Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Soompi Forums is moving!! Migration is scheduled to begin next Tuesday (US) [more details]

Double Eyelid Surgery Thread

Replies

• jojoannjojoann Posts: 13Member
    edited May 2012
    Azn34 wrote on 06 May 2012 - 05:18 PM:

Anybody have an eyelid revision with Dr. Kenneth Kim or Dr. Peter Newen?  Do you have any pics?

I've heard so many good things about Peter Newen, and this morning i just did my consultation and surgery with him! I'm pleased with my results so far, although it is kind of big :) I asked for medium-sized lids (incisional, no epicanthoplasty). The lid is medium to large according to Peter Newen. I told him that I like to do makeup and such and don't want my lids to be hidden or hooded. Hopefully it will decrease to maybe half the size of what it is now though. It was a very good experience and I would recommend him. Everyone was super nice and funny. I was nervous because i was not given sedation since i planned my flight to leave right after. The only pain that I experienced was the injection site from the local anesthesia (numbing). Bruising is beginning to appear on my left lid, and i'm told that the next two days the bruising and swelling will be the worst. The nurse, Julianne, suggested I take Traumeric which is supposed to help reduce bruising and swelling. If you look on youtube, julianne also got revision done by Dr. Newen and her lids look very good, when I seen her she had no scar whatsoever! :) I'll keep posted after my sutures are removed. 

[images removed, please msg me for them :)]

cost $2000
    ·
  • shirleyshirley Posts: 23Member
    jojoann wrote on 07 May 2012 - 08:10 PM:

I've heard so many good things about Peter Newen, and this morning i just did my consultation and surgery with him! I'm pleased with my results so far, although it is kind of big :) I asked for medium-sized lids (incisional, no epicanthoplasty). The lid is medium to large according to Peter Newen. I told him that I like to do makeup and such and don't want my lids to be hidden or hooded. Hopefully it will decrease to maybe half the size of what it is now though. It was a very good experience and I would recommend him. Everyone was super nice and funny. I was nervous because i was not given sedation since i planned my flight to leave right after. The only pain that I experienced was the injection site from the local anesthesia (numbing). Bruising is beginning to appear on my left lid, and i'm told that the next two days the bruising and swelling will be the worst. The nurse, Julianne, suggested I take Traumeric which is supposed to help reduce bruising and swelling. If you look on youtube, julianne also got revision done by Dr. Newen and her lids look very good, when I seen her she had no scar whatsoever! :) I'll keep posted after my sutures are removed. 

here is a before
    *quoted image*

right after surgery
    *quoted image*

later on the night
    *quoted image*

cost $2000

hey jojoann, your surgery turned out good and it's only going to get better from here on!!! since you were in CA did you consult or considered dr.choi? if so, what was your impression? so you caught your flight on the same day as your surgery...what about the stitches? anyways happy healing =)

·
    edited May 2012
    beautyfull wrote on 08 May 2012 - 05:53 AM:

hey jojoann, your surgery turned out good and it's only going to get better from here on!!! since you were in CA did you consult or considered dr.choi? if so, what was your impression? so you caught your flight on the same day as your surgery...what about the stitches? anyways happy healing =)

hi beautyfull sorry i didn't consult with dr. choi. i'm actually going to fly back to remove my stitches and follow-up shortly :) and thank you ! newen was the only doctor i consulted with which might seem a little crazy haha but i've done my research and i liked that newen has a video on the entire operation. i've also seen post-results by newen done on a popular youtube guru. although i do hear a lot of good things about dr. choi as well.
    ·
    jojoann wrote on 08 May 2012 - 09:35 AM:

hi beautyfull sorry i didn't consult with dr. choi. i'm actually going to fly back to remove my stitches and follow-up shortly :) and thank you ! newen was the only doctor i consulted with which might seem a little crazy haha but i've done my research and i liked that newen has a video on the entire operation. i've also seen post-results by newen done on a popular youtube guru. although i do hear a lot of good things about dr. choi as well.

which make up guru? i want to see the results if you don't mind =)
    ·
    beautyfull wrote on 08 May 2012 - 10:07 AM:

which make up guru? i want to see the results if you don't mind =)

no problem... i just hope i don't get in trouble for posting this haha but
    she talks about her experience here:
    http://www.theraevie...haroplasty.html

:)
    ·
  • roundeyesroundeyes Posts: 14Member

ROOKIE

lulunotlemon* wrote on 07 May 2012 - 07:29 PM:

:S but iuno if he can't admit his mistakes then... some doctors probably see this as a small surgery and they see so much that they can't pay special attention to each patient! I'm glad your lids are fixed now though :)

do you mind sharing a picture of your eyes and the clinic that you got it fixed at in Korea please? :D

hi lulu, i will send you a PM with a link to my pic. ;)
    ·
  • vabeautiesvabeauties Posts: 35Member
    lulunotlemon* wrote on 07 May 2012 - 03:29 PM:

:S but iuno if he can't admit his mistakes then... some doctors probably see this as a small surgery and they see so much that they can't pay special attention to each patient! I'm glad your lids are fixed now though :)

do you mind sharing a picture of your eyes and the clinic that you got it fixed at in Korea please? :D

I heard Regen was good and they advertise themselves and say that a lot of celebrities got surgery there, but iuno if it's just false advertising :S haven't seen many reviews about that place!

