Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Soompi Ulzzang Contest Round 2 results are out! See who made it to the final round!

Double Eyelid Surgery Thread

Replies

• nailbunnynailbunny YARRR USPosts: 1,318Member

IDOL

edited February 2012
    _nika_ wrote on 18 February 2012 - 04:51 PM:

CJ Cosmetics sounds good. OZ has such a bad rep I wouldn't wanna ever go there either.  The surgeons at Teium sounds a little off to me. Especially about how they don't recommend incisional. Sometimes (not always) surgeons don't recommend certain procedures because they don't have the skills to do it! If performed correctly, incision is more long lasting and you get more of your money's worth. Plus the scar really is not that bad at all! I'm no doctor but if someone already has little fat...then why a fat graft?! To prevent a triple lid? What if something w/ the fat graft went wrong..then you're just going to have to have fat infected in you. Like CJ Cosmetics said, it's probably only necessary when and if you develop a triple lid. 

In total, I ended up consulting with 6 clinics and there was a decided consensus against incisional for me. Here's the final count:

non-incision: 3 (Teuim, VIP, IVE)
    partial incision: 2 (OZ, ITEM)
    incision: 1 (CJ)

The fat graft is way harder to decide though.
    fat graft necessary: 2 (Teuim, ITEM)
    not necessary now, but may be necessary later: 2 (CJ, IVE)
    not necessary: 1 (VIP)
    And OZ didn't say anything about fat graft and I didn't ask because that was the first one I visited and I didn't even know to ask about it.

I'll write up more in-depth accounts of the latter 3 clinics I visited when I'm less tired, but I will say (for others considering Korea) that my top impressions go to ITEM and IVE. I went to these clinics with a friend who has very different eyes from me and these two are her top choices as well (so I don't think it's just a case of them happening to fit my eyes and ideal). Teuim would also be on my list (because Dr. Kwon really is very, very good at making a beautiful eye...as soon as he simulated one on me - one try!, my reaction was literally "wow") but I do think Dr. Kwon has a very, very set ideal for eyes, he was the only doctor that suggested medial epi for me (as he favored an in-out fold that is "very slightly out" in his words). No other doctor mentioned it until I did, and then the replies were either "if you want" or just flat out "not necessary".

I almost didn't go to IVE until jaeboo posted her fantastic results. :) hehe and bugged her for the info to get a consult, so thank you <3
  • KathyfishKathyfish CanadaPosts: 213Member

ROOKIE

edited February 2012
    I've been looking at clinics and currently BK seems pretty high on the list, but I haven't been able to find many people who have gotten their surgeries done there... have people had bad experiences there or is it just not as popular as some of the other ones? I've also sent a e-mail to Teuim (and I tried to e-mail dream... but the email on their website is wrong?) I'm not sure where else to ask, because some of the sites just made me not want to contact them :P... but I really just want to spend the least amount of time in Korea that I can, so I don't really want to go through the whole consultation process (basically... I'm cheap and lazy). So I'm just asking what's up with BK, is there a reason it's so unpopular here? O_O
    ideallybanner1copy.jpg

Where can you find the words Cheat and Ideal? Well in the Dictionary of course. Still searching for our W

IDOL

Kathyfish wrote on 20 February 2012 - 03:00 AM:

I've been looking at clinics and currently BK seems pretty high on the list, but I haven't been able to find many people who have gotten their surgeries done there... have people had bad experiences there or is it just not as popular as some of the other ones? I've also sent a e-mail to Teuim and I'm not sure where else to ask... but I really just want to spend the least amount of time in Korea that I can, so I don't really want to go through the whole consultation process (basically... I'm cheap and lazy). So I'm just asking what's up with BK, is there a reason it's so unpopular here? O_O

If you plan well (I didn't) you can get a bunch, if not all, of your consultations done in one day. The first 3 took me about 4 hrs, mostly because I ended up spending A LOT of time at Teuim waiting (didn't have an appointment) and being indecisive (was probably literally there from 11:15 - 12:45), and I just did 3 in 2.5 hrs (and this one was with someone else, so actual consultation time was probably 2x as long). You can schedule a surgery for one or two days after usually. Many of the clinics are fairly close together, and if not, it's really easy to get around Seoul.

