Ages of Korean stars vs. Hollywood stars

Guest saranghae

Guest saranghae
shocking!
lol.. this is from naver.. this is about young hollywood stars who look mature vs. older korean stars who look young... 01.jpg Scarlett Johansson (born in 1984) vs. Jang Nara (born in 1981 - 3 years older) Keira Knightley (born in 1985) vs. Lim Soo Jung (born in 1980 - 5 years older! :phew:) 02.jpg Hilary Duff - Moon Geun Young - Maria Sharapova - Kago Ai (Morning Musume) ALL 1987ers.. same age 03.jpg Mischa Barton - Han Hyo Joo - Lindsay Lohan 1986ers (Hyo Joo's a fast 1987, so same thing) Emma Watson - Go Ara 1990ers hehe.. wow lim soo jung looks SOOO young!! sorry if this has been posted before

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest aRtzy*faRtzy

ahhh wow~ but i think asia's "style" is to purposely look young. not like CHILDISH young but you know what i mean. and western style is the older mature look. =T

Guest tuesday

but hollywood stars actually try really hard to look "mature" - makeup, clothes etc. korean celebs in their early twenties try hard to look innocent and childlike/cute.

Guest ahyoung

sharapova is an 87er??!!

whoa;;;~~ i first saw her on moohan dojun and she looked like .. 25?!

Guest pel1300

They should compare Monica Belluci(42 years old) to um.....oh wait theres no such thing as a leading actress in Korea who is over 40.

I thought this thread was gonna be about how Hollywood actresses tend to be so much older than korean ones.

How many popular korean actresses are over 30? Choi Ji Woo and.....umm.......Choi ji woo???

I'd say about half of the leading actresses in Hollywood are over 30.

Koreans really need to change their standards about women and age. Nowadays, women at 30 years don't look so much different from in their mid 20s.

Guest meeshell

wow I see the difference... I know why though...

KOREAN HAVE FOUND THE FOUNTAIN OF YOUTH!

but seriously... I never knew how younger but older looking the American actresses are compared to Korean actresses...

eh, Americans wear too much make-up so it makes them look so old. I think it has something to do with their hair color too. Whenever I look at asian people, they're always so much younger. These ages are really surprising though!

-Jenny

Guest jerock

This isn't anything new. . .

Koreans and Most Asians are KNOWN to NOT look their age.

Mostly because asians have fuller cheeks and rounder faces. Common characteristics of "youth." Most caucasians lose this so-called "baby-fat" early in their teens, or don't have much at all. Hence, they have more angular features that age their face.

While most koreans don't lose that "full" look until way later in their lives. Of course quite a few still have that look into old age... with sagging skin. eww.

ahhh wow~ but i think asia's "style" is to purposely look young. not like CHILDISH young but you know what i mean. and western style is the older mature look. =T

yea I agree... I think what's considered attractive in Asia is always something more innocent and youthful and not mature no matter what age I am afraid =(

but hollywood stars actually try really hard to look "mature" - makeup, clothes etc. korean celebs in their early twenties try hard to look innocent and childlike/cute.

I know... it's not about wether Caucasians age faster at all... I say they age about the same rate really.

Koreans really need to change their standards about women and age. Nowadays, women at 30 years don't look so much different from in their mid 20s.

I know!! They need to really change.. but it's not just Koreans ... It's Japanese as well.

Asia in general still have such a long way to go as far as this goes... it's funny because Hollywood actresses complain about this too but in Asia it's far worse!

Guest Alice

Even if some of the Korean actresses look younger in the photos most of the American celebrities still look better -__- more classier

Even if some of the Korean actresses look younger in the photos most of the American celebrities still look better -__- more classier

I totally agree with you.

People have to realize that younger is not always better.

My cousins who are 12 and 13 would rather look younger than older ... it's ridiculous!

Actually I saw it on some random Korean tv that most young people I am talking people who are younger than 16 like hearing..."oh you look so young!" Something's wrong with Korean culture.

well having said that I don't think it's good to try too hard to look mature when you are not... like wearing tons of makeup.... Why can't people just appreicate the way they are in present?

Guest pinklegirl007

They should compare Monica Belluci(42 years old) to um.....oh wait theres no such thing as a leading actress in Korea who is over 40.

I thought this thread was gonna be about how Hollywood actresses tend to be so much older than korean ones.

How many popular korean actresses are over 30? Choi Ji Woo and.....umm.......Choi ji woo???

I'd say about half of the leading actresses in Hollywood are over 30.

I'd say about half of the lead actress in the korean Movie Industry are over 30, too! :rolleyes:

I agree with a lot of people saying that Korean stars tend to try to look younger, while American Stars try to look mature. But your arguement that there are not alot of lead actresses in Korea that are over 30??! :blink: There are so many respected and beautiful lead actresses in Korea that are over 30... How many Korean movies have you watched? LOL... Proabaly only teeny bopper movies and k-dramas from what I can see. :rolleyes:

I can think of many many Korean lead actress over thirty, more often in movies than dramas.... besides Choi Ji Woo

Kim Jung Eun (30) - Lead actress of k-drama "Lovers in Paris", and the most recent work was the movie "Love".

Lee Young Ae (35) - One of the leading Hallyu stars in Korea, after "Dae Jang Geum", and also won an internation award for her movie last year.

Go Hyun Jung (35) - Starred as lead actress in the SBS drama with Jo In Sung, called "Spring Days", currently casted as a lead actress of an highly anticipated movie in the making.

Choi Jin Shil (38) - Starred in the hit KBS drama "Life in Pink" as the main lead, drawing over 40% ratings, due to her great acting and loyal fans.

Kim Won Hee (34) - Lead actress of "Marry the Mafia 2", the sequel of Marry the Mafia. This sequel got higher ratings than the original movie!

This is all I can think of right now, but there are many more. More than half of my favorite actress are over 30, because they can actually act, and have more experience and talent. ;)

Also, most of the actors and actresses that are really respected in Korea and usually win big awards are the ones that are over 30 years old.

I can list many more lead k-actresses over 30, if you'd like to know more.... I know this forum is opinion based but you should know your facts before posting false info. Some people that may not know a lot of K-movies and K-dramas... They may get the wrong idea about the Korean entertainment industry from posts like yours. <_<

Archived