Now they email back to me and said the price of lower eyelid is 2,500,000, really over priced. And I dont see ppl posting before and after pix here. And u are right, not seen any reviews about that place, too. Thanks.
    ·
  • littlez87littlez87 Posts: 1New Member
    Hi guys, 
    Thanks for this long post and it's extremely helpful b/c i am planning to visit Korea to receive eye surgery (fold + media epi) 

I am planning to visit OZ as i found several good reviews (english ones) however,when i asked chinese people who often go to korea for cosmetic surgeries. None of them knows OZ and one girl said OZ's specialty is not in eye. What do you guys think? Have you guys tried out Real Cosmetic/Bando/Misoline and others? please share your opinions and suggestions! 
    ·
  • mypawmypaw Posts: 2New Member
    You can get upper plepharoplasty at Yanhee Hospital in Thailand for 18,000 THB (ca 600 USD) and up!
    ·
  • miki-nessmiki-ness Posts: 3New Member
    Hi Everyone !
    I just had incisional double eyelid surgery last week, and today I finally got the stitches out!
    I decided to go with Dr. Lawrence Tong (He's located in Toronto, Canada) :D

I had surgery last Thursday, and my experience was pretty good. It was painless and quick.

They brought me to the surgery room and gave me the anesthesia through the IV, so I don't remember too much of it. When I woke up, they gave me a mirror and let me see the results (mind you this was still in the surgery room), They asked me to open and close my eyes to check that the eyelids were even. Then, they brought me to another room where I waited for a hour or so just resting.

Then, I was allowed to go home. They gave me antibiotics that I was to take for five days, and also some pain killers just in case.

On my way home I felt slight pain on my eyelids, and had to take a painkiller. The rest of the day I slept, and afterwards I didn't feel any pain for the remainder of the week.

Untitled-1copy.jpg

I didn't experience any bruising for the week, however had the surgical tapes on for the whole week. My eyes looked the same for the whole week. When, the tapes were removed it was a bit painful, because it was pulling on the stitches. Otherwise, the removal of the stitches wasn't that painful, just felt like pitching.

I'm happy with the end results, Dr. Tong said that the crease will drop a bit in the next 2-3 weeks.

If you have any questions just pm or something, I'm a bit new to this forum so I'm not sure how to check when someone replies to your message >.<

Thanks, and sorry for rambling :D
    babyusagi
    ·
    miki-ness wrote on 10 May 2012 - 12:51 PM:

Hi Everyone !
    I just had incisional double eyelid surgery last week, and today I finally got the stitches out!

I had surgery last Thursday, and my experience was pretty good. It was painless and quick.

They brought me to the surgery room and gave me the anesthesia through the IV, so I don't remember too much of it. When I woke up, they gave me a mirror and let me see the results (mind you this was still in the surgery room), They asked me to open and close my eyes to check that the eyelids were even. Then, they brought me to another room where I waited for a hour or so just resting.

Then, I was allowed to go home. They gave me antibiotics that I was to take for five days, and also some pain killers just in case.

On my way home I felt slight pain on my eyelids, and had to take a painkiller. The rest of the day I slept, and afterwards I didn't feel any pain for the remainder of the week.

*quoted image*

I didn't experience any bruising for the week, however had the surgical tapes on for the whole week. My eyes looked the same for the whole week. When, the tapes were removed it was a bit painful, because it was pulling on the stitches. Otherwise, the removal of the stitches wasn't that painful, just felt like pitching.

I'm happy with the end results, Dr. Tong said that the crease will drop a bit in the next 2-3 weeks.

If you have any questions just pm or something, I'm a bit new to this forum so I'm not sure how to check when someone replies to your message >.<

your results look goood! mine is still swollen :( did you ice a lot?
    ·
  • kkootkkoot Posts: 2New Member
    miki-ness wrote on 10 May 2012 - 12:51 PM:

Hi Everyone !

*quoted image*

you look so good !!! im so scared what if the surgery goes  wrong youre so brave!

·
  • tea.leafie-tea.leafie- Posts: 1New Member
    Hi everyone! I just have a question about eyelid surgeons in general. How good are they with getting your "ideal" eye? According to your experiences, would you say that they cater to your preferences very well, or do they have distinct styles that produces the "same" sort of eye? 

