Kim Hee Sun 김희선

My Loi

Kim Hee Sun - - "Korea's Number 1 Beauty"

qkGb7FH.jpgIMnQ1lH.jpg

KIM HEE SUN - "Korea's Number 1 Beauty"

Career

Kim Hee-sun debuted as the MC of SBS's music show Inkigayo in 1993 during her second year of high school,and has since become famous both at home and abroad as one of Korea's most beautiful actresses. She starred as the heroine in many hit trendy dramas in the 1990s, such as Propose and Forever Yours with Ryu Shi-won, Wedding Dress with Lee Seung-yeon, Mister Q with Kim Min-jong and Song Yun-ah, Tomato with Kim Suk-hoon, and Goodbye My Love with Ahn Jae-wook.

Kim also gradually built up a career in film, beginning in 1997 with Repechage opposite Jang Dong-gun. Director Lee Kwang-hoon subsequently put her in his next film, Ghost in Love in 1999. In her most high-profile role to date, Kim played the daughter of a Mongolian general in the big-budget martial arts fantasy Bichunmoo, shot in China and released in the summer of 2000. Although criticized for her acting in the film, it gave her more local and international exposure than any of her other films. Along with her popular TV dramas, it cemented her position as a Korean wave star in mainland China, Hong Kong, Taiwan and throughout Southeast Asia.

In late 2001, Kim took on a completely different kind of role, cutting her hair short and starring as an animator in Wanee & Junah. Although her acting in this film drew a favorable response from critics, the film itself was a flop at the box office. In 2003 her career took a bit of a downturn, when the environmentally-themed melodrama A Man Who Went to Mars (also known as A Letter From Mars), in which she starred with Shin Ha-kyun, proved to be an utter bomb at the box office.[5] She returned to television in 2005, playing a blind woman in Sad Love Story, which received low ratings.[6][7][8] But thanks to her popularity among Chinese viewers, she was then cast opposite Jackie Chan in The Myth, for which she learned to speak Mandarin.[9]

After her 2006 drama Smile Again, Kim got married in 2007, and she left the entertainment scene to devote her time to being a wife and mother. During this five-year hiatus from acting, she only appeared in magazines, and in 2009 she published Kim Hee-sun's Happy Mom Project, a book on childcare and how to lose post-pregnancy weight.[11][12][13][14]

Though she appeared in the 2011 Chinese epic The Warring States,Kim officially made her comeback as a modern-day doctor who time-travels to Goryeo in the 2012 period romance Faith.

In 2013 she became one of the hosts of the revamped second season of variety talk show Strong Heart. Titled Hwasin – Controller of the Heart, her co-MCs were Shin Dong-yup and Yoon Jong-shin 
After Hwasin was cancelled, Kim returned to acting in the 2014 weekend family drama Wonderful Days, written by Lee Kyung-hee.

DOB: February 25, 1977
Place of birth: Seoul, South Korea
Blood Type: O (Universal donor)
Height: 168 centimetres
Size: 33-24-34
Weight : 46 kg
Shoe size: 24 cm
Interests: Piano, Music, Ping-Pong, Pool
Favorite sports: Basketball and softball but she loves to watch more than participate; in high school, she was a ping-pong player
Character she wants to try acting the most: Ghost
Nickname when she was a child: Since she loved ice cream so much, she was called "cold person"
Dream as a child: Teacher
Ideal male counterpart: Normal person who can understand her, give her comfort and a sense of security, and is able to "respond to coyness"
Favorite foods: Chocolate, Ice cream
Commencement of acting career: Grade 11 (1993)
Motto: No matter what she encounters, she will not cry
Attractive feature: Her frequent smile
Alcohol level: Depends on her mood; normally, 5 bottles of beer, 2 glasses of wine, 6 bottles of lemon beer 
Education:
1. Heemang Elementary School
2. Jongam Women's Middle School
3. Heysung Women's High School
4. Chung-ang University
Happiest moment of her life: When she made it into university
If she could select another career: Designer
First time she fell in love: Grade 11
When she will get married: When the time is appropriate, she hopes as soon as possible
Future image of herself: A mother who deeply cares for her children
Secret formula to maintaining a nice body: Eat well and drink water early in the morning
Activities when she is alone: Shopping
How she relieves stress: Sleeping or shopping
Normal outfit: Casual clothing; jeans and any type of shirt plus a softball cap
Bad habit: When she is thinking, her mouth moves
Fans' letters: More than 100 letters per day
Most memorable fan: One fan kept sending her letters to a wrong address for many years without knowing, and the number of letters sent exceeded 1000 letters

Series:

2018: Nine Room (Tvn)

2017:  "Woman of Dignity"// Lady With Class (SBS)

2016: Icefantasy  (China Drama )

2015: Angry Mom (MBC)

2014 Wonderful Days (KBS2)2012 Faith(SBS)
2006 Smile Again (SBS)
2005 Sad Sonata/The Sad Love Story (MBC)
2003 The Perfect Girl/ My Fair Lady (SBS)
1999 Goodbye My Love (MBC)
1999 Tomato (SBS)
1998 Sunflower (MBC)
1998 Wedding Dress (KBS)
1998 To the End of the World (MBC)
1998 Mister Q (SBS)
1998 New York Story
1997 Propose
1997 The Color White (KBS)
1996 Faraway Country
1995 Sauna Guys (KBS)
1995 The Son of the Wind (KBS)
1994 The Tale of Chung Hyang
1994 SBS Agatha Christie (SBS)
1993 Year 11 Students

Movies:
2011: The Warring States
2005 The Myth
2003 A Man Who Went to Mars
2001 Wanee & Junah
2000 Bichunmoo
1999 Calla
1999 Ghost in Love
1997:Payback
1997 Repechage

Awards:
1995 Performance Awards: Budding Actress Award
1996 Baeksang Art Awards: Best New Actress
1996 KBS Drama Awards: Best Acting
1997 KBS Performance Awards: Popularity Award
1998 SBS Drama Awards: Grand Prize
1998 MBC Drama Awards: Most Popular Actress
1999 Honorary Ambassador of Goodwill to France
2000 Baeksang Art Awards: Most Popular Actress
2000 SBS Drama Awards: SBS Awards/Big Star
2000 Chung Yong Film Awards: Popularity Award
2001 Baeksang Art Awards: Most Popular Star
2001 Honorary Ambassador, Community Chest of Korea
2001 Blue Dragon: Most Popular Actress
2002 Reporters’ Choice: Entertainer's Good Deed Award
2002 Baeksang Art Awards: Most Popular Actress
2007 2nd Andre Kim Best Star Awards: Female Star Award
2009 4th Andre Kim Best Star Awards: Female Star Award
2012 9th Cosmo Beauty Awards: Beauty Icon of the Year
2012 20th Korean Culture and Entertainment Awards: Top Excellence Award, Actress (Faith)
2014 APAN Star Award 2014 :  Top Excellence Actress ( Wonderful Days )

2015: Asian Influence Awards Oriental Ceremony : Most Influence  Star of Asia 

2015: APAN Star Award 2015 :  Top Excellence Actress (MBC Angry Mom )

2016: 2016 (5th) APAN Star Awards

2017 : 2nd Asia Artist Awards    Grand Prize (Daesang)

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest litto_gurl

one of my favorite and most beautiful actress....

i like her ever since i saw her in the movie with

jang dong gun and the drama tomato with

kim suck hoon...

Guest paigehk

omg...how can some1 be that gorgeous? She is so pretty, no words can describe such beauty. I love every dramas of her, not because they are good, but because of Kim Hee Sun herself....lol, i like her dresses...all of them look so beautiful...

Guest KimSamSoon's craziie fan

Song Hye Kyo is prettier than her!

Kim Sun Ah acts better than her!

Her acting? I have to say I can't stand her!

Guest ponkie

^ Then why are you even here? If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

I think she has that elegant & classic beauty look. She looks gorgeous in every pic up there.

Archived