Official Michael Jackson Thread

LucasBunny

~1958-Forever~ we love you so much Michael

MJGRA.jpg

Our Shining Star 1958-forever

MJGRAPHIC.jpg

michael-jackson41.jpg

pic03.jpg

The Bio History of Michael Joseph Jackson began when he was born on the 29th of August 1958 in Gary, Indiana. He was the 7th of nine children. (brothers: Sigmund "Jackie", Toriano "Tito", Jermaine, Marlon, Steven "Randy", and sisters Rebbie, Janet and La-Toya Jackson Michael began his musical career at the age of 5 as the lead singer of the Jackson 5 who formed in 1964. In these early years the Jackson 5, Jackie, Jermaine,Tito,Marlon and lead singer Michael played local clubs and bars in Gary Indiana and moving further afield as there talents grew and they could compete in bigger competitions. From these early days Michael would be at the same clubs as big talented stars of there days, such as Jackie Wilson and would be learning from them even back then. In 1968 the Bobby Taylor and The Vancouvers discovered the Jackson five and from there they got an audition for Berry Gordy of Motown Records. The Jackson 5 signed for Motown and moved to California. Their first 4 singles, "I Want You Back", "ABC", "The Love You Save", and "I'll Be There" all made US No1 hits. The Jackson 5 recorded 14 albums and Michael recorded 4 solo albums with Motown. The Jackson 5 stayed with Motown until 1976, wanting more artistic freedom they felt they had to move on and signed up with Epic. The group name Jackson 5 had to be changed as it was owned by Motown, so they reverted to The Jacksons as they had be known in the early days. Brother Jermaine married Berry Gordy's daughter and stayed with Motown. Youngest brother Randy joined in his place. The Jacksons had a number of hit recordsand in total made 6 albums between the years of 1976 and 1984. In 1977 Michael made his first film debut when he starred in the musical 'The Wiz' playing Scarecrow with Diana Ross in the lead role of Dorothy. It was at this time Michael met Quincy Jones who was doing the score for the film. Michael teamed up with Quincey Jones as his producer for his first solo album with Epic Records. The album titled "Off The Wall" was a big success around the world and the first ever album to release a record breaking 4 No1 singles in the US. In 1982 Michael Jackson released the world's largest selling album of all time, 'Thriller'. This album produced 7 hit singles, breaking yet again more records, and went on to sell over 50 million copies worldwide. Michael was keen to use music video or short films as he called them to promote his singles from the album. He worked with the best directors and producers, using the latest technology and special effects.for the hit song 'Billie Jean' The short film 'Thriller' used the latest make-up artists technolgy combined with fantastic dancing and cherography, to produce a 14 minute video, with a start, a middle and an ending. So successful was this video that 'The Making Of Michael Jackson's Thriller' became the world's largest selling home video combined with soaring album sales. In 1983 Michael performed the now legendary moonwalk for the first time on the 'Motown 25 years' anniversary show. This performance alone set Michael undoubtable into the realm of a superstar. In 1984 Michael won a record breaking 8 Grammy awards in one night. The awards were for his work on the 'Thriller' album and his work on the narrative for the 'ET Storybook'. In 1987 Michael released his much awaited third solo album, titled 'Bad', and lauched his record breaking first solo world tour. 1988, Michael wrote his first autobiography talking for the first time on his childhood and his career. At the end of the 1980s Michael was named 'Artist Of The Decade' for his success off of his 'Thriller' and 'Bad' albums. In 1991 Michael signed with Sony Music the largest ever recording contract and released his fourth solo album, 'Dangerous'. He toured world again in 1992, taking his concerts to countries that had never before been visited by a pop/rock artist. Also Michael founded the 'Heal the World Foundation' to help improve the lives of children across the world. In 1994 Michael married Lisa Marie Presley, daughter of rock legend Elvis Presley. The marriage only lasted for 19 months, as they divorced in 1996. 1995 saw Michael release a fifth solo album, 'HIStory', which was a double album, first half new material and second half half greatest hits. Michael toured again over a legs covering a 2 year period. In between legs of the tour on November 14th 1996, Michael married for his second time to Debbie Rowe who was a nurse that Michael had met in the treatment of his skin pigment disorder. Together they had their first child Prince Michael Joseph Jackson jr born on February 13 1997 and a daughter Paris Michael Katherine Jackson born on April 3rd 1998. In 1997 Michael released the remix album 'Blood On The Dance Floor' which also contained 5 new song linked with a 38min film "Ghosts". This film Michael played 5 roles using the latest special effects and make-up artistry, combined with his dance and music. In September, 2001 Michael celebrated his 30th anniversary as a solo artist with two concerts to be held in New York, USA. Many artists such as Whitney Houston, Usher, Destinys Child, Shaggy and many more performed there own and Michael Jacksons past songs. Michael then reunited with all of his brothers performed there biggest hits. Michael then went onto perform solo some of his biggest hits. In October 2001 Michael released the album 'Invincible' so far releasing only 2 singles including the big hit "You Rock My World". Since the release of this first single the album has been surrounded by rumours of a rift with Sony Music and a clear lack of promotion of the album.