I'm just asking because my ideal eye is Han Ga In's. I noticed that when people get double eyelid surgery, they usually go for a more noticeable look, but Han Ga In's eyelids are smaller and a bit more subtle than the typical ideal eyelids. 
    ·
  • seoulinloveseoulinlove Posts: 152Member

IDOL

Hi, guys :) I've considered surgery for a LONG time now and I posted on this forum a couple of weeks ago saying that I was going to Korea June-July and getting them done but I have changed my mind ^^ I'm still going but not doing the surgery, just letting you guys know.

Even if I'm not getting surgery, if anyone wants to meet up, just send me an inbox :) I'd like to meet new people and hang out :) go shopping and stuff ^^ I'm Korean so I could be useful? lol I'm 18 yrs old in Korea, 17 everywhere else just so you know though :P

Not trying to get you guys out of the surgery but please think over it carefully and make a list of positives and negatives :) don't be too rash and think "to hell with it, I'll just do it!" cause you will regret it later if you don't have a strong decisive mind or if you are someone that over-thinks (like me) ^^

Good luck to everyone who has decided to do it~! Fighting!!
    ·
  • darkpassiondarkpassion Posts: 19Member
    hey girls,

just a heads up for all of you. Please ensure you REMOVE your stitches 7-8 DAYS AFTER SURGERY. Any later and you'll suffer the same fate as me. They removed my stitches 11 days after surgery, and my skin grew over the stitches making the scarring really bad and noticeable. Please, please make sure so that you don't suffer the worry and uncertainty as I am now. Once your skin starts to heal over the stitches removal will also be a real pain. I don't know how to insert pics so email me if you want to see how bad the scarring can get. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for now but likely needing a revision for scar removal or something to that effect. good luck with all your surgeries!
    ·
    darkpassion wrote on 12 May 2012 - 08:54 PM:

hey girls,

just a heads up for all of you. Please ensure you REMOVE your stitches 7-8 DAYS AFTER SURGERY. Any later and you'll suffer the same fate as me. They removed my stitches 11 days after surgery, and my skin grew over the stitches making the scarring really bad and noticeable. Please, please make sure so that you don't suffer the worry and uncertainty as I am now. Once your skin starts to heal over the stitches removal will also be a real pain. I don't know how to insert pics so email me if you want to see how bad the scarring can get. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for now but likely needing a revision for scar removal or something to that effect. good luck with all your surgeries!

hey darkpassion... i have noticable scaring too, even after 4 years! i like how my eyes look when they are open but not so much when it's closed or i'm looking down :(
    i havn't really looked into scar revision proceedures because i'm scared that it would erase my crease or mess it up in some way, and then all the effort i put into having double eyelids would be for nothing. do you know if it would do that? 
    ·
  • KimHeeSubKimHeeSub Posts: 34Member, New Member
    Oh my gosh miki-ness, your results are so lovely! If I were guaranteed to get a similar pretty crease on my eyelids I'd definitely go for it hahaha
    ·
  • darkpassiondarkpassion Posts: 19Member
    beautyfull wrote on 12 May 2012 - 11:11 PM:

hey darkpassion... i have noticable scaring too, even after 4 years! i like how my eyes look when they are open but not so much when it's closed or i'm looking down :(
    i havn't really looked into scar revision proceedures because i'm scared that it would erase my crease or mess it up in some way, and then all the effort i put into having double eyelids would be for nothing. do you know if it would do that? 

Well, I'm not quite sure about it but have been trying to read up more about scar removal creams. May I know what kind of scarring you have? Mine are hypertrophic scars so currently, I'm applying vitamin e and waiting for my kelo-cote scar gel to arrive from the states. Apparently most girls recommended it to me saying that silicon helps with it. As to the procedures itself, I've asked a friend who's keen on scar removal too and she mentioned that they'll actually be removing skin and making an incision.

http://www.plasticsurgery.org/reconstructive-procedures/scar-revision.html?sub=What%20happens%20during%20scar%20revision%20surgery?#content so far this seems most informative for different kinds of scar revisions but I'm not too sure which method will be applied for my eyes.
    ·
    darkpassion wrote on 12 May 2012 - 08:54 PM:

hey girls,

:( i'm sorry to hear that! i just got my stitches removed on the 4th day (probably the earliest i know of from these forums :/ ). the doctor and np reassured that the 4-5th day is the most preferred days to remove them with 7 days as max. did your dr suggest any type of scar gel? i bought biocorneum it is pricey but silicone gel is the best for scarring post op. they said it will be okay to start applying on the third week to prevent & reduce scarring. you should try that first before considering revision or scar removal!   
    ·
  • LiliyaLiliya Posts: 2New Member
    BerryHot wrote on 20 April 2012 - 06:29 AM:

Dr. Eric Choe, Manhattan

This review is a compilation of my experience with him for the past 4 years.
    I got my double eyelid surgery with Dr. Choe summer of 2008. Total price was $2000 for incisional double eyelid + $500 for medial epicanthoplasty.