I can't recall exactly why I didn't pick BK, just...reading so many pages here and on purseforum, I was left with a pretty negative impression.
  • SammyCoutureSammyCouture Posts: 554Member

ROOKIE

Kathyfish wrote on 20 February 2012 - 08:00 AM:

I've been looking at clinics and currently BK seems pretty high on the list, but I haven't been able to find many people who have gotten their surgeries done there... have people had bad experiences there or is it just not as popular as some of the other ones? I've also sent a e-mail to Teuim (and I tried to e-mail dream... but the email on their website is wrong?) I'm not sure where else to ask, because some of the sites just made me not want to contact them :P... but I really just want to spend the least amount of time in Korea that I can, so I don't really want to go through the whole consultation process (basically... I'm cheap and lazy). So I'm just asking what's up with BK, is there a reason it's so unpopular here? O_O

My fob friends got their eyes done at BK.. they're all satisfied. ^^ they're just sooo famous that they're bound to have good and bad reviews.

I also feel like you should consult with at least 2. They're your eyes, you shouldn't be lazy!!! >.<

• Lovinyou615Lovinyou615 Posts: 112Member

ROOKIE

Hi soompiers :)

I was wondering if anyone knows good/reliable cosmetic surgery centers in Hong Kong/ China. I'm planning to get double eyelid surgery as soon as i have enough money. The reason why in those areas is because I speak the language (I'm chinese).

Hopefellu you guys can help me :)!

• iamMAN26iamMAN26 Posts: 4New Member
    edited February 2012
    27 year old Male 

Asked for a low and extremely conservative crease (barely noticeable). Felt doctor ignored what I wanted and just did a cookie cutter surgery. I personally feel it's too HIGH for a male and also ASYMMETRICAL. Due to higher crease makes me look more girly and less manly. I had one crease on my left eye that was very low and wanted my right eye to match. (sometimes it did when I was really tired). 

My main problem is myy left eye causes me physical pain every day. Constant feeling of tugging when I look straight or anything higher. 

Eyes closed:

closedupclose.jpg

Eye open with different lighting:

differentlightfront.jpg

Regular lighting - (i don't like how it expands near the end and seems really thick near the end of the eyes...)

differentsize.jpg

Left eye:

lefteye.jpg

Right Eye:

righteye.jpg

This is a normal shot - left eye looks much bigger than right especially near the outsides. 

openstraight.jpg
  • KapchunKapchun Posts: 8Member
    Yuunhaa wrote on 21 February 2012 - 08:52 AM:

Hi soompiers :)

I was wondering if anyone knows good/reliable cosmetic surgery centers in Hong Kong/ China. I'm planning to get double eyelid surgery as soon as i have enough money. The reason why in those areas is because I speak the language  (I'm chinese).

Hopefellu you guys can help me :)!

Haha, u can refer to Erica Yuen video review in Youtube. She gt her PS done in Hong Kong Dr.Reborn. Her double eyelid is so natural and charming.  I love it very much. But Hong Kong expenses is too high for me. So i will stick to Korea.
  • Lovinyou615Lovinyou615 Posts: 112Member

ROOKIE

Kapchun wrote on 22 February 2012 - 05:35 AM:

Haha, u can refer to Erica Yuen video review in Youtube. She gt her PS done in Hong Kong Dr.Reborn. Her double eyelid is so natural and charming.  I love it very much. But Hong Kong expenses is too high for me. So i will stick to Korea.

Yes I've contacted her before. But the price was too high for me so I'm actually looking for places with reasonable prices :S Korea is too far for me and if I have to book hotel + ticket and also do the surgery the total amount would be much higher than doing it in Hong Kong :(

• colorsoundcolorsound Posts: 74Member

ROOKIE

edited February 2012
    Hi guys! So I'm thinking about getting double eyelid surgery this summer. The thing is, I'm currently only a sophomore in high school, meaning I'm 15 years old. I know that this is really too young to even consider getting plastic surgery. But you see, I had a cyst-ish thing that formed on the upper eyelid, and it popped about a year later, leaving a huge scar (sounds gross, I know haha). It removed a lot of my fat from my upper eyelid on that eye, so my eyes are basically uneven--in a really awkward way.

I live in the OC area, and I was thinking about going to Dr. Kenneth Kim over the summer for a consultation. What I need to know is:

1) Do you think I'm too young to get it?
    2) After the procedure, will people notice that you got double eyelid surgery? This is what I'm most worried about. Since I have monolids and I normally don't wear makeup, do you think the results will be less dramatic to my friends? I don't want to look like a totally different person lol.
    myshop.
    huge sale | negotiable prices | cute, affordable clothes

ROOKIE

edited February 2012
    colorsound wrote on 23 February 2012 - 05:36 AM:

Hi guys! So I'm thinking about getting double eyelid surgery this summer. The thing is, I'm currently only a sophomore in high school, meaning I'm 15 years old. I know that this is really too young to even consider getting plastic surgery. But you see, I had a cyst-ish thing that formed on the upper eyelid, and it popped about a year later, leaving a huge scar (sounds gross, I know haha). It removed a lot of my fat from my upper eyelid on that eye, so my eyes are basically uneven--in a really awkward way.