Discography 200px-Mj1971-got-to-be-there.jpgBenMichaelJackson.jpg200px-Mjmusicandme.jpg200px-Mjforever.jpg Michael Jackson albums (as an adult artist) OFF THE WALL off-the-wall.jpgTHRILLER 200px-Michaeljacksonthrilleralbum.jpgBAD 200px-Michael_jackson_bad_cd_cover_.jpgDANGEROUS 200px-Michaeljacksondangerous.jpgHISTORY 200px-History_album_cover.jpgINVINCABLE 200px-Mjinvincible.jpg
Achievements michael_jackson3.jpg Michael Jackson has set many records throughout his career and won many awards. From the early days of the Jackson 5 to the current day. Michael Jackson has been in a league of his own with his best competition being himself and trying to improve on what he has already achieved. He are a just a few of the record breaking achievements. Biggest Selling Album Of All Time - Guiness Book Of World Records Michael Jackson's "Thriller" Album is the biggest selling album of all time, with over 50 million copies sold worldwide. Thriller is also the biggest selling U.S album with sales of 25 million copies. Most No1 Hits in 1980's By The End of the 1980's MIchael Jackson had more #1 hits than any other artist for the decade. Greatest Audience - Guiness Book Of World Records The highest-ever viewership was 133.4 million viewers watching the NBC transmission of Super Bowl XXVII on June 31, 1993. Michael was spotlighted during the half-time peformance. Bad Tour - Guiness Book Of World Records Michael Jackson's world tour brought in a record gross revenue of over $124 million during September 1987-December 1988. 100 Million Records Michael has sold over 100 million singles and albums outside of the U.S. Billboard Charts Michael Jackson is the first person in the 37 year history of the Billboard chart to enter straight in at No1, with his single "You Are Not Alone". The previous record "Earth Song" which had debuted at No5 and also Michael Jacksons. Biggest Selling Video Michael Jackson's "The Making Of Thriller" is the biggest selling video to be released by an artist. Billboard "Hot 100" Singles Chart Most No1 Hits by Male Artist (13) No1 Debuts Michael Jacksons "Bad", "Dangerous", and "HIStory" albums all debuted in at No1. Awards Michael has won more awards than any other artist. No1 On Charts In 1983 Michael became the first artist to simultaneously hold the number one spots on Billboard's rock albums and rock singles charts, as well as the R&B albums and singles charts. Consecutive No1 Singles Jackson 5 were the first group to ever have four consecutive No1 singles. Credits: All Micheal Jackson.com
I fixed the front page I know it's been ages since this thread has been touched but we have to keep his music alive you guys

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest theriverjordan

I'm a huge Michael Jackson fan and Ive met him twice including once last year when I went to L.A (from Australia) to support him during the trial. I sat in the court room on four occasions and listened to the testimony of the accusers psychotic lying mother.

I've been a massive fan for 16 yrs straight. He's amazing and is unfailingly nice to everyone irrespective of how much like crap they treat him. It's sad that too many people can't see that the Michael Jackson they've come to "know" in the media is just a bold faced creation from the media themselves.

In all my experiences with him (my first MJ meeting was a decent one, a lengthy chat) he's been very normal and really, really nice and kind. And all the experiences that my friends have had (some, so many!) it's always been great. He's just great.

And it's funny because people who tell you he's changed, or his music isn't the same quality as it was "back then" ... never really knew him or anything about him to begin with, and probably haven't heard more than one single song since 1996.