1~2 weeks post-surgery
    *quoted image*
    Even right after surgery I could see that the creases were very uneven, and the inner-front of my left eye (right side in pic) was not stitched correctly.
    Dr. Choe's office dismissed my concern saying it was due to swelling.
    Also, I was not totally satisfied with the results of my medial epi, because there was still a vertical line going down towards the front of my eyes, and he did not open up the fold.

5 weeks post-surgery
    *quoted image*
    Swelling had considerably gone down, and it was still obvious there was something wrong with my left eye. However, again Dr. Choe's office dismissed my concern saying it was due to swelling. They did not acknowledge that the fold in my left eye was too loose.

1 year post-surgery
    (no picture, looks same as pic below)
    By this point all the swelling had gone down and it was so obvious that my left eye had come undone. Dr. had made the fold so small that it essentially became 'hidden' double eyelids. My 'after' eyes looked like somebody's 'before' eyes. I contacted the office, did not get a straight answer to whether they would perform a revision surgery on the left eye that lost its fold.

3 years post-surgery (summer 2011)

*quoted image*
    Left eye lost its fold.
    I contacted Dr. Choe again and he agreed to perform a partial revision on my left eye. The revision surgery was partial incision and he replaced three stitches in my left eye, making the fold stronger.

Funny enough, shortly after my revision surgery on my left eye, I could see the same thing happening to my right eye. However, Dr. Choe's office again dismissed my suspicions, saying I was probably comparing my right eye to my now-good-left eye.
    *quoted image*
    You can see there's something wrong with the right eye. It was especially prominent in the morning bc the fold was more apparent in the morning. Dr. Choe's office said it was probably due to sweling, and that what the crease looked like when the eyes were closed did not matter as long as they looked fine when opened. (??? I do not understand this reasoning, because the fold should look great even when partially opened!!)

4years post-surgery (current)
    *quoted image*
    My right coming undone. There is a strange bulge of skin fold where multiple lines seem to be forming.
    You can also see the scarring from my revision surgery on the left eye is still very noticeable. There are strange folds where he placed the three stitches, it almost looks like the cuts did not heal very nicely. There is also a slight pinching on the skin where the Dr. might have made the stitch too tight. Also the crease on each eye is noticeably different and uneven.

My problems with Dr. Choe:

• I can never seem to get through to him. His assistants always answer the emails and the phone calls, and if you have a question directly to Dr. Choe, you always have to go through his assistants first.
    • He always dismisses my concerns, even when I am (and everyone else can see) obviously right.
    • His medial eipcanthoplasty on my eyes were not successful. There is obvious scarring & leftover Mongolian fold that he failed to remove. I told him this & the answer I got back was that he did the best he could, he would not recommend a revision, and that considering how small my eyes were to begin with, he think the results are good improvement.
    • My eyes came undone too many times for me to be happy.
    • I asked for natural double eyelids, Instead he gave me hidden inner eyelids. You can barely see the folds when my eyes are opened.

Overall... words cannot describe how much stress this has given me over the years. So I am going to keep this simple. I tried to keep positive over the years, but now... I am just so frustrated. Ladies, I know a lot of you just lurk around this thread trying to gather as many information as possible, so that your surgery may turn out successful. My advice is, I don't recommend Dr. Choe. I have seen couple of girls on this thread who originally got their surgery done by him, who were later considering getting revision because they were not happy with their outcomes. If you happen to be someone who was completely satisfied with his results and your experience, by all means please feel free to refute me. Honestly he is a kind man and his assistants are nice as well, but it is not worth mediocre results, at least in my experience. Over the years I cannot seem to stress this point enough, but please go to Korea and find a refutable surgeon there.

In conclusion... Am I biased? Yea... by my own bad results. I am not stopping anyone from choosing him as a surgeon, though I urge you to do more research and consider other options, like going to Korea. I am not going to contact his office again regarding the right eye, because at this point I decided it's not worth going back to them. I will probably have to wait to go to Korea where I can do something about the medial epi & revisional crease.

Hi Berryhot, I totally just joined this forum because of your post. xD Can you or anyone, really, give me thoughts about whether I should do the surgery or not?

I was planning on getting my eyelids done in the next month. Eric Choe was the doctor I picked out because I heard so many good reviews, but now I have second thoughts. I'm not sure if he has experience with my type of eyes--I already have double eye lids, but they're hooded. 

I'd post a picture, but I have no idea how. They look close to this:

http://www.mrdavidch...9311-777934.jpg

I'd like my eyes to be rounder. I want a tapered crease with no epi. My eyes are fine now--they are symmetrical and already have small double eyelids. With that in mind, should I still take my chances with Dr. Choe? 
    ·