Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Soompi Ulzzang Contest Round 2 results are out! See who made it to the final round!

Veins bulge out in my hands and lower arms sometimes...

43214321 Posts: 846Member
is it normal? why does it happen?
Sometimes when I put my hands on my lap, the veins bulge out, and then when I elevate my hands the veins go away. Someone told me this happens because I have too much testosterone, is that true? Does this happen to anyone else?

Replies

• BakamaruBakamaru SeattlePosts: 287Member
    ...thats normal lawls the blood is just rushing down to your hands cause they're low down then when you raise them the blood goes elsewhere image happens to me too, i think its cool looking
  • cyberfruitcyberfruit Mythbuster! Ft.Bend County ---> (soon to be) Arlington, TxPosts: 5,338Member
    No, you do not have too much testosterone. The veins could be showing because you may not have a high body fat percantage or because your arms are toned.
    ~Too many mutha uckas
    Uckin’ with my shi-
    With my shi-
    How many mutha uckas?
    Too many to count
    Mutha uckas~

• BruskyBrusky SF/OCPosts: 1,688Member
    edited April 2006
    QUOTE(Bakamaru @ Apr 5 2006, 11:50 PM) »

...thats normal lawls the blood is just rushing down to your hands cause they're low down then when you raise them the blood goes elsewhere image happens to me too, i think its cool looking

QUOTE(cyberfruit @ Apr 6 2006, 05:34 PM) »

No, you do not have too much testosterone. The veins could be showing because you may not have a high body fat percantage or because your arms are toned.

Those are your answers. Not too much more to it than already mentioned. image

Your veins also tend to "pop out" when it's hot and humid out as well. As I'm sure you know, when things get heated, they expand. Therefore, heat will make your veins dialate and get bigger and pop out.

• Steph*Steph* Posts: 3,908Friend of Soompi
    That happens to me a lot. I thought it's just cause I'm really skinny (well my hands are.)
    let me serenade your soul.
  • im` l0vEdim` l0vEd x3 CALiPosts: 2,573Friend of Soompi
    edited April 2006
    QUOTE(cyberfruit @ Apr 6 2006, 05:34 PM) »

'
    false. yes, you can.

testosterone is a hormone and jus like ANY hormone, you can get TOO MUCH OF IT. or TOO lil of it.
  • cyberfruitcyberfruit Mythbuster! Ft.Bend County ---> (soon to be) Arlington, TxPosts: 5,338Member
    QUOTE(im` l0vEd @ Apr 6 2006, 08:39 PM) »

'
    false. yes, you can.

testosterone is a hormone and jus like ANY hormone, you can get TOO MUCH OF IT. or TOO lil of it.

I said that she doesn't have too much testosterone, not that she can't have too much.
    ~Too many mutha uckas
    Uckin’ with my shi-
    With my shi-
    How many mutha uckas?
    Too many to count
    Mutha uckas~

• BruskyBrusky SF/OCPosts: 1,688Member
    QUOTE(im` l0vEd @ Apr 6 2006, 06:39 PM) »

'
    false. yes, you can.

True that you can have too much testosterone, but that's irrelevant as there's no relationship between levels of testosterone and visible veins.

• PizazzPizza88PizazzPizza88 Posts: 5,474Friend of Soompi
    that's normal
    it looks so bad on me; i have a lot
    well, if you move your hands up instead of facing downward, then they will go away