Higurashi no Naku Koro ni ; Higurashi When They Cry

Guest knockblock

Guest knockblock

So who is watching this? Its a horror anime and pretty suspenseful. Some of the things in it might be disturbing and scary. I've seen 4 episodes and so far its good.
higurashi_no_naku_koro_ni_roster_wallpap

Plot:
. The main protagonist is Keiichi Maebara, a young boy who has recently moved to Hinamizawa with his family, and begun to adapt to life in the countryside. Keiichi has a natural charisma which allows him to make friends easily. Since Hinamizawa is a small town of about two thousand people, with only a single school, there are not many children around his own age; he easily meets the others his age and becomes friends with them.

Volumes: 2 (Complete)Published by: YenPressAnime Episodes: 26
1355811199.jpg

higurashi-no-naku-koro-ni-612-1175x843.j

Higurashi_main_characters.jpg

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Take Five

i've seen some screencaps. it looks insane. maybe i'll check it out when it's complete.

Guest battousaixx

oh this anime.. man. every time i watch it, i'm like, "oh wtf, wtf" haha

its good and it's got it's 'twisted' and 'weird/mystery' type moments. i recommend this one

• 2 weeks later...
Guest nalito

I'm watching it. ^__^

I really like it. A creepy anime... man...

I'm waiting for the 6th episode to finish downloading. >.<

Guest madeinktown

is the series consisted of small stories with the same characters? i'm still a little confused about the transition from ep 4 to ep 5.

but i like this series. it has it's comedy in the first episode of the arc and then the series scary parts. i was freaked out during ep 3.

Guest h2obubbli

ah yes im watching this too, pretty strangely creepy from time to time.

ooo i dint kno epi 6 was out nd to download!

i cant see how this current 'twin' plot can be scary tho? o.O

Guest crazyMuka

I sort of regret that I let this anime slipped under my radar just because the character designs looked rather poor to me, or at least it seems so compared to other shows this season. Well, I decided to give it a go after reading some comments on AnimeSuki and boy, I'm glad I did. This anime is twisted and creepy, but it's just the kind of show I enjoy. I only watched up to ep 3 though, the rest I'm still downloading. It freaked me out how at one instant the girls are all kawaii and the next, they give us that scary cat-eyed look. I definitely will keep following this anime. To me, it's better than the overhyped Haruhi Suzumiya in terms of storyline.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest knockblock

Yeah the girls are scary. Their yelling startles me and when one of them laughs like a maniac it's freaky. I'm anticipating for some more answers to all the mysteries in the town.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest knockblock

So Mion was possessed by a demon. The end of episode 8 was brutal. This series keeps getting freaky.

Well so far I'm impressed. This anime is one of the best shows to come out in 2006.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Take Five

finally started to watch this, although on ayu's subs. maybe i should just get wind's subs though. anyway, i watched the first arc and it was pretty creepy near the end. it's like elfen lied but with 5 nyuus/lucys =X

Well...the whole is based off a visual novel, so it's supposed to have a good storyline. It's supposed to consist od 8 arcs:

Question Arc:

Onikakushi-hen

Watanagashi-hen

Tatarigoroshi-hen

Himatsubushi-hen

Answer Arc:

Meakashi-hen

Tsumihoroboshi-hen

Minagoroshi-hen

Matsuribayashi-hen

At the moment the latest episode is 12 (not subbed yet xP) and we're on the Tatarigoroshi-hen arc...

Cool anime, but rather mind messed to watch.

Guest Strawberry Boba Tea

Omoshiroi.

Finding my way there in a few seconds. I'm alone so I hope it really isn't too scary. But then again...

Guest madeinktown

^too bad the anime won't make it through all of these arcs =/

i think they will make it through all those arcs. it's sorta weird to hang the views on like that. i would totally love to see this series reach 32 episodes. (4 eps per arc, 8 arcs, you get the idea.)

Guest Take Five

this watanagashi arc confuses the hell out of me. i can't tell if it's mion or shion talking to keiichi. and i already have way too many questions about this series in general. i guess that's what the answer arcs are for though, right?

Guest knockblock

i think they will make it through all those arcs. it's sorta weird to hang the views on like that. i would totally love to see this series reach 32 episodes. (4 eps per arc, 8 arcs, you get the idea.)

If it somehow ends incomplete that would be a shame.

this watanagashi arc confuses the hell out of me. i can't tell if it's mion or shion talking to keiichi. and i already have way too many questions about this series in general. i guess that's what the answer arcs are for though, right?

I Guess so. Can be confusing in some instance. As for the two green haired girls, I think Shion is hotter. When Mion or Shion said that they had a cousin I thought she was making it up until they show that scene where the three meet up with each other.

Guest Strawberry Boba Tea

I liked the first 4 episodes. This is definately something new for me but damn, the green-haired girl and the brown-haired girl are so annoying. I wish I could get rid of them.

Guest madeinktown

i love mion and rena. they're so funny. i think ep 5 was the all time best episode ever.

rena - shh, mi-chan was really broken, but i finally fixed her up a bit.

keiichi - fixed her? how?

rena - the same way you fix a tv! it has to be done from a 45 degree angle, like this!

god bless rena.

Guest Take Five

^they just scare the crap out of me. i just watched ep 7 where mion was banging on the ladder and her face looked really messed up and i'm just like o_0

Archived