~핑클~FINKL [all the way from 1998 to now]

Guest menospeak1011

Guest menospeak1011

FIN.K.L - 핑클 Fine Killing Liberty 1998 124ou.jpg2005 839ic.jpgMEMBERS: Lee Hyori hyobefore3oq.jpg to hyori1td.jpg Position: Leader Nickname: Chori Birthday: May 10, 1979 Birthplace: Choong Book (South Korea) Height: 166 cm. Weight: 47 kg. Blood Type: A Religion: Christian Family: Mom, Dad, 1 brother, & 2 sisters School: Gook Min University (graduated in 2006) Ock Juhyun jubefore1tp.jpg to juhyun1do.jpg Position: Lead Vocals Nickname: Ok Ko Di Birthday: March 20, 1980 Birthplace: Seoul Height: 170 cm. Weight: ? Blood Type: O Religion: Christian Family: Mom, Dad, 2 brothers School: Kyung Hee University (graduated in 2005) Sung Yuri (her color is white... but b/c it blends in w/ the background...its grey) yuribefore5ni.jpg to yuri7rv.jpg Position: Vocals Nickname: Shil, Shilee, Tokki Birthday: March 3, 1981 Birthplace: Germany Height: 168 cm. Weight: 47 kg. Blood Type: B Religion: Christian Family: Mom, Dad, 1 older brother School: Kyung Hee University (graduated in 2005) Lee Jin jinbefore0zn.jpg to jin3av.jpg Position: Vocals Nickname: Mak Dae Gi (stick) Birthday: March 21, 1980 Birthplace: Kyoung Gi Do Su Won Height: 167 cm. Weight: 47 kg. Blood Type: B Religion: Christian Family: Mom, Dad, 1 older brother, 1 older sister School: Kyung Gi University HISTORY OF FIN.K.L : Fin.K.L stands for "Fine Killing Liberty", which loosely translates into the "fin" i.e. the end of liberty killing which means that the girls will stand up against and put an end to anything that will kill (our) liberty. The name was made up by fans via the Internet in Korea even before the members of this DSP Entertainment managed group were chosen. Ock Juhyun was the first member chosen to join the not yet official group. After Juhyun won a singing contest on the radio singing Mariah Carey's "Hero", she was chosen to be the first member, and to this day, of the group, she remains the strongest vocally. Lee Jin joined next, after Juhyun invited her to audition for the casting director. Jin was signed immediately after she sang Eco's "Haeng Bok Han Na Reul". Afterwards, while drawing some sketches in the park, Sung Yuri was discovered and invited to join. At first, it seemed that Fin.K.L would have no Yuri, as her family was against their smart student daughter throwing away her studies, but luckily for us they gave in. Finally, Lee Hyori, who would become the group leader, due to her being the oldest, was discovered while taking sticker pictures with her friends. By January 1998, with the group chosen and a name ready, Fin.K.L. was ready for the road to stardom. Fin.K.L debuted officially on May 22, 1998. Although the trend of late 90's K-pop was to have groups sing cute, catchy music, Fin.K.L's initial strength was in strong R&B ballads headed by Ock Ju-Hyun's powerful vocals, shown by their first single, “Blue Rain” (the title song from the album). Their first single was received quite well but it was not until their second release from their first album, "To My Boyfriend", did Fin.K.L truly prove their popularity. "To My Boyfriend" became the first of their numerous number 1 hits. S.E.S, the girl group consisting of Shoo, Eugene and Sea (Bada) were their main rivals and some even say that Fin.K.L was only created by DSP to bring competition against their rival company, that of S.E.S. Yet, the girls remain good friends, with Shoo being especially close to Yuri and Jin. They capped off their first album activities with a third single, “Ruby”, which was a sad lament over a lost love, and giving that love up for the good of everyone involved. This is fairly rare for a Korean group, as they typically release only one or two singles. What made Fin.K.L even more special is that they actually made a video for a fourth single, “Shadow” (which was eventually just left as a video and not promoted). During their first album, Fin.K.L was able to visit Tokyo, Japan and released a photo album entitled "Autumn Presents In Tokyo.” Fin.K.L’s success followed in the next year with their second album, White. Two hit songs from this album were “Forever Love” and “Pride.” Again, Fin.K.L appealed to the teenagers with pure and cute images. During their second album, they also planned a trip to Taiwan where they performed "To My Boyfriend", "Ruby" and "Go" to a huge crowd of Chinese fans, most of whom did not understand the lyrics, which demonstrates Fin.K.L's worldwide appeal. While in Taiwan, Fin.K.L was also able to meet with Taiwanese singer, Yuki Hsu, who did Mandarin covers of Fin.K.L's "To My Boyfriend" and "Ruby". A photo album of Fin.K.L's adventures in Taiwan was also released. In late 1999, Fin.K.L was awarded 2 Daesangs, which is the equivalent of the Grammy for "Artist of the year". This was a feat not even their rivals, SES, had accomplished. The period between Fin.K.L's second release "White" and that of their third release "S.P.E.C.I.A.L" was only a short seven months. The trend of K-pop in 2000 was to release a decimalized album titles to signify limited release and so was the case with Fin.K.L’s third release, their 2.5 album. The album contained many hits that added to Fin.K.L's popularity: "To My Prince", "Time Of The Mask", "White", and a remake of "Like An Indian Doll," a song made