Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Soompi Ulzzang Contest Round 2 results are out! See who made it to the final round!

Is it okay to wear jeans to a funeral?

JULIARGHHHJULIARGHHH Posts: 277Member
edited April 2006 in beauty & fashion
i'm wearing all black except just the bottom. i don't have any nice black pants so are jeans ok? or no?

EDITED!

THANKS FOR ALL THE OPINIONS EVERYONE.
HOWEVER THE FUNERAL PASSED!!!

But if you must leave a comment, after reading that I don't need any more ranting, give it a shot.

Replies

• rabidcrayonrabidcrayon Posts: 81Member
    i dont think so >_>... why dont you just wear a black skirt or dress ?
  • sujeanssujeans Posts: 1,544Member

IDOL

no i dont think so...
  • JULIARGHHHJULIARGHHH Posts: 277Member
    QUOTE(rabidcrayon @ Apr 9 2006, 11:08 PM) »

i dont think so >_>... why dont you just wear a black skirt or dress ?

i don't have any nice BLACK bottom and i didn't have time to get one. it's early tomorrow morning so i won't have any time to spare either. image
  • PDURRRPDURRR a dull boy. Your Wildest Dreams.Posts: 7,610Moderator

well best of luck to you
  • ~ BunnyliciouS ~~ BunnyliciouS ~ Mum OregonPosts: 26,370Friend of Soompi

SUPERSTAR

no black pants at all? image

• ITS VIVIAN! =DITS VIVIAN! =D CAPosts: 1,410Member

ROOKIE

no. i just went to a fuenral yesterday. and for me, i saw a few that came with jeans and it looks bad. pay some respects man. if you're not willing to pay some LAST respect for someone you love, please..just stay home
  • oObaby_yenOooObaby_yenOo Calgary AB, CanadaPosts: 114Member
    ...definitely a no!
    O b l i v i o u s . t o . y o u . . .what would it take ?
  • Baybe Gyrl`Baybe Gyrl` Posts: 873Member
    edited April 2006
    i think people would kind of look at you weird if you wear jeans =x.

well, i just looked up funeral etiquette for clothing-wise and most of them say something like this here

Black is the traditional color of mourning, but it is no longer required dress at a funeral. It is best to dress very modestly. Avoid bright colors and attire that calls attention to you.

yep yep. dress in a way that shows respect for the family and the person who passed away.

although it said that, i read in my seventeen magazine that if you [hypothetically] end up wearing a skirt, make sure you were black tights to cover your bare legs.

even though they said it's okay to wear jeans, personally i wouldn't do it. did you ask a bunch of people if they had black slacks?
    so we'll just let them hate
    cause they can't stop us babe
  • BatgirlBatgirl The Oracle San Jose, CAPosts: 2,634Friend of Soompi
    QUOTE(ITS VIVIAN! =D @ Apr 9 2006, 11:19 PM) »

no. i just went to a fuenral yesterday. and for me, i saw a few that came with jeans and it looks bad. pay some respects man. if you're not willing to pay some LAST respect for someone you love, please..just stay home

dizzam!

borrow from someone homie
  • swtaznangelswtaznangel Bay Area, CAPosts: 2,283Member

IDOL

edited April 2006
    what about BLACK jeans? o.O with no white at all.

when i went to a funeral, everyone just wore whatever they wanted, i wore a bright pink shirt with jeans, and blue jacket. lol
    Cfood'sBOOK
    FORMSPRING.cfood
    Bright, friendly smiles can change a person's perspective of you. So smile? =]
  • danjchoidanjchoi Posts: 63Member
    edited October 2012
  • AliceAlice Posts: 2,051Member
    edited April 2006
    I went to a funeral with dark blue jeans(and a white jacket -__-) once as I was visiting China and I didn't have a lot of clothes with me.. it wasn't a real funeral though, it was the burial of my grandfather after his death some 20 years ago. It was just a ceremony for placing his ashes underground.
  • malevolent.malevolent. ignorance is bliss. S0LE CAL.Posts: 3,450Friend of Soompi
    QUOTE(swtaznangel @ Apr 9 2006, 11:28 PM) »

when i went to a funeral, everyone just wore whatever they wanted, i wore a bright pink shirt with jeans, and blue jacket. lol

what it do, what it do?!
  • &lt;3goesDOKIDOKI<3goesDOKIDOKI Posts: 6,159Member
    ^^ wut da. my family would flip out we're chinese you know. bright pink is like a color for GOOD things.... i cant even visit my ancestors wearing pink lol
  • Tr710Tr710 Old Grump Home sweet homePosts: 2,510Friend of Soompi
    I say go for it. The point of going to a funeral is to pay respect to a dead person first and foremost. Do people honestly think that by wearing jeans it is disrepectul to the dead? That's just nonsense; stupid rules made up by soceity. As if the guy in black pants and a crisp suit whose mind is occupied with something else is some how more respectul than the person wearing shorts or jeans whose mind is truly concentrated on the funeral and the dead person?
    Bah, humbug!
  • JULIARGHHHJULIARGHHH Posts: 277Member
    edited April 2006
    QUOTE(Tr710 @ Apr 9 2006, 11:36 PM) »

I say go for it. The point of going to a funeral is to pay respect to a dead person first and foremost. Do people honestly think that by wearing jeans it is disrepectul to the dead? That's just nonsense; stupid rules made up by soceity. As if the guy in black pants and a crisp suit whose mind is occupied with something else is some how more respectul than the person wearing shorts or jeans whose mind is truly concentrated on the funeral and the dead person?

Good point. Thank you. image
    Besides, it's not like I'm wearing jeans just because I want to. I HAVE NO CHOICE!?! image I can't borrow anyone's clothes because I'm not their size or that they are planning to wear them. And how is disrespectful if I am trying to make an attempt?
  • danjchoidanjchoi Posts: 63Member
    edited October 2012
  • koreancutie01koreancutie01 Posts: 44Member
    I'm sorry for your loss.

Please, no jeans. Show respect and wear a nice pair of pants or a modest skirt.
  • polabolapolabola hellraiser La Islas PilipinasPosts: 1,715Member
    yes, when I was younger, I wore jeans to my grandpa's funeral, but then again, in my country it's okay as long as your top is black.

b-set is from the talented Fleur

Maybe you need a blind date, I have friends but your attitude sucks , I dont think they will like you, they have blue eyes.
    -dumbestquotes.com
  • suzzahsuzzah ain't no perfect world till we're in heaven...* MELBOURNEPosts: 1,730Member
    i wore jeans .___. but thats only because i only knew the day b4 and i only had less then a day to find sum pants, but i never did. so i wore my darkest colour jeans
    melbourne, blog/Ss