H A I R S T Y L E . G U I D E

WEBSITES - find pictures for the perfect hairstyle

TUTORIAL THREAD - share methods on how to do certain hairstyles

GATSBY MOVING RUBBER (hair styling product):

MULLET HAIRSTYLE THREAD:

RACCOON HAIRSTYLE THREAD:

MIKKI HAIRSTYLE TUTORIAL THREAD::

F E M A L E

Are You A Match For Your Hair? - credits to superlita (taken from 101 hairstyle magazine) OVAL FACE: ( Length equal to one and a half times width. )
An oval shaped face is the most desired for its perfect balance. Celebs that bear oval dimensions include Charlize Theron, Jewel, Uma Thurman and Julia Roberts. Ovals can wear an and look striking whether it's a shoulder-length cut with straight layers or a long, full curly look. Ovals look best with their hair pulled back. Ponytails look appealing on ovals for daytime and buns look classic at night. Wearing hair off your forehead gives you great profile symmetry, while bangs spotlight the upper part of the face like eyes and cheekbones. You've got a lot to choose from, ovals. Experiment and have fun!

ROUND FACE: ( Your face is as wide as it is long. This may vary a little, but generally the measure is close. )

If you have a round shape, you share the spotlight with celeb Dunst, Kate Winslet, and Drew Barrymore. This type of circular form looks good in cuts that narrow the face. If you want to go for a short-haired look, wear a side part or an off center part to contrast the circular form of the face. Beware of straight bangs which shorten a face, but you can sport curly, loose bangs to the texture. Rounds are flattered by hair below the chin or shoulder length and look best in long straight hair styled close to the face. Don't be afraid of height. A little height to the top adds a lot to that gorgeous round face!

OBLONG FACE: ( Longer than it is wide. )

Oblong faces are known for their long, narrow shape, which accentuates a sharp appearing chin. They look their best in hairstyles and cuts that compliment the top half of the face; filling out features liked the ears, cheekbones, eyes and sides of the face. Oblongs should stick to cuts that fall two inches above the shoulders, which explains why stars like Gwyneth Paltrow and Sarah Jessica Parker look more stunning with updos than long, straight hair. Add a wavy look for an overall fullness. Stay away from the middle parts, which bring out the chin. Go for a side part that droops low and drapes your hair across your forehead, which adds width to the face. Find a pretty barrette to hold the look together and knock em' out!

DIAMOND FACE: ( Widest at cheekbones, narrow forehead and jaw line of approximately equal widths. )

A round cut is ideal for diamonds. These shapes look best in the fullest styles, such as a graduated short bob, which drapes the chin or long, voluminous waves. ( Think Elizabeth Hurley ). Loose, wide bangs and wisps around the chin area are ideal for diamond faces, adding more fullness to the lengthy top half of the face.

HEART FACE: ( Narrow at jaw line, wide at cheekbones/and or forehead. )

The best style for heart shapes are chin-length or longer. Think chin-length bob! Side-parted hairstyles compliment the forehead. You may also want to try swept-forward layers around the upper face with wispy bangs. This creates a balanced look by giving fullness where you need it. You can wear even shorter styles, however if you are a dramatic heart shape you need to leave weight in the back nape area. This will achieve more balance between your dramatic cheekbones and more narrowing chin. As a general rule, avoid short, full styles that emphasize the upper face. Height at the crown and severe, slicked back looks won't work either. Just remember if you have a dramatic heart shape face like celebs Jennifer Love Hewitt, Reese Witherspoon, Ashley Judd and Juliette Binoche, you have great cheekbones to emphasize!

SQUARE FACE: ( Your face is about as wide as it is long. )

Holly Marie Combs, Demi Moore and Sandra Bullock are all pretty square facially, that is/ Since square faces have equal width length, it is important to choose a hairstyle that adds a fullness to the firm angled line of the jaw and brow. A middle part will magnify the square shape, so start with a side part, which adds curve and roundness. Just make sure to avoid straight bangs. Instead, wear bangs that are wisped and fringed, which softens the face. Now that you have the forehead wisps, thin out your jaw line. Square faces look best with hair curled under slightly below the chin. Add a little curl to your hair for some extra richness. Don't be afraid to cut some wisps close to your cheeks for more softness and appeal.

Looking for a new look? look through this thread to help you find a new hair style. post up pictures of some hair style you like and ask for advise and etc... 42c0fa752e1f2.jpg curl with few blonde streaks i like this style...only if my hair was that long :[ dfgdfgdfg.jpg i might cut my hair like this

• Replies 20.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you so much for starting this thread. I need a new hairstyle.

I have hair that reached my chest. The last time I cut it was in May so it grew out and got really ugly. I have wavy hair and it's quite frizzy but I can tame it with serums and stuff so it's not biggie.

I'm looking for a funky hair but still pleasantable. No dyes. No perms.

Help?

I want to keep my side bangs(grew out) and my hair to my waist. I want it to be tieable(?) cause I'm not allowed to let down my hair in school.

Thanks!

Guest ellenkeem

awww both of the hair styles are SOO cute

i wanna cut my bangs off. or make them into sidebangs. they're so weird right now -___- i dont know what kind of bangs they are. . . .

oooo there's this girl 'lina!' on soompi. and i saw a picture of her on the soompi girls thread and i fell in loveeee with her hair T_T yeah you should check it out sometime > _ < i'm so jealous

anyways // this is such a good thread. i need help on new styles

Guest x__simply lost

Okay... i asked about this, and the person said it looked good for me and i noticed my hair is about the same length and if i get it it's just gonna be a little trim..

2710987273vb.jpg

Kinda big, i know sorry though ><'

Guest MutedHeartbreak

dfgdfgdfg.jpg

i might cut my hair like this

That's almost exactly how my hair is. You should probably avoid this cut if your hair is very flat. It will add body to the crown of your head cause of the short layers but everything else would be very thin and wouldn't look so good.

Guest ikrnxinhyungi

or really? thanks for the advise :]

i wanted to change my hair more than just cutting it but i dont know how i should cut it...i dont want a huge change though...hmmm

Guest alicimoo

What kind of haircut would look good on a person with a diamond shaped face? xD

i want a haircut, but i dont know what i should do.

Guest oneday

Thanks for starting this thread! Woohoo.

I'm looking for a haircut that's easy to maintain & cute (a little different from what everyone else has.. which is bangs, etc.) I have medium-length hair. Any advice?:)

dfgdfgdfg.jpg

wow thats sooo cute. but i already hav layers lol.

@Got Niee?

that person looks kinda lik Ai Otsuka..o_O

I like that hairstyle but my hair is wavy and it wouldn't work =(

Guest System1430291513

dfgdfgdfg.jpg

wow thats sooo cute. but i already hav layers lol.

@Got Niee?

that person looks kinda lik Ai Otsuka..o_O

it's ayumi from sugar.

it's cute, but only for people who have volume in their hair.

i'm trying to grow my hair/bangs, then get a long, choppy haircut.

Guest chocolate//

on the first picture, i like the curls but not the streaks.

they look like..string or something.

i like the hairstyle on the second pic.

Archived