popular by Nami in 1989. This year, 1999, also marked the year of Fin.K.L's first live concert which was released in VCD and VHS format, both of which are no longer for sale. Fin.K.L's second live concert came only a year later and included such memorable performances as Hyori's "Genie In A Bottle" and Yuri's "Baby, One More Time". Later that year, marked the release of their third album "Now", which was quite distinct in its more mature portrayal of Fin.K.L. Unlike the previous catchy tunes and cute outfit, Fin.K.L members were dressed in semi-formal attire for its hit single “Now” (same name as the album) performances. “Feel Your Love”, another hit single from this album, was performed with winter school uniforms that signified transformation from a girl to womanhood. Again, as with their 2.5 album, their 3.5 album "Memories & Melodies" came only a short seven months after their previous release. This special concept album consisted of remakes of hits from the 80's and the 90's and was very well received. Instead of teenage listeners, this album appealed to adults in their 20's and 30's by arousing nostalgia. Compiled of oldie hits, Fin.K.L performed these songs with a new flavor, adding their own special touch. Two popular songs from this album were “You Wouldn’t Know”, a remake of the 1981 hit by Hye Eun-Yi, and “As of Right Now”, a remake of the 1996 hit by Lee Ye-Rin. Their last album, Forever, was released in 2002 and the title track of the same name was a smooth, silky ballad that showcased each girl's individual vocal strengths. The music video of this song not only displayed their vocal talents but their acting talents as well.. By May 2002, only two months after the release, the girls stopped activities on this album. Following their fourth album, came the period that I like to call "Together But Apart". The idea of "Together But Apart" is that although only rarely do the girls come together in the same room or event, as they are pursuing solo activities, in their hearts and in the hearts of their fans, the girls are together in their mind and spirit as Fin.K.L, even though they are apart in activities. After a three year hiatus, Fin.K.L returns at the end of 2005 to release a digital single titled “Fine Killing Liberty”, accompanied by a sexy music video, and two other tracks, “Butterfly”, which has an uptempo, r&b vibe and “I’m Crazy About You”, a ballad written by member Sung Yuri. Due to the lack of promotion, the digital single failed to make a dent in the charts. Instead of ignoring the single, though, they have since released a DVD with all of their music videos that also had the "Fine Killing Liberty" single in CD form. Currently, Fin.K.L has no plans for a fifth album. Fan mail: Fin.K.L c/o Daesung Entertainment Seochogu Yangjaedong Seocho-Gu P.O. Box 358 Seoul, Korea 137-603 Discography 1st album – Blue Rain Released: May 26, 1998 one7gx.gif 1) Blue Rain 2) Love’s Fragrance 3) Shadow 4) Ruby 5) Handwriting 6) To My Boyfriend 7) Temptation 8) Wink 9) Happy Promise 10) Go 11) Blue Day 2nd album – White Released: May 1, 1999 2nd26ak.gif 1) Forever Love 2) Waiting For You 3) The Beginning 4) The Story Inside The Drawer 5) Oh! Boy 6) I’m Right Now 7) So Then We 8) Pride 9) Still In Love 10) Kiss Me? Alright 11) Glass 12) My Prayer 2.5 album – S.P.E.C.I.A.L Released: December 1, 1999 2529ju.gif 1) To My Prince 2) Time of the Mask 3) White 4) Blind Love 5) Prayer 6) Rose 7) Hidden Shadow 8) Just For A Second 9) Poison 10) Tonight 11) Your Memory 12) Maybe 13) Like An Indian Doll 3rd album – Now Released: October 1, 2000 3rdalbum0ox.gif 1) Now 2) Feel Your Love 3) Eternal Love 4) My Love 5) Waiting For What 6) One Fine Day 7) Love’s Foundation 8) First Kiss 9) Pure Love 10) I Love School 11) Sting… 12) Please Remember Me 13) Dear Man 3.5 album – Memories and Melodies Released: April 17, 2001 35album3js.gif 1) Behind You 2) As Of Right Now 3) You Wouldn’t Know 4) Pupils 5) Jealousy 6) If You Give Me Your Heart 7) Just One More Time 8) A Longing Wish 9) The Perfume Inside Time 10) I Can See It 11) Love Is Like Glass 12) You’re Laughing Like A Doll But… 4th album – Forever Released: March 11, 2002 4th36lt.jpg 1) Goodbye 2) Forever 3) Change 4) If You’re Like Me 5) Never 6) Happy 7) Fortune 8) You’re My Boy 9) Bell 10) So For Your Love 11) Me In You 12) The Saddest Thing In The World 13) Don’t Go Away 14) Turning Away 15) One More Time Fin.K.L Forever DVD Released: December 6, 2005 dvd28sh.jpg *a mini-CD + 2 DVD combo that gathers the group’s biggest highlights from 1998 - 2005. The deluxe release offers the following exclusive material: 1) Special Music + Story DVD (approximately 260 minutes) including: * 10 music videos + 12 popular SBS songs * Exclusive Fin.K.L Interview * Fin.K.L Appearances in Now + CF Model 2) Special CD with 3 new songs including: * Fine Killing Liberty * Butterfly * I’m Crazy About You 3) Deluxe Photo Album (approximately 80 pages) f06bq.jpg816kl.jpg *To view performances of Fin.K.L or of the individual members, please check out www.youtube.com *CREDITS TO: finklitis, yahoo korea, empas, naver for additional information on Fin.K.L *Last Updated on June 19, 2006 *additional info can be found on page 6 this post is credited to "crybabytt" who has worked hard to compile everything... i'm just editing =]