I love him :D

this is my site;

www.steady-laughing.com

Guest yoojini

he was better when was still black. lol~

i went to a club about a month-and-a-half ago and they were playing his hit song "billie jean" and ever since then...i've been listening to it. :rolleyes:

Guest theriverjordan

he was better when was still black. lol~

i went to a club about a month-and-a-half ago and they were playing his hit song "billie jean" and ever since then...i've been listening to it. :rolleyes:

Unfortunately he didnt get a choice in the matter, mate. He's still the same person, he just doesn't look the same. I've always thought it's a bit funny how people say that in an apparently unprejudiced and post-racist society.

You can read about his skin disorder;

Vitiligo - It includes pictures w/ proof and an explanation of it.

I'm a huge Michael Jackson fan and Ive met him twice including once last year when I went to L.A (from Australia) to support him during the trial. I sat in the court room on four occasions and listened to the testimony of the accusers psychotic lying mother.

I've been a massive fan for 16 yrs straight. He's amazing and is unfailingly nice to everyone irrespective of how much like crap they treat him. It's sad that too many people can't see that the Michael Jackson they've come to "know" in the media is just a bold faced creation from the media themselves.

In all my experiences with him (my first MJ meeting was a decent one, a lengthy chat) he's been very normal and really, really nice and kind. And all the experiences that my friends have had (some, so many!) it's always been great. He's just great.

And it's funny because people who tell you he's changed, or his music isn't the same quality as it was "back then" ... never really knew him or anything about him to begin with, and probably haven't heard more than one single song since 1996.

I love him :D

this is my site;

www.steady-laughing.com

I luv u and I hate u cuz u met him! Lol!

Wow I'm also a huge fan!

Yesterday I bought Off The Wall!

Guest Iridescence

He really is a great artist. His music is an inspiration for many of the current artists of today.

Have you tried singing Smooth Criminal on the karoake? Super hard. I busted out laughing just trying to sing the 'Annie, are you okay?' part.

Guest theriverjordan

Hahaha its awesome that theres other fans here :) (He's in my av!)

I LOVE Chris Tucker singing Dont Stop, its so funny!

Iridescence, I have in fact done Smooth Crim at karaoke! Its so funny. "ANNIE ARE YOU OKAY WILL YOU TELL US THAT YOURE OKAY THATS A SIGN IN THE WINDOW THAT HE STRUCK YOU, A CRESCENDO ANNNNNNNNIEEEEEEE"

My fave karaoke mj song is You Rock My World.... I did that with my friend once and all the plebians thought that was there cue to jump on the stage and grind us. Dickheads.

Lucasbunny, Off The Wall is AWESOME -- my fave song on that album is "I cant help it"

"I CANT HELP IT IF I WANTED TOOOOOOO I WOULDNT 'ELP IT EVEN IF I COULD'UHHHHHHH"

sooo cute... and "Its The Falling In lOve"

If you listen to the little cackle at the beginning of "Off The Wall" ... thats MJ doing his "monster" voice hehe. He's such a cutie.

Hahaha its awesome that theres other fans here :) (He's in my av!)

I LOVE Chris Tucker singing Dont Stop, its so funny!

Iridescence, I have in fact done Smooth Crim at karaoke! Its so funny. "ANNIE ARE YOU OKAY WILL YOU TELL US THAT YOURE OKAY THATS A SIGN IN THE WINDOW THAT HE STRUCK YOU, A CRESCENDO ANNNNNNNNIEEEEEEE"

My fave karaoke mj song is You Rock My World.... I did that with my friend once and all the plebians thought that was there cue to jump on the stage and grind us. Dickheads.

Lucasbunny, Off The Wall is AWESOME -- my fave song on that album is "I cant help it"

"I CANT HELP IT IF I WANTED TOOOOOOO I WOULDNT 'ELP IT EVEN IF I COULD'UHHHHHHH"

sooo cute... and "Its The Falling In lOve"

If you listen to the little cackle at the beginning of "Off The Wall" ... thats MJ doing his "monster" voice hehe. He's such a cutie.

I know!

I luv that song!

The album I bought has the original studio recording of

"Don't Stop Til You Get Enough" and "Workin Day and Night"

cuz it's a remaster!

I wish I had the original print!

My grandpa had all of them!

My aunt met the jackson 5 along time ago!

