One Direction

Admin

I became aware of One Direction after seeing friends&family repeatedly mentioning them on Twitter and FB. It also doesn't help that I have an eleven years old sister who is completely obsess with them.

Seeing that they're likely becoming the next big thing after Justin Bieber I was just wondering if there's any Soompiers who have heard of One Direction or is a die heart fan themselves?

OD-1.jpg
Members (L to R): Niall Horan, Zayn Malik, Harry Styles, Louis Tomlinson, Liam Payne

Their songs:

|
|

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest teary-eyedmoon23

Ah~~ Directioner right here! *raises right hand*

I love them <3

I wonder if anyone here is going to attend one (or more) stop(s) of their US Summer Tour this year? :)?

i know them because my friend is EXTREMEEEELLYLYYYYYLYLYLYY obsessed with them. Obsessed. What's sad was that she used to love kpop LOL and she keeps going on and on and on and on about One Direction even if i don't know what she's talking about when she talks about their video diaries or whatever haha and she obsessed to the point where she BELIEVES that she'll get free tickets because just because she tweeted the management or whever the management apparently knows her and now she said that if she asks for VIP tickets they'll give it to her but i doubt it. If management actually knows her then i'm 2pm's coordi nuna psshht.

This morning on the radio i heard that 1D was coming to Vancouver where i live then suddenly girls started to call the radio CRYING and i was laughing it was actually funny

Guest Heaven11

You could ask anyone in the UK and they'll definitely know who they are. They competed on the X Factor here in the UK (A singing competition), though they didn't win (they came third I think), Simon Cowell signed them up and they've been a big hit here in UK, and are proving to be a big hit in USA. One of the guys is from the same town as me and went to the same school I went to.

I like their songs but I'm not going out of my way to follow them.

I have two friends (yes, they're older than the targeted audience of 14yr olds xD) who are "Directioners", and they've been trying to convert me... they've been showing me random videos of them (Spin the Harry). I can't even tell who is who when she talks about them with their names.

Guest ljane

This morning on the radio i heard that 1D was coming to Vancouver where i live then suddenly girls started to call the radio CRYING and i was laughing it was actually funny

LMAO about the crying! When Backstreet Boys & NSYNC were popular, I remember MTV interviewed girls who were waiting in line to buy CDs (wow, how times have changed...) and they were crying why they received a copy.

Not really a fan but lots of my friends are (who are MUCH older than the target age group). I've only heard "What Makes You Beautiful"...it's an ok song. I saw them on SNL doing a live performance. For me, they seemed nervous but I searched for all their other live performances and they were the same. Why don't they dance? They kind of look uneasy on stage IMO and their performances are kind of boring...maybe teen girls are just mesmerized because "they're sooo hot" or I've been watching into highly produced kpop performances for too long.

Guest ichigo_no_powder

I first heard about them on soompi because of the lawsuit by the american one direction. Trust Simon Cowell to be able to sniff out the profitable talents - I have mad respect for that man for his profession. Can't say that I'm a fan though, I just tried listening to [what makes you beautiful] as per love_lights recommendation and... :sweatingbullets: I can keep listening and staring without ever understanding what the appeal is

A radio station here in the Philippines plays their songs EVERY time. Like, every hour. And it's funny 'cause the lyrics to 'One Thing' goes like 'So get out, get out, get out of my head' AND I CAN'T GET IT OUT OF MY HEAD :crazy:

Anyway, they are cute. But too young for me :sweatingbullets:

Guest JiN.x

I've definitely heard of them.. I don't hate them but I don't like them either. I've never been a die hard fan of anything.. :sweatingbullets: Their songs are catchy though but get annoying after hearing it for the a millionth time from everywhere (radio, TV, school, classroom - can't seem to escape.. :unsure:)

Guest TICKLE ME Jx2

I'm kinda obsessed with them, hahaha. I always feel awkward though because their fans are all pre-teens/tweens and I'm 21, aha. But I just can't help it! Their music is actually really good and they're not too hard on the eyes..... I actually bought their debut album the other day and I'm in love with it.

Guest happybubble

They are too young (or I'm too old?) so they don't have much appeal to me. But I agree their songs are catchy ...and annoying if heard a lot of times a day

Guest xDollars

Not a die hard fan, but still a fan. (:

A few of my friends are obsessed with them, so I hear about them a lot.

What Makes You Beautiful is actually getting to be a little annoying to me too. -____-

• 3 weeks later...
Guest tofuxx

I'm kinda obsessed with them' date=' hahaha. I always feel awkward though because their fans are all pre-teens/tweens and I'm 21, aha. But I just can't help it! Their music is actually really good and they're not too hard on the eyes..... I actually bought their debut album the other day and I'm in love with it.[/quote']

samr! i'm also 21, turning 22, and i'm a fan. i heard of them when their fans kept commenting on the wanted videos on youtube saying "one direction is better!" so i got curious. im a fan of both :) plus i like all of the songs in the album (some more than others) so i look forward to hearing more from them. i just wouldnt get out of my way to go to their concerts or anything. i think i will get crushed by their fans >_<

Guest courtleee

"what makes you beautiful" is definitely SUPER catchy (not gonna lie, know all the lyrics huehuehue). but after a few youtube searches of their live performances...they're actually not that great of singers, imo. ;_;

Archived