I live in the OC area, and I was thinking about going to Dr. Kenneth Kim over the summer for a consultation. What I need to know is:

2) After the procedure, will people notice that you got double eyelid surgery? This is what I'm most worried about. Since I have monolids and I normally don't wear makeup, do you think the results will be less dramatic to my friends? I don't want to look like a totally different person lol.

1) Yes, I think 15 is way too young to get plastic surgery. I wanted it done badly since I was 14, but I knew that I had to wait until I was much older. (18+) Your face changes soooo much naturally throughout your teen years. ^.^

2) Yes, they should. Esp Asian people will notice because there is so much emphasis on the eyes. I doubt you will look like a totally different person though. and non-Asians will probably keep thinking to themselves that there is something difference about you - but won't be able to pinpoint it.

thatsjustsilly
  • hanniebearhanniebear Posts: 9Member
    colorsound wrote on 22 February 2012 - 09:36 PM:

Agreed with sammycouture! Please reconsider doing it later - your face really does change, and people WILL notice. I've seen some old college friends of mine, and it was pretty awkward talking about my surgery...Unless you're totally fine with discussing plastic surgery (which still has a stigma sometimes to be honest).
  • BerryHotBerryHot Posts: 52Member

ROOKIE

colorsound wrote on 23 February 2012 - 12:36 AM:

1) No I do not
    2) Yes, (in some cases) a change in your eyes can make a drastic change in your appearance. If you have very small eyes to start with, then it will be more obvious. However if you originally have big eyes, then the addition of a crease will not make that big of a change, it will maybe just add some dept to your eyes.

Hmmm I'm hesitant to say that I have to disagree with Sammy and hanniebear up there... ^^;;
    Tons of girls in Korea either get it between their transition from middle school -> high school, or as a graduation present from their parents when they finish high school. One could argue this is America and not Korea, but my point is, that a lot girls commonly get it done at younger ages. Personally I think it is fine.
  • monday2471monday2471 Look behind youPosts: 145Member

1) i got it at 15. my mom regrets it like crazy, but the only thing i regret is not choosing a more natural crease. i mean, if i KNOW i'm going to get it sooner or later, i might as well get it now
    2) i already wore double eyelid glue glue prior, but afterwards i put on eyeliner. people didn't say a lot about it.. they probably thought there was something off about me, but brushed it off as better makeup skills
    tbh i don't think double eyelid surgery makes a huge difference. my eyes were small before the surgery and they're still small now. don't worry, you will not look like a completely different person.
  • VoagVoag Posts: 28Member
    Do you guys know how many days after the surgery the PS will take out the stiches?  I'm trying to figure out how long I need to stay in Korea.

Colorsound,

If I were you, I would just wait.  Yes, I agree, one's face does change.  My eyes naturally became more hollow as I aged.  I'm 29 now.  Some people have more photogenic memories than others.  Some people I knew for a long time didn't notice while others with really good memories that didn't know me too well, did notice!  Overall, I think it depends on each individual if they notice or not.  Guys usually hardly ever notice.  haha...

IDOL

Voag wrote on 23 February 2012 - 10:00 PM:

Do you guys know how many days after the surgery the PS will take out the stiches?  I'm trying to figure out how long I need to stay in Korea.

5-7 days seems to be the consensus.
  • hotsauce1234hotsauce1234 Posts: 8Member
    does anyone know how long it takes before having a revision post-surgery ?? I had surgery 4 months ago but i want a revision 
  • cstrikecstrike Posts: 17Member

ROOKIE

Did my surgery at teuimps yesterday! Just took out the tape on my face and my eyes look  bigger but so natural. I will keep u guys updated.

I actually wrote a mega post about various clinics but due to internet explorer's mini coopertiness I lost the post :( :(

I'll write up another one soon....
    Lilaa
  • KapchunKapchun Posts: 8Member
    cstrike wrote on 24 February 2012 - 04:59 AM:

Did my surgery at teuimps yesterday! Just took out the tape on my face and my eyes look  bigger but so natural. I will keep u guys updated.

I actually wrote a mega post about various clinics but due to internet explorer's mini coopertiness I lost the post :( :(

Hope to c your pic soon. I consider getting consult at Teuimps also. I send my best wishes for your recovery.

• mzzangmzzang Posts: 130Member

ROOKIE

1) I got it when I was 15 years old and I don't regret it at all, but it's your choice in the end. (Im currently 18)
    2) The non-asians at school didn't really notice at all lol. I'm sure your friends will notice though. How dramatically your appearance changes depends on how you get your crease done.

ROOKIE

cstrike wrote on 24 February 2012 - 12:59 PM:

Oooh I can't wait!!! ^_^