But he sang so well on "Ben Live" on "MJ'S #1'"

Guest theriverjordan

Oh yeah I have the remastered versions too!! It's awesome :D

I've been lucky cause everyone used to collect everything for me when I was young... My parents friends, my grandma... anyone who knew I loved MJ would always give me stuff and as a result...

r1.jpg

shelves.jpg

videos.jpg

collection.jpg

r3.jpg

r2.jpg

courtsticker.jpg

And this is me at MJ's house in California

03e955aa.jpg

nev4.jpg

Wow.... what a loser, huh LOL

Guest theriverjordan

Haha well, Im only 22!! But I guess I've grown up with his music as a child when MJ was at the peak of his success. Oh you can get those dolls on ebay! :D They're so much fun! I have a website dedicated to the doll and so many funny pics of it hahaha.

I think its fantastic that there are younger people interested in Michael Jackson still, its a testament to his level of talent -- and a true indication that people, despite their age, are intelligent enough to realise that above all else they hear, they see... that music is what is important! And even further then on to be able to look thru the crap that the media reports and still independantly decide to give him the benefit of the doubt. :) I think that's admirable! It's hard to ignore the media sometimes.

I dont like Justin Timberlake cause he's said some really nasty things about MJ recently, and if it werent for MJ no one would have any idea who Nsync were outside of America.

I'm new to Asian music so I had no idea that Se7en and Rain liked MJ! Ill have to check more of their music. (Any particular songs?) I LOVE Usher... even though Usher is so full of himself, I think he does MJ justice. Justin reminds me of a wanna be Usher, wanting to be Michael hahaha.

Theres an Australian artist who also loves MJ called Guy Sebastian he's a Malaysian born singer, he's got an awesome voice!

Haha well, Im only 22!! But I guess I've grown up with his music as a child when MJ was at the peak of his success. Oh you can get those dolls on ebay! :D They're so much fun! I have a website dedicated to the doll and so many funny pics of it hahaha.

I think its fantastic that there are younger people interested in Michael Jackson still, its a testament to his level of talent -- and a true indication that people, despite their age, are intelligent enough to realise that above all else they hear, they see... that music is what is important! And even further then on to be able to look thru the crap that the media reports and still independantly decide to give him the benefit of the doubt. :) I think that's admirable! It's hard to ignore the media sometimes.

I dont like Justin Timberlake cause he's said some really nasty things about MJ recently, and if it werent for MJ no one would have any idea who Nsync were outside of America.

I'm new to Asian music so I had no idea that Se7en and Rain liked MJ! Ill have to check more of their music. (Any particular songs?) I LOVE Usher... even though Usher is so full of himself, I think he does MJ justice. Justin reminds me of a wanna be Usher, wanting to be Michael hahaha.

Theres an Australian artist who also loves MJ called Guy Sebastian he's a Malaysian born singer, he's got an awesome voice!

Wait a minute!

No JT did not play himself!

What did he say about him???

I can't stand that boy!

He is just jealouse he will never reach his success!

Yup Rain and Se7en like MJ!

U can go to YouTube, all these korean guys including Rain

did a dance thing to MJ!

Se7en did one seperate! He did a great job!

He studied MJ so well!

Guest theriverjordan

Wait a minute!

No JT did not play himself!

What did he say about him???

I can't stand that boy!

He is just jealouse he will never reach his success!

He played himself real good. Wanker.

He basically said that it had been great for him to see his idol "go crazy" because it taught him what not to become. He also said something else that I can't remember exactly, but he said he thought Mj was "cool" before, but now it was different.

It pissed me off because I hate when people jump on the bandwagon, if something is cool everybody thinks its cool and when its not cool anymore, people dont wanna admit to liking it. Its always been this way with MJ. Theres a LOT of people who love him but would never admit it cause its not cool, so they join in with the pathetic jokes about his nose, or the accusations. Its stupid.

And it was good enough for Justin to kiss mjs richard simmons when it was helping his own career, but as soon as the going gets tough for Michael, he jumps ships.... and omg. He really screwed Janet over and wiped his hands clean of the whole superbowl thing.

Ah well, his career isnt really doing anything right now anyway. And I hope his "new" album flops. lol.

Guest crazylush

Despite all the things MJ has been accused of doing, all I know is that when I was a kid, my mom would have to put in his cassette tapes to get me to take a nap.

Don't deny it everyone, y'all know the lyrics and dance to Billie Jean. :lol:

Guest theriverjordan

Theyre only accusations. 12 jurors proved him to be innocent in a court of law.

I always wonder if he was found guilty if people would still say, "So what? That doesnt mean he's REALLY guilty." but they always say that about his innocence.

Complete and utter 100% vindication and still has the paedophile stigma attached. It's so sad.

Archived