Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Soompi Ulzzang Contest Round 2 results are out! See who made it to the final round!

ucla/ucsd admission is provisional

yum_yumyum_yum Posts: 23Member
so... what does this mean exactly?
Hi
As some of you might know, I've been accepted to UCLA and UCSD and am still in the process of making a deicision.

I'm worried that they might revoke my acceptance since my gpa last quarter was super low.
O-chem: C
Bio: C
Phys: C
Diff. Calculus: B

I applied with a relatively low GPA and am so darn lucky to have gotten in. After last quarter, my GPA fell down to a 3.089.

So what does it mean by provisional? I understand that on the contract, it states that the gpa must be maintained, but is this to be loosely interpreted? Does it mean that all we have to do is pass our classes with C's?? (someone told me that) I'm worried that if I reject the other schools that I got into, and UCLA/UCSD rejects me, then I'll be screwed!!!! image Someone please reassure me!!! yikex

Replies

• aznfishyfartaznfishyfart <3 TaeYeon <3 West LA, CAPosts: 1,864Member
    im pretty sure for UCs u just have to get at least all Cs and ull be ok
  • PiffleSpritePiffleSprite Posts: 1,017Friend of Soompi

ROOKIE

im pretty sure you just need C's in every class youre taking right now... it matters more if you get a D, F or W in the class... image

hey yum_yum what school did you go to?
  • yum_yumyum_yum Posts: 23Member
    QUOTE(PiffleSprite @ May 15 2006, 10:57 PM) »

im pretty sure you just need C's in every class youre taking right now... it matters more if you get a D, F or W in the class... image

hey yum_yum what school did you go to?

Hey do you think it'll be too late to decide/turn in sir/transcript around may 20th because I don't want to take too long to decide that i won't be able to get that all done.
  • swimtheh2oswimtheh2o Posts: 12Member
    arent SIRs due may 1st? arrage with your school to send your transcript at the end of the school year. that should be okay.
    Currently Available for Sale at ** mySTORE ** a soompi forums store
    Assorted T-Shirts and Tops - Now Available!
    --> Check it out here.
  • DejaWuDejaWu Southern CaliforniaPosts: 201Friend of Soompi
    hm. i'm pretty sure you just need a 2.0 -- meaning, nothing below a C. if you wanna double check, you can always look at their websites for more info or call their counseling/admissions departments. i'm sure you probably have senioritis, but just hang in there! it's almost over! image
  • sweetfunnyhoneysweetfunnyhoney Posts: 206Member
    edited May 2006
  • ngaouctionngaouction Posts: 249Friend of Soompi
    i'm not sure how it works for freshman, but i applied as a transfer and got accepted to ucla. i ended up having to drop a class my last quarter at my community college, so i also got put on provisional admission. i was SUPER freaked out, but the others are right. i believe that as long as u get C's overall you're good. one of my requirements was that i take the class that i dropped in the summer and get at least a B, which i did. so if they have other requirements for you, definitely keep up as much as possible, but don't worry your head off.
  • LoLamaeLoLamae Posts: 86Member
    edited May 2006
  • HURRRRRHURRRRR Posts: 21Member
    isn't UCLA gpa requirement a B average unweighted?

that's what i remember since it was the same for UC Berkeley as well...

so...at this point, your gpa doesn't meet that requirement.

i dont know about "maintain your gpa" idea...

maybe UCSD is diff...
  • Battle CatBattle Cat Posts: 777Banned
    you got in based on your word, so that is provisional. now they are going to actually look at what you put in backed up with the transcripts and your admission might be revoked if you lied in your application.
    p a i n i s l o v e
  • PiffleSpritePiffleSprite Posts: 1,017Friend of Soompi

ROOKIE

edited May 2006
    QUOTE(swimtheh2o @ May 22 2006, 01:16 PM) »

arent SIRs due may 1st? arrage with your school to send your transcript at the end of the school year. that should be okay.

the SIR for transfers is due june 1st...
    may 1st for high school seniors...

QUOTE(yum_yum @ May 15 2006, 09:53 PM) »

Hey do you think it'll be too late to decide/turn in sir/transcript around may 20th because I don't want to take too long to decide that i won't be able to get that all done.

i sent my transcript in last week. my friend sent his transcript last friday. if it bothers you sending your transcript in later, do the express service (usually costs more) and it should come in 2-3 business days. image if not next day service. since the SIR is due june 1st, i think submitting it may 20th is okay. image lol so many things to do!

have you made your ucla email?