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest iDpEaCeBoA

Hm, so when are they coming back?

And are they coming back with a full album? Like..would it be their 6th or so album?

AHH..they're my favorite girl group<3

Guest KuYA II

i heard it was just a digital single, and that they will just release the MV instead.

I don't think they're doing a comeback performance or anything.

Well..not that i know of *shrugs*

Guest .:LaUrEn.:

i'm SOOOOOO excited about finkl's upcoming digital single and mv!!! they're all such gorgeous girls, and they all seem to have great personalities too.

oh yeah. i heard they're back! cool. even though i dont really enjoy listening to their songs but ^^ wow....they're back again.

Guest snoopy

TOO BAD THEY ARE NOT PERFORMING.

We only get to see them through their MV

And they are not releasing a CD.

But their digital single will be provided with downloadable sites only.

Guest luv4seasons

gosh i wish they were performing~

they were my favorite kpop girl band and still are.

they were better together as a group tho.

Guest rapunzel283

I'm pretty sure they said the release date of their album was gonna be this Friday [the 7th O_O...]

Except there's been no other news. O_O...

FINKL JJANG~

Guest athena

i heard theyre going for the sexy image, which i think they shouldnt do because all the female singers and groups are going for that image. Except that im sure they can pull it off very well since they are older than the other girl groups.

Archived