Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Soompi Forums is moving TOMORROW!! Migration is scheduled to begin around 8am PDT Tuesday / 12am KST Wednesday [more details]

Does everybody just watch youtube now instead of tv?

SubwaysSubways olivejuiceTorontoPosts: 422Member
edited April 2012 in general discussion
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3O9-GhsTeI

This is the future. I mean you can't go wrong with all the channels out there now :P
eat fresh.

·

Replies

• AceFonduAceFondu CaliforniaPosts: 377Member

IDOL

I only watch youtube when i want to watch a certain video.. I watch T.V. when i want to watch something random or find something interesting...

And can i ask how the hell did you even find a video on that in the first place it uploaded recently like to this very second too.. Like is that channel yours or something? Just asking lol xD
    ·
  • cinemaontheparkcinemaonthepark Posts: 7Member
    Haha yep i barely watch tv now
    ·
  • JiN.xJiN.x Australia, WA, PerthPosts: 174Member
    My TV lets me watch Youtube, lol. laugh.gif 
    I don't really watch TV anymore though. sleep.gif
    ·
  • itrayyaitrayya latchkey princess. California.Posts: 7,221Friend of Soompi

IDOL

i love cable tv. i prefer it over the computer screen.
    but also watching youtube via the tv, i don't like too much.
    ·
  • happybubblehappybubble Posts: 553Member

IDOL

I watch interesting videos on youtube... I never really liked watching tv. It's been months since the last time I turned it on. 
    find the one who makes your heart smile :)

Christmas Shopping Discount Code: XMAS (valid until 25th Dec)
    ·
  • citroncitron Posts: 1New Member
    I don't watch tv much.. I did before, but the only channels I watch are Animal Planet, BBC and Disney Chanel. Haha. I prefer to watch what I want online.
    But, a lot of TV-channels have online-streaming so if I wanted to watch something I never watch it on TV but on my computer :)
    ·
  • SubwaysSubways olivejuice TorontoPosts: 422Member
    I feel that I don't have the capacity to watch anything longer than 9 minutes when online on youtube though... the new generation is so screwed =P
    eat fresh.

·
  • SunniRiseSunniRise Someone... feed me. Baker StreetPosts: 3,301Member

SUPERSTAR

The fact that I use the computer way more than I open a door in my life pretty much sums how much YouTube I watch as compared to a TV.
    (411)
    Feel free to follow. 
    ·
  • NPB-XKNPB-XK Thread Hijacker Area-Sexy-One - MontrPosts: 5,222Member

SUPERSTAR

I don't watch hockey on Youtube! C'mon!
    Quebecker image Style
    ·
  • sugarplum892sugarplum892 USAPosts: 11,061Moderator

Yeah, I watch almost everything on the computer with youtube and drama websites

·
  • monkeyinabarrelmonkeyinabarrel Posts: 1,371Member

IDOL

With limited data no... Lol I don't know a lot of the viral videos because of my paranoia of running over.
    ·
  • pianogirl591pianogirl591 CanadaPosts: 156Member
    Poor students like myself don't even own a tv so internet's all we've got...
    ·
  • BondSierranBondSierran Posts: 33Member
    I think YouTube was just the natural progression. TV's are becoming more interactive with the internet. Time's are changing baby!

But yes, I watch YouTube more then I do TV, mostly for the Korean shows that I can't watch (besides Korean News but bleh so boring).
    ·
  • jroxxsjroxxs Glasgow, Scotland, UKPosts: 95Member

ROOKIE

edited April 2012
    I spend the majority of my time at home on Youtube. I might turn my TV on a couple of times a month at most. The only thing I use my TV for is to watch the Formula 1 >.>
    ·
  • RiderKamenRiderKamen Millkaaah! AZPosts: 1,659Member
    Its bad enough that TVs can connect to the internet. Its going to be a matter of time before everyone has a putervision or a telecomp.
    vytfue.jpg

What You Know About Female Rap Groups? Click Here
    ·
  • BonnieBonnie `tis bonnie C: boston :DPosts: 3,479Member
    I never watch TV, or even touch it for that matter, anymore.
    I am always on Hulu, The CW, Youtube..etc. It's just so convenient and comfy!
    The only time I would use my TV is if I play Wii...which is almost never, ha.
    tumblr <3 411
    follow me and I'll return the favor
    watch7.png
    (c) lewis77
    ·
  • masterofceremonymasterofceremony Posts: 43Member, New Member
    yeah, I had read interesting article in the past about what is the future of TV in case of so fast development of online video services etc.
    I remember that some research done has stated that there is a really still huge percentage of people who do not like to select & search for content, but they like to someone to provide fun for them by streaming some content. So by this research seems that TV will never die in meaning of scheduled streaming of content (?)
    ·
  • xkrndreamerxkrndreamer BASKETBALL IS LIFE Cal State FullertonPosts: 6,295Friend of Soompi

IDOL

Nah, I need to watch live Lakers basketball and SportsCenter.
    ·
  • AiMangoAiMango honeypunch. 519Posts: 2,197Member
    No I dont... right now i actually have free tv service at the place i'm staying, but i haven't watched it once for the past 4 months. at school - living off campus we dont have a tv at our place. i mean i just dont even have time to be watching tv anymore, if i'm really bored ill go on fb, this forum, and yes maybe youtube.
    ·
  • prisonerzeroprisonerzero North Carolina, USA.Posts: 4,512Member
    I watch makeup tutorials and vloggers on YouTube but when I want to watch a TV show that airs here, I watch it on TV.
    makeup tutorials || tumblr || makeup blog || shop
    sincerely, rikki.
    ·