Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Soompi Forums is moving!! Migration is scheduled to begin next Tuesday (US) [more details]

How Do You Hide Your Shoelace Knot The Right Way? OOOOOH~

MisaPWNsMisaPWNs Posts: 308Member
edited June 2006 in beauty & fashion
(Example pics of what I mean)
I was wondering if anyone knows how the shoes in these pics hide their shoelace knot in front. All you see is the strings and you don't see the part where the shoelace is tied up. Do they just tie them behind the little pad? Do they not tie their shoes and just tuck them in somewhere? I just bought some skate shoes and want to make my shoelaces look like that too but I somehow feel that I'm not doing it right. What I'm doing is tieing the shoe behind the little pad but I don't know, you can kinda see it showing a bit when I walk around.

So I want my shoelaces to look like this:

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

Instead of having it tied in front like these:

IPB Image
IPB Image

Thanks for the help!
IPB Image
·

Replies

• PerniciousJuJuPerniciousJuJu Posts: 346Member
    I tie mine under the tongue and it works fine.
    IPB Image
    ·
  • dbSk iS k00ldbSk iS k00l Proud S?ne. oakland, caPosts: 2,880Friend of Soompi

IDOL

all they do is tie it behind the tonuge.. and thats how i do mines and it works so yea
    taeyangsig.jpg
    ________________________HB08.HB09.HB10.HB11
    ·
  • hide1998hide1998 Posts: 69Member
    the real way to hide it is just wear the shoe untied !
    ·
  • F4BUL0USz*F4BUL0USz* What the deuce? Patrick's Pineapple, Bikini BottomPosts: 1,973Member
    you can just tie it underneath the flappy thing
    The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.
    ·
  • fluffpufffluffpuff Posts: 875Member
    what i do is to tie a dead knot under the tongue, right where the underside shoelace hole is (make sure it is real 'dead' a knot) and cut the remaining lace. it's more convenient that way, you can just slip into your shoes without fussing over your shoelace knot
    goongcopy4qm.jpg
    ·
  • ANJEE<3ANJEE<3 GOT SEOUL!?! <3~~ Posts: 3,947Member

IDOL

yeah... i tie mine behind the tounge.... image

theres really nothing tricky about it
    ♥SHINHWA♥사랑♥SHINHWA♥19980324♥SHINHWA♥창조♥SHINHWA♥영원히♥SHINHWA♥
    ♥ANDY.LEE♥KIM.DONGWAN♥ERIC.MUN♥SHIN.HYESUNG♥JUNJIN♥LEE.MINWOO♥
    ·
  • CoCoGirl886CoCoGirl886 Posts: 309Member
    ^Yup, when you string your shoes, instead of making it thread from inside to outside, do it from out to in. I tie a double knot since the tongue of my shoes is sort of high. Or, you can tie it once and put the remaining parts on each sie of ur foot. It may feel a bit uncomfortable though.
    ☆What hurts them, will only make them stronger. True 소녀시대 fans believe in the power of 9☆ imageimage
    Credit to Alexis Summers for Avi & Banners ;]
    ·
  • CindyTHEGoddessCindyTHEGoddess Posts: 78Member
    edited June 2006
    i mostly wear forces .. and those laces are MAD LONG.. so i tie a big bow.. den i tuck one on each side.. :]
    cheaaaa.. This Be the Goddess of Soompi :)
    ·
  • *Binnie*Binnie Reward : $3462846295 Republic of BalalilagaPosts: 1,130Member
    i don't tie mine....i used to just stuff it under the tongue.
    but all those extra strings are really making me uncomfortable in the shoes, so i just tie them up into a single bow in the front.
    ·
  • RubiiexRubiiex Zeitgeist! Posts: 1,419Friend of Soompi
    Just tie it under the tongue.. and make sure to tuck it under there.
    and voila, there you go..
    ·
  • PizazzPizza88PizazzPizza88 Posts: 5,474Friend of Soompi
    sometimes when i try to put it under the tongue..it gets loose and falls off or is too uncomfortable
    ·
  • x3mangox3mango Hong KongPosts: 1,755Member
    tie them and then pull it to the back. image be sure to double knots or else it falls off too quick

·
  • malevolent.malevolent. ignorance is bliss. S0LE CAL.Posts: 3,450Friend of Soompi
    I just tie the knot under the tongue. It's not that hard.

what it do, what it do?!
    ·
  • o6.91o6.91 없어 StlPosts: 1,041Member

I dont tie mines at all. My shoes string arent that long so yeah.. The plastic part just sticks outta the hole.
    ·
  • FuiFui to hope is to expect OregonPosts: 3,745Friend of Soompi
    I don't even tie my shoe laces, I just tuck them under the tongue.

forever you & i

Fui's Myspace
    ·
  • cherryfiltercherryfilter Posts: 538Member
    edited June 2006
    well for my dc's i keep my shoe laces untied and on both sides of the shoe you'll see a flap.. i just tuck the shoe laces in there.

i think that is the right way..

i know hwat you mean about tying the shoelace behind the tongue looks kinda gay.. so yeah..
    ._.)/ ''let's be friends~ shall we?''
    msn: cherryfilters @ hotmail.com
    myspace...
    my thread
    my official art thread

"Everything here is eatable. I'm eatable, but that my children is called cannibalism and it is frowned upon in most societies."

"veni.vidi.vici."
    ·
  • JunanniJunanni Boston, MAPosts: 892Member
    ohhh there's a site:
    http://www.fieggen.com/shoelace/knots.htm

i have a pair of vans that i tie and the laces end up like the ones in the pictures (but i already had them tied like that when i bought them).
    In life, opportunity only knocks once.
    ·
  • x SaRaNg HaE xx SaRaNg HaE x I adore you. ? 626, CAPosts: 6,699Friend of Soompi
    I tie it behind the tongue. It gets annoying because when you slip your foot in, you might be stepping on top of the tied shoelace. Kind of hard to describe, but I like fluffpuff's idea.
    xdgz6t.jpg35bb9u1.jpg
    credit © j00n
    Love-Love Cafe , Status ; YouTube , tumblr , Facebook
    13,941 posts.
    ·
  • strawberrynkiwistrawberrynkiwi Posts: 4,157Member

IDOL

I just tie it at the front and pull it loose a little bit then pull the it behind the tongue.

♥strawberryANDkiwiSTORE ENTER
    No Jesus. No Peace. Know Jesus. Know Peace
    ·
  • ___orangelicious___orangelicious .1314. Posts: 1,082Member
    edited June 2006
    I got my lacoste velcros so I dont have to worry about tying my shoes anymore, urgh hated how they always came undone.
    ·