FDIsland wrote on 09 August 2011 - 06:29 AM:

Hmm so how are your results from Dr Kwon so far? Is your crease a small tapered one or a large one?

I'm quite pleased so far but I'm at peak swelling and won't be able to really judge until my stitches come out. My crease is medium, in/out fold.
    [font="'Lucida Console"]
    [/font]
    ·
    ssuigeneris wrote on 09 August 2011 - 08:55 PM:

I'm quite pleased so far but I'm at peak swelling and won't be able to really judge until my stitches come out. My crease is medium, in/out fold.

Did you get other stuff like epi or ptosis correction? How much did the whole procedure cost?=)
    ·
  • FudgestixFudgestix Posts: 8Member
    Hey hey, anyone got their surgery done in Canada? I live in Vancouver British Columbia! I really wanna get this surgery done for a decent price, but I don't know whether I should get it done where I live or go to an Asian country to get it done. If someone can recommend me to a good surgeon within Canada it would be nice!

Oh and the to the ones talking about how this surgery makes you less Asian.. That's BS my friend =p. I'm the ONLY one in my family to have single lids. Doesn't make me the only Asian in my family haha.
    ·
    FDIsland wrote on 09 August 2011 - 09:51 PM:

Did you get other stuff like epi or ptosis correction? How much did the whole procedure cost?=)

I had very minimal epi done (or at least that's what I emphasized to Dr. Kwon). Like I said, hard to tell what it's going to look like. No ptosis correction in a million years. 2.5 million KRW.
    [font="'Lucida Console"]
    [/font]
    ·
    ssuigeneris wrote on 10 August 2011 - 02:14 AM:

I had very minimal epi done (or at least that's what I emphasized to Dr. Kwon). Like I said, hard to tell what it's going to look like. No ptosis correction in a million years. 2.5 million KRW.

OK thks alot for the info! =) hope your eye turns out well.

FDIsland wrote on 10 August 2011 - 03:24 AM:

OK thks alot for the info! =) hope your eye turns out well.

Anyone can recommend a doctor at Banobagi? All the reviews i've read havent mentioned the names of the doctor which did their surgery.

This would be really really helpful thanks alot!=)
    ·
  • Assai79Assai79 Posts: 113Member
    chairmanmeow wrote on 10 August 2011 - 02:24 AM:

Hi!
    You needn't worry. From what I heard, Lateral canthoplasty is pretty much very reversible. It's the medial epicanthoplasty that is difficult to reverse.
    Eyelid Surgery done Nov '09. Eye surgery pic. PM for password. http://www.makemeheal.com/pictures/blepharoplasty/eyes-a11791
    chairmanmeow
    ·
  • lov3.y0ulov3.y0u Posts: 82Member
    ephemeral_style wrote on 09 August 2011 - 04:21 PM:

ooh! congradulations haha, i feel like one of the many upsides to getting this surgery is that we can finally play with makeup muahaha, hmm i heard a lot if great things about eric choe ^^ but manhattan is way too far, i got mine done in la ><

thanks!! yeah. i got pretty good with doing makeup with heavy/hooded monolids (without *looking* like i was wearing too much), but in reality i had to use a lot of makeup to do it T__T. im so excited to be able to put one thin line of eyeliner that actually showsssss :D
    ·
  • SammyCoutureSammyCouture Posts: 554Member

ROOKIE

For those of you who don't like your epi or lateral results,
    Korea is getting more and more skilled at the revisions~ So don't lose hope!! ^^

eye-01-74-350.jpg?type=w2

eye-01-74-350-1.jpg

eye-01-123-500-1.jpg?type=w2

chairmanmeow
    ·
  • chloekchloek Posts: 10Member
    ssuigeneris wrote on 10 August 2011 - 02:14 AM:

Did you do full incisional or partial incision? I'm assuming since u said "stitches out" that u didn't do the non-incision, :-